Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 01:11:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228144 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl confirmed as new singer for AC/DC tour (June 1, 2016: US dates announced)
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 120 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl confirmed as new singer for AC/DC tour (June 1, 2016: US dates announced)  (Read 502690 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1420 on: May 17, 2016, 03:54:25 PM »

Another one of your favorite Dead Horse topics. "I need to be allowed to watch Youtube to review if a show was good or not"...

Stop already.

Edited to add: The selective remark is just about the fact that it seems to bother you that here people with their constant need to post something negative don't get the same kind of free pass they seem to expect. So yeah, sorry about that. Something positive said on a fan site about the band doesn't get treated the same way as your negative posts. You just gotta learn to live with it....

/jarmo

« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 04:09:24 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Whigged
Opening Act

« Reply #1421 on: May 17, 2016, 03:55:20 PM »

Problem is, people have such differing opinions. What may sound awful to you, others may find tolerable at the very least. Just go by these latest AC/DC shows, the overwhelming majority here thinks he sounds awesome. But if you go on Twitter or elsewhere there are a good number of people that think he sounds horrible. So it might not be selective bullshit as you describe it, simply differing opinions albeit with a possible agenda.

But I ask you, quite simply, this question.

Can you EVER recall a video posted here where a bunch of people are in agreement that he's killing it....and in comes someone to tell them to relax on that, because Youtube is unreliable?  Have you ever seen it happen, ever?

I never have.  Not one time.  Not ever.

But a clip goes up where he's dodgy?  Well, suddenly Youtube is the tool of the devil.  It might as well be 2 tin cans and a wire.  PAY NO ATTENTION TO THAT MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!! 

Its supposed unreliability is only present then a situation has to be spun.  When its pretty much agreed he sounds good, well, suddenly, its reliable.

THAT is why I call it selective bullshit.

Yeah, but that "selective bullshit" as you call it boils down to "opinion" for the most part. I sometimes have conversations with people about shows and am absolutely convinced we were at different gigs on different planets. Somewhat similar with YouTube...but yeah, if someone if blatantly out of tune, falls down, is hearing boos, then it's obvious. But when it sounds "good" to one person, another may just not be hearing the same thing.

Frustrating for sure.
Factory Girl
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1422 on: May 17, 2016, 04:09:52 PM »

Here's my recording, first time taper, inferior to Thierry's amazing recording, take it for what it is !

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?returnto=%2Faccount-cp.php&id=561628

Where's this Thierry's recording?
Thanks a lot for doing this Nikki Sixx. I'll check it out.
Princess Leia
« Reply #1423 on: May 17, 2016, 04:24:23 PM »

They don't seem to know not a single song. They just walk around. They  barely jump or cheer. Compare to what we've seen in previous shows this one looks like a funeral

You're aware that it's a Monday evening show in Belgium right?
Just saying that the weekday and/or weather might affect how people react at a show...

/jarmo

The show in Spain was on Tuesday. I don't buy the weekday excuse

Christ - relax!! First off all, you cannot judge by Periscope, YouTube or cellphones how a band, a singer or a crowd sounds. You cannot gauge a reaction when you are not there - it's that simple! All you're getting is a tiny microcosm of what is happening. Are people wandering, milling about? Among the thousands and thousands and thousands there? Yep, probably. If you're expecting a massive mosh pit to form or people to be jumping up and down in unison, you're looking in the wrong place. This isn't the early to mid-80s when that was AC/DC's crowd, nor is it the late 80s to early 90s when that was the GNR crowd. If you think that's what should be happening though, it's going to be a long summer of bitching and complaining about how, "[insert North American city name here] doesn't even deserve to see Guns play - they are standing around like zombies!!"

Looking at your post you don't exactly sound like a Yoga teacher. Before telling someone to relax, you better start with yourself. Don't give me that bullshit that we can't judge watching a video.

I didn't see you complaining about videos/periscope during previous shows. If you wanna make the case against videos then bring that up also when we say the the crowd is great

I didn't say a thing one way or another - because you CAN'T judge by watching a video. 60,000 people just milling about because of what you saw online from how many thousands of miles away? Just sick of people thinking they can review a show realistically via periscope. Can you get an IDEA of how Axl is sounding? Of course! But you cannot judge a show without being there. I've personally had friends attending these shows saying that the audience has been bonkers, and that like every single show in a stadium or arena setting, there are some areas more rowdy than others and some more chill than others.

It's just ridiculous the amount of vitriol you're spewing toward fans of AC/DC and saying they don't deserve to see the almighty Axl. Come on. At the end of the day, it's a rock concert that people paid their hard earned money to go see. That gives them the right to respond in any way they chose, not the way YOU think they should.

They have the right to respond the way they want and I have the right to say it was  a lame ass respond. But again, you have a problem with YouTube and periscope when people  don't give a favorable review about something. Yet you don't say a word against YouTube or periscope when people say things were great. It is called doble standard. If you don't think someone can't make an accurate review just by watching YouTube just say it all time and not ONLY when you see something negative.

It's not ridiculous what I'm saying. Look in the thread because other people besides me have said the crowd was pretty lame. And it pissed me off that Axl is singing his ass off and for the most part the crowd was really pathetic. I can say that 100 time whether you like it or not.
The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #1424 on: May 17, 2016, 04:47:34 PM »

I always chuckle that those bashers always says that Axl sounds shit, when its obvious that the recording is shit, as the instrumentation sound shit also.... Roll Eyes
Nikki_Sixx
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1425 on: May 17, 2016, 04:48:46 PM »

Here's my recording, first time taper, inferior to Thierry's amazing recording, take it for what it is !

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?returnto=%2Faccount-cp.php&id=561628

It's also on Dime, do a search on 'acdc' .

[Axl] Arnhem '01 (cancelled) - Pukkelpop '02 - Graspop '06 - Nijmegen '06 (+ Izzy) - Paris '10 - Antwerp '10 - Lille '10 - Rotterdam '12 - Paris '12 - Graspop '12 [Axl/Dc] Werchter '16
Factory Girl
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1426 on: May 17, 2016, 06:18:03 PM »

It's also on Dime, do a search on 'acdc' .

Thanks!
Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #1427 on: May 17, 2016, 06:25:31 PM »

Where do i click to DL in dimeadozen? cant find the button Sad
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #1428 on: May 17, 2016, 07:04:12 PM »

Thanks for doing this for us!!!  ok

The fact that there were several people in the audience filming this for us and all those who streamed it live via periscope for us desk-jockeys is proof positive that the crowd was AWESOME!!!!

Having three, four, five, etc. of a 10 to 50,000 people crowd filming this for the fans around the world who can't be there makes them part of that AWESOME crowd.

Having tens of thousands of people who didn't return their tickets for refunds makes them part of that AWESOME crowd.

Having thousands of people there who bought those returned tickets makes them part of that AWESOME crowd.

Having tens of thousands of people stay until the very last note was played makes them part of that AWESOME crowd.

They were there.  We were not.  Good for them!!! Good to be them!!!

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1429 on: May 17, 2016, 08:06:04 PM »

The fact that there were several people in the audience filming this for us and all those who streamed it live via periscope for us desk-jockeys is proof positive that the crowd was AWESOME!!!!

Having three, four, five, etc. of a 10 to 50,000 people crowd filming this for the fans around the world who can't be there makes them part of that AWESOME crowd.

Having tens of thousands of people who didn't return their tickets for refunds makes them part of that AWESOME crowd.

Having thousands of people there who bought those returned tickets makes them part of that AWESOME crowd.

Having tens of thousands of people stay until the very last note was played makes them part of that AWESOME crowd.

I definitely agree with this! You have to look at it this way that they are using their own money to film  the concert and put it up on a website. Data isn't cheap. Enjoy what the crowd is giving us. I know when I attend the GNR show at MetLife on July 23rd, I'm not going to be wasting my time nor money recording and putting  it up on a website. I'll be enjoying the moment of watching  Axl, Slash, and Duff together again!
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #1430 on: May 17, 2016, 08:21:14 PM »

I definitely agree with this! You have to look at it this way that they are using their own money to film  the concert and put it up on a website. Data isn't cheap. Enjoy what the crowd is giving us. I know when I attend the GNR show at MetLife on July 23rd, I'm not going to be wasting my time nor money recording and putting  it up on a website. I'll be enjoying the moment of watching  Axl, Slash, and Duff together again!

But it's even beyond them filming it for those of us who couldn't be there.

It's about them being there. 

It's about about Axl and Angus and the rest of the band feeding off the crowd's energy. 

The band gave 100% for two hours to the very last note.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Whigged
Opening Act

« Reply #1431 on: May 17, 2016, 11:36:44 PM »

They don't seem to know not a single song. They just walk around. They  barely jump or cheer. Compare to what we've seen in previous shows this one looks like a funeral

You're aware that it's a Monday evening show in Belgium right?
Just saying that the weekday and/or weather might affect how people react at a show...

/jarmo

The show in Spain was on Tuesday. I don't buy the weekday excuse

Christ - relax!! First off all, you cannot judge by Periscope, YouTube or cellphones how a band, a singer or a crowd sounds. You cannot gauge a reaction when you are not there - it's that simple! All you're getting is a tiny microcosm of what is happening. Are people wandering, milling about? Among the thousands and thousands and thousands there? Yep, probably. If you're expecting a massive mosh pit to form or people to be jumping up and down in unison, you're looking in the wrong place. This isn't the early to mid-80s when that was AC/DC's crowd, nor is it the late 80s to early 90s when that was the GNR crowd. If you think that's what should be happening though, it's going to be a long summer of bitching and complaining about how, "[insert North American city name here] doesn't even deserve to see Guns play - they are standing around like zombies!!"

Looking at your post you don't exactly sound like a Yoga teacher. Before telling someone to relax, you better start with yourself. Don't give me that bullshit that we can't judge watching a video.

I didn't see you complaining about videos/periscope during previous shows. If you wanna make the case against videos then bring that up also when we say the the crowd is great

I didn't say a thing one way or another - because you CAN'T judge by watching a video. 60,000 people just milling about because of what you saw online from how many thousands of miles away? Just sick of people thinking they can review a show realistically via periscope. Can you get an IDEA of how Axl is sounding? Of course! But you cannot judge a show without being there. I've personally had friends attending these shows saying that the audience has been bonkers, and that like every single show in a stadium or arena setting, there are some areas more rowdy than others and some more chill than others.

It's just ridiculous the amount of vitriol you're spewing toward fans of AC/DC and saying they don't deserve to see the almighty Axl. Come on. At the end of the day, it's a rock concert that people paid their hard earned money to go see. That gives them the right to respond in any way they chose, not the way YOU think they should.

They have the right to respond the way they want and I have the right to say it was  a lame ass respond. But again, you have a problem with YouTube and periscope when people  don't give a favorable review about something. Yet you don't say a word against YouTube or periscope when people say things were great. It is called doble standard. If you don't think someone can't make an accurate review just by watching YouTube just say it all time and not ONLY when you see something negative.

It's not ridiculous what I'm saying. Look in the thread because other people besides me have said the crowd was pretty lame. And it pissed me off that Axl is singing his ass off and for the most part the crowd was really pathetic. I can say that 100 time whether you like it or not.

It's NOT a double standard. I'm not saying you can't get somewhat of an indication of how a show is, but you don't get the full deal - bottom line. If you argue with that, you're (in general) a fool. The reason I haven't commented on the positivity is, I don't know, maybe because that's not as bothersome as someone making negative posts over and over and over and over again saying how lame a crowd is that they aren't even there to see. That goes for anyone, but yours creased me because you just won't let up. It's tired. We get it. You thought the crowd was lame. So yeah, say it 100 times - it's an open board, but realise we fucking get your point!

I also wonder if you're the drunk chick/guy at a show behind me that is hyper-concerned about what everyone else is doing at a show and not worrying about their own concert experience. I dunno.
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #1432 on: May 17, 2016, 11:41:06 PM »

yeah everything is awesome. just sooooo much awesomeness to spread around.  yes

gnr-4-ever
VIP

Personal Text:

« Reply #1433 on: May 18, 2016, 01:57:28 AM »

http://www.torrentfunk.com/torrent/12903238/acdc,-festival-weide-werchter-05-16.html

^ Not sure if posted here already, but this is by far the best recording from AXL/DC so far. Almost soundboard.

24/09/2010
17/07/2012
26/06/2015 🎩
19/05/2016 ⚡
04/07/2017
10/07/2017 🎤
03/06/2018
10/02/2019 🎩
19/07/2023
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #1434 on: May 18, 2016, 02:23:24 AM »

http://www.torrentfunk.com/torrent/12903238/acdc,-festival-weide-werchter-05-16.html

^ Not sure if posted here already, but this is by far the best recording from AXL/DC so far. Almost soundboard.

AMAZING !!! Thanks  love

I Seed People

smoking

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Nikki_Sixx
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1435 on: May 18, 2016, 02:45:46 AM »

That's just a repost of Thierry's recording, which was on Dime on the night of the concert :

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=561567

It's indeed the best available recording, but it's an audience recording, nowhere near soundboard.

[Axl] Arnhem '01 (cancelled) - Pukkelpop '02 - Graspop '06 - Nijmegen '06 (+ Izzy) - Paris '10 - Antwerp '10 - Lille '10 - Rotterdam '12 - Paris '12 - Graspop '12 [Axl/Dc] Werchter '16
Koskenkorvasieni
Rocker

Guns N' Finland

« Reply #1436 on: May 18, 2016, 04:33:35 AM »

Have these been posted yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7vo6KzlRl4 Rock Or Bust / Shoot To Thrill @ Werchter
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnYJqlCctqk Rock N' Roll Damnation /  Thunderstruck @ Werchter
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_UV1fOi04s If You Want Blood / Sin City @ Werchter
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eo182fmu1X4 Whole Lotta Rosie / Let There Be Rock @ Werchter (Including Angus' solo)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCKQhw8so30 Highway To Hell @ Werchter (Axl on his feet)

Damn good quality videos and a DAMN good soundin' Axl!  Cool ok beer

So Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always thriumph, because good is dumb.
GNRVahland
Rocker

All Quiet on the Western Front

« Reply #1437 on: May 18, 2016, 07:07:42 AM »

Congratz with your first recording.
Just downloaded it and listening right now  ok   ok  ok

I also did read on Dime how you did it: you've been really busy and it is worth it for sure.
Keep up the good work and have fun at the Bryan Adams gig  beer
« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 07:23:24 AM by GNRVahland » Logged
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #1438 on: May 18, 2016, 07:41:29 AM »

I'm not going to argue either way, but I want to point out one thing:

It's not a double standard.

Crowd sourced recorded audio and video is generally considered to be "less" than live quality.  No matter what. It is.

So, if it sounds great...it could only sound better live.  Thus, no objections.

If it sounds terrible, it likely sounded better live.  How much better is debatable, for sure.  But there's no arguing it's better.  Because there are SO many variables in a recording that effect quality.  You see it show to show, stream to stream, across multiple tapers at THE SAME SHOW.  One source sounds substandard, another good, and a third sounds awesome. 

Which is why it's not a double standard.  You don't object to the first because it's not going to have sounded WORSE live.  That's not the limitation of crowd sourced recorded audio.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #1439 on: May 18, 2016, 09:30:18 AM »

All I know is that after each AXL/DC show, I scour YouTube to see if I can get a better copy of any song I already have from the previous shows.

And in less that 2 weeks time, I have already listened to all of them more than I ever did my 'Appetite For Democracy' concert.

Why should this be?  The DVD has every advantage.  Better source (official release versus YouTube).  Preferred setlist (GNR tunes vs. AC/DC tunes).

Both feature my favorite singer.  But in one batch of recordings he sounds amazing, and on the other batch he sounds like hot fucking garbage.  That's the deciding factor, ultimately.

The only way the YouTube judgments are not a double standard is if you literally never take a stand either way.  In addition to not exactly being a profile in courage, its the only way you can claim you don't favor one judgment on the sound over another. 

The second you wade in with an opinion though, credibility is only possible if you are willing to call it both ways.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 120 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: