Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 22, 2024, 09:45:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl confirmed as new singer for AC/DC tour (June 1, 2016: US dates announced)
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 120 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl confirmed as new singer for AC/DC tour (June 1, 2016: US dates announced)  (Read 500583 times)
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #160 on: March 28, 2016, 11:27:29 AM »

I think AC/DC even with a guest singer would make for a great opener on the tour, but I'd prefer Axl to rest and just do the GNR part

The AC/DC opening for GN'R part of the TMZ article, they got from that recent joke article lol.

That will never happen imo.

I know I read the article, but still it would make sense to have a heavy hitting opener for a stadium tour....would help sell tickets  peace

I was just laughing at the incompetence of the TMZ writer.  Wink

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #161 on: March 28, 2016, 11:29:09 AM »

I know I read the article, but still it would make sense to have a heavy hitting opener for a stadium tour....would help sell tickets  peace

If they are going to try and move 40,000 seats or more in each city, they damn well better have an opener with something of a name.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #162 on: March 28, 2016, 11:31:18 AM »

Thanks Spirit, always quick huh?

I take that TMZ only had the pictures and draw several conclusions by its own with some gossip tossed around. First off, Axl never announced anything regarding ACDC. Second, no way in hell he would be able to sing two sets back to back. It's just not possible to the way he sings.

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #163 on: March 28, 2016, 11:32:22 AM »

Second, no way in hell he would be able to sing two sets back to back. It's just not possible to the way he sings.

I think this is the most valid point.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Bazfreak
VIP

Wololoo

« Reply #164 on: March 28, 2016, 11:33:45 AM »

If they are going to try and move 40,000 seats or more in each city, they damn well better have an opener with something of a name.

This opener subject has been widely discussed but ACDC would never open up for GNR ...ACDC is huge.  Alice in chains, Avenged Sevenfold...these would make more sense to me...

14/apr/2010 @Apoteose Rio | 02/oct/2011 @Rock in Rio 2011 | 20/mar/2014 @HSBC Arena Rio | 12/nov/2016 @Alllianz Park S?o Paulo | 15/nov/2016 @Est?dio Engenh?o Rio | 23/sep/2017 @ Rock in Rio 2017
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #165 on: March 28, 2016, 11:35:11 AM »

Is there ONE thing in that article that's actually true?

I don't think Axl announced he was going to be AC/DC's lead singer.

I don't think it's been confirmed (or even rumored) that AC/DC is going to "open for GnR" ?? AND, that would be a tough night, singing 2 HUGE sets a night, never mind that I can't imagine a world where AC/DC OPENS for anyone.

Just because they both were at the studio, at roughly the same time (if they were) doesn't mean they were "rehearsing" together for a full tour (or anything else).

It wouldn't shock me if Axl was going to fill in for a show or two, or do a song or two for "something", but a whole tour running back to back full sets? No freaking way. I don't buy it.

In addition, the axl photo, TO ME, looks photoshopped.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 11:37:44 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #166 on: March 28, 2016, 11:38:05 AM »

This opener subject has been widely discussed but ACDC would never open up for GNR ...ACDC is huge.  Alice in chains, Avenged Sevenfold...these would make more sense to me...

Agreed all around.

And yes, that is the sort of name you'd need.  Someone that brings something of a decent fanbase to the box office on their own.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Bazfreak
VIP

Wololoo

« Reply #167 on: March 28, 2016, 11:38:30 AM »

Is there ONE thing in that article that's actually true?

I don't think Axl announced he was going to be AC/DC's lead singer.

I don't think it's been confirmed (or even rumored) that AC/DC is going to "open for GnR" ?? AND, that would be a tough night, singing 2 HUGE sets a night.

Just because they both were at the studio, at roughly the same time (if they were) doesn't mean they were "rehearsing" together.

It wouldn't shock me if Axl was going to fill in for a show or two, but a whole tour running back to back full sets? No freaking way. I don't buy it.

In addition, the axl photo, TO ME, looks photoshopped.

Why photoshopped? To make him look fatter?  hihi  

14/apr/2010 @Apoteose Rio | 02/oct/2011 @Rock in Rio 2011 | 20/mar/2014 @HSBC Arena Rio | 12/nov/2016 @Alllianz Park S?o Paulo | 15/nov/2016 @Est?dio Engenh?o Rio | 23/sep/2017 @ Rock in Rio 2017
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #168 on: March 28, 2016, 11:39:23 AM »

he looks badass in that photo, actually! smoking

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #169 on: March 28, 2016, 11:40:29 AM »

The edge bleed around the figure, the hinky body mechanics given the apparent slope, etc.

I think it might be a pic of axl (maybe)....I'm just not sure it was actually taken at THAT spot.  Maybe, but if it is, the paps who took it did a really crappy job of framing.  It doesn't look "right".

Together again,
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #170 on: March 28, 2016, 11:43:40 AM »

he looks badass in that photo, actually! smoking

Yeah, if that's how he's looking these days, I think it's a good thing.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #171 on: March 28, 2016, 11:46:07 AM »

I see that pic as more bulk from actually excercising.  That's encouraging.

As opposed to say, needing to keep your jacket buttoned at all times.  You know, for comfort.  When its like, 90 plus degrees on the stage.  Just a comfort thing, that move.

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #172 on: March 28, 2016, 11:46:26 AM »

Doesn't look photoshopped to me.

I do wish it was. Looks like Ashba still left something for his head. hihi

Bazfreak
VIP

Wololoo

« Reply #173 on: March 28, 2016, 11:46:53 AM »

The edge bleed around the figure, the hinky body mechanics given the apparent slope, etc.

I think it might be a pic of axl (maybe)....I'm just not sure it was actually taken at THAT spot.  Maybe, but if it is, the paps who took it did a really crappy job of framing.  It doesn't look "right".

That would be news forging then... could be judging the source (TMZ).

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #174 on: March 28, 2016, 11:54:04 AM »

It's not news forging if someone SOLD them the photos.  The original source could have done the shopping.

Or it might not be. It might just be a really poor photo in bad lighting that'd badly focused and they caught him in an odd body position.

I'm not saying it's FOR SURE shopped.  I'm saying it looks like it could be.

That would be news forging then... could be judging the source (TMZ).

Together again,
Bazfreak
VIP

Wololoo

« Reply #175 on: March 28, 2016, 11:55:43 AM »

A quick search on google reveals that the place of the picture (Avatar Events) is indeed a major rehearsing studio in Atlanta.  ok

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #176 on: March 28, 2016, 11:55:52 AM »

I am actually surprised TMZ hasn't camped out by GNR rehearsals.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #177 on: March 28, 2016, 11:59:54 AM »

Also, the corresponding pic with AC/DC is taken at a totally different time of day (if it's even the same day).  Note the differences in lighting, shadow, AND the fact there are vehicles in the AC/DC photo NOT in the Axl photo.  The AC DC photo is taken MUCH later in the day, and the light seems diffused (cloudy, maybe?).  The Axl photo is taken earlier in the day, and it's nice and sunny.

And maybe Axl was in town for something else and just stopped by to say "hi"? Tongue

Together again,
Boromir
VIP

« Reply #178 on: March 28, 2016, 12:01:09 PM »

Also, the corresponding pic with AC/DC is taken at a totally different time of day (if it's even the same day).  Not the differences in lighting, shadow, AND the fact there are vehicles in the AC/DC photo NOT in the Axl photo.

And maybe Axl was in town for something else and just stopped by to say "hi"? Tongue

Or maybe Axl or the other members left earlier...

Keep Calm and Listen to Guns N' Roses!
Bazfreak
VIP

Wololoo

« Reply #179 on: March 28, 2016, 12:03:27 PM »

Also, the corresponding pic with AC/DC is taken at a totally different time of day (if it's even the same day).  Not the differences in lighting, shadow, AND the fact there are vehicles in the AC/DC photo NOT in the Axl photo.

Or maybe Axl or the other members left earlier...

Yep...of course they would not leave the place together.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 120 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: