Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 23, 2024, 03:28:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Fans Start Online Petition For Izzy To Join Shows
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fans Start Online Petition For Izzy To Join Shows  (Read 14562 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2016, 12:36:49 PM »

We are all fanatics... we all come here on a daily basis and have severe interest in the comings and goings.

However... some people out there take this stuff to the extreme... the people who have instagram accounts devoted to the guys in the band and  their families and girlfriend's... it's crazy... and borderline creepy. There has to be a line.

Big time. 

The people that act like they know them and are part of their lives are the ones that creep me out.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2016, 01:08:57 PM »

Yeah, this seems a bit drastic. I paid a ton of money too, and seeing Axl and Slash on the same stage together for 2-3 hours will be MORE than worth it.  It's something I never thought I'd get to experience in my lifetime.
Sillything
VIP

« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2016, 01:13:57 PM »

We are all fanatics... we all come here on a daily basis and have severe interest in the comings and goings.

However... some people out there take this stuff to the extreme... the people who have instagram accounts devoted to the guys in the band and  their families and girlfriend's... it's crazy... and borderline creepy. There has to be a line.

Big time. 

The people that act like they know them and are part of their lives are the ones that creep me out.

If a stalker read this...Seek help! Now! it's not healthy for anyone.

Stockholm 1991, 1993, 1995 (Slash), 2006,2015 (Slash), 2017
Roskilde: 2006
Helsinki 2010
Prague: 2010, 2017,2022
Milano: 2012
Aarhus: 2016 (Ac/Dc),
Berlin: 2018
Tallin: 2018
Gothenburg 2018
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2016, 01:58:58 PM »

Wonder how moved Izzy "Stralin" will be by your petition when he sees that "Stradlin" is spelled wrong in the link.   Tongue
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #44 on: March 07, 2016, 02:13:52 PM »

Yeah, this seems a bit drastic. I paid a ton of money too, and seeing Axl and Slash on the same stage together for 2-3 hours will be MORE than worth it.  It's something I never thought I'd get to experience in my lifetime.

Yeah, the premise of the whole thing seems a little off.

So you paid a $1,000 on the *off chance* that Izzy might show up to strum a couple tunes?

Really?  Going to make that argument with a straight face?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #45 on: March 07, 2016, 02:27:34 PM »

Yeah, the premise of the whole thing seems a little off.

So you paid a $1,000 on the *off chance* that Izzy might show up to strum a couple tunes?

Really?  Going to make that argument with a straight face?

A lot of people rolled their eyes at first when they called this a regrouping instead of a reunion.  I, myself, didn't get the wording in the releases either.  But boy, do I get it now.  Can you imagine the cyber-fits people would be throwing if they labeled this a "reunion" from the get go?  Yikes.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #46 on: March 07, 2016, 03:09:10 PM »

A lot of people rolled their eyes at first when they called this a regrouping instead of a reunion.  I, myself, didn't get the wording in the releases either.  But boy, do I get it now.  Can you imagine the cyber-fits people would be throwing if they labeled this a "reunion" from the get go?  Yikes.

Yeah, that's a great point.  The saved themselves a lot of bullshit.

Smart.

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #47 on: March 07, 2016, 03:16:30 PM »

Smart.

Really.  People are ready to lay down on train tracks because they "assumed" Izzy & Steven would be there.  Dumb.  Honestly, I think a lot of fans turned the channel in 1992 and cannot comprehend a GNR without the fellas they knew as GNR.  Whereas those who stuck around understand it's a bit more complicated than that.
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #48 on: March 07, 2016, 03:34:22 PM »

As an East Coast diehard - I'd rather start a petition making sure that the shows will be available somewhere for me to actually see them
Would love Izzy there, but not as much as me being there via technology
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #49 on: March 07, 2016, 03:45:57 PM »

Smart.

Really.  People are ready to lay down on train tracks because they "assumed" Izzy & Steven would be there.  Dumb.  Honestly, I think a lot of fans turned the channel in 1992 and cannot comprehend a GNR without the fellas they knew as GNR.  Whereas those who stuck around understand it's a bit more complicated than that.

I would have paid close to any price to see Axl and Slash play the tambourine together and hum a few folk songs.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #50 on: March 07, 2016, 03:59:09 PM »

I would have paid close to any price to see Axl and Slash play the tambourine together and hum a few folk songs.

Think how much better the vibe is going to be at these shows.

Person after person giddily asking the guy next to him "can you fuckin' believe this??"

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #51 on: March 07, 2016, 04:00:35 PM »

Person after person giddily asking the guy next to him "can you fuckin' believe this??"

Yup... and at that moment.. I won't give one single second of thought as to where Izzy or Steven is.

Euphoria.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Kasanova King
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #52 on: March 07, 2016, 04:07:43 PM »

I thought this was a cool idea when Tom posted the original petition last night.(On another forum)  The original seemed a little overboard with the drama and made it seem as if it was all on Izzy's shoulders for it to happen.  When we realized that, a new, modified version was started.

This is just a way for fans to say that they appreciate Izzy's contributions to G N' R and would like to see him involved.  The Vegas shows are sold out.  Coachella shows are sold out.  We know that G N' R didn't need Izzy to sell out these shows, but it would be nice to see him there.  That's all this is, nothing more, nothing less.  So no need to get offended by it, etc.  If you feel it's pointless or don't care, don't sign the petition.

We may not get Izzy in Vegas or Coachella but who knows, we may eventually get him at some point....and I think that would be pretty cool too.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 04:18:28 PM by Kasanova King » Logged

-KK
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #53 on: March 07, 2016, 04:08:59 PM »

Yup... and at that moment.. I won't give one single second of thought as to where Izzy or Steven is.

Euphoria.

Dude, when the lights go out, I can't even imagine how loud it's going to be.   drool
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #54 on: March 07, 2016, 04:37:30 PM »

This is just a way for fans to say that they appreciate Izzy's contributions to G N' R and would like to see him involved. 

Izzy went out of his way to start a twitter account to let the fans know his status as it concerns the announced shows.  Isn't it kind of insulting for the fans to ignore that and make this petition instead?

@IzzyStradlin999 GNR fans appreciate your contributions to the band and would like to see you involved in the upcoming shows  is less that 140 characters.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Kasanova King
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #55 on: March 07, 2016, 04:58:14 PM »

This is just a way for fans to say that they appreciate Izzy's contributions to G N' R and would like to see him involved. 

Izzy went out of his way to start a twitter account to let the fans know his status as it concerns the announced shows.  Isn't it kind of insulting for the fans to ignore that and make this petition instead?

@IzzyStradlin999 GNR fans appreciate your contributions to the band and would like to see you involved in the upcoming shows  is less that 140 characters.

I'm the middle man here.  I didn't start the original, which was some 500+ word rant about how Izzy promised to be there and that they had spent thousands of dollars expecting to see him.  All I did was help make the modified version, which is a much lighter, fun request to see him there.  One of the two would have eventually made it across message boards.(the first was already on another one)...trust me, this is the better of the two.

-KK
doooodickiebr
VIP

Police and niggaz...get outta my way!

« Reply #56 on: March 07, 2016, 05:01:49 PM »

This is so childish! As if an online petition would make any difference to him!!!

Baton Rouge, LA 1992
New Orleans, LA 1992
Biloxi, MS  2002 Cancelled!!!!
Kansas City, MO 2011
New Orleans, LA 2016
Houston, TX 2016
New Orleans, LA 2019
Biloxi, MS 2023
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #57 on: March 07, 2016, 07:15:12 PM »

I'm the middle man here.  I didn't start the original, which was some 500+ word rant about how Izzy promised to be there and that they had spent thousands of dollars expecting to see him.  All I did was help make the modified version, which is a much lighter, fun request to see him there.  One of the two would have eventually made it across message boards.(the first was already on another one)...trust me, this is the better of the two.

First one was whiny, childish and entitled- second one is based on a false premise-

I'm going to start a petition against this petition.  hihi

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
Annie
« Reply #58 on: March 07, 2016, 07:43:39 PM »

First one was whiny, childish and entitled- second one is based on a false premise-

Emily I will be the first to sign your petition. 
Kasanova King
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #59 on: March 07, 2016, 08:56:44 PM »

I was able to edit the title and wording and placed the word "reunion" in ( )....for all of you complainers..... Grin

http://www.petitionbuzz.com/petitions/we-want-izzy-stralin-in-the-upcoming-guns-n-roses-reunion-sh

Apparently there are some Izzy fans over at Petionbuzz....they are featuring it on their front page.....

https://www.petitionbuzz.com/

peace

-KK
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: