Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 01:41:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl confirmed as new singer for AC/DC tour (June 1, 2016: US dates announced)
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 120 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl confirmed as new singer for AC/DC tour (June 1, 2016: US dates announced)  (Read 528463 times)
Tongue-like-a-razor
Headliner

A sweet switch-blade knife...

« Reply #1580 on: May 23, 2016, 08:58:13 AM »

It's nice to see them dust off classic gems, but I really think they need to practice "Touch Too Much" a little more - it wasn't exactly a tight performance. Axl is generally doing a very fine job IMHO.
Annie
« Reply #1581 on: May 23, 2016, 10:22:57 AM »

It's nice to see them dust off classic gems, but I really think they need to practice "Touch Too Much" a little more - it wasn't exactly a tight performance. Axl is generally doing a very fine job IMHO.
I disagree. I thought it was totally awesome.  I haven't been as excited about something as much as AXL/DC since my TWILIGHT obsession 8 years ago. hihi
jamillos22
Rocker

« Reply #1582 on: May 23, 2016, 12:54:53 PM »

I?m really starting to worry about Axl?s voice. What people don?t realize is that even though the way he sings now is mind-blowing, he really strains his voice, especially on stunts like Thunderstruck or Back in Black. Never done that so consistently in Guns. He used mickey now and then in Prague. Then when you listen to For Those about to Rock, his voice really cracked awfully halfway the song, and he struggled to finish it. They say he?s had cold at least since Vienna, blowing his nose between the songs etc. I just hope he?ll be ok.

Hell has frozen over.
Annie
« Reply #1583 on: May 23, 2016, 01:01:57 PM »

I?m really starting to worry about Axl?s voice. What people don?t realize is that even though the way he sings now is mind-blowing, he really strains his voice, especially on stunts like Thunderstruck or Back in Black. Never done that so consistently in Guns. He used mickey now and then in Prague. Then when you listen to For Those about to Rock, his voice really cracked awfully halfway the song, and he struggled to finish it. They say he?s had cold at least since Vienna, blowing his nose between the songs etc. I just hope he?ll be ok.
Were we listening to the same song? His voice did NOT crack and he did NOT struggle to finish it. He will be just fine. People catch colds. Maybe it's allergies.
jamillos22
Rocker

« Reply #1584 on: May 23, 2016, 01:24:11 PM »

Were we listening to the same song? His voice did NOT crack and he did NOT struggle to finish it. He will be just fine. People catch colds. Maybe it's allergies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flkQLIeibUg

3:29

Hell has frozen over.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1585 on: May 23, 2016, 01:35:00 PM »

There's always something to worry about or something wrong....

Hey, remember a year ago when all you had to worry about was if there was a band and when they might be back?
Now it's the opposite. Worrying about having too much going on.  hihi

Calm down all you easily offended people with your own pity parties. Not trying to start a fight. Just an observation. Kiss

The point is, all that worrying isn't gonna do you any good.  Smiley

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Annie
« Reply #1586 on: May 23, 2016, 01:38:48 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flkQLIeibUg

3:29
I heard a shriek, not a crack. And he finished up the song just fine.
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1587 on: May 23, 2016, 01:55:16 PM »

There's always something to worry about or something wrong....

Hey, remember a year ago when all you had to worry about was if there was a band and when they might be back?
Now it's the opposite. Worrying about having too much going on.  hihi

Calm down all you easily offended people with your own pity parties. Not trying to start a fight. Just an observation. Kiss

The point is, all that worrying isn't gonna do you any good.  Smiley yeah, "I don't worry, cause worrying a a waste of my time"...

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #1588 on: May 23, 2016, 02:00:00 PM »

I don't think 'For Those About To Rock' has been one of the stronger songs each night, to be honest.

But I was listening to 'Back In Black' on the putting green yesterday.  And could not agree more with jamillos22.  Axl is screaming his head off all throughout.  Yes, it sounds incredible.  But is it sustainable?

I'd have to say no.  As myself, and some others have said after hearing these AC/DC concerts...how can you explain the end of YCBM the past 5 years?  It always underwhelms.  It damn sure could make due with some of the vocal style we are hearing on 'Back In Black' or 'Thunderstruck'.  That's sure how he sung it once upon a time.

Where I get off the bus with some folks is when they insist Axl is using the Mickey voice out of spite or laziness.  That just makes no sense to me.  The man is still a professional and obviously has ears.  I seriously doubt its lost on him that YCBM over the past few tours has been a trouble spot for him.  PC some nights too.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jamillos22
Rocker

« Reply #1589 on: May 23, 2016, 02:10:34 PM »

It looks like once you express an opinion on this forum, you?re automatically stigmatized, put into some group, and thus assigned with features or opinions you don?t even have.
I was just expressing my sincere petty concern about my favourite singer, that?s all. People say yesterday?s night was a bit off sometimes. That, however, obviously doesn?t mean he doesn?t kick ass or it?s the end of the world.
And as for the other post ? a crack, a shriek, it doesn?t matter, it sounded really bad (never heard anything like that from him before, not even in 2002), that?s all.
Peace.

Hell has frozen over.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1590 on: May 23, 2016, 02:12:35 PM »

It looks like once you express an opinion on this forum, you’re automatically stigmatized, put into some group, and thus assigned with features or opinions you don’t even have.

I think what you meant is that once you express an opinion, someone might disagree.  ok
I know some don't like that. They just prefer to keep posting the same opinion year after year with lots of "I agree" posts following theirs to make themselves feel important....

Yeah, I'm not 100% serious. Smiley

Edited to add: Not trying to offend, just saying that be prepared that not everybody will just pat your back and agree with everything you say. Especially if most of your posts are slanted towards the negative. Not saying yours are, just generally speaking. Some people come here and really have a hard time understanding the point of this fan site.....

/jarmo
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 02:24:43 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #1591 on: May 23, 2016, 02:13:13 PM »

It looks like once you express an opinion on this forum, you?re automatically stigmatized, put into some group, and thus assigned with features or opinions you don?t even have.

Only by a very select few that find those labels important above all else.  Up to and including actually talking about the band and their goings on.

So, you just roll your eyes and continue having productive conversation with the other 95% of the people here that aren't as concerned with personal grudges.

Your post was fine.  It was a relevant point about a current even in GNRland.  That's what important.  

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1592 on: May 23, 2016, 02:14:40 PM »

The above member is the president of his own Pity Party.  ok Wink It's a joke!

Once again, how come so many of these "productive conversations" are negative?

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #1593 on: May 23, 2016, 02:14:54 PM »

See what I mean?

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1594 on: May 23, 2016, 02:16:30 PM »

No.

What exactly makes your conversations productive?

You're the same guy who labeled my post as passive aggressive, yet once again failed to point out which part was just that.
Seriously. You need to stop that shit ASAP. Smiley

/jarmo

Annie
« Reply #1595 on: May 23, 2016, 02:18:45 PM »

I was just expressing my sincere petty concern about my favourite singer, that?s all. People say yesterday?s night was a bit off sometimes. That, however, obviously doesn?t mean he doesn?t kick ass or it?s the end of the world.
And as for the other post ? a crack, a shriek, it doesn?t matter, it sounded really bad (never heard anything like that from him before, not even in 2002), that?s all.
Peace.

You are free to express your opinion. I just didn't agree with your critique of the performance. Yes these high level vocals are intense but they have 2 to 3 day rests between gigs. He is not doing it night after night like some Broadway singers.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #1596 on: May 23, 2016, 02:24:31 PM »

What exactly makes your conversations productive?

I talk about events and not the people making the comment who live rent free in my head.  In fact, almost everyone here does thing that way.  But not everybody.

Look, I'll keep this brief.  And maybe this post will actually stay on the board longer than 5 minutes, but I'm not holding my breath.

Everything here has been great all year.  Look how excited and happy everyone is.  Know what the problem is - YOU.

Any objective 3rd party auditing of your posts in 2016 and their impact on any thread you enter would be one humbling experience, my friend.  Certainly to anyone that cared even one whit about not stirring shit up and just talking about the band, which is what you allege you'd like to see happen.

You derail every thread you enter with your bullshit.  You are a record scratch in human form.  You don't strike me as a stupid man, so I doubt this is lost on you.  

But go to any thread, and I mean ANY thread you entered this year.  Read the 5 pages prior and then the 2 after you leave again.  No one is fighting until you get here and it never continues once you leave.  All you want to do is lecture and settle scores from 3 god damn years ago.  With the same handful of people that are the only people you EVER talk to.

Real talk.

jamillos22
Rocker

« Reply #1597 on: May 23, 2016, 02:32:21 PM »

I think you guys got it wrong. Or maybe it?s my English (sorry), I don?t know. I definitively wasn?t criticizing him. I was merely describing what I?d heard.

I?m fine with people disagreeing, but not in a way that puts you automatically in some box. I?m actually usually a very positive guy regarding Axl & Guns.

And D-X is right. Tbh, I think it?s the middle ? and softer ? positions that he uses mickey on. Once the tune is higher and the voice is supposed to be stronger, he goes full rasp again. Maybe that?s why Touch Too Much sounded the way it sounded now.
And as usual, for good measure, I still think he kicks ass, ok?

Anyway, off to bed. I still love it here.

Hell has frozen over.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1598 on: May 23, 2016, 02:33:55 PM »

You keep saying things and acting the opposite..... Smiley

It's funny that you attack me. The only reason you don't like my posts is because you post a lot of crap.
For example, when you try to say something nice, you gotta take a dig at something. It's how you are.

And when I point it out, I'm the bad person. Maybe if you didn't have that kind of need to post so much shit, I wouldn't have to step in and point it out?

Why don't you start a blog or something? Where you can admire your own posts?

Just a little by the way here, I don't like to pat my own back, but I've been doing this Internet GN'R fan site thing for almost 20 years by now.
And you label your own conversations as productive... Funny that.  Smiley

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #1599 on: May 23, 2016, 02:34:54 PM »

I said my peace, Jarmo.  I'm not hijacking this thread with this nonsense.

I give you credit for leaving it up there, which I did not think was going to happen. 

Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 120 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: