Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 12:09:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  New Autographed GUNS N' ROSES Drumhead Appears To Confirm Lineup Rumors
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Autographed GUNS N' ROSES Drumhead Appears To Confirm Lineup Rumors  (Read 15468 times)
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2016, 08:49:01 AM »

Whats crazy is if Chris is not on stage... there is really not much of the Chinese Democracy era left after Axl and Dizzy.

I'm so pumped up. After the Appetite 5 plus Matt... this is the best lineup I can come up with. Richard and Frank are going to be great with the big three.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2016, 09:15:05 AM »

I don't think this bodes well for Chris' inclusion.

I know people will say that until Axl records some proof of life style video that spells it out exactly, they can't say.  Whatever.

We heard that with Ron for what, a year?  And what wound up happening??

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2016, 10:04:15 AM »

it would explain his tweet...and eventually, why he was drunk  hihi

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
raindog
Rocker

« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2016, 10:07:45 AM »

Whats crazy is if Chris is not on stage... there is really not much of the Chinese Democracy era left after Axl and Dizzy.

I'm so pumped up. After the Appetite 5 plus Matt... this is the best lineup I can come up with. Richard and Frank are going to be great with the big three.

Why would you not count Axl and Dizzy as part of the Chinese era? And then with Fortus and Frank, that's 4 out of the 6 members appeared on CD
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2016, 10:10:36 AM »

Why would you not count Axl and Dizzy as part of the Chinese era? And then with Fortus and Frank, that's 4 out of the 6 members appeared on CD

Well

A. I said AFTER Axl and Dizzy ... and B. to me.. Frank and Richard had little to do with creating those songs.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2016, 10:16:39 AM »

to me.. Frank and Richard had little to do with creating those songs.

To me too.  To anyone, really.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2016, 10:24:32 AM »

Maybe YES... Maybe NOT

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2016, 10:47:23 AM »

I don't think this bodes well for Chris' inclusion.

I know people will say that until Axl records some proof of life style video that spells it out exactly, they can't say.  Whatever.

We heard that with Ron for what, a year?  And what wound up happening??

Agree.  I think we all can make a (more than) reasonable assumption that Pittman's out.  So, you're telling me no Silkworms???
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2016, 10:51:59 AM »

Well, just to get really cutthroat about it...why take on his salary?

I'm not crazy enough to think he was getting anything resembling an equal share.  But, you gotta pay the guy something.

So you sit down and crunch the numbers.  At some point, don't you have to really question the expense?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 11:03:25 AM by D-GenerationX » Logged

Nikki_Sixx
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2016, 11:06:59 AM »

But I'd surely miss Pitman too. I guess his absence would mean changes in the live sound.

Let's hope so !

Enough with the 3 guitars and 500 keyboard players.  It's GNR not ELP !

And before anyone says those extras are necessary for the CD songs, fine, then don't play them !

[Axl] Arnhem '01 (cancelled) - Pukkelpop '02 - Graspop '06 - Nijmegen '06 (+ Izzy) - Paris '10 - Antwerp '10 - Lille '10 - Rotterdam '12 - Paris '12 - Graspop '12 [Axl/Dc] Werchter '16
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2016, 11:12:47 AM »

But I'd surely miss Pitman too. I guess his absence would mean changes in the live sound.

Let's hope so !

And before anyone says those extras are necessary for the CD songs, fine, then don't play them !

You better call the band! I think they might not give a shit about what you want.

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2016, 11:13:10 AM »

Let's hope so !

I certainly admire your moxie.

Oh, and...duck.

Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2016, 11:19:51 AM »

Let's hope so !

An old GNR setlist would be a bit boring in my opinion, and would scream nostalgia all over the place.
It would be great if Slash and Duff liked maybe a few unreleased CDera songs, worked on them and played them live.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Nikki_Sixx
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2016, 12:08:40 PM »

Let's hope so !

Oh, and...duck.

What's moxie  Grin ?

All kidding aside, since this isn't a reunion, I wouldn't exactly mind a few CD songs.  I would also welcome more work on unreleased stuff.  I was just being obnoxious.

But you still wouldn't need 3 guitarists and 2 keyboard players for that...

[Axl] Arnhem '01 (cancelled) - Pukkelpop '02 - Graspop '06 - Nijmegen '06 (+ Izzy) - Paris '10 - Antwerp '10 - Lille '10 - Rotterdam '12 - Paris '12 - Graspop '12 [Axl/Dc] Werchter '16
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2016, 12:11:24 PM »

Let's hope so !

Oh, and...duck.

What's moxie  Grin ?

All kidding aside, since this isn't a reunion, I wouldn't exactly mind a few CD songs.  I would also welcome more work on unreleased stuff.  I was just being obnoxious.

This isn't a reunion???  Did I miss the promo showing people other than classic members???
Nikki_Sixx
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2016, 12:16:59 PM »

Let's hope so !

Oh, and...duck.

What's moxie  Grin ?

This isn't a reunion???  Did I miss the promo showing people other than classic members???

Well, since Izzy is not involved, good luck with calling this a reunion !

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2016, 12:30:11 PM »

I don't care if Pittman is there or not.

I am glad that it appears to be a two guitar setup...Slash and Fortus is going to be a killer combo ! Sprinkle in Izzy at times ...

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2016, 12:34:32 PM »

I'm not crazy enough to think he was getting anything resembling an equal share.  But, you gotta pay the guy something.

So you sit down and crunch the numbers.  At some point, don't you have to really question the expense?

I think they'd have to pay someone regardless.  Some songs have synth-produced orchestration that provide sounds that none of the band members' instruments provide, along with playing other random instruments specific to particular songs (e.g., organ, harmonica, additional percussion).  Not talking just CD songs, this was the case with the 90s UYI tour as well, that's what Teddy Andreadis did.  Dizzy can't do all that stuff and play keyboards at the same time.  So they either pay someone or use a backing tape, which would be bush.  
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2016, 12:52:30 PM »

true dat The Animal...

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
Nikki_Sixx
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2016, 12:52:54 PM »

I think they'd have to pay someone regardless.  Some songs have synth-produced orchestration that provide sounds that none of the band members' instruments provide, along with playing other random instruments specific to particular songs (e.g., organ, harmonica, additional percussion).  Not talking just CD songs, this was the case with the 90s UYI tour as well, that's what Teddy Andreadis did.  Dizzy can't do all that stuff and play keyboards at the same time.  So they either pay someone or use a backing tape, which would be bush.  

There wasn't a single song they couldn't or didn't do live before Teddy joined (Dec '91), and since then technology has advanced in such a way that Dizzy can easily handle all the electronic stuff on his own.  I don't think we really need harmonica or extra percussion ?  The sight of Dizzy playing bongos on Jungle was ridiculous enough  Grin

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: