Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 06, 2024, 06:55:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228155 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl confirmed as new singer for AC/DC tour (June 1, 2016: US dates announced)
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 120 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl confirmed as new singer for AC/DC tour (June 1, 2016: US dates announced)  (Read 504199 times)
johnreed3344
Rocker

« Reply #1480 on: May 20, 2016, 07:43:32 AM »

I am totally convinced now that these shows will only HELP Axl's vocals for the GNR tour. what a fucking summer! Rock on Ax man

12/5/02
5/17/06
11/5/06
11/17/11
11/26/11
2/10/12
2/24/12
6/8/13
4/8/16
4/16/16
7/14/16
7/23/16
10/11/17
10/12/17
10/15/17
10/16/17
7/1/18
10/1/19
8/5/21
8/11/23
8/15/23 NE
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #1481 on: May 20, 2016, 09:03:50 AM »

I am totally convinced now that these shows will only HELP Axl's vocals for the GNR tour. what a fucking summer! Rock on Ax man

You know unless Brian makes a miraculous recovery....

How could Angus get anybody else to ever be his singer after this?

Nobody can touch the job Axl is doing...

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #1482 on: May 20, 2016, 09:12:19 AM »

Wow, great video of If You Want Blood from Vienna: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgZRddLBwvw

More great videos from the same user:

Shoot To Thrill - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyR4N444ruk
Dirty Deeds - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0tLkf4La-4
High Voltage - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nO0NDdkVDxQ
Whole Lotta Rosie - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhIzJb0kpcY

and from another uploader:

Rock or Bust - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlKFpYxkVsY

Looks like Axl was on his feet for most of the show.
Great stuff, thanks.

As for our guy... he silenced so many doubters last night. Was traveling with a bunch of AC/DC fans to the show and most of them were kinda sceptic & didn't know what to expect from Axl.

After the show though, one of them said "... I'll even dare to admit he sounds better than Brian on some of these", which is really cool when you think about it. hihi
Awesome. Smiley
I really thought that it would be common sense now that he's kicking ass. Weren't these people aware of the hype?

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #1483 on: May 20, 2016, 09:16:56 AM »

Wow, great video of If You Want Blood from Vienna: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgZRddLBwvw

More great videos from the same user:

Shoot To Thrill - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyR4N444ruk
Dirty Deeds - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0tLkf4La-4
High Voltage - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nO0NDdkVDxQ
Whole Lotta Rosie - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhIzJb0kpcY

and from another uploader:

Rock or Bust - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlKFpYxkVsY

Looks like Axl was on his feet for most of the show.
Great stuff, thanks.

As for our guy... he silenced so many doubters last night. Was traveling with a bunch of AC/DC fans to the show and most of them were kinda sceptic & didn't know what to expect from Axl.

After the show though, one of them said "... I'll even dare to admit he sounds better than Brian on some of these", which is really cool when you think about it. hihi
Awesome. Smiley
I really thought that it would be common sense now that he's kicking ass. Weren't these people aware of the hype?

I can't imagine how anybody if given a truth serum would say Axl is doing a bad job.... but there are people who just don't like him... and never will no matter what... and he's not ACDC's singer...

If they don't enjoy it... ah well...f em !

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Tongue-like-a-razor
Headliner

A sweet switch-blade knife...

« Reply #1484 on: May 20, 2016, 09:25:06 AM »

Quite positive review of the Vienna show (in German): http://derstandard.at/2000037326183/ACDC-in-Wien-Hoelle-Sexy-Rock-und-Roll
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #1485 on: May 20, 2016, 09:37:20 AM »

Well, you have to wonder how many people had even been paying attention to him lately.

And then, even if they had, things like "The Axl Rose Disaster" series of vids on YouTube sure weren't helping.

Yet I have already had 2 friends on FB post the 'Shoot To Thrill' from last night with glowing praise.  And all the comments are good too.

I jump in every one of those threads and tell people to go buy tickets for the GNR show in their area this summer.  These AXL/DC shows have been a great ad for them, I think.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #1486 on: May 20, 2016, 10:04:01 AM »

Well, you have to wonder how many people had even been paying attention to him lately.

And then, even if they had, things like "The Axl Rose Disaster" series of vids on YouTube sure weren't helping.

Yet I have already had 2 friends on FB post the 'Shoot To Thrill' from last night with glowing praise.  And all the comments are good too.

I jump in every one of those threads and tell people to go buy tickets for the GNR show in their area this summer.  These AXL/DC shows have been a great ad for them, I think.

Shoot to Thrill seems to me like a standout song for Axl each night.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #1487 on: May 20, 2016, 10:12:23 AM »

I think he sounds better on the Brian songs, because his own voice is closer to Brian's.

I think he sounds good on the Bon songs, but not as good.  I chalk that up to him trying to sound like Bon, almost.

For example, really haven't heard a strong version of 'Dirty Deeds' yet.  But 'Thunderstruck' and 'Back In Black' are great every night I've heard.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
aaronjcurtis
Headliner

« Reply #1488 on: May 20, 2016, 10:31:10 AM »

I am SO impressed with how good Axl sounds. Man! I was listening to AFD last night and hearing the same vocals as I'm hearing now with AC/DC. He must feel so encouraged with all this positive support and feedback. I know I would.

AC
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #1489 on: May 20, 2016, 10:57:10 AM »

If You Want Blood (You Got It) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgZRddLBwvw

Listen to some of those screams.  Awesome.

Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1490 on: May 20, 2016, 10:59:23 AM »

I think he sounds better on the Brian songs, because his own voice is closer to Brian's.

I think he sounds good on the Bon songs, but not as good.  I chalk that up to him trying to sound like Bon, almost.

For example, really haven't heard a strong version of 'Dirty Deeds' yet.  But 'Thunderstruck' and 'Back In Black' are great every night I've heard.

He sings * WHole lotta Rosie like Axl though. A lot of people say he sounds more like Bon on youtube. But I think he's in between the two, he's got Bon's sensibility and boyish playfulness along with Brian's ferocity and rasp. Plus, he's got more range, and there's more nuances to his voice. Which is why I think he's superior to both singers.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Zak Alexander
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1491 on: May 20, 2016, 11:20:39 AM »

My tickets came today! June 9th isn't too far away now. Can't wait to see this show, just hope I get super close the stage! Won't be able to periscope sadly as I don't have unlimited data, and connecting a wifi will be horrendous, especially with me being on the o2 network! I'll take a couple of good videos though. Feel free to give me requests..
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1492 on: May 20, 2016, 12:27:10 PM »

I am SO impressed with how good Axl sounds. Man! I was listening to AFD last night and hearing the same vocals as I'm hearing now with AC/DC. He must feel so encouraged with all this positive support and feedback. I know I would.

AC

You thinks it's because he uses his rasp and screams more for ACDC?  Because when he screams and goes with his rasp in GNR, I think he sounds good.  It's just that he doesn't always use this style/voice in GNR. He goes clearer and higher at times in GNR, which ACDC songs don't call for.  I will honestly say that I believe he sounds better throughout an entire ACDC set then he does with GUNS. 

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
aaronjcurtis
Headliner

« Reply #1493 on: May 20, 2016, 12:38:49 PM »

AC

You thinks it's because he uses his rasp and screams more for ACDC?  Because when he screams and goes with his rasp in GNR, I think he sounds good.  It's just that he doesn't always use this style/voice in GNR. He goes clearer and higher at times in GNR, which ACDC songs don't call for.  I will honestly say that I believe he sounds better throughout an entire ACDC set then he does with GUNS. 

I think that's what it is, but not 100% sure. I don't have any really good clips of the recent GN'R shows, so can't really compare. I'm comparing to shows post 1993 and before 2016. I personally prefer the edgy raspy stuff and haven't been a huge fan of the clearer/higher stuff. Can't wait to hear him at the upcoming GN'R shows.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #1494 on: May 20, 2016, 12:59:19 PM »

"Better" is always tough because anyone that gets defensive enough, yet willing to talk about it rather than just deleting your post, can always play the subjectivity card.  And you can't really refute that.

But what I think is pretty hard to refute is the fact that he is pretty clearly more consistent with AC/DC than with GNR.  That could be explained, in part, by the somewhat lack of diversity in AC/DC material.  But whatever the reason, he sounds more solid, top to bottom, in these shows than he has with GNR the past few years.

GNRVahland
Rocker

All Quiet on the Western Front

« Reply #1495 on: May 20, 2016, 01:32:22 PM »

Extra ACDC-show in D?sseldorf Germany added

&referer_info=TA-TGS-EV-20160520-133254928654]http://www.eventim.de/tickets.html?affiliate=eta&doc=artistPages%2Foverview&fun=artist&kuid=10&action=overview&xtor=EPR-1014-[Premailing_2016]&referer_info=TA-TGS-EV-20160520-133254928654

June 15th....one week before the first GNR show  peace
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #1496 on: May 20, 2016, 01:50:04 PM »

WOW

That's awesome though.

Boromir
VIP

« Reply #1497 on: May 20, 2016, 02:27:48 PM »

Its with Axl right?? Important question Grin

Keep Calm and Listen to Guns N' Roses!
gnr-4-ever
VIP

Personal Text:

« Reply #1498 on: May 20, 2016, 02:30:35 PM »

Awesome. Smiley

You'd think so, but no. Some people are skeptic until they hear/see it with their own two eyes. And who can blame them? They've been brainwashed for years by certain media outlets and not many of these fans are diehards to have an interest in finding out what the real truth is, they just roll with what they read.

There's no better way to shut them up than with performances like these though.  ok

24/09/2010
17/07/2012
26/06/2015 🎩
19/05/2016 ⚡
04/07/2017
10/07/2017 🎤
03/06/2018
10/02/2019 🎩
19/07/2023
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #1499 on: May 20, 2016, 02:36:22 PM »

You'd think so, but no. Some people are skeptic until they hear/see it with their own two eyes. And who can blame them? They've been brainwashed for years by certain media outlets and not many of these fans are diehards to have an interest in finding out what the real truth is, they just roll with what they read.

There's no better way to shut them up than with performances like these though.  ok

Well, now, maybe.  But these people had to go on faith, even before he did the few shows with GNR.

I don't think its unfair to allow them some doubt.  After all, they are AC/DC superfans.  Not GNR superfans, like us.

Reverse the roles.  We lose Axl, and Brian is going to fill in.  To an AC/DC fan...what the fucking problem?  To us...we might need some convincing.

I do think the people that took the refund, if asked in a private moment, would admit after seeing these clips that they made a bad call.

Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 120 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: