Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl confirmed as new singer for AC/DC tour (June 1, 2016: US dates announced)
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 120 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl confirmed as new singer for AC/DC tour (June 1, 2016: US dates announced)  (Read 527744 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1840 on: June 05, 2016, 09:16:37 AM »

That was an amazing show last night.

Never seen AC/DC before, but what an introduction to their shows that was.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #1841 on: June 05, 2016, 09:38:37 AM »

just watched some of those youtube vids....holy cow.  Shocked

I have never seen AC/DC either but you can bet your ass I will be at Phillips Arena in Atlanta on September 1st.  beer

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
Annie
« Reply #1842 on: June 05, 2016, 10:05:56 AM »

just watched some of those youtube vids....holy cow.  Shocked

I have never seen AC/DC either but you can bet your ass I will be at Phillips Arena in Atlanta on September 1st.  beer
I totally agree. I have my tix for MSQ section 109!!! beer
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #1843 on: June 05, 2016, 10:08:58 AM »

That was an amazing show last night.

Never seen AC/DC before, but what an introduction to their shows that was.

/jarmo

First time you've seen them Jarmo? GNR and AC/DC are my two favourite bands....Seen AC/DC 4 times...Hoping to see them with AXL in Buffalo...Hes killing it....How bout the energy Angus has?

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #1844 on: June 05, 2016, 10:28:26 AM »

Angus' energy level is insane.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #1845 on: June 05, 2016, 10:29:41 AM »

Sounds like London was the best show so far...

What a bad ass... can't wait for AC DC at MSG...

but first things first.... NOT IN THIS LIFE TIME !

Was hoping for a pic with Axl, Slash and Duff from last night backstage or something would pop up.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #1846 on: June 05, 2016, 10:48:25 AM »

To add, Axl hasn't even got back to full speed...imagine when Ax and Angus are 100%. Let There Be Rock!

On a side note, I wonder if Guns will change the setlist slightly...maybe less ballads? Ax has to feel the energy from going balls to the wall for 2 hours at these AC/DC shows. I am good either way but it has to be a huge rush for him. Maybe Slash and Duff got a little influenced by that show as well.  Tongue

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
siraddam
Headliner

« Reply #1847 on: June 05, 2016, 11:38:32 AM »

any reviews out yet from the London show?
Factory Girl
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1848 on: June 05, 2016, 12:15:43 PM »

Sounds like London was the best show so far...

What a bad ass... can't wait for AC DC at MSG...

but first things first.... NOT IN THIS LIFE TIME !

Was hoping for a pic with Axl, Slash and Duff from last night backstage or something would pop up.

Yeah, I was also hoping for a picture!
Princess Leia
« Reply #1849 on: June 05, 2016, 12:21:46 PM »

No Slash... bummer. rant

I'm one lucky bitch!  Grin  I saw Slash and Duff when they left. It was right before Highway To Hell. I was on the far left side of the stage. Then I saw the security moving things around. Next thing I know they were taking Slash and Duff out of the Stadium. They passed by very close to me so I saw them perfectly clear.

The show was fuckin amazing. I saw the 91 Axl again  beer

did he sign your tits?  hihi

No, I didn't chase him around. If you are jealous don't be. You can ask him to sign yours  smoking
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1850 on: June 05, 2016, 05:51:40 PM »

Going to manchester show-never seen them before.

Do their shows have a front pit? Is it worth getting there early if so?

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
GazT
« Reply #1851 on: June 05, 2016, 07:28:57 PM »

Yes there's a front inner circle for 5000 people. 

Make sure you're queuing at the stadium before they open the gates to get into the standing area.  They send wardens round to find groups of "proper" fans that aren't too drunk and rowdy.  If you're not selected initially, as soon as you get into the main standing area get over to the pit entry and ask the security guard at the front circle if he can let you in.  If you do this immediately then you will stand a decent chance of entry. 

The back of the pit next to the mixing desk is always the best spot in the venue in my opinion... enough room to move, great sound, you don't get crushed, and oh yeah, the beers easy to access!   Happy days.  Good luck!
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1852 on: June 06, 2016, 05:45:01 AM »

Yes there's a front inner circle for 5000 people. 

Make sure you're queuing at the stadium before they open the gates to get into the standing area.  They send wardens round to find groups of "proper" fans that aren't too drunk and rowdy.  If you're not selected initially, as soon as you get into the main standing area get over to the pit entry and ask the security guard at the front circle if he can let you in.  If you do this immediately then you will stand a decent chance of entry. 

The back of the pit next to the mixing desk is always the best spot in the venue in my opinion... enough room to move, great sound, you don't get crushed, and oh yeah, the beers easy to access!   Happy days.  Good luck!

Great information- thanks for that! How early do you recommend I get there to get a good spot? Won't be drunk and rowdy, but may have a GNR shirt on, which could mean I'm not a 'proper' fan!  So after the pit, it's just a big mass of standing?

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #1853 on: June 06, 2016, 06:52:42 AM »

Late to the party but Saturday night was phenomenal! Probably the loudest stadium show I've ever been to, great crowd and it goes without saying the band were insane..
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #1854 on: June 06, 2016, 01:06:08 PM »

Anyone know how this will affect the upcoming U.S shows with Axl?  I have been putting off buying tickets for Madison Square Garden because I would hate to pay money to see Axl play and then Brian Johnson comes back and I'm stuck with tickets to see AC/DC.  It is such an odd situation as far as refunds go.  Would AC/DC grant refunds to those who purchased tickets because Axl was advertised?   Will Axl still play those shows even if Brian Johnson is all good to go before then?  I would have to imagine he wouldn't, at least thats the vibe I get from everything he said about the whole situation.

AC/DC?s Brian Johnson Ready to Rock Again, Thanks to New In-Ear Monitor

Longtime AC/DC singer Brian Johnson reports that he?s ready to go back onstage after testing a new in-ear monitor that delivers louder and better sound while minimizing the risk of hearing damage.

The device is based on a new technology called the Ambrose Diaphonic Ear Lens (ADEL). Developed by Stephen Ambrose, ADEL filters sounds to produce high-quality audio across the frequency spectrum. ADEL distinguishes between static pressure and sound pressure and removes the static pressure, producing a higher quality listening experience and minimizing damage.

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #1855 on: June 06, 2016, 01:08:48 PM »

Anyone know how this will affect the upcoming U.S shows with Axl?  I have been putting off buying tickets for Madison Square Garden because I would hate to pay money to see Axl play and then Brian Johnson comes back and I'm stuck with tickets to see AC/DC.  It is such an odd situation as far as refunds go.  Would AC/DC grant refunds to those who purchased tickets because Axl was advertised?   Will Axl still play those shows even if Brian Johnson is all good to go before then?  I would have to imagine he wouldn't, at least thats the vibe I get from everything he said about the whole situation.

Longtime AC/DC singer Brian Johnson reports that he?s ready to go back onstage after testing a new in-ear monitor that delivers louder and better sound while minimizing the risk of hearing damage.

The device is based on a new technology called the Ambrose Diaphonic Ear Lens (ADEL). Developed by Stephen Ambrose, ADEL filters sounds to produce high-quality audio across the frequency spectrum. ADEL distinguishes between static pressure and sound pressure and removes the static pressure, producing a higher quality listening experience and minimizing damage.

I thought the same thing... I'd be so upset if Axl didn't play the US shows..

I'm not sure why... but I think Brian coming back this year is close to 0 percent... just the feel of all of this.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Poops Magee
Headliner

« Reply #1856 on: June 06, 2016, 01:09:11 PM »

The mic stand is back!

Inland Invasion 09/23/06
Gibson Amphitheater 12/20/06
T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas, 2nd show, 04/09/16
Qualcomm Stadium, 8/22/16
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #1857 on: June 06, 2016, 01:09:32 PM »

I was hoping someone would ask this.  Because its all I can think about, after shelling out $500 on Tuesday only to read this on Saturday.

I still think we will get Axl.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #1858 on: June 06, 2016, 01:45:43 PM »

I thought the same thing... I'd be so upset if Axl didn't play the US shows..

I'm not sure why... but I think Brian coming back this year is close to 0 percent... just the feel of all of this.

I think it is official that Axl will do all the dates currently announced with AC/DC.   They already cancelled, rebooked, offered refunds.   I don't think they would do it all over again
GazT
« Reply #1859 on: June 06, 2016, 02:05:01 PM »

I don't think any rock fan could go to see AC/DC and not have a great time, and if by some miracle, Brian Johnson was to return you would be in for an amazing show!

Anyway, that aside, it's not gonna happen.  Surely Brian's just got to follow the doctors advice.  The hearing aid guy might be legit, but at the end of the day he's just a  businessman who's interested in exploiting the situation to raise his company's profile.  It'd be a sad day if Brian were to go deaf through following the advice of some opportunist.
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 120 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: