Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 23, 2024, 03:01:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Fans Start Online Petition For Izzy To Join Shows
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fans Start Online Petition For Izzy To Join Shows  (Read 14558 times)
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #60 on: March 07, 2016, 09:55:11 PM »

yeah i don't get this either.

It's not like Izzy wants to play and Axl and the other guys wont let him....  Roll Eyes

It's simply a choice he's made that hes not interested in doing it, so why petition it? 

As others have said... when the lights go off just before the first song is played... all eyes are on 2 people..... and thats basically the end of it.

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #61 on: March 07, 2016, 10:17:54 PM »

This petition is pretty lame.  I haven't read it, but the general idea makes no sense.  I don't get the feeling Izzy is being prevented from joining the band, as he is cool with the members and has played with them several times before.  Has it ever occurred to some people that maybe he is just not that into it?  Whatever the case may be with Izzy and his potential involvement I don't think a petition is the one thing thats magically going to make it happen.  I am sure he and the band both know how much fans love him.

I swear some people are never happy.  I know we have said that before, but the last 2 months really proved it.  This is an amazing/improbable time in the bands history, enjoy it!   Some fans negativity seems to be as high as late 2006 when they were counting each remaining Tuesday left in the year because somebody, not the band mind you, inferred the record could randomly come out one of those days.

You know, for years I got the feeling that just Slash rejoining the band would be all that some people on here and elsewhere on the internet needed in life.  It was the most important thing in the world to them.  Now they have that, and some of those same people are still not satisfied.  Some of those same people are saying its not really Guns N Roses if Steven of all people isn't involved.  I swear, never in a million years did I ever think that if Slash and Duff came back to the band  that people would be bitching about it not really being GNR without Steven.  I swear I can't believe it.

That's a little off topic, and thats not to shit on Steven, I'm just saying some people will never be happy.  The "Appetite" line up could get back together tomorrow(cause thats the real GNR right?  Roll Eyes ) and do a tour playing the whole record front to back in every state in America and every country across the world for the 30th Anniversary, and some people would still complain that they didn't play every song off of "Lies" too.

« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 10:27:51 PM by Bodhi » Logged
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #62 on: March 07, 2016, 10:23:35 PM »

This petition is pretty lame.  I haven't read it, but the general idea makes no sense.  I don't get the feeling Izzy is being prevented from joining the band, as he is cool with the members and has played with them several times before.  Has it ever occurred to some people that maybe he is just not that into it?  Whatever the case may be with Izzy and his potential involvement I don't think a petition is the one thing thats magically going to make it happen.  I am sure he and the band both know how much fans love him.

I swear some people are never happy.  I know we have said that before, but the last 2 months really proved it.  This is an amazing/improbable time in the bands history, enjoy it!   Some fans negativity seems to be as high as late 2006 when they were counting each remaining Tuesday left in the year because somebody, not the band mind you, inferred the record could randomly come out one of those days.

You know, for years I got the feeling that just Slash rejoining the band would be all that some people on here and elsewhere on the internet needed in life.  It was the most important thing in the world to them.  Now they have that, and some of those same people are still not satisfied.  Some of those same people are saying its not really Guns N Roses if Steven of all people isn't involved.  I swear, never in a million years did I ever think that if Slash and Duff came back to the band  that people would be bitching about it not really being GNR without Steven.  I swear I can't believe it.

That's a little off topic, and thats not to shit on Steven, I'm just saying some people will never be happy.  The "Appetite" line up could get back together tomorrow(cause thats the real GNR right?  Roll Eyes ) and do a tour playing the whole record front to back in every state in America for the 30th Anniversary, and some people would still complain that they didn't play every song off of "Lies" too.

I 100% agree with this Post.

I was accused for a long time of being a moaner and whinger last year when things were extremely quiet and there was no indication of what was happening. From the outside it looked a complete mess... and you know what... maybe it wasnt a mess at all.. maybe this was all in the works 2 years ago... or... maybe it was a complete mess and by some sort of miracle its all come together.

Either way, looking back on that... compared to where we are now... i am extremely happy with what we have right now. If theres a choice between Izzy and richard.. of course id prefer Izzy.. but there isnt a choice at all.. and what we have is a band that has people really talking again. Slash and Axl back on the same stage again?Huh? Thats huge... nobody thought this would ever happen... not even Axl for a long long time.. .so for this to be happening.. people should really just quit the bitching and enjoy it.. all eyes are on them, and its a massive night in the bands story when this kicks off. So for people to be still whinging... it makes completely no sense to me.

I honestly cannot wait for it.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #63 on: March 07, 2016, 10:45:37 PM »

Some fans negativity seems to be as high as late 2006 when they were counting each remaining Tuesday left in the year because somebody, not the band mind you, inferred the record could randomly come out one of those days.

Was with you on your whole post, save for this one passage.  That "somebody not in the band" was their manager. 

I will concede that it was, hands down, one of the dumbest things I've heard said by someone affiliated with a major league act.  But let's not pretend this was some random nobody on the internet popping off.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #64 on: March 08, 2016, 12:17:38 AM »

Some fans negativity seems to be as high as late 2006 when they were counting each remaining Tuesday left in the year because somebody, not the band mind you, inferred the record could randomly come out one of those days.

Was with you on your whole post, save for this one passage.  That "somebody not in the band" was their manager. 

I will concede that it was, hands down, one of the dumbest things I've heard said by someone affiliated with a major league act.  But let's not pretend this was some random nobody on the internet popping off.

Right, never meant to say it was a random guy although looking back at my wording it comes  across like that.   I have no idea what was going on with that management,  I was just including it never came from any of the band members.  That's  neither here nor there, I was merely making a comparison on the negativity level.   At least with that,  I could understand fans being a little negative when management hints at something that everyone was anticipating for years   and it never happens.  But to be frustrated here in March of 2016 with everything we have happening,  I will never understand.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 12:45:25 AM by Bodhi » Logged
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #65 on: March 08, 2016, 02:23:18 AM »

That's a little off topic, and thats not to shit on Steven, I'm just saying some people will never be happy.  The "Appetite" line up could get back together tomorrow(cause thats the real GNR right?  Roll Eyes ) and do a tour playing the whole record front to back in every state in America for the 30th Anniversary, and some people would still complain that they didn't play every song off of "Lies" too.

I was accused for a long time of being a moaner and whinger last year when things were extremely quiet and there was no indication of what was happening. From the outside it looked a complete mess... and you know what... maybe it wasnt a mess at all.. maybe this was all in the works 2 years ago... or... maybe it was a complete mess and by some sort of miracle its all come together.

Either way, looking back on that... compared to where we are now... i am extremely happy with what we have right now. If theres a choice between Izzy and richard.. of course id prefer Izzy.. but there isnt a choice at all.. and what we have is a band that has people really talking again. Slash and Axl back on the same stage again?Huh? Thats huge... nobody thought this would ever happen... not even Axl for a long long time.. .so for this to be happening.. people should really just quit the bitching and enjoy it.. all eyes are on them, and its a massive night in the bands story when this kicks off. So for people to be still whinging... it makes completely no sense to me.

Who is this and what have you done with Oscar??? Cheesy

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #66 on: March 08, 2016, 03:48:20 AM »

Some people will never be pleased. "It's no GN'R without Slash" was the war cry for years. But now that Slash is back (and Duff too) and the band is about to start touring, they still have so much to cry about. Even if Izzy would join the lineup, there'd be something else to cheer for... Kick Pitman out? It's no GN'R without Steven? Play Wild Horses just like in 1992? Axl sounds shit? CD took 15 years to come out? Why are they so silent? It's an endless road.

Starting and joining a petition like this only proves how naive you are.

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #67 on: March 08, 2016, 04:51:08 AM »

Starting and joining a petition like this only proves how naive you are.
this.
btw, Duff was kind of back in 2014 already, still "it wasn't real GNR, blah blah blah." confused

Kasanova King
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #68 on: March 08, 2016, 09:01:15 AM »

I don't get the anger from people.  lol.  Typically, if something doesn't interest me on a message board, I ignore it and move on.  I guess, to each, their own.

Anyway, like I said, this has as much to do with showing appreciation for Izzy than anything else
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 09:14:27 AM by Kasanova King » Logged

-KK
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #69 on: March 08, 2016, 09:57:58 AM »

Anyway, like I said, this has as much to do with showing appreciation for Izzy than anything else

Some of us can appreciate the man and his talent without asking him for something in return....
Just saying. Smiley

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #70 on: March 08, 2016, 10:04:16 AM »

Some of us can appreciate the man and his talent without asking him for something in return....
Just saying. Smiley

/jarmo

This Is Me Case

ok

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Kasanova King
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #71 on: March 08, 2016, 10:17:37 AM »

Just saying. Smiley

/jarmo

I'm about 100% sure Izzy doesn't mind this at all.  Wink

-KK
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #72 on: March 08, 2016, 10:25:41 AM »

If Izzy was asked to participate and he's not interested, then, I agree, the petition makes no sense.  But if he wasn't asked, I think the petition is a nice gesture to him, to the effect that, maybe the band hasn't asked him, but at least his fans are asking for him to be there.  But without knowing either way, this petition kind of jumps the gun on that point.

Anyway, I know the presumption is that Izzy is not doing this by choice, and that may be true, but we don't know that for sure. 
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #73 on: March 08, 2016, 10:54:00 AM »

If Izzy was asked to participate and he's not interested, then, I agree, the petition makes no sense.  But if he wasn't asked, I think the petition is a nice gesture to him, to the effect that, maybe the band hasn't asked him, but at least his fans are asking for him to be there.  But without knowing either way, this petition kind of jumps the gun on that point.

Anyway, I know the presumption is that Izzy is not doing this by choice, and that may be true, but we don't know that for sure. 

Well said. It would be a kinda cool gesture if we knew for a fact he wasn't asked to be a part of it. We have no idea doe.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
CherryGarcia
Rocker

« Reply #74 on: March 08, 2016, 11:10:43 AM »

That's a little off topic, and thats not to shit on Steven, I'm just saying some people will never be happy.  The "Appetite" line up could get back together tomorrow(cause thats the real GNR right?  Roll Eyes ) and do a tour playing the whole record front to back in every state in America and every country across the world for the 30th Anniversary, and some people would still complain that they didn't play every song off of "Lies" too.

beer beer smoking
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #75 on: March 08, 2016, 11:22:25 AM »

Lets start a petition and make somebody do something against their will...  Gotta love GnR fans ! never pleased.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #76 on: March 08, 2016, 11:31:06 AM »

I don?t think it?s all that far fetched of a theory to think that Izzy may be interested in the concept of a reunion, but not in love with the current rumored inclusion/exclusion of certain members.
Before anyone wants to hop back aboard the semantics train about this not being promoted as a reunion, duly noted.
Doesn?t change the fact that the sole reason GN?R is back in the daily news is because of the partial reunion.

Perhaps Izzy is not happy about the percentage of money he was/wasn?t offered. He seems like a cool cat, but most people wouldn?t sneeze at the money that this band he co-founded will be bringing in on this tour, playing songs he wrote. He?s stated his desire in the past to play again with the old band, and as far as we know, is still cool with everyone, so from where I?m sitting, it seems just as likely that something broke down during negotiations, as the theory that Izzy simply can?t be bothered.

Do I think the petition will change matters? No. Did I sign it? No.
But while it?s obviously not quite as productive as pointing out the petition?s flaws, offering unsolicited amateur advice, wondering aloud why all fans can?t adopt a singular point of view, asking for god damn things we aren?t owed, incessantly whining about other fans incessant whining, or any of the other countless real world problems solved on a daily basis here at htgth, I think the person who created the petitions heart was in the right place, and don?t see the harm in showing Izzy a little appreciation.
Especially since he will probably never see it.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #77 on: March 08, 2016, 11:33:42 AM »

Right, never meant to say it was a random guy although looking back at my wording it comes  across like that.   I have no idea what was going on with that management,  I was just including it never came from any of the band members.  That's  neither here nor there, I was merely making a comparison on the negativity level.   At least with that,  I could understand fans being a little negative when management hints at something that everyone was anticipating for years   and it never happens.  But to be frustrated here in March of 2016 with everything we have happening,  I will never understand.

I agree.  More of that talk than I would have expected.

I think at least some of that will be assuaged with a full set of tour dates.  Once people see they are coming to their town or close to it, I think a lot of the uncertainty will dissipate.

To some, that comes across as a demand.  It's not.  Just an observation that whenever the spirit moves them to tell us, the mood is likely to improve.

Just on a personal level, I'd like the dates just so my friends stop hounding me.  As if I know something, but am holding out or something.  

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Kasanova King
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #78 on: March 08, 2016, 03:09:31 PM »

Lets start a petition and make somebody do something against their will...  Gotta love GnR fans ! never pleased.

I agree.  Gotta love G N' R fans that think they know whether or not someone wants to do something....when in reality, they really don't.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 03:15:21 PM by Kasanova King » Logged

-KK
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #79 on: March 08, 2016, 04:27:13 PM »

Who is this and what have you done with Oscar??? Cheesy

beer haha i can appreciate the humor in that comment.  Wink

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: