Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 01:44:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl confirmed as new singer for AC/DC tour (June 1, 2016: US dates announced)
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 120 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl confirmed as new singer for AC/DC tour (June 1, 2016: US dates announced)  (Read 528478 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1600 on: May 23, 2016, 02:38:36 PM »

I'm only the "problem" to a certain clique of fans....  The flip side is that some appreciate that.
You know that old saying.... Smiley

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Eduardo
VIP

Its just that demon life has got him in its sway

« Reply #1601 on: May 23, 2016, 04:04:51 PM »

Axl's been singing his ass off for, what, 10 shows now? (including GNR)

And people bitch because of one tiny shrieck by the end of the show

If you dig up the old GNR shows, circa '91, '92, you see Axl making A LOT of mistakes, like singing out of tune, out of breath, etc. But somehow this era of his singing is untouchable to some of the fans, while nowadays people point out every single mistake he does

Let's just enjoy this historic moment. Axl is singing REALLY well, he seems to be happy, he's rejoined with Slash and Duff and he's showing up on time  hihi
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #1602 on: May 23, 2016, 04:28:14 PM »

I?m really starting to worry about Axl?s voice. What people don?t realize is that even though the way he sings now is mind-blowing, he really strains his voice, especially on stunts like Thunderstruck or Back in Black. Never done that so consistently in Guns. He used mickey now and then in Prague. Then when you listen to For Those about to Rock, his voice really cracked awfully halfway the song, and he struggled to finish it. They say he?s had cold at least since Vienna, blowing his nose between the songs etc. I just hope he?ll be ok.
Were we listening to the same song? His voice did NOT crack and he did NOT struggle to finish it. He will be just fine. People catch colds. Maybe it's allergies.

It is truly amazing that even in the face of all these shows and activity that some people will find something to complain about.

I think some are genuinely addicted to negativity and complaining.  rant

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #1603 on: May 23, 2016, 04:50:36 PM »

Axl/AC/DC is taking requests!!!  Shocked
This is from the AC/DC twitter:

AC/DC ‏@acdc
Last night AC⚡️DC played Touch Too Much for the first time since 1979!
What rarity would you like to hear at a show?

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #1604 on: May 23, 2016, 04:55:05 PM »

Maybe a practice Axl will bring with him when he's back in Guns?

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #1605 on: May 23, 2016, 05:13:05 PM »

Maybe a practice Axl will bring with him when he's back in Guns?

Oh now you're just being silly!!!  hihi

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Zak Alexander
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1606 on: May 23, 2016, 06:11:05 PM »

There's always something to worry about or something wrong....

Hey, remember a year ago when all you had to worry about was if there was a band and when they might be back?
Now it's the opposite. Worrying about having too much going on.  hihi

Calm down all you easily offended people with your own pity parties. Not trying to start a fight. Just an observation. Kiss

The point is, all that worrying isn't gonna do you any good.  Smiley

/jarmo

Pity party? Seriously? It's a forum let's not get carried away and we're not worrying we're simply observing. It's nothing but positive right now. I just comment on most performances, I just like to state my opinion wrong or right. I like interacting with you guys but just stop with the negative crap and sly digs.
sakuL
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1607 on: May 23, 2016, 06:17:41 PM »

I?m really starting to worry about Axl?s voice. What people don?t realize is that even though the way he sings now is mind-blowing, he really strains his voice, especially on stunts like Thunderstruck or Back in Black. Never done that so consistently in Guns. He used mickey now and then in Prague. Then when you listen to For Those about to Rock, his voice really cracked awfully halfway the song, and he struggled to finish it. They say he?s had cold at least since Vienna, blowing his nose between the songs etc. I just hope he?ll be ok.

I got the impression from the show (and I attended it personally) that he only used Mickey voice for the songs originally sung by Bon Scott (e.g. TNT or Highway to Hell). So I understand he uses it deliberately and conceptually with AC/DC.
gunsbetterthanever
Rocker

« Reply #1608 on: May 23, 2016, 07:45:17 PM »

I'm only the "problem" to a certain clique of fans....  The flip side is that some appreciate that.
You know that old saying.... Smiley

/jarmo

I like the discussions and disagreements... We all clearly love Axl either from back in the day or now, or the entire time he has been around.
Jarmo is the key to this enjoyment.  I once posted a troll post to enjoy the reaction, and jarmo threatened to ban me... It made me laugh, but I wasn't aggravated.
Dgenx also o think likes to get the discussion going intentionally with comments.  I enjoy reading that too.

ANF Axl looks good and sounds great at 54, but when he is off, the music is so good and he still is overall amazing.  Sometimes he is worse now and sometimes he actually is even better.  With Axl DC he is hitting high screams that he couldn't hit back in hey day.  He screams less with GNR now, but again, overall he is still the best.

Forgive me being all over the place but I can't help it. Axl is everywhere and after twenty years of being pretty much out of the spotlight, this has been better than my best scenario.

And to some of the critics right now, even if they r looking too closely to find mistakes, I showed this to my sister who went to GNR shows  with me in 88-92, she said, wow, he looks terrible and sounds totally different with GNR.
And she loves Axl.  My wife doesn't want to go to show with me because she says he is not what he was and is not the heart throb she remembered. 

Oh well, I'm going and I am obsessed with the fantasy come true set up.

Rock or bus and shoot to thrill, and all these others has me not even watching GNR.  And GNR has 6-7 coma vids that were my dream before my dream was just slash and Axl... And before that it was just to have Axl come back after a great 2014 finish.

See. Axl has made me lose my mind for the better!

....Hey Yeah.....Are ya Ready?
jamillos22
Rocker

« Reply #1609 on: May 24, 2016, 12:27:58 AM »

Were we listening to the same song? His voice did NOT crack and he did NOT struggle to finish it. He will be just fine. People catch colds. Maybe it's allergies.

It is truly amazing that even in the face of all these shows and activity that some people will find something to complain about.

See, this is exactly what I?m talking about. Everything has to be in black and white extremes here. You are immediately in some sort of a group. As I said, I?m a very positive guy in terms of Axl and Guns and I don?t remember complaining here about anything even once. It is traceable, btw. And I wasn?t complaining even now. It was just an observation. I don?t know any simpler way how to put it. Yet some people here are so obsessed with some posters who actually do spread negativity all the time (I totally agree that it sucks) so they flame anything that is not completely positive all the time. It?s ridiculous. The world is colourful, people.

Hell has frozen over.
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #1610 on: May 24, 2016, 12:55:19 AM »

first pretty excited review of the Prague show https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=cs&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=cs&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fmetalforever.info%2Farticle.php%3Fid%3D31492&edit-text=

Princess Leia
« Reply #1611 on: May 24, 2016, 01:54:38 AM »

Axl/AC/DC is taking requests!!!  Shocked
This is from the AC/DC twitter:

AC/DC ‏@acdc
Last night AC⚡️DC played Touch Too Much for the first time since 1979!
What rarity would you like to hear at a show?

Just keep Touch Too Much on the setlist. That's my only request  Smiley
Boromir
VIP

« Reply #1612 on: May 24, 2016, 05:48:45 AM »

Just got my ticket for Thursday's show in Hamburg.  beer

Keep Calm and Listen to Guns N' Roses!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1613 on: May 24, 2016, 05:50:55 AM »

Just got my ticket for Thursday's show in Hamburg.  beer

Have fun!

Can't wait to see them in London Smiley

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1614 on: May 24, 2016, 07:42:55 AM »

I think for the last show Axl should break out the kilt and AC/DC should bring out a bagpipe band for It's a Long way to the Top(if you want to Rock and Roll)..Still hoping for a live album or a Best of with Axl singing..They could call it AC/DC III...featuring Axl Rose.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #1615 on: May 24, 2016, 07:57:26 AM »

See, this is exactly what I?m talking about. Everything has to be in black and white extremes here. You are immediately in some sort of a group. As I said, I?m a very positive guy in terms of Axl and Guns and I don?t remember complaining here about anything even once. It is traceable, btw. And I wasn?t complaining even now. It was just an observation. I don?t know any simpler way how to put it. Yet some people here are so obsessed with some posters who actually do spread negativity all the time (I totally agree that it sucks) so they flame anything that is not completely positive all the time. It?s ridiculous. The world is colourful, people.

Nobody is "obsessed" with any posters.   Roll Eyes

Some people are constantly negative, and their post history reflects that tendency.

I am very allergic to all forms of bovine excretement, why come to a fan forum that is dedicated to a band, to whine and complain?  I don't enjoy Bon Jovi but I don't join his fan forum to constantly voice my displeasure about his douchiness.

"Shut the fuck up."
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #1616 on: May 24, 2016, 08:01:28 AM »

There's always something to worry about or something wrong....

Hey, remember a year ago when all you had to worry about was if there was a band and when they might be back?
Now it's the opposite. Worrying about having too much going on.  hihi

Calm down all you easily offended people with your own pity parties. Not trying to start a fight. Just an observation. Kiss

The point is, all that worrying isn't gonna do you any good.  Smiley

/jarmo

Pity party? Seriously? It's a forum let's not get carried away and we're not worrying we're simply observing. It's nothing but positive right now. I just comment on most performances, I just like to state my opinion wrong or right. I like interacting with you guys but just stop with the negative crap and sly digs.

There is a lot of negativity that comes wrapped as fake concern.

people are "worried" or "concerned" and it ends up as just another way to take shots at Axl or GNR.

"Shut the fuck up."
jamillos22
Rocker

« Reply #1617 on: May 24, 2016, 08:08:05 AM »

Some people are constantly negative, and their post history reflects that tendency.

I am very allergic to all forms of bovine excretement, why come to a fan forum that is dedicated to a band, to whine and complain?  I don't enjoy Bon Jovi but I don't join his fan forum to constantly voice my displeasure about his douchiness.

You seem to deliberately completely ignore the main points in my posts, over and over.
Am I one of those people? NO. Read my history, if you like. I've been nothing but excited.
Nevermind, this is a dead end.

Hell has frozen over.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #1618 on: May 24, 2016, 08:15:16 AM »

You seem to deliberately completely ignore the main points in my posts, over and over.
Am I one of those people? NO. Read my history, if you like. I've been nothing but excited.
Nevermind, this is a dead end.

You seem to ignore the fact that nowhere, anywhere  did I mention you were one of those people.

If you know you aren't why be so offended and take it to heart? 

Most definitely a dead end!  hihi

"Shut the fuck up."
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #1619 on: May 24, 2016, 08:46:21 AM »

Since I finally got around to it, I figure I'll put it here, Whole Lotta Rosie, with Angus video I took dead center on the rail at I took at Coachella Weekend 1 Cheesy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kh6f78E8Zhw

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 120 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: