Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 09:24:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl confirmed as new singer for AC/DC tour (June 1, 2016: US dates announced)
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 120 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl confirmed as new singer for AC/DC tour (June 1, 2016: US dates announced)  (Read 528341 times)
Nikki_Sixx
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1520 on: May 21, 2016, 08:18:19 AM »

Yeah, the boots of the second Las Vegas show and that first Coachella show have pretty good sound.

And Axl sounded solid.  If he sounds like that all tour, no worries.

Wouldn't you rather have him sing like he does with Ac/Dc ?  He's proven that he's still capable of doing it, so there's no excuse not to do it with GNR ...

I think that would be the best case scenario, sure.

I have listened to that 'Rock Or Bust' from the first night about 1000 times.  Amazing, since I find it a pretty pedestrian song, even by AC/DC standards.

But Axl sounds unreal.  Sounds like the Axl of 25 years ago.  The real Axl, as I would put it.  I would love if he could sound like that every night for GNR.

I was simply saying that hoping for that every night is like hoping that every round of golf you shoot will be 10 under par.  Might not be super realistic.

And if, instead, he simply sounds like he did on those first few GNR shows in April, that's still pretty damn good.  Just don't want him sounding like he did in 2011-14, which I think is the absolute lowest point in the valley of his live career.

I don't understand that point of view.  And I'm not picking a fight here.

He does it every night with Ac/Dc.  I saw him in Werchter.  There were a few short instances in some 'softer' passages of certain songs where Mickey came through a bit.  For the rest of the show he was full on '87/'93 style, and believe me it looked like it was effortless.  It's clearly a technique thing.  He can switch it on and off as he pleases.  All of the April shows had (what we call) the weaker voice, especially the ballads and 'softer' passages.  To me those passages are unlistenable.  I'll reference November Rain from the Coachella feed again.  When you put that next to any of the Axl/Dc songs, the difference is cringeworthy.

If I had a ticket to a US show this summer (having been at Werchter) and he came out sounding like he did in April I'd be immensely dissapointed.

Either it's extremely painful, extremely bad for his voice in the long run, or he just doesn't want to do it / just doesn't give a fuck ...
« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 11:21:18 AM by Nikki_Sixx » Logged

[Axl] Arnhem '01 (cancelled) - Pukkelpop '02 - Graspop '06 - Nijmegen '06 (+ Izzy) - Paris '10 - Antwerp '10 - Lille '10 - Rotterdam '12 - Paris '12 - Graspop '12 [Axl/Dc] Werchter '16
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1521 on: May 21, 2016, 08:26:21 AM »

just doesn't give a fuck ...

Even after all this time, some of you still believe in this myth. That's quite amazing really.

He broke his foot at the first show, shows went on as planned.
He went on tour with AC/DC, when some said he should stay at home to heal and rest his voice. Shows went on.

Yet, the "doesn't give a fuck" myth still lives on... Repeated by his fans.

Oh, "I'm not picking a fight" not trying to be "passive aggressive", just stating my opinion. Which I'm not allowed to do, apparently (yeah, poor me....  hihi ).  Tongue

As a side note, for a guy with a username taken form a member of Motley Crue, that's humor. Smiley Wink

/jarmo
« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 08:28:00 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Nikki_Sixx
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1522 on: May 21, 2016, 08:58:32 AM »

just doesn't give a fuck ...

Even after all this time, some of you still believe in this myth. That's quite amazing really.

He broke his foot at the first show, shows went on as planned.
He went on tour with AC/DC, when some said he should stay at home to heal and rest his voice. Shows went on.

Yet, the "doesn't give a fuck" myth still lives on... Repeated by his fans.

Oh, "I'm not picking a fight" not trying to be "passive aggressive", just stating my opinion. Which I'm not allowed to do, apparently (yeah, poor me....  hihi ).  Tongue

As a side note, for a guy with a username taken form a member of Motley Crue, that's humor. Smiley Wink

/jarmo

I thought I'd add 'not trying to pick a fight' just to avoid this kind of replies, but hey, seems like you can't win with you...

When I say 'not giving a fuck' I'm talking about his voice, not his fans. Ok ?

And trust me, you don't wanna hear my opinion on Vince and/or his voice ...

[Axl] Arnhem '01 (cancelled) - Pukkelpop '02 - Graspop '06 - Nijmegen '06 (+ Izzy) - Paris '10 - Antwerp '10 - Lille '10 - Rotterdam '12 - Paris '12 - Graspop '12 [Axl/Dc] Werchter '16
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1523 on: May 21, 2016, 09:05:58 AM »

I'm not fighting, I'm discussing.

I know what you were talking about.
What I meant is that I find it puzzling that some of his fans still think he doesn't give a fuck. And I gave you examples of why he does...

It's like these fans want to believe it, so they refuse to change their mind.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Nikki_Sixx
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1524 on: May 21, 2016, 09:23:17 AM »

What I meant is that I find it puzzling that some of his fans still think he doesn't give a fuck. And I gave you examples of why he does...

/jarmo

I want nothing more than to change my mind on how I feel about Axl Rose.  I welcome him to help me change my mind.  He hasn't been very helpful  Grin

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1525 on: May 21, 2016, 09:56:58 AM »

So nothing I said makes you think "maybe I'm wrong?".

All those things some people keep repeating about Axl. He's kinda proven all those wrong lately...

Hell, even some AC/DC fans are amazed by Axl singing those songs and they were pretty against it.
So if they can be "turned around" why are some GN'R fans more stubborn?  confused

/jarmo

Nikki_Sixx
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1526 on: May 21, 2016, 10:06:28 AM »

I was only talking about his voice !

I know he hasn't caused a riot or been seriously late for a few years now.  That's not so much of a topic for me anymore.

I remember at Graspop 2012 they started early  Grin and people in the crowd around me were pissed of !!!  Can't please everyone huh ?

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1527 on: May 21, 2016, 10:10:08 AM »

So what you're saying is that you believe he doesn't give a fuck about the actual show performance?

Like I said, I just don't understand why you'd think something like that. Sorry, not trying to pick a fight and/or offend any of you by posting my opinion.

/jarmo

Marion68
VIP

« Reply #1528 on: May 21, 2016, 10:24:07 AM »

beer
New show. D?sseldorf, june 15th
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1529 on: May 21, 2016, 10:34:05 AM »

/jarmo

I want nothing more than to change my mind on how I feel about Axl Rose.  I welcome him to help me change my mind.  He hasn't been very helpful  Grin

That's not on Axl. That's on you to change your own perception of him. I think Axl's voice has  been great!
Nikki_Sixx
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1530 on: May 21, 2016, 10:38:11 AM »

/jarmo

That's not on Axl. That's on you to change your own perception of him. I think Axl's voice has  been great!

That's great.  And that's ok.  It's called opinions.  Positive or negative, we can each state our personal opinion, without starting a riot.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1531 on: May 21, 2016, 10:44:00 AM »

I apologize for my low tolerance for bullshit.... Smiley
I know some are sensitive and don't like it. Oh well!

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #1532 on: May 21, 2016, 11:01:44 AM »

If I had a ticket to a US show this summer (having been at Werchter) and he came out sounding like he did in April I'd be immensely dissapointed.

Either it's extremely painful, extremely bad for his voice in the long run, or he just doesn't want to do it / just doesn't give a fuck ...

Well, I certainly would go as far as "immensely disappointed".

For starters, a lot of the appeal of this tour for me is hearing the guitars sound right again with Slash back in the fold.  Axl is always the focus, but the music is certainly still a big part.

But I think it's more than a fair question to ask why he can do it one spot and not another, if there is a real difference.

Also can't go as far as "don't give a fuck" with GNR.  That's harsh.  But I think its plausible to suggest that in a setting where it's not his band, not on his turf, and in front of far more skeptical fans that he'd get at a GNR show...he may push it a bit more with AC/DC.

We've also heard this style shreds his vocal chords.  But this is a 12 date, once in a lifetime gig for Axl.  For a short term job like that, maybe you just say "fuck it" and go all out.  Consequences be damned.

AC/DC fans that kept their tickets reap the benefits.  They are getting the best Axl in forever.  Good for them.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #1533 on: May 21, 2016, 11:05:12 AM »

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/215245-what-mr-and-mrs-young-had-to-say-about-axl/

Great read!  Grin

A fan from Vienna who met Angus and his wife. She disccused with them about Axl and the AC/DC future. Angus wife told Axl's camp to ask Axl to get rid of the hats and shades on stage  rofl They are very happy with Axl  love

Angus told this fan that they are focused in this tour. And after the tour is done they will discuss what they would in the future

Great read thanks for posting
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #1534 on: May 21, 2016, 11:53:07 AM »

should Angus get rid of his school boy cap? hihi

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #1535 on: May 21, 2016, 12:13:43 PM »

/jarmo

It has been mightily impressive!

Even most of the people on the AC/DC forum that were so opposed initially are now hoping Axl stays on!

They couldn't have gotten anyone better than who they picked   ok

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #1536 on: May 21, 2016, 12:15:55 PM »

/jarmo

That's great.  And that's ok.  It's called opinions.  Positive or negative, we can each state our personal opinion, without starting a riot.

And when your opinions and assumptions conflict with the actual truth about a situation- what then?

I have an extreme allergy to Bovine Offal.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 12:23:44 PM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
Princess Leia
« Reply #1537 on: May 21, 2016, 12:20:00 PM »

You better start watching the shows. In case you haven't noticed Angus doesn't wear the cap during the whole show. Still you're gonna have to ask AC/DC fans whether they like to see Angus wearing a school cap or not. I don't care one way or another about Angus cap. I care about Axl and he looks better without the hat

smoking

P.S. I'm glad you enjoy the reading  Baconman  Smiley
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #1538 on: May 21, 2016, 01:07:19 PM »

You better start watching the shows. In case you haven't noticed Angus doesn't wear the cap during the whole show. Still you're gonna have to ask AC/DC fans whether they like to see Angus wearing a school cap or not. I don't care one way or another about Angus cap. I care about Axl and he looks better without the hat

smoking

P.S. I'm glad you enjoy the reading  Baconman  Smiley

I think he looks more bad ass without the hats too ... But be careful somebody is going to call you gay real soon if you talk about a rock stars image. Unless ur a gal I don't know  hihi

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Annie
« Reply #1539 on: May 21, 2016, 01:12:03 PM »

Yeah, the boots of the second Las Vegas show and that first Coachella show have pretty good sound.

And Axl sounded solid.  If he sounds like that all tour, no worries.

Wouldn't you rather have him sing like he does with Ac/Dc ?  He's proven that he's still capable of doing it, so there's no excuse not to do it with GNR ...

I think that would be the best case scenario, sure.

I have listened to that 'Rock Or Bust' from the first night about 1000 times.  Amazing, since I find it a pretty pedestrian song, even by AC/DC standards.

But Axl sounds unreal.  Sounds like the Axl of 25 years ago.  The real Axl, as I would put it.  I would love if he could sound like that every night for GNR.

I was simply saying that hoping for that every night is like hoping that every round of golf you shoot will be 10 under par.  Might not be super realistic.

And if, instead, he simply sounds like he did on those first few GNR shows in April, that's still pretty damn good.  Just don't want him sounding like he did in 2011-14, which I think is the absolute lowest point in the valley of his live career.

I don't understand that point of view.  And I'm not picking a fight here.

He does it every night with Ac/Dc.  I saw him in Werchter.  There were a few short instances in some 'softer' passages of certain songs where Mickey came through a bit.  For the rest of the show he was full on '87/'93 style, and believe me it looked like it was effortless.  It's clearly a technique thing.  He can switch it on and off as he pleases.  All of the April shows had (what we call) the weaker voice, especially the ballads and 'softer' passages.  To me those passages are unlistenable.  I'll reference November Rain from the Coachella feed again.  When you put that next to any of the Axl/Dc songs, the difference is cringeworthy.

Normally I would say that people are entitled to their opinions but you are just wrong.
Cuz I ain't a hater like you so bow down.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 02:18:03 PM by Little EMO Annie » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 120 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: