Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 12:58:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  New Autographed GUNS N' ROSES Drumhead Appears To Confirm Lineup Rumors
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Autographed GUNS N' ROSES Drumhead Appears To Confirm Lineup Rumors  (Read 15474 times)
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2016, 01:04:26 PM »

Well, just to get really cutthroat about it...why take on his salary?

I'm not crazy enough to think he was getting anything resembling an equal share.  But, you gotta pay the guy something.

So you sit down and crunch the numbers.  At some point, don't you have to really question the expense?

I think they'd have to pay someone regardless.  Some songs have synth-produced orchestration that provide sounds that none of the band members' instruments provide, along with playing other random instruments specific to particular songs (e.g., organ, harmonica, additional percussion).  Not talking just CD songs, this was the case with the 90s UYI tour as well, that's what Teddy Andreadis did.  Dizzy can't do all that stuff and play keyboards at the same time.  So they either pay someone or use a backing tape, which would be bush.  

There wasn't a single song they couldn't or didn't do live before Teddy joined (Dec '91), and since then technology has advanced in such a way that Dizzy can easily handle all the electronic stuff on his own.  I don't think we really need harmonica or extra percussion ?  The sight of Dizzy playing bongos on Jungle was ridiculous enough  Grin

It's not a question of if extra instrumentation is 'needed', it's what they want in terms of putting together a show they're happy with.  If they think that role has had a place in their shows the past 25 years, I'm thinking they're going to keep it. 
Bazfreak
VIP

Wololoo

« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2016, 04:54:26 PM »

Frank just shared this article on his FB. We have a confirmation!  peace

14/apr/2010 @Apoteose Rio | 02/oct/2011 @Rock in Rio 2011 | 20/mar/2014 @HSBC Arena Rio | 12/nov/2016 @Alllianz Park S?o Paulo | 15/nov/2016 @Est?dio Engenh?o Rio | 23/sep/2017 @ Rock in Rio 2017
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2016, 05:08:40 PM »

Yay! A confirmation that he is supporting his former band's activities  peace

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
Bazfreak
VIP

Wololoo

« Reply #43 on: March 15, 2016, 05:18:29 PM »

Nahhhh cmon Emily!

14/apr/2010 @Apoteose Rio | 02/oct/2011 @Rock in Rio 2011 | 20/mar/2014 @HSBC Arena Rio | 12/nov/2016 @Alllianz Park S?o Paulo | 15/nov/2016 @Est?dio Engenh?o Rio | 23/sep/2017 @ Rock in Rio 2017
Bazfreak
VIP

Wololoo

« Reply #44 on: March 15, 2016, 05:21:47 PM »

In fact he shared the rumors article posted by livewire...so much for the support mule kick stuff!! hihi

Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #45 on: March 15, 2016, 05:22:31 PM »

I don't think this bodes well for Chris' inclusion.

I know people will say that until Axl records some proof of life style video that spells it out exactly, they can't say.  Whatever.

We heard that with Ron for what, a year?  And what wound up happening??

Yeah he basically isn't in the tour plans/new lineup/reunion... however you want to slice it up.

I'm fucking glad too. He came out and ran his mouth, and then everyone got all mad about me eating him up on that. Now he's out.

This has cleared the air some. Axl, Slash, Duff, Richard, Frank and Dizzy. Perfect! It's like a UYI era lineup kinda. No 3 guitars (so dumb) and no 2 keyboardists/mother goose who doesn't write any songs...

I respect what little Pitman did for Gn'R, but without him... who is really going to notice that much.

Guns N' Roses will always be singer, lead, rhythm, bass, drums, and a keyboard/pianist

That's it.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
Continental_Drift
Headliner

MaoAxl (98-12)

« Reply #46 on: March 15, 2016, 06:32:46 PM »

I think a distinction should be drawn between Chinese Democracy the album and the "Chinese Democracy-era" (most especially touring 2001-2014). Not a huge amount left (outside of Axl n' Dizzy) of the former perhaps- but plenty (IMHO) still remaining of the latter between Axl, Dizzy, Richard n' Frank (and possibly Chris in one role or another). Also wonder if Brain (still listed as a member on this site anyway) is still in the "GNR Family" too...

#GnFnR
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #47 on: March 15, 2016, 07:14:39 PM »

I think a distinction should be drawn between Chinese Democracy the album and the "Chinese Democracy-era" (most especially touring 2001-2014). Not a huge amount left (outside of Axl n' Dizzy) of the former perhaps- but plenty (IMHO) still remaining of the latter between Axl, Dizzy, Richard n' Frank (and possibly Chris in one role or another). Also wonder if Brain (still listed as a member on this site anyway) is still in the "GNR Family" too...
Brain is the only newGNR ex-member there? CD remix starts now?

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #48 on: March 15, 2016, 11:02:54 PM »

In fact he shared the rumors article posted by livewire...so much for the support mule kick stuff!! hihi

Mule kick is a great bunch of guys, have seen their shows a few times.

It is great GNR is contributing this item to be auctioned off toward benefiting the people of Flint, who have been drinking contaminated water.

"Shut the fuck up."
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #49 on: March 15, 2016, 11:08:01 PM »

I don't think this bodes well for Chris' inclusion.

I know people will say that until Axl records some proof of life style video that spells it out exactly, they can't say.  Whatever.

We heard that with Ron for what, a year?  And what wound up happening??

Guns N' Roses will always be singer, lead, rhythm, bass, drums, and a keyboard/pianist

That's it.

No no

Not exactly true, GNR has incorporated backup singers, a brass section, and additional musicians over the years and it was still GNR.

GNR determines what GNR consists of, not you.

"Shut the fuck up."
raindog
Rocker

« Reply #50 on: March 15, 2016, 11:11:55 PM »

That's ludicrous. "Hey Frank, you're out of the band and someone else is in. Come sign a drumhead for the band you used to be in".

Frank has confirmed he's in multiple times.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #51 on: March 16, 2016, 01:37:56 AM »

That's ludicrous. "Hey Frank, you're out of the band and someone else is in. Come sign a drumhead for the band you used to be in".

Frank has confirmed he's in multiple times.

You misunderstood or misread my post completely-- The band that is auctioning off the drumhead is Frank's former band..Mulekick.

Have seen them several times- they put on a good show.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 02:46:36 AM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #52 on: March 16, 2016, 02:54:40 AM »

Has anyone thought of the possibility that Pittman made those tweets in response to being fired? Like a disgruntled ex employee. Just a thought.
GNRVahland
Rocker

All Quiet on the Western Front

« Reply #53 on: March 16, 2016, 07:05:25 AM »

Has anyone thought of the possibility that Pittman made those tweets in response to being fired? Like a disgruntled ex employee. Just a thought.

Then he wouldn't apologize and remove them, or would he ?
siraddam
Headliner

« Reply #54 on: March 16, 2016, 07:30:05 AM »

I really don't see why they need Dizzy.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #55 on: March 16, 2016, 07:36:09 AM »

Seriously? He plays a huge role in songs they play such as Estranged and Street Of Dreams.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #56 on: March 16, 2016, 08:38:04 AM »

Seriously? He plays a huge role in songs they play such as Estranged and Street Of Dreams.

Exactly, I don't see Dizzy going away at all, he is a huge part of all music written and recorded since 1990. As far as Street of Dreams goes, I wonder if we hear any CD era songs if this drum head and the recent tweets point to no Chris? Especially if the loss of Chris comes as a surprise/reaction to something that happened after the speculation that Slash and Duff were rehearsing CD songs.

At least the down times are never dull and without endless speculation.
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #57 on: March 16, 2016, 10:26:00 AM »

I love DIzzy. He plays keyboards on Civil War, 14 years etc... several UYI songs.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
Virolec
Rocker

« Reply #58 on: March 16, 2016, 10:36:24 AM »

He wouldn't need to, but he might think better of it when sober.

Nargle them.  Fargle them.  Nargle-fargle them.
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #59 on: March 16, 2016, 10:38:58 AM »

He had to apologize, cause he knows that maybe in the future Axl would take him in. Maybe he is out for the time being, but who knows later on? Maybe that's what he wondered when he apologized.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: