Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 04, 2024, 11:19:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl confirmed as new singer for AC/DC tour (June 1, 2016: US dates announced)
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 120 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl confirmed as new singer for AC/DC tour (June 1, 2016: US dates announced)  (Read 527455 times)
Jbat81
Rocker

NY FOOTBALL GIANTS

« Reply #1900 on: June 10, 2016, 09:38:25 AM »

Fkn Axl man!!! Damn... Did anyone seriously think he could go back to sounding this fkn great!!?Huh?? Wow. I mean, I love the man with anything he does. Always will... But damn... Damn...

5-14-06 NY
5-15-06 NY
11-08-06 MA
11-17-11 NJ
11-19-11 CT
11-25-11 MA
12-30-11 NV
12-31-11 NV
2-10-12 NY
2-12-12 NY
2-15-12 NY
4-8-16 NV
4-9-16 NV
7-19-16 MA
7-20-16 MA
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #1901 on: June 10, 2016, 09:52:39 AM »

If all goes well with the Gnr tour, the momentum for those US shows will be huge.

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #1902 on: June 10, 2016, 10:01:43 AM »

Fkn Axl man!!! Damn... Did anyone seriously think he could go back to sounding this fkn great!!?Huh?? Wow. I mean, I love the man with anything he does. Always will... But damn... Damn...

Not even a little bit.  I figured this Axl was long gone, n'er to return.

But, he just told us that is working with a vocal coach again.  Not only was it badly needed, I think it showed that he was really going all out this year.

Great on all fronts.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #1903 on: June 10, 2016, 10:02:57 AM »

If all goes well with the Gnr tour, the momentum for those US shows will be huge.

First night in Detroit is huge.  That's the show that will get the splashy national reviews. 

So long as they are on time, and Axl sounds like he's been sounding, all should be well.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
GnRScouse
Rocker

« Reply #1904 on: June 10, 2016, 10:09:00 AM »

Went to Manchester last night and it was unbelievable. Seen Axl many times including the 90's but last night was something special. He sounded incredible and the whole vibe was great. Spoke to a lot of fans before who were wary of Axl but you could see people in the crowd saying Wow within 2 songs. Spoke to people after who all said he'd completely blown them away and they had been proven totally wrong with their preconceptions of him, including a guy who said he'd seen AC/DC 30 times and this was the best gig. Looking forward to a bootleg. Jealous of US fans who get to see Gn'R this Summer but I'd highly recommend going to one of these shows too.

"Nothing to bitch at today!"
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #1905 on: June 10, 2016, 10:39:57 AM »

A big deal with his voice is the spacing/timing of the shows...back to back nights is brutal. A few days off and he is fresh as a daisy.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #1906 on: June 10, 2016, 10:43:00 AM »

A big deal with his voice is the spacing/timing of the shows...back to back nights is brutal. A few days off and he is fresh as a daisy.

So true. 

You can hear it in these suddenly reliable Youtube clips, plain as day.

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #1907 on: June 10, 2016, 10:49:24 AM »

So true. 

Wink

He really dominates these AC DC songs...

Could anybody else in the world replace the singer in arguably the most popular band in the world... and be better?

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #1908 on: June 10, 2016, 10:51:24 AM »

Went to Manchester last night and it was unbelievable. Seen Axl many times including the 90's but last night was something special. He sounded incredible and the whole vibe was great. Spoke to a lot of fans before who were wary of Axl but you could see people in the crowd saying Wow within 2 songs. Spoke to people after who all said he'd completely blown them away and they had been proven totally wrong with their preconceptions of him, including a guy who said he'd seen AC/DC 30 times and this was the best gig. Looking forward to a bootleg. Jealous of US fans who get to see Gn'R this Summer but I'd highly recommend going to one of these shows too.

That's awesome!   Great to hear he's winning over AC/DC fans one stadium at a time.
Factory Girl
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1909 on: June 10, 2016, 11:04:54 AM »

I think this is a great opportunity for Axl. He needed that, to have a different experience outside the GNR world.
He looks rejuvenated, happy and enjoying himself like I haven't seem for a long time. Like he rediscovered his love of performing.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #1910 on: June 10, 2016, 11:06:41 AM »

Could anybody else in the world replace the singer in arguably the most popular band in the world... and be better?

I'm dragging my brother to see AXL/DC is September.  Says he's looking forward to it, but would have rather seen Brian.

I called up a Brian 'Thunderstruck' from one of his last shows.  And then an Axl 'Thunderstruck' from a few of these shows.

My brother changed his tune.

sky dog
Legend

« Reply #1911 on: June 10, 2016, 11:08:40 AM »

So true. 

I kinda worry about the stretch between the Boston back to back shows and the New York back to back with Gnr...that is the toughest week of the tour.

draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1912 on: June 10, 2016, 11:33:51 AM »

So true. 

I kinda worry about the stretch between the Boston back to back shows and the New York back to back with Gnr...that is the toughest week of the tour.

I can't wait until July 23rd. Smiley
MrMojoRa
VIP

iiii]; )'

« Reply #1913 on: June 10, 2016, 03:13:14 PM »

I have not found many videos for the Manchester concert.

Has anybody found a full concert posting?

8-13-88 (Pine Knob, Clarkson, Mi); 6-11-91 (Hershey, Pa); 12-16-91 & 12-17-91 (Philly); 12-06-02 (Philly Riot); 5-12-06 (Hammerstein, NY); 10-10-06 (MSG, NY); 11-26-11 (Camden, NJ); 7-14-16 (Philly)
Executioner
Rocker

« Reply #1914 on: June 10, 2016, 04:27:19 PM »

https://youtu.be/qi9-a9hlS8w check this clip out from London absolutely incredible vocals from Axl ,when he hits the final "let there be rock" it sounds like a rocket taking off.
richwoman
VIP

« Reply #1915 on: June 11, 2016, 07:26:05 AM »

Don`t post on here often but just wanted to say how unbelievably brilliant the Manchester show was nothing on youtube comes anywhere near what its like being there and hearing it I`ve never been to anything so loud in my life it`s insane,
I`m not surprised Axl`s having a blast it has everything cannons, confetti, bells, fireworks some of the loudest fans I`ve ever heard Axl`s definitely feeding off it  when he sings back in black it`s like it`s his theme tune the songs just seem to fit him so well at one point he was dancing around high kicking smiling it`s just great to see him so enjoying himself any way if you get a chance to see it u really should i would definitely go again  beer
Nikki_Sixx
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1916 on: June 11, 2016, 09:21:20 AM »

First night in Detroit is huge.  That's the show that will get the splashy national reviews. 

So long as they are on time, and Axl sounds like he's been sounding, all should be well.

I'm willing to bet he's gonna go right back to what his voice was like the last 15 years ...

He's going all out now because it's special to him and it's temporary.  Something tells me he's not going to do it in GNR, and THAT will be beyond dissapointing!

[Axl] Arnhem '01 (cancelled) - Pukkelpop '02 - Graspop '06 - Nijmegen '06 (+ Izzy) - Paris '10 - Antwerp '10 - Lille '10 - Rotterdam '12 - Paris '12 - Graspop '12 [Axl/Dc] Werchter '16
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1917 on: June 11, 2016, 11:54:45 AM »

I'm willing to bet he's gonna go right back to what his voice was like the last 15 years ...

He's going all out now because it's special to him and it's temporary.  Something tells me he's not going to do it in GNR, and THAT will be beyond dissapointing!
Well that's a pessimistic viewpoint if I've ever heard one. Way to rain on the parade. Reminds me of the Debbie Downer sketch on SNL.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1918 on: June 11, 2016, 01:43:19 PM »

I am curious to how the U.S. ACDC crowds will react to Axl and the whole thing. The arena shows without G.A. are not as rowdy as the big stadium shows that are going now...

and as we know real well around here... the U.S. fans are not as accepting of replacement members as Europe or S.A is !

Yeah- will be interesting to see. What are ticket sales like? Was pretty full in Manchester but visibly not sold out- plenty of empty seats, especially in the more expensive areas. Floor was all standing, and I was on front barrier so couldn't tell how full that was. Crowd went nuts though.

I had a GNR shirt on and some morons in the city centre before the show gave me a load of abuse! Sad bastards were dressed like Angus young in schoolboys outfits so couldn't give a Damn about people like that anyway- but was interesting. I mean, trying to pick a fight with someone over a shirt? Come on. Not sure why they didn't take the offered refund if they hated axl that badly! They can't have had much fun- they either hated it and wasted their money, or were made to look stupid by being proved wrong!

Other than them though I only got light hearted comments, and jokes, all of which were made by nice people in good humour. Loads of people spoke to me though because of the shirt!

Saw a guy in a GNR Vegas shirt but didn't get a chance to say hi.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #1919 on: June 11, 2016, 01:50:20 PM »

Are the USA shows also rescheduled shows? 

Do the fans that want to see these shows have to wait on tickets that are returned for refunds to be re-released?

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 120 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: