Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 01:39:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228119 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Fans Start Online Petition For Izzy To Join Shows
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fans Start Online Petition For Izzy To Join Shows  (Read 14616 times)
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2016, 02:26:10 AM »

Why does anyone feel the need to "petition" him?

That twitter account was allegedly started by Izzy to let the fans know his current status concerning his participation in the upcoming GNR shows.  Why not just post there?

While I highly doubt this petition will have any sort of impact or influence, there's no harm in it.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2016, 02:27:44 AM »

Does the casual fan know who is in GNR aside from Slash, Axl and to a lesser degree Duff? I doubt it.

I don't know, perhaps not by name.

If they have shown the current line-up in the promo, I don't think many would have noticed if it was Izzy or Richard. Frank and Steven aren't much alike though.

I think the casual fans know the classic line-up from the iconic group photos and music videos.

Have you seen the promos?

This wasn't advertised nor promoted as being the classic lineup when they bought tickets.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2016, 02:29:40 AM »

Does the casual fan know who is in GNR aside from Slash, Axl and to a lesser degree Duff? I doubt it.

If they have shown the current line-up in the promo, I don't think many would have noticed if it was Izzy or Richard. Frank and Steven aren't much alike though.

I think the casual fans know the classic line-up from the iconic group photos and music videos.

This wasn't advertised nor promoted as being the classic lineup when they bought tickets.

When did I say it was?

Sweetness is a virtue
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2016, 02:31:57 AM »

When did I say it was?

Simply stating fact(s).

Did you see any of the Promos?

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2016, 02:32:47 AM »

I've seen all.

Sweetness is a virtue
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2016, 02:44:08 AM »

Oh c'mon, this is just stupid.

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2016, 08:08:00 AM »

I'm sure Axl, Slash and Duff got togheter again because one of those petitions.

sky dog
Legend

« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2016, 09:23:11 AM »

yep...me thinks the speculation and bullshit should end.Some kick ass Gnr shows coming. The band will be what it will be when they hit the stage. I think it is very smart on Gnr's part to hold your cards at this point. I am a huge Izzy fan, but he doesn't need our help with this gig. They are grown men...let them handle their own business.

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
Factory Girl
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2016, 09:24:58 AM »

I don't think it can do any harm. If Izzy doesn't want to do it, he won't do it just because some random guy said that he bought the ticket because he thought Izzy was gonna be there. It won't have any effect if he already made up his mind or he just can't do it.
On the other hand, maybe it helps if he has already considered joining them. Anyway, I think it's really nice and maybe he will be flattered by the initiative.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2016, 10:01:14 AM »

Online petitions are foolish wastes of your time, almost always.

This one most certainly is.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
GNRMTL
Headliner

« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2016, 10:19:54 AM »

Stooopid fucking topic.  Izzy does what izzy does.  Some of the topics that get started or reported are beyond rediciluous.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 10:30:08 AM by GNRMTL » Logged

Miami 92
Montreal 92
Toronto 02
4 nights at the Hammerstein
Ottowa 06
Montreal 10
Hiro 12
Miami Filmore 12
Montreal 13
New Jersey 16
Montreal 17
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2016, 10:39:30 AM »

Who is the petition directed at?  Is it directed at Izzy based on the assumption that he doesn't want to do this and the petitioners want to change his mind?  Or is it directed at the trio based on the assumption that Izzy was not asked to be involved this?  Or if he was asked, to meet whatever demands Izzy has (whether it's more money, more flexibility, who knows)?

GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2016, 10:54:16 AM »

Why would anyone start a petition for something where you don't know if he even wants to be a part of it or not certainly not a full time spot because he doesn't want that. Nobody has come out and said we did or didn't want him nobody is talking in full clarity. Izzy could easily come out and say hey i was offered a spot i didn't want it or i was never approached about joining this whole thing is nonsense.
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2016, 10:57:54 AM »

It's not a reunion... Anybody would promote the two biggest names rejoining a band they were once in... Tommy, DJ, Bumble left so they were replaced.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Bazfreak
VIP

Wololoo

« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2016, 11:01:31 AM »

The Izzy worship continues... drool

The guy does not want to be part of it people, get over it...

14/apr/2010 @Apoteose Rio | 02/oct/2011 @Rock in Rio 2011 | 20/mar/2014 @HSBC Arena Rio | 12/nov/2016 @Alllianz Park S?o Paulo | 15/nov/2016 @Est?dio Engenh?o Rio | 23/sep/2017 @ Rock in Rio 2017
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2016, 11:12:45 AM »

It's not a reunion... Anybody would promote the two biggest names rejoining a band they were once in... Tommy, DJ, Bumble left so they were replaced.

It really is looking more like a case of Slash and Duff replacing the guys who left, rather than Axl, Slash and Duff reuniting and then filling out the remaining band slots.  If that's the case, wouldn't it be unlikely that they ever asked Izzy to participate?  If Slash doesn't want to share lead guitar duties, there's no need for a 3rd guitarist and they already have Richard to play rhythm. 

Plus, you have Axl's comments from years ago that only Slash and Duff could handle a full tour.  On top of that, I believe all of Izzy's appearances in recent years came about because he asked Axl, not because Axl invited him.  Izzy confirmed that was the case for the 2006 appearances, so I assume that's how it happened with his other appearances as well. 
Annie
« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2016, 11:19:49 AM »

That's kind of creepy IMO.

I think (hope) Izzy already knows how much the fans would love for him to be there.

I think most fans feel that it's Izzy's personal choice not to be a permanent player in the band.

I think (hope) that most fans respect Izzy's choice.

Absolutely.  Izzy knows that the band would totally embrace him with open arms. 
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2016, 11:58:51 AM »

No thanks. I'm busy signing petitions for wold peace, end world hunger and petitions against other petitions...

Well, it's nice that people care. That's the upside.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2016, 12:07:37 PM »

The Izzy worship continues... drool

The guy does not want to be part of it people, get over it...

Yeah, at some point, don't you take the hint?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2016, 12:19:20 PM »

We are all fanatics... we all come here on a daily basis and have severe interest in the comings and goings.

However... some people out there take this stuff to the extreme... the people who have instagram accounts devoted to the guys in the band and  their families and girlfriend's... it's crazy... and borderline creepy. There has to be a line.

I get the impression a lot of these accounts originate in South America... I don't know why that is...but it seems that way.

This petition... not sure who started it... but it falls in the same category... I'd love to see Izzy up there on April 8th as much as anybody... but c'mon...
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 12:21:46 PM by JAEBALL » Logged

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: