Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 10:20:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228107 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl confirmed as new singer for AC/DC tour (June 1, 2016: US dates announced)
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 120 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl confirmed as new singer for AC/DC tour (June 1, 2016: US dates announced)  (Read 501515 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #2220 on: September 22, 2016, 12:47:21 PM »

I hope not. ACDC is so strong. They'll figure out a way to handle this situation.

Angus is ACDC and I think as long as He can do it He'll do!

But look what we went through for 15 years.  It's really a hard sell.

And if you head over the AC/DC forums, to say people aren't onboard is putting it mildly.

Trying to sell Angus and 4 randos as AC/DC will be a tough ask.  Where do they play?  I would think "up close and personal" type places.  Or, god forbid, opening for someone.

Shitty way to go out, really.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #2221 on: September 22, 2016, 01:17:04 PM »

I think it would be absolutely hilarious if Axl puts out an AC/DC album before getting around to dropping the next Guns record. The very definition of irony if you ask me, and not something I'd place outside the realm of possibilities.  And yes, I'd likely buy it the day it came out.  Tongue
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #2222 on: September 22, 2016, 01:19:22 PM »

I hope not. ACDC is so strong. They'll figure out a way to handle this situation.

And if you head over the AC/DC forums, to say people aren't onboard is putting it mildly.

Trying to sell Angus and 4 randos as AC/DC will be a tough ask.  Where do they play?  I would think "up close and personal" type places.  Or, god forbid, opening for someone.

AC/DC has been touring for years

There fans have nothing to complain about.  There were multiple chances to see this band play over multiple years

Angus can do really what ever he wants to do.    
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #2223 on: September 22, 2016, 01:21:15 PM »

I think it would be absolutely hilarious if Axl puts out an AC/DC album before getting around to dropping the next Guns record. The very definition of irony if you ask me, and not something I'd place outside the realm of possibilities.  And yes, I'd likely buy it the day it came out.  Tongue

It might be a lot easier to put out a ac/dc album  Especially if you are an employee of the band and the majority of the songs are written already.  Say 8 of 10 songs are written already, Axl brings in two.  Pop out an album, done
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #2224 on: September 22, 2016, 01:32:18 PM »

I would too. 

I think he sounds great on their stuff.  The Axl version of 'Rock Or Bust' at these shows blows Brian's studio version out of the water.

It's maybe not that crazy if Angus somehow has it all written and just needs Axl to "shut up and sing", to coin a phrase.

But if Axl is going to be involved in creating it, well, Angus is going to run into that same brick wall GNR fans have come to loathe.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
gunsbetterthanever
Rocker

« Reply #2225 on: September 22, 2016, 01:39:53 PM »

I would too. 

I think he sounds great on their stuff.  The Axl version of 'Rock Or Bust' at these shows blows Brian's studio version out of the water.

It's maybe not that crazy if Angus somehow has it all written and just needs Axl to "shut up and sing", to coin a phrase.

But if Axl is going to be involved in creating it, well, Angus is going to run into that same brick wall GNR fans have come to loathe.

While I understand Axl doesn't release new music, I loathe nothing about GNR!

....Hey Yeah.....Are ya Ready?
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #2226 on: September 22, 2016, 01:46:21 PM »

I would too. 

He said more than once that he enjoys Angus being his "boss".  If Axl really just needs to show up in the studio and record vocals, then this could actually materialize quicker than one might think.  For whatever reason, putting out a Guns record is infinitely more difficult for reasons we mere mortals could not possibly comprehend.  Wink

Personally, I think the name AXL/DC would actually sell the project well and add some legitimacy to it, but I don't see that happening.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 01:49:21 PM by sofine11 » Logged
hunter80
Headliner

« Reply #2227 on: September 22, 2016, 01:59:28 PM »

I would love to see an Axl and AC/DC album. I personally think it will happen. Axl is a guest and the pressure is reduced for him. Angus can and Co. can have a nice tight rock album out without an issue. It would be interesting to see if would be on Back In Black level but a solid album would do. It would sell very well too.

11/8/02, 11/10/06, 11/11/06, 11/2/11, 12/13/11, 12/16/11, 12/27/11, 2/21/12, 11/3/12, 11/17/12, 11/24/12, 5/24/14, 5/25/14, 5/30/14, 5/31/14, 6/7/14, 4/9/16, 8/15/16, 11/17/17
alcapone_dudu
Rocker

Black Frog

« Reply #2228 on: September 22, 2016, 03:13:08 PM »

I'm a fan of both bands and I don't see it that way. AC/DC still has a huge market to explore, IMO. They haven't toured properly with this current lineup (Axl). There's potential for a world tour.

Come on, this like the most Rock N' Roll thing one could ask for!!

Man, I'm just optimistic about this whole thing. This is history and I'm glad to see this happening.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #2229 on: September 22, 2016, 03:18:04 PM »

I'm a fan of both bands and I don't see it that way. AC/DC still has a huge market to explore, IMO. They haven't toured properly with this current lineup (Axl). There's potential for a world tour.

But this line-up are all cashing out though.  And who knows if Axl is going to do this again.

So what does Angus really have other than a name?  One of the most recognizable names in rock, I'll grant you.

But a lot of tickets sold for the Axl shows were sold when it was still "real" AC/DC.  So if Angus has to sell a new a totally new line-up from the jump, how does that go?  Now imagine doing it without Axl either.

Tough.

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #2230 on: September 22, 2016, 03:46:43 PM »

But this line-up are all cashing out though.  And who knows if Axl is going to do this again.

So what does Angus really have other than a name?  One of the most recognizable names in rock, I'll grant you.

But a lot of tickets sold for the Axl shows were sold when it was still "real" AC/DC.  So if Angus has to sell a new a totally new line-up from the jump, how does that go?  Now imagine doing it without Axl either.

Tough.

Hard to say, really. We're living in a time where these big name bands are more brand than band, as far as what they're selling.  I think Angus continuing to tour on a large-scale basis would likely depend on new, AC/DC sounding, music with Axl just to legitimize the whole thing.  Otherwise it's just the Angus show with Axl rose guesting on vocals, simply because of Brian's hearing issues.  You're correct that they haven't exactly "sold" any shows with an Axl-fronted AC/DC yet, so it would certainly be an experiment for them either way.

« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 03:48:45 PM by sofine11 » Logged
nalafej
Opening Act

« Reply #2231 on: September 22, 2016, 07:51:23 PM »

"I think Angus continuing to tour on a large-scale basis would likely depend on new, AC/DC sounding, music with Axl just to legitimize the whole thing."

I have to disagree. Nobody goes to an AC/DC show to hear the new stuff. The setlist had 2 songs off the latest album and 2 from any of the prior 7 albums!!! They can tour the hits until Angus drops.
raindog
Rocker

« Reply #2232 on: September 22, 2016, 08:20:29 PM »

They wouldn't even have to do new material. Pretty sure 'Axl sings AC/DCs Greatest Hits' would sell like hot cakes as long as Angus was backing him up.
SkeletorSerpent
Rocker

« Reply #2233 on: September 22, 2016, 09:02:37 PM »

Chris Jericho speaks very highly of Axl in AC/DC. I think his positive enthusiasm about Axl in AC/DC sums up the general consensus from the mainstream rock n roll world.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2X6kU1WvW8I
raindog
Rocker

« Reply #2234 on: September 22, 2016, 09:28:06 PM »

Chris Jericho speaks very highly of Axl in AC/DC. I think his positive enthusiasm about Axl in AC/DC sums up the general consensus from the mainstream rock n roll world.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2X6kU1WvW8I

Very cool Smiley Chris knows his stuff.

"Looks like a pirate" though?! WTF? Adam Ant looks like a pirate maybe. Axl? Not so much.  rofl
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #2235 on: September 22, 2016, 09:45:24 PM »

AC/DC
Back In Black in Detroit, MI ⚡️
What were your favourite moments of the #RockorBust world tour?
Photo by @rp_goldenfotos

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #2236 on: September 23, 2016, 06:02:53 AM »

Would like to see Tommy Stinson joining AC/DC

Why not?

btw. Tommy has a new Bash and Pop album coming out soon. ok

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #2237 on: September 23, 2016, 08:16:43 AM »

my friend just sent me an email about Tommy....should be killer and yes, Tommy would kill to be in AC/DC.

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #2238 on: September 23, 2016, 01:45:22 PM »

Brazilian journalist Jose Roberto Fleisch (who broke the news about the NITL Brazilian dates) said this week that AC/DC will keep on going with Angus and Axl. I'm sorry for the bad translation.

AC/DC will not be finished. You can put your tranquilizers down. But yes, it will be only Angus. He's gonna hire musicians to play with him and his cousin.

Source: https://twitter.com/jnflesch/status/778255756978188288

Axl also will be on AC/DC. And I don't know if, in the new phase, Axl won't put Guns on hold again, after the tour, to be dedicated to the "new" AC/DC.

Source: https://twitter.com/jnflesch/status/778256274446282754

Keep in mind that this last sentence about be dedicated to AC/DC is just his opinion.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #2239 on: September 23, 2016, 04:30:04 PM »

What were your favourite moments of the #RockorBust world tour?

I think :

Rock Or Bust
Shoot To Thrill
Back In Black
Thunderstruck
Hells Bells
Whole Lotta Rosie
Riff Raff

...were all excellent, every night.  Never heard a bad version.

Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 120 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: