Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 01:41:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl confirmed as new singer for AC/DC tour (June 1, 2016: US dates announced)
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 120 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl confirmed as new singer for AC/DC tour (June 1, 2016: US dates announced)  (Read 528457 times)
Annie
« Reply #1660 on: May 25, 2016, 03:51:42 PM »

Some so called experts on here were saying that Acdc songs would be far less challenging for Axl to sing than GnR ,but it's quite the opposite, song's like Thunderstruck,Shoot to thrill,Hells bells and For those about to rock are pushing his voice to the absolute limits,a lot of GnR songs are less strenuous and are more melodic with proper singing,However Axl has really nailed it and is as good if not better than BJ or BS.He hasn't much of a break before the GnR tour cranks up so hopefully he can maintain his voice for that.

Please stop. Axl CAN and WILL maintain his voice for the GNR Summer Stadium tour.
gunsbetterthanever
Rocker

« Reply #1661 on: May 25, 2016, 03:52:36 PM »

Someone name me another musician that has ever sold out stadiums with 2 bands in the same summer.

....Hey Yeah.....Are ya Ready?
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #1662 on: May 25, 2016, 03:56:14 PM »

Someone name me another musician that has ever sold out stadiums with 2 bands in the same summer.

I see what you are going for, but a bit misleading, no?

For starters, has there ever even been another one?  Easy to be the best at anything if its a one man list.

Secondly, these AC/DC tickets were already sold.  Could they have done the same numbers announcing Axl from the jump?  Dunno. 

But keep in mind, now we are talking about people buying tickets before they see any of these clips that everyone loves.  There were HUGE doubts about this before those clips.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #1663 on: May 25, 2016, 04:11:13 PM »

There were HUGE doubts about this before those clips.
The doubters were only you and some AC/DC fans.

GNR fans eagerly awaited the doubting AC/DC fans, who weren't willing to give Axl the chance to prove to them what we already know, to give up their tickets so we can have them.

Supposedly, thousands of AC/DC tickets that were sold were returned for refunds.  Those same thousands of tickets were then purchased by GNR fans and I'm guessing AC/DC fans who missed out on them in the first go-round.

So Axl definitely had a direct affect on these AC/DC shows being sold out before he sang one note with them.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #1664 on: May 25, 2016, 04:14:11 PM »

It has never happened before.  Which makes it that much cooler and special

Even just selling out stadiums is hard enough, let alone fronting two separate bands.

Some of the biggest acts in the world, if there singer went solo, wouldn't be able to sell out stadiums.

The fact that people were given the chance to sell off there ac/dc tickets after the fact of Brian leaving and these shows still being sell outs is a huge plus for Axl

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #1665 on: May 25, 2016, 04:15:13 PM »

GNR fans eagerly awaited the doubting AC/DC fans, who weren't willing to give Axl the chance to prove to them what we already know, to give up their tickets so we can have them.

Supposedly, thousands of AC/DC tickets that were sold were returned for refunds.  Those same thousands of tickets were then purchased by GNR fans and I'm guessing AC/DC fans who missed out on them in the first go-round.

So Axl definitely had a direct affect on these AC/DC shows being sold out before he sang one note with them.

Hey, it's a spin.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #1666 on: May 25, 2016, 04:15:55 PM »

Totally agree

I also don't by for a second that the general music goer was waiting around to see clips of Axl, before buying tickets.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #1667 on: May 25, 2016, 04:16:36 PM »

The fact that people were given the chance to sell off there ac/dc tickets after the fact of Brian leaving and these shows still being sell outs is a huge plus for Axl

And I challenge ANYONE to call up clips of Brian singing live in 2015 and tell me, with a straight face, the people at these shows didn't get an upgrade.

GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #1668 on: May 25, 2016, 04:16:53 PM »

Hey, it's a spin.
No spin.  Just FACT.

And I challenge ANYONE to call up clips of Brian singing live in 2015 and tell me, with a straight face, the people at these shows didn't get an upgrade.
Why do you feel the need to disparage what Brian means to AC/DC and their fans?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 04:19:30 PM by GypsySoul » Logged

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #1669 on: May 25, 2016, 04:18:16 PM »

I also don't by for a second that the general music goer was waiting around to see clips of Axl, before buying tickets.

So, just to be clear, if they announced this tour with Axl ahead of time, sight unseen, you think it was selling out stadiums?

Try and answer this without your usual canned rant about how the U.S. sucks.  I'm just talking these Euro shows.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #1670 on: May 25, 2016, 04:19:35 PM »

Hey, it's a spin.

No spin.  Just FACT.

Well, no.  It's spin.

A very small amount of tickets were resold to GNR fans that love Axl.  The vast majority of the people at these shows paid for AC/DC, and decided to give Axl a shot rather than just flat out not go.

The majority of those stadiums are not there to see Axl Rose.  That's preposterous.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #1671 on: May 25, 2016, 04:22:01 PM »

Why do you feel the need to disparage what Brian means to AC/DC and their fans?

Did that happen somewhere?  If it ever does, I'll weigh in at that time.

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #1672 on: May 25, 2016, 04:25:20 PM »

So, just to be clear, if they announced this tour with Axl ahead of time, sight unseen, you think it was selling out stadiums?

Try and answer this without your usual canned rant about how the U.S. sucks.  I'm just talking these Euro shows.

Yes I think they are still selling out stadiums.

The brand ac/dc is so huge right now and Angus is great at marketing.   

Axl was/is huge in Europe and in Canada and South America, etc...   He was putting on huge shows there for years

No doubt in my mind they would be selling out these concerts
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #1673 on: May 25, 2016, 04:25:34 PM »

Well, no.  It's spin.

A very small amount of tickets were resold to GNR fans that love Axl.  The vast majority of the people at these shows paid for AC/DC, and decided to give Axl a shot rather than just flat out not go.

The majority of those stadiums are not there to see Axl Rose.  That's preposterous.

It's only preposterous to you!

It's a FACT that these shows were sold out with Brian still on-board.  So obviously AC/DC have a very supportive fan base.  Add into that FACT that GNR/Axl has an absolute RABID fan base and the combination of the two would have still sold out these shows if Axl were announced as their singer from the word GO!

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #1674 on: May 25, 2016, 04:26:42 PM »

I saw Brian with ac/dc this past Feb, in Vegas.   The show was good.  He was fine performing live, I thought and that may of been one of his last shows
NaturalLight
Rocker

« Reply #1675 on: May 25, 2016, 04:29:46 PM »

I think Axl's true selling power - and I think it's huge - will be measured with the newly announced Germany date, since that will be a show that essentially is sold from the ground up.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #1676 on: May 25, 2016, 04:29:55 PM »

It's a FACT that these shows were sold out with Brian still on-board.  So obviously AC/DC have a very supportive fan base.  Add into that FACT that GNR/Axl has an absolute RABID fan base and the combination of the two would have still sold out these shows if Axl were announced as their singer from the word GO!

Well, there you go, then.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #1677 on: May 25, 2016, 04:30:17 PM »

I think Axl's true selling power - and I think it's huge - will be measured with the newly announced Germany date, since that will be a show that essentially is sold from the ground up.

Very much agreed.  Great point.

Marion68
VIP

« Reply #1678 on: May 25, 2016, 04:32:04 PM »

D?sseldorf/Germany...got my ticket for the AXL/DC show  beer
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #1679 on: May 25, 2016, 04:37:19 PM »

Very much agreed.  Great point.

And you just can't wait for him to fail.

Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 120 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: