Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 04:09:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl confirmed as new singer for AC/DC tour (June 1, 2016: US dates announced)
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 120 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl confirmed as new singer for AC/DC tour (June 1, 2016: US dates announced)  (Read 528541 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1620 on: May 24, 2016, 08:50:33 AM »

That brings back some nice memories. Smiley

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1621 on: May 24, 2016, 09:22:40 AM »

Here are some of the videos AC/DC has posted on this social media from the tour so far:

AC⚡️DC in Sevilla https://www.facebook.com/acdc/videos/10154148300067930/
AC/DC - T.N.T - Wien https://www.facebook.com/acdc/videos/10154165376517930/
Givin? The Dog A Bone in Prague https://www.facebook.com/acdc/videos/10154176217287930/

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Zak Alexander
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1622 on: May 24, 2016, 09:38:47 AM »

There's always something to worry about or something wrong....

Hey, remember a year ago when all you had to worry about was if there was a band and when they might be back?
Now it's the opposite. Worrying about having too much going on.  hihi

Calm down all you easily offended people with your own pity parties. Not trying to start a fight. Just an observation. Kiss

The point is, all that worrying isn't gonna do you any good.  Smiley

/jarmo

Pity party? Seriously? It's a forum let's not get carried away and we're not worrying we're simply observing. It's nothing but positive right now. I just comment on most performances, I just like to state my opinion wrong or right. I like interacting with you guys but just stop with the negative crap and sly digs.

There is a lot of negativity that comes wrapped as fake concern.

people are "worried" or "concerned" and it ends up as just another way to take shots at Axl or GNR.

yeah I get what you mean, I don't personally take shots at the band or axl, never would. The reason we're all here is because we're huge fans. I will watch a lot of clips and sometimes just state my opinion on a song that axl performs. I just hope his voice will be ok as the songs he's doing right now with acdc are pretty challenging, especially the likes of hells bells, or the end of shoot to thrill or some parts of thunderstruck, don't know how he does it, its insane. Felt the last show it was a bit strained but then I heard that he wasn't too well and had a cold, not sure if that's true. Just over 2 weeks till I get to see them in Manchester!
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1623 on: May 24, 2016, 09:42:52 AM »

Just noticed the ACDC fan forum has crashed. Is something going on?

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Annie
« Reply #1624 on: May 24, 2016, 09:46:14 AM »

Hey, remember a year ago when all you had to worry about was if there was a band and when they might be back?

Calm down all you easily offended people with your own pity parties. Not trying to start a fight. Just an observation. Kiss

/jarmo

Pity party? Seriously? It's a forum let's not get carried away and we're not worrying we're simply observing. It's nothing but positive right now. I just comment on most performances, I just like to state my opinion wrong or right. I like interacting with you guys but just stop with the negative crap and sly digs.

people are "worried" or "concerned" and it ends up as just another way to take shots at Axl or GNR.

yeah I get what you mean, I don't personally take shots at the band or axl, never would. The reason we're all here is because we're huge fans. I will watch a lot of clips and sometimes just state my opinion on a song that axl performs. I just hope his voice will be ok as the songs he's doing right now with acdc are pretty challenging, especially the likes of hells bells, or the end of shoot to thrill or some parts of thunderstruck, don't know how he does it, its insane. Felt the last show it was a bit strained but then I heard that he wasn't too well and had a cold, not sure if that's true. Just over 2 weeks till I get to see them in Manchester!
Axl is a trained professional and he knows how to take care of his voice. The guy just can't win. the man is giving EPIC mind blowing and ear shattering performances and all that people can say is that they "Hope" he can maintain it and they "WORRY" he may damage his voice. Give the man some credit. He knows better than to leave a Stradivarius out in the rain or play it so hard that the strings break. Those babies last for hundreds of years with proper care.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #1625 on: May 24, 2016, 10:40:42 AM »

Couple of good new videos with good sound of Axl up and around,out of the chair, and sounding pretty good.

Surely that must be more fun to talk about than "fake concern" and "pity parties", no? 

You'll never bring that handful of chronically unhappy campers around anyway.  There will always be some sort of slight (real or perceived) they'll insist on "correcting".  Hell with 'em.

Here, check this one out :

Thunderstruck : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTfZGANFskk

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jamillos22
Rocker

« Reply #1626 on: May 24, 2016, 10:41:01 AM »

/jarmo

Axl is a trained professional and he knows how to take care of his voice. The guy just can't win. the man is giving EPIC mind blowing and ear shattering performances and all that people can say is that they "Hope" he can maintain it and they "WORRY" he may damage his voice. Give the man some credit. He knows better than to leave a Stradivarius out in the rain or play it so hard that the strings break. Those babies last for hundreds of years with proper care.

Fair point.

Hell has frozen over.
jamillos22
Rocker

« Reply #1627 on: May 24, 2016, 10:45:44 AM »

It looks like once you express an opinion on this forum, you?re automatically stigmatized, put into some group, and thus assigned with features or opinions you don?t even have.

Only by a very select few that find those labels important above all else.  Up to and including actually talking about the band and their goings on.

So, you just roll your eyes and continue having productive conversation with the other 95% of the people here that aren't as concerned with personal grudges.

Your post was fine.  It was a relevant point about a current even in GNRland.  That's what important.  

I soooo should have done that.  Smiley

Hell has frozen over.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #1628 on: May 24, 2016, 10:48:30 AM »

It looks like once you express an opinion on this forum, you?re automatically stigmatized, put into some group, and thus assigned with features or opinions you don?t even have.

Only by a very select few that find those labels important above all else.  Up to and including actually talking about the band and their goings on.

So, you just roll your eyes and continue having productive conversation with the other 95% of the people here that aren't as concerned with personal grudges.

Your post was fine.  It was a relevant point about a current even in GNRland.  That's what important.  

I soooo should have done that.  Smiley

Hey, I'm hardly one to talk.  I've only taken that same bait from them about 1000 times.

But that was when things were grim.  Things are awesome now.  I just don't have the time or interest for fighting about old shit.

I've been (I've been) Axlstruck.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1629 on: May 24, 2016, 11:32:37 AM »

Couple of good new videos with good sound of Axl up and around,out of the chair, and sounding pretty good.

Surely that must be more fun to talk about than "fake concern" and "pity parties", no? 

You'll never bring that handful of chronically unhappy campers around anyway.  There will always be some sort of slight (real or perceived) they'll insist on "correcting".  Hell with 'em.

Here, check this one out :

Thunderstruck : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTfZGANFskk

Yeah, imagine if all could focus on that instead of constantly have to find something to worry about or something that's not right. That's been my "point" all along.

Anyway, that clip is great. Great to see the progress from being confined to a chair to moving around. That's gotta be good news for the GN'R tour starting in about a month. Smiley

Can't wait to see the show in person.

Axl saved the AC/DC tour. Got a lot of shit for it, and once the show got rolling some of those people were proven wrong and admitted it.
Win-win for us fans of Axl and GN'R!  Cool

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #1630 on: May 24, 2016, 11:34:24 AM »

Here's another one of him up and around.

Back In Black : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLbOarJffw4

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #1631 on: May 24, 2016, 11:35:48 AM »

Axl saved the AC/DC tour. Got a lot of shit for it, and once the show got rolling some of those people were proven wrong and admitted it.
Win-win for us fans of Axl and GN'R!  Cool

Someone on another forum posted a clip of Brian doing 'Thunderstruck' last year.  Man, it was just horrid.  Didn't realize just how far he'd fallen off.

I know Axl isn't "their guy", and I get that.  But, viewed objectively, the fans at these 12 shows got a better deal.

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #1632 on: May 24, 2016, 11:50:35 AM »

From reading the AC/DC forums the majority of the fans seem to think "go forward with Axl, or just end the band".

After these performances, it will be almost impossible to bring in someone else... maybe they can get a guy who sings just as good, but no one who at the same time has the charisma and star quality as Axl.

Wonder what goes through Axl's mind right now, fronting two MAJOR rock bands might prove a lot of work in the years to come. As long as it's fun I guess he doesn't mind?

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Zak Alexander
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1633 on: May 24, 2016, 12:15:59 PM »

/jarmo

I agree, I haven't even been negative towards him or his voice. Check my posts.. all I do is give him credit, the guy is my idol. Like you said he's a trained professional so who am I to talk about his voice. I guess I just worry about him straining it or whatever but that's a genuine concern not fake.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #1634 on: May 24, 2016, 12:32:34 PM »

From reading the AC/DC forums the majority of the fans seem to think "go forward with Axl, or just end the band".

After these performances, it will be almost impossible to bring in someone else... maybe they can get a guy who sings just as good, but no one who at the same time has the charisma and star quality as Axl.

Wonder what goes through Axl's mind right now, fronting two MAJOR rock bands might prove a lot of work in the years to come. As long as it's fun I guess he doesn't mind?

I assume the GNR tour will go through next summer as they hit the entire world.

But after that, who knows?  I do not expect another GNR album.  And if Slash goes back out with Myles, would Axl then do something with AC/DC?

In way, this is a godsend for Axl.  Trying to get another replacement line-up and running will be a non-starter.  No one will care.  Even some of we diehards might be slow to get back onboard.

But there could well be another GNR tour with Slash and Duff in 5 years if this goes well.  And perhaps he can fill the in between with AC/DC.

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #1635 on: May 24, 2016, 12:54:51 PM »

I assume the GNR tour will go through next summer as they hit the entire world.

But after that, who knows?  I do not expect another GNR album.  And if Slash goes back out with Myles, would Axl then do something with AC/DC?

In way, this is a godsend for Axl.  Trying to get another replacement line-up and running will be a non-starter.  No one will care.  Even some of we diehards might be slow to get back onboard.

But there could well be another GNR tour with Slash and Duff in 5 years if this goes well.  And perhaps he can fill the in between with AC/DC.

It could very well work out perfectly, with as you say Axl does a run with AC/DC while Slash does his solo gig. And then both of them back to GN'R after a little while.

Hopefully there will be time to think new GN'R music in all this.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
aaronjcurtis
Headliner

« Reply #1636 on: May 24, 2016, 01:31:49 PM »

He sounds so good in these videos. I hope they keep him on and work around their schedules. Would love to hear an album done with him as well. Super cool!
Annie
« Reply #1637 on: May 24, 2016, 01:33:50 PM »

He sounds so good in these videos. I hope they keep him on and work around their schedules. Would love to hear an album done with him as well. Super cool!
yes!!! beer love
The chemistry between Axl and Angus is like lightening in a bottle. Angus looks like a 22 year old man out there with Axl. smoking
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 01:35:34 PM by Little EMO Annie » Logged
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #1638 on: May 24, 2016, 02:14:05 PM »

A video of mine from Prague. AC/DC (Feat Axl Rose) "Hell aint a bad place to be"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=letqpyHyv5M
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #1639 on: May 24, 2016, 02:24:24 PM »

A video of mine from Prague. AC/DC (Feat Axl Rose) "Hell aint a bad place to be"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=letqpyHyv5M

Wow, you were close.

Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 120 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: