Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 11:24:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl confirmed as new singer for AC/DC tour (June 1, 2016: US dates announced)
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 120 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl confirmed as new singer for AC/DC tour (June 1, 2016: US dates announced)  (Read 528375 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #1680 on: May 25, 2016, 05:11:33 PM »

I think Axl's true selling power - and I think it's huge - will be measured with the newly announced Germany date, since that will be a show that essentially is sold from the ground up.

Very much agreed.  Great point.

And you just can't wait for him to fail.

Hey, when you're right...you're right, Gypsy.  And you have certainly been en fuego here this afternoon.

While I have you, though.  Debating dinner options.  Not really sure what I'm thinking, but...I figure if anyone would, you're my girl.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #1681 on: May 25, 2016, 05:26:44 PM »

I don't know what "en fuego" means or why you deleted your original post.

You first said that these shows with Axl would not have sold out BEFORE people saw/heard what Axl brings to the table.  Now you "very much agree" with NaturalLight's post saying that the newly announced Germany show will be a test of Axl's true selling power since it's essentially being sold from the ground up.

All I'm saying is that the AC/DC fans have experienced these shows and, for the most part, are now TeamAxl along with the GNR fans that are now Axl/AC/DC fans.

Enjoy your dinner.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
gunsbetterthanever
Rocker

« Reply #1682 on: May 25, 2016, 05:28:41 PM »

The fact that people were given the chance to sell off there ac/dc tickets after the fact of Brian leaving and these shows still being sell outs is a huge plus for Axl

And I challenge ANYONE to call up clips of Brian singing live in 2015 and tell me, with a straight face, the people at these shows didn't get an upgrade.

I saw Brian with ac/dc this past Feb, in Vegas.   The show was good.  He was fine performing live, I thought and that may of been one of his last shows

I played Axl/DC for some AC/DC fans that had not heard and they agreed that Axl sounded like Axl.  I then played AC/DC 2015 with Brian and they heard Brian sounding weaker, however they said they still would rather see Brian Johnson.  I worked them hard, but they would not budge even though they appreciated Axl.  

I saw Billy Joel 2014 in NYC in march and Brian Johnson came out and sang the shit out of Shook Me...It was unreal how unique his voice was.  

....Hey Yeah.....Are ya Ready?
gunsbetterthanever
Rocker

« Reply #1683 on: May 25, 2016, 05:32:44 PM »

There were HUGE doubts about this before those clips.

So Axl definitely had a direct affect on these AC/DC shows being sold out before he sang one note with them.

I think Axl's true selling power - and I think it's huge - will be measured with the newly announced Germany date, since that will be a show that essentially is sold from the ground up.

This comeback by Axl is off the charts!!!!!!!   It's Rock or Bust! 

....Hey Yeah.....Are ya Ready?
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #1684 on: May 25, 2016, 05:34:39 PM »

I played Axl/DC for some AC/DC fans that had not heard and they agreed that Axl sounded like Axl.  I then played AC/DC 2015 with Brian and they heard Brian sounding weaker, however they said they still would rather see Brian Johnson.  I worked them hard, but they would not budge even though they appreciated Axl.  

I saw Billy Joel 2014 in NYC in march and Brian Johnson came out and sang the shit out of Shook Me...It was unreal how unique his voice was.  

I think everyone, including Axl, would agree that we wish the situation wasn't what it is and that Brian would be able to return to AC/DC.  Sadly that apparently won't happen.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #1685 on: May 25, 2016, 05:35:33 PM »

I don't know what "en fuego" means or why you deleted your original post.

You first said that these shows with Axl would not have sold out BEFORE people saw/heard what Axl brings to the table.  Now you "very much agree" with NaturalLight's post saying that the newly announced Germany show will be a test of Axl's true selling power since it's essentially being sold from the ground up.

It means "on fire".

But, actually, I was more saying I wasn't sure if it sells out from the jump with Axl.

It was an honest wondering.  Not everything is a nefarious dig.

(BTW, you were zero help with dinner.)

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1686 on: May 25, 2016, 05:49:48 PM »

(BTW, you were zero help with dinner.)

I'll help you: Spam

Edited to add: Or if you're more into Asian cuisine.... For Those About To Wok!

But, actually, I was more saying I wasn't sure if it sells out from the jump with Axl.

So if it sells out it's because AC/DC have loyal fans, if it doesn't it's because of Axl?  hihi

By the way, the latest Kerrang! (yeah, I browsed it) had a review of the AC/DC shows. they gave them KKKKK.

It ended with:
So, worry not, with the addition of Axl Rose, these gods of rock’n’roll have only added to their power, rather than subtract from it.AC/DC, we salute you – here’s to the UK shows!

/jarmo
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 06:03:43 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #1687 on: May 25, 2016, 05:51:39 PM »

Not everything is a nefarious dig.

So saying that AC/DC fans, who can listen to and appreciate Brian and his singing live from 2015, isn't a dig at them or Brian?

And saying that before these shows, Axl fronting AC/DC wouldn't have had the same selling power as Brian fronting AC/DC isn't a dig?

And saying I'm "en fuego" and asking me to pick out what you should have for dinner isn't a dig?

GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #1688 on: May 25, 2016, 06:00:07 PM »

D?sseldorf/Germany...got my ticket for the AXL/DC show  beer
CONGRATS!!!!  beer

Should be extra special being the last show of this leg of the tour!!!
Hoping they add a USA leg some time in the near future!!!

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #1689 on: May 25, 2016, 06:12:14 PM »

So saying that AC/DC fans, who can listen to and appreciate Brian and his singing live from 2015, isn't a dig at them or Brian?

And saying that before these shows, Axl fronting AC/DC wouldn't have had the same selling power as Brian fronting AC/DC isn't a dig?

And saying I'm "en fuego" and asking me to pick out what you should have for dinner isn't a dig?

No, that was an objective valuation that Brian singing 'Thunderstruck' in 2015 is not as good as Axl doing it this year.  Did not say word one about what Brian meant or does not mean to AC/DC fans.  That was your add on.

No, that was me asking a question.  Based on how the initial announcement of Axl went over.  You taking that as some shot is your misperception.  Which is fine, it happens.  But I should not have to then give it credence if it's nothing I ever said.

No, that was a joke to lighten the mood.  Which doesn't seem like it landed.  But, you live your life on the warpath, I guess that next fight is only a comment away.

Chillax.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #1690 on: May 25, 2016, 06:16:57 PM »

Hahahaha

See, Gypsy...my man here came with ideas.

GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #1691 on: May 25, 2016, 06:20:47 PM »

Hahahaha

But didn't you say that your man shouldn't be posting or giving his opinions on his own forum because he derails and disrupts the threads?  That wasn't a dig at admin either, right?

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #1692 on: May 25, 2016, 06:24:42 PM »

Hahahaha

But didn't you say that your man shouldn't be posting or giving his opinions on his own forum because he derails and disrupts the threads?  That wasn't a dig at admin either, right?

Good lord, Gypsy.

You must be a hoot and a half at a party.

Why is everything a fight with you?  Jarmo had a good line.  I respect all funny lines.

GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #1693 on: May 25, 2016, 06:30:36 PM »

Why is everything a fight with you? 

Not fighting.  Just pointing out how negative and contradictory most of your posts read IMO and why.

I just don't want to post "I disagree" without explaining why I disagree.

Poops Magee
Headliner

« Reply #1694 on: May 25, 2016, 06:48:07 PM »

And I challenge ANYONE to call up clips of Brian singing live in 2015 and tell me, with a straight face, the people at these shows didn't get an upgrade.

Maybe "upgrade" is throwing some people off. But certainly the AC/DC ticket buying fan got a great deal in terms of a replacement singer and the performance of the band as a whole. I read the comments on all these vids, and they tend to revolve around a sentiment of "didn't like Axl before, but he has won me over because he did right by AC/DC."

And just as some believe Axl has delivered one or two less-than-stellar performances over the years, as an AC/DC fan myself, it appears that Johnson may have lost a little off his fastball as time has gone on. This really appears to be the best outcome possible for an unfortunate situation.

Inland Invasion 09/23/06
Gibson Amphitheater 12/20/06
T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas, 2nd show, 04/09/16
Qualcomm Stadium, 8/22/16
axlvai
Rocker

« Reply #1695 on: May 25, 2016, 10:10:50 PM »

----- "On fire" = "En llamas" not "En fuego"-----

So... This AxlDC stuff can interrupt the main thing? Is GNR the main thing here?

axlvai
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #1696 on: May 25, 2016, 11:42:05 PM »

I don't think Axl/DC interrupted the main GNR thing. 

I think the break between the April shows and the stadium show dates was already set far enough in advance so Axl knew he would be available to offer his services to cover the number of shows AC/DC needed to do to complete their tour.

If anything, I would think that AC/DC worked their re-scheduled dates around GNR/Axl's schedule.

HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #1697 on: May 26, 2016, 12:34:54 AM »

bob scott? close but no cigar  Wink

N

hihi
To be fair the B is next to N on a keyboard, who hasn't made a tyop before  Wink

Sorry (Special Guest: BAZ)

beer

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1698 on: May 26, 2016, 06:50:33 AM »

#RockOrBust in Hamburg:
AC⚡️DC 20:30
TBSHAKEDOWN 19:15
Einlass um 17:00

https://twitter.com/acdc/status/735770967796912128

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #1699 on: May 26, 2016, 09:05:28 AM »

I don't think Axl/DC interrupted the main GNR thing. 

I think the break between the April shows and the stadium show dates was already set far enough in advance so Axl knew he would be available to offer his services to cover the number of shows AC/DC needed to do to complete their tour.

If anything, I would think that AC/DC worked their re-scheduled dates around GNR/Axl's schedule.

I think the timing just worked out for everyone
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 120 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: