Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 23, 2024, 03:09:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Fans Start Online Petition For Izzy To Join Shows
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fans Start Online Petition For Izzy To Join Shows  (Read 14559 times)
Kasanova King
Headliner

Here Today...

« on: March 06, 2016, 11:43:22 PM »

New petition:

http://www.petitionbuzz.com/petitions/we-want-izzy-stralin-in-the-upcoming-guns-n-roses-reunion-sh

Sign Away & let's convince G N' R and Izzy to come to an agreement for some shows!

« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 04:38:34 PM by Kasanova King » Logged

-KK
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2016, 12:17:58 AM »

That's kind of creepy IMO.

I think (hope) Izzy already knows how much the fans would love for him to be there.

I think most fans feel that it's Izzy's personal choice not to be a permanent player in the band.

I think (hope) that most fans respect Izzy's choice.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2016, 12:29:37 AM »

Not against the petition in itself.

This caught my eye though:

"Me and my friends have each spent of $1,000 for plane and hotels fees to go to Vegas, and we ONLY did it cause we thought you would at least make an appearance, Izzy - as rumors had suggested you would."

That just seems like guilt is being placed on Izzy. If Izzy ends up coming mainly because he feels guilty, not sure if that's alright.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Kasanova King
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2016, 12:42:13 AM »

Not against the petition in itself.

This caught my eye though:

"Me and my friends have each spent of $1,000 for plane and hotels fees to go to Vegas, and we ONLY did it cause we thought you would at least make an appearance, Izzy - as rumors had suggested you would."

That just seems like guilt is being placed on Izzy. If Izzy ends up coming mainly because he feels guilty, not sure if that's alright.

I agree.  Not sure who started that one, but we started a new one. 

http://www.petitionbuzz.com/petitions/we-want-izzy-stralin-in-the-upcoming-guns-n-roses-reunion-sh

-KK
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2016, 12:54:52 AM »

The shows haven't actually been advertised as reunion shows, and haven't been called that except by some fans and media.

This petition doesn't feel right  nervous

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
Kasanova King
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2016, 12:58:27 AM »

The shows haven't actually been advertised as reunion shows, and haven't been called that except by some fans and media.

At the very least, it's a semi- Illusions tour reunion as the same amount of the classic lineup that were in most of the Illusions tour, will be in this one.  That's why having Izzy would make it that much closer to a classic lineup reunion.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 01:08:12 AM by Kasanova King » Logged

-KK
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2016, 01:05:13 AM »

At the very least, it's an Illusions tour reunion as the same amount of the classic lineup that were in most of the Illusions tour, will be in this one.  That's why having Izzy would make it that much closer to a classic lineup reunion.

But it hasn't ever been promoted nor advertised as a reunion show period- only media and fans have used that label.

I'm good with shows as they are, if Izzy decides he wants to show up I'm sure that option is open.

This petition feels like a strong arm attempt at manipulation. nervous

"Shut the fuck up."
Kasanova King
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2016, 01:10:36 AM »

At the very least, it's an Illusions tour reunion as the same amount of the classic lineup that were in most of the Illusions tour, will be in this one.  That's why having Izzy would make it that much closer to a classic lineup reunion.

But it hasn't ever been promoted nor advertised as a reunion show period- only media and fans have used that label.

I'm good with shows as they are, if Izzy decides he wants to show up I'm sure that option is open.

It hasn't been promoted as such probably for legal reasons is my guess.  But the most fans are calling it a reunion.  If you feel it's an attempt at manipulation, don't sign it...lol.

-KK
Kasanova King
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2016, 01:17:17 AM »

It hasn't been promoted as such probably for legal reasons is my guess.  But most fans are calling it a reunion.  If you feel it's an attempt at manipulation, don't sign it...lol.

-KK
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2016, 01:28:49 AM »

It hasn't been promoted as such probably for legal reasons is my guess.  But the most fans are calling it a reunion.  If you feel it's an attempt at manipulation, don't sign it...lol.

The premise that "most fans" are calling it a reunion in no way refutes the fact that it has never been advertised nor promoted as such in any official capacity.

"Shut the fuck up."
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2016, 01:37:05 AM »

The premise that "most fans" are calling it a reunion in no way refutes the fact that it has never been advertised nor promoted as such in any official capacity.

It hasn't been promoted as a reunion, but the promo videos show only Axl, Slash and Duff, which leaves the door open for speculation to who the rest of the band members will be.

So you can say they've indirectly invited people to think so, giving no statements on the full line-up yet.

Sweetness is a virtue
Kasanova King
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2016, 01:42:03 AM »

LOL  ....I'm guessing you may be a part of G N' R's legal or the promoters legal team.... Grin

-KK
Jay Tea
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2016, 01:43:54 AM »

I used this line earlier today on some fan crying that he's entitled to more information from the band..

"NOBODY OWES YOU. NOT ONE GOD DAMN THING."

...sorry  Grin
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2016, 01:55:15 AM »

It hasn't been promoted as a reunion, but the promo videos show only Axl, Slash and Duff, which leaves the door open for speculation to who the rest of the band members will be.

So you can say they've indirectly invited people to think so, giving no statements on the full line-up yet.

Hardly- IF it were a full reunion of the AFD lineup it would be extremely downright stupid not to advertise it as such.

No brainer there- Duh.

Only fans,some media outlets, and some petition writers  have called this a reunion.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 02:00:21 AM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2016, 02:03:07 AM »

Hardly- IF it were a full reunion of the AFD lineup it would be extremely downright stupid not to advertise it as such.

No brainer there- Duh.

Only fans and some media outlets have called this a reunion.

For us hardcore fans here at the message boards, sure.

For a casual fan just seeing Axl, Slash and Duff in a promo video... not that sure. I think many of those people saw the video and though "Hmm, looks like GN'R have reunited".

Sweetness is a virtue
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2016, 02:08:55 AM »

No brainer there- Duh.

For a casual fan just seeing Axl, Slash and Duff in a promo video... not that sure. I think many of those people saw the video and though "Hmm, looks like GN'R have reunited".

Does the casual fan know who is in GNR aside from Slash, Axl and to a lesser degree Duff? I doubt it.

Doesn't change the fact that this was never advertised nor promoted as a reunion tour.

"Shut the fuck up."
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2016, 02:14:15 AM »

Why does anyone feel the need to "petition" him?

That twitter account was allegedly started by Izzy to let the fans know his current status concerning his participation in the upcoming GNR shows.  Why not just post there?

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Kasanova King
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2016, 02:22:29 AM »

No brainer there- Duh.

Does the casual fan know who is in GNR aside from Slash, Axl and to a lesser degree Duff? I doubt it.

Doesn't change the fact that this was never advertised nor promoted as a reunion tour.

You'd be surprised how many people willing to shell out $300+ a pop per ticket know exactly who the classic lineup of G N' R was.  They bought the albums, they bought the posters back in the day, etc.   I'd be willing to bet the majority of them paying to see them know exactly who Izzy is.  It still doesn't mean they won't go.....but if you asked them, I'm pretty sure they would love to see him involved.

-KK
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2016, 02:23:17 AM »

I don't know, perhaps not by name.

If they have shown the current line-up in the promo, I don't think many would have noticed if it was Izzy or Richard. Frank and Steven aren't much alike though.

I think the casual fans know the classic line-up from the iconic group photos and music videos.

Sweetness is a virtue
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2016, 02:25:47 AM »

No brainer there- Duh.

You'd be surprised how many people willing to shell out $300+ a pop per ticket know exactly who the classic lineup of G N' R was.  They bought the albums, they bought the posters back in the day, etc.   I'd be willing to bet the majority of them paying to see them know exactly who Izzy is.  It still doesn't mean they won't go.....but if you asked them, I'm pretty sure they would love to see him involved.

But this hasn't been advertised as the classic lineup, and wasn't when everyone bought tickets.

"Shut the fuck up."
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: