Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 01:47:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl confirmed as new singer for AC/DC tour (June 1, 2016: US dates announced)
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 120 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl confirmed as new singer for AC/DC tour (June 1, 2016: US dates announced)  (Read 528497 times)
Annie
« Reply #1540 on: May 21, 2016, 01:13:47 PM »

should Angus get rid of his school boy cap? hihi

You better start watching the shows. In case you haven't noticed Angus doesn't wear the cap during the whole show. Still you're gonna have to ask AC/DC fans whether they like to see Angus wearing a school cap or not. I don't care one way or another about Angus cap. I care about Axl and he looks better without the hat

smoking

P.S. I'm glad you enjoy the reading  Baconman  Smiley

I think he looks more bad ass without the hats too ... But be careful somebody is going to call you gay real soon if you talk about a rock stars image. Unless ur a gal I don't know  hihi
I like the hats and glasses. It's like a badass gangsta Mad Hatter.
And Angus and Axl have such incredible chemistry that it's like Angus is a 22 year old man.
Princess Leia
« Reply #1541 on: May 21, 2016, 01:18:39 PM »

should Angus get rid of his school boy cap? hihi

You better start watching the shows. In case you haven't noticed Angus doesn't wear the cap during the whole show. Still you're gonna have to ask AC/DC fans whether they like to see Angus wearing a school cap or not. I don't care one way or another about Angus cap. I care about Axl and he looks better without the hat

smoking

P.S. I'm glad you enjoy the reading  Baconman  Smiley

I think he looks more bad ass without the hats too ... But be careful somebody is going to call you gay real soon if you talk about a rock stars image. Unless ur a gal I don't know  hihi

I know in today's world there are all kind of genders. But I was born a woman and I'm very proud and happy about it. I won't change a thing about me

Grin

Nikki_Sixx
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1542 on: May 22, 2016, 03:06:27 AM »

Yeah, the boots of the second Las Vegas show and that first Coachella show have pretty good sound.

And Axl sounded solid.  If he sounds like that all tour, no worries.

Wouldn't you rather have him sing like he does with Ac/Dc ?  He's proven that he's still capable of doing it, so there's no excuse not to do it with GNR ...

I think that would be the best case scenario, sure.

I have listened to that 'Rock Or Bust' from the first night about 1000 times.  Amazing, since I find it a pretty pedestrian song, even by AC/DC standards.

But Axl sounds unreal.  Sounds like the Axl of 25 years ago.  The real Axl, as I would put it.  I would love if he could sound like that every night for GNR.

I was simply saying that hoping for that every night is like hoping that every round of golf you shoot will be 10 under par.  Might not be super realistic.

And if, instead, he simply sounds like he did on those first few GNR shows in April, that's still pretty damn good.  Just don't want him sounding like he did in 2011-14, which I think is the absolute lowest point in the valley of his live career.

I don't understand that point of view.  And I'm not picking a fight here.

He does it every night with Ac/Dc.  I saw him in Werchter.  There were a few short instances in some 'softer' passages of certain songs where Mickey came through a bit.  For the rest of the show he was full on '87/'93 style, and believe me it looked like it was effortless.  It's clearly a technique thing.  He can switch it on and off as he pleases.  All of the April shows had (what we call) the weaker voice, especially the ballads and 'softer' passages.  To me those passages are unlistenable.  I'll reference November Rain from the Coachella feed again.  When you put that next to any of the Axl/Dc songs, the difference is cringeworthy.

If I had a ticket to a US show this summer (having been at Werchter) and he came out sounding like he did in April I'd be immensely dissapointed.

Either it's extremely painful, extremely bad for his voice in the long run, or he just doesn't want to do it / just doesn't give a fuck ...

Normally I would say that people are entitled to their opinions but you are just wrong.
Cuz I ain't a hater like you so bow down.

You and that Emily chick are so perfect for this forum  Grin

Are you REAL people ?  Or just programmed bots ?

[Axl] Arnhem '01 (cancelled) - Pukkelpop '02 - Graspop '06 - Nijmegen '06 (+ Izzy) - Paris '10 - Antwerp '10 - Lille '10 - Rotterdam '12 - Paris '12 - Graspop '12 [Axl/Dc] Werchter '16
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #1543 on: May 22, 2016, 05:45:09 AM »

Yeah, the boots of the second Las Vegas show and that first Coachella show have pretty good sound.

Wouldn't you rather have him sing like he does with Ac/Dc ?  He's proven that he's still capable of doing it, so there's no excuse not to do it with GNR ...

I have listened to that 'Rock Or Bust' from the first night about 1000 times.  Amazing, since I find it a pretty pedestrian song, even by AC/DC standards.

But Axl sounds unreal.  Sounds like the Axl of 25 years ago.  The real Axl, as I would put it.  I would love if he could sound like that every night for GNR.

I was simply saying that hoping for that every night is like hoping that every round of golf you shoot will be 10 under par.  Might not be super realistic.

And if, instead, he simply sounds like he did on those first few GNR shows in April, that's still pretty damn good.  Just don't want him sounding like he did in 2011-14, which I think is the absolute lowest point in the valley of his live career.

He does it every night with Ac/Dc.  I saw him in Werchter.  There were a few short instances in some 'softer' passages of certain songs where Mickey came through a bit.  For the rest of the show he was full on '87/'93 style, and believe me it looked like it was effortless.  It's clearly a technique thing.  He can switch it on and off as he pleases.  All of the April shows had (what we call) the weaker voice, especially the ballads and 'softer' passages.  To me those passages are unlistenable.  I'll reference November Rain from the Coachella feed again.  When you put that next to any of the Axl/Dc songs, the difference is cringeworthy.

If I had a ticket to a US show this summer (having been at Werchter) and he came out sounding like he did in April I'd be immensely dissapointed.

Either it's extremely painful, extremely bad for his voice in the long run, or he just doesn't want to do it / just doesn't give a fuck ...

again, if this was the case, where was the full on rasp during high impact performances like the vmas "round 1" jungle/maddy/pc mash up, the golden gods, and the afd dvd? why not turn the knob all the way up to acdc level for those key occasions if it's that easy? 

don't get me wrong, i pretty much always think he sounds impressive, but when he's more impressive than others, I don't think it's as simple as "i think i'll go full power mode today." if it was, you'd defintely have seen axldc level power at the vmas comeback thing at least. and the dvd.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 05:51:36 AM by rj seitz » Logged

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #1544 on: May 22, 2016, 07:16:07 AM »

I sort of think he can turn it on and off.  At least, in a way.

When he doesn't do it, I don't think it's because he's just being a dick.  Or doesn't care.

But it's rough on the throat.  So I think when ha abandons it, it's almost subconscious.  Like favoring an ankle that's swollen.

I just think, in that context, he's willing to walk on that ankle even though it hurts for these 12 shows.  He just can't do it for his whole tour.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1545 on: May 22, 2016, 08:06:14 AM »

Or, as a professional, he's using his voice the way he sees fit for each song.

Anyone who listens to the albums will notice why he's considered one of the greatest singers of all time. He's not limited to singing in one style at all times.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #1546 on: May 22, 2016, 08:08:49 AM »

Normally I would say that people are entitled to their opinions but you are just wrong.

We are card carrying, tinfoil hat wearing cult members according to haters and  clueless trolls like you.

Guess you just can't envision that there just might be positive and supportive, loyal fans on a forum dedicated to GNRs- totally alien concept, right?

Roll Eyes

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #1547 on: May 22, 2016, 08:12:02 AM »

Anyone who listens to the albums will notice why he's considered one of the greatest singers of all time. He's not limited to singing in one style at all times.

/jarmo

Definitely this ^^^

It is truly amazing the many styles and different tones and timbres he is able to sing in.

There are very valid reasons he is such a legendary front man and vocalist.

"Shut the fuck up."
Nikki_Sixx
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1548 on: May 22, 2016, 08:30:23 AM »

We are card carrying, tinfoil hat wearing cult members according to haters and  clueless trolls like you.

Guess you just can't envision that there just might be positive and supportive, loyal fans on a forum dedicated to GNRs- totally alien concept, right?

Roll Eyes

So being loyal means you have to agree with and support everything he does/says ?  Then yes, you're a card carrying, tinfoil hat wearing cult member.

[Axl] Arnhem '01 (cancelled) - Pukkelpop '02 - Graspop '06 - Nijmegen '06 (+ Izzy) - Paris '10 - Antwerp '10 - Lille '10 - Rotterdam '12 - Paris '12 - Graspop '12 [Axl/Dc] Werchter '16
Princess Leia
« Reply #1549 on: May 22, 2016, 08:33:28 AM »

Today's show is really fuckin early 7:45 P.M. (6:45 GMT)

https://twitter.com/acdc?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #1550 on: May 22, 2016, 08:35:41 AM »

Roll Eyes

So being loyal means you have to agree with and support everything he does/says ?  Then yes, you're a card carrying, tinfoil hat wearing cult member.

I have enjoyed what Axl has done over the years, long-term fan of his work and not afraid to admit that.

If you are not a fan, make negative little jabs and offer negative, unsolicited amateur advice about what he does, and you state your incorrect opinions as fact-...

Why are you on this fan forum?

"Shut the fuck up."
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #1551 on: May 22, 2016, 08:36:46 AM »

Thank you! Hope there is a stream for it  beer

"Shut the fuck up."
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #1552 on: May 22, 2016, 10:26:37 AM »

the city is full of fans, many thousands of people, the Metro is full in the direction of the show

The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #1553 on: May 22, 2016, 11:49:44 AM »

/jarmo

This is correct. 

I can't remember where I heard/saw it (somebody will show the quote, I sure), but doesn't Axl regret singing/recording YCBM in the style he does, as it has become one of the most challenging songs to do live in that particular way. And I'm guessing but he wants to do the songs in our record/tape/CD/or god damn fuckin' downloads justice and to a large degree some kind of semblance, in the way they were planned to sound...
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #1554 on: May 22, 2016, 12:29:24 PM »

the long and short of it is that AC/DC songs are a piece of cake for Axl. He is tailor made for the tracks and the lyrics. He only has to use one voice and the lyrics/vocals have space between them. He doesn't have to use, as David Fricke said in 1991, "his machine-gun mouth" and/or sing in 5 different voices like he does with Gnr. He can lock in and roll.

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
gunsbetterthanever
Rocker

« Reply #1555 on: May 22, 2016, 12:44:35 PM »

Hey Yeah!!!  Are ya ready?Huh

LOVE THAT BEGINNING IN THE RASP!

ROck or Bust and SHoot to thrill feel like New GNR songs as well as AC/DC for me cause I never heard them before.  And AXL;s voice is sick on them...

....Hey Yeah.....Are ya Ready?
gunsbetterthanever
Rocker

« Reply #1556 on: May 22, 2016, 12:46:48 PM »

http://www.laweekly.com/music/10-other-bands-axl-rose-should-sing-for-6945449

....Hey Yeah.....Are ya Ready?
GNRVahland
Rocker

All Quiet on the Western Front

« Reply #1557 on: May 22, 2016, 01:53:17 PM »

https://www.periscope.tv/danpumpa
https://www.periscope.tv/DvoracekPavel/

https://www.periscope.tv/DoctorW_/
https://www.periscope.tv/adamin020

https://www.facebook.com/adam.odstrcil.98

https://www.periscope.tv/Tatevika1

https://www.periscope.tv/colt_blond
https://www.periscope.tv/Koren20
« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 03:12:12 PM by GNRVahland » Logged
Zak Alexander
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1558 on: May 22, 2016, 02:39:34 PM »

With the exception of the last note, axl struggled a bit on thunderstruck tonight. Just seemed a little off. Gonna take him a while getting used to standing again!
hRob
Rocker

The Defender of the Opera

« Reply #1559 on: May 22, 2016, 02:53:59 PM »

Arrived late and I didn't hear anything special, thought he is singing as usual. And then came Thunderstruck...:-P

The crowd seems to enjoy themselves, no complaints about Axl.

13/6/2006 Prague, 27/9/2010 Prague, 13/7/2012 Pie?ťany, 4/7/2017 Prague
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 120 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: