Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 01:09:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228144 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl confirmed as new singer for AC/DC tour (June 1, 2016: US dates announced)
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 120 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl confirmed as new singer for AC/DC tour (June 1, 2016: US dates announced)  (Read 502688 times)
Cocaine__tongue
Axl's lawyer wannabe
Rocker

HAPPY HAPPY

« Reply #1400 on: May 16, 2016, 06:17:39 PM »

https://youtu.be/o5eI3L92SWY

Axl singing highway to hell and on his feet 🙌🏻 🚶🏼. Amazing voice!
« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 06:19:56 PM by Cocaine__tongue » Logged

Madrid '93
Madrid '06
Bilbao '06
San Sebastian '10
London 17
Download Madrid 18
doooodickiebr
VIP

Police and niggaz...get outta my way!

« Reply #1401 on: May 16, 2016, 06:45:52 PM »

Crowd looks into the show there! Good to see our favorite singer mobile again.

Baton Rouge, LA 1992
New Orleans, LA 1992
Biloxi, MS  2002 Cancelled!!!!
Kansas City, MO 2011
New Orleans, LA 2016
Houston, TX 2016
New Orleans, LA 2019
Biloxi, MS 2023
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #1402 on: May 16, 2016, 06:50:26 PM »

One step at a time... literally.

He still sounds great standing up.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Whigged
Opening Act

« Reply #1403 on: May 16, 2016, 07:03:34 PM »

They don't seem to know not a single song. They just walk around. They  barely jump or cheer. Compare to what we've seen in previous shows this one looks like a funeral

You're aware that it's a Monday evening show in Belgium right?
Just saying that the weekday and/or weather might affect how people react at a show...

/jarmo

The show in Spain was on Tuesday. I don't buy the weekday excuse

Christ - relax!! First off all, you cannot judge by Periscope, YouTube or cellphones how a band, a singer or a crowd sounds. You cannot gauge a reaction when you are not there - it's that simple! All you're getting is a tiny microcosm of what is happening. Are people wandering, milling about? Among the thousands and thousands and thousands there? Yep, probably. If you're expecting a massive mosh pit to form or people to be jumping up and down in unison, you're looking in the wrong place. This isn't the early to mid-80s when that was AC/DC's crowd, nor is it the late 80s to early 90s when that was the GNR crowd. If you think that's what should be happening though, it's going to be a long summer of bitching and complaining about how, "[insert North American city name here] doesn't even deserve to see Guns play - they are standing around like zombies!!"
firecracker69
Opening Act

« Reply #1404 on: May 17, 2016, 12:30:33 AM »

I thought he sounded amazing again. I can't really say to much about the crowd. I'ts hard to tell with some of the videos I have seen. Some showed a amped crowd other angles showed differently. Either way he rocked the show The video I seen when he stood up and sang they seemed to really enjoy it.

Thanks to all who posted videos and pictures of the show.
GNRVahland
Rocker

All Quiet on the Western Front

« Reply #1405 on: May 17, 2016, 01:47:51 AM »

Just left the site. I taped the whole thing. Check Dime tomorrow.

That's really fast...if you are Thierry at Dime. Merci beaucoup !
If you are not then we will even get a second one  beer
Nikki_Sixx
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1406 on: May 17, 2016, 02:04:16 AM »

I think Thierry is Dutch, he tapes a lot of Bon Jovi shows, his recording will probably sound better than mine.

I'm a first time taper, so we'll have two recordings.

[Axl] Arnhem '01 (cancelled) - Pukkelpop '02 - Graspop '06 - Nijmegen '06 (+ Izzy) - Paris '10 - Antwerp '10 - Lille '10 - Rotterdam '12 - Paris '12 - Graspop '12 [Axl/Dc] Werchter '16
Princess Leia
« Reply #1407 on: May 17, 2016, 02:16:20 AM »

They don't seem to know not a single song. They just walk around. They  barely jump or cheer. Compare to what we've seen in previous shows this one looks like a funeral

Just saying that the weekday and/or weather might affect how people react at a show...

/jarmo

Christ - relax!! First off all, you cannot judge by Periscope, YouTube or cellphones how a band, a singer or a crowd sounds. You cannot gauge a reaction when you are not there - it's that simple! All you're getting is a tiny microcosm of what is happening. Are people wandering, milling about? Among the thousands and thousands and thousands there? Yep, probably. If you're expecting a massive mosh pit to form or people to be jumping up and down in unison, you're looking in the wrong place. This isn't the early to mid-80s when that was AC/DC's crowd, nor is it the late 80s to early 90s when that was the GNR crowd. If you think that's what should be happening though, it's going to be a long summer of bitching and complaining about how, "[insert North American city name here] doesn't even deserve to see Guns play - they are standing around like zombies!!"

Looking at your post you don't exactly sound like a Yoga teacher. Before telling someone to relax, you better start with yourself. Don't give me that bullshit that we can't judge watching a video.

I didn't see you complaining about videos/periscope during previous shows. If you wanna make the case against videos then bring that up also when we say the the crowd is great
GNRVahland
Rocker

All Quiet on the Western Front

« Reply #1408 on: May 17, 2016, 02:46:32 AM »

I think Thierry is Dutch, he tapes a lot of Bon Jovi shows, his recording will probably sound better than mine.

I'm a first time taper, so we'll have two recordings.

I couldn't see your nationality...but anyway... We will haVe two ! That's great !!
Firts time taper or not....Thanks a lot in advance. Gonna check yours for sure.

I hope you enjoyed the show.  Seems to me that taking time to tape it might distract you therefore THANKS AGAIN  beer
Z?phyr
VIP

« Reply #1409 on: May 17, 2016, 03:45:39 AM »

Axl sung his ass off yesterday, stunning performance, I'm really proud of the man!
As for the crowd, well we do have a lame crowd in Belgium, rarely seen anything else...

"It Ain't Rocket Science"
The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1410 on: May 17, 2016, 07:47:07 AM »

Saw many many Guns fans yesterday, which was awesome.
Very good concert and Axl was fucking great!  peace beer

There is a difference between the opinion of the majority and the thruth...
MrMojoRa
VIP

iiii]; )'

« Reply #1411 on: May 17, 2016, 10:20:54 AM »

I may need to be put on the Axl-payroll. I plug away with a barrage of pro-Axl comments during Axl/DC Periscope broadcasts.

Cool

8-13-88 (Pine Knob, Clarkson, Mi); 6-11-91 (Hershey, Pa); 12-16-91 & 12-17-91 (Philly); 12-06-02 (Philly Riot); 5-12-06 (Hammerstein, NY); 10-10-06 (MSG, NY); 11-26-11 (Camden, NJ); 7-14-16 (Philly)
Nikki_Sixx
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1412 on: May 17, 2016, 10:37:58 AM »

Saw many many Guns fans yesterday, which was awesome.
Very good concert and Axl was fucking great!  peace beer

Really ?  I didn't see any.  I thought I was the only one with a GNR shirt.  I was wearing this one  Grin :

[Axl] Arnhem '01 (cancelled) - Pukkelpop '02 - Graspop '06 - Nijmegen '06 (+ Izzy) - Paris '10 - Antwerp '10 - Lille '10 - Rotterdam '12 - Paris '12 - Graspop '12 [Axl/Dc] Werchter '16
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #1413 on: May 17, 2016, 11:15:17 AM »

Don't give me that bullshit that we can't judge watching a video.

I didn't see you complaining about videos/periscope during previous shows. If you wanna make the case against videos then bring that up also when we say the the crowd is great

THANK YOU

The next time there is a video of Axl sounding great or a good crowd that we are advised to dismiss because its unreliable will be historic.  Because it will be the first time in recorded history that it ever happened.

It's such selective bullshit.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
gunsbetterthanever
Rocker

« Reply #1414 on: May 17, 2016, 01:47:02 PM »

Listening to this makes me realize that Axl is way more powerful than anyone!  Look at the crowd, and the song sounds so much worse!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jF2bokyQ4Q

....Hey Yeah.....Are ya Ready?
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #1415 on: May 17, 2016, 02:44:22 PM »

God forbid even Blabbermouth users are coming out in praise...

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/watch-axl-rose-fronted-acdc-perform-in-werchter-belgium/

Brilliant video of 'Rock or Bust'
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 03:23:15 PM by reayj2003 » Logged
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1416 on: May 17, 2016, 03:27:36 PM »

Don't give me that bullshit that we can't judge watching a video.

THANK YOU

The next time there is a video of Axl sounding great or a good crowd that we are advised to dismiss because its unreliable will be historic.  Because it will be the first time in recorded history that it ever happened.

It's such selective bullshit.
Problem is, people have such differing opinions. What may sound awful to you, others may find tolerable at the very least. Just go by these latest AC/DC shows, the overwhelming majority here thinks he sounds awesome. But if you go on Twitter or elsewhere there are a good number of people that think he sounds horrible. So it might not be selective bullshit as you describe it, simply differing opinions albeit with a possible agenda.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Whigged
Opening Act

« Reply #1417 on: May 17, 2016, 03:35:11 PM »

/jarmo

Looking at your post you don't exactly sound like a Yoga teacher. Before telling someone to relax, you better start with yourself. Don't give me that bullshit that we can't judge watching a video.

I didn't say a thing one way or another - because you CAN'T judge by watching a video. 60,000 people just milling about because of what you saw online from how many thousands of miles away? Just sick of people thinking they can review a show realistically via periscope. Can you get an IDEA of how Axl is sounding? Of course! But you cannot judge a show without being there. I've personally had friends attending these shows saying that the audience has been bonkers, and that like every single show in a stadium or arena setting, there are some areas more rowdy than others and some more chill than others.

It's just ridiculous the amount of vitriol you're spewing toward fans of AC/DC and saying they don't deserve to see the almighty Axl. Come on. At the end of the day, it's a rock concert that people paid their hard earned money to go see. That gives them the right to respond in any way they chose, not the way YOU think they should.
Nikki_Sixx
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1418 on: May 17, 2016, 03:39:16 PM »

Here's my recording, first time taper, inferior to Thierry's amazing recording, take it for what it is !

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?returnto=%2Faccount-cp.php&id=561628

D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #1419 on: May 17, 2016, 03:46:46 PM »

Problem is, people have such differing opinions. What may sound awful to you, others may find tolerable at the very least. Just go by these latest AC/DC shows, the overwhelming majority here thinks he sounds awesome. But if you go on Twitter or elsewhere there are a good number of people that think he sounds horrible. So it might not be selective bullshit as you describe it, simply differing opinions albeit with a possible agenda.

But I ask you, quite simply, this question.

Can you EVER recall a video posted here where a bunch of people are in agreement that he's killing it....and in comes someone to tell them to relax on that, because Youtube is unreliable?  Have you ever seen it happen, ever?

I never have.  Not one time.  Not ever.

But a clip goes up where he's dodgy?  Well, suddenly Youtube is the tool of the devil.  It might as well be 2 tin cans and a wire.  PAY NO ATTENTION TO THAT MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!! 

Its supposed unreliability is only present then a situation has to be spun.  When its pretty much agreed he sounds good, well, suddenly, its reliable.

THAT is why I call it selective bullshit.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 120 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: