Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 23, 2024, 04:03:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Alice in chains opening vegas
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Alice in chains opening vegas  (Read 11370 times)
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2016, 04:01:51 PM »

God-damn. That's amazing. If I'd known that I would have gotten tickets. Great band.

Seeing GNR for the first time in 20 plus years with Slash and Duff wasn't enough incentive?

Ha!  Yeah, you an literally see Alice in Chains anytime, they play all the time.  Not sure how that is the thing that puts this gig over the edge.

That said, I am very excited to see Alice in Chains!  Really cool choice for an opener.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2016, 04:03:47 PM »

Semantics: The Motion Picture - Starring GypsySoul.  Coming soon to a theater near you!

And what D-GenerationX posted wasn't semantics about what constitutes being a GNR fan?  Roll Eyes

I...can't believe I'm chiming in on this, but....Let's say you love Band A, but you also love Band B.  If Band A announces a show, and you are excited, and later announces Band B is opening said show, and makes you even MORE excited, and heck maybe you'll buy a ticket now, does that make you a shitty fan of Band A?  Because, you know, it kind of sounds like you're saying it does.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2016, 04:05:20 PM »

Now back to the regular whining about my posts courtesy of Mr Right and his high opinion of himself.

Just glad you are still among the living, soldier.  You've sure been MIA lately for whatever reason, though theories do abound.

Been pretty harmonious in your absence though, I must say.  The return of this sort of conversational focus coinciding with your return, just one of those things, I suppose.

Life is full of happy accidents, really.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2016, 04:07:00 PM »

I...can't believe I'm chiming in on this, but....Let's say you love Band A, but you also love Band B.  If Band A announces a show, and you are excited, and later announces Band B is opening said show, and makes you even MORE excited, and heck maybe you'll buy a ticket now, does that make you a shitty fan of Band A?  Because, you know, it kind of sounds like you're saying it does.

Nobody was saying that.
Only some of you are desperate for an argument so you claim we are saying that.

It was only pointed out how this is the first time in over 20 years that band A will have three of the most well known members on stage together and how this is a fan site for band A, so it's somewhat safe to assume that you'd be a hardcore band A fan on a band A fan site and that the event itself would make any fan of band A want to buy a ticket. Cheesy

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2016, 04:07:41 PM »

You've sure been MIA lately for whatever reason, though theories do abound.

I'd love to hear your theories!

Let's see if they are better than reality! Cheesy

Edited to add: The fact that you claim there are theories about why I posted less for the last few weeks is either creepy or a compliment. Not sure which at this point though...

/jarmo
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 04:12:14 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2016, 04:10:13 PM »

Now who's talking semantics.  We're not discussing just any Band A and Band B shows. 

We're talking about the opening act for Guns N' Roses shows that Slash and Duff have officially rejoined after over 20 years!

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #46 on: March 02, 2016, 04:12:32 PM »

It was only pointed out how this is the first time in over 20 years that band A will have three of the most well known members on stage together and how this is a fan site for band A, so it's somewhat safe to assume that you'd be a hardcore band A fan on a band A fan site and that the event itself would make any fan of band A want to buy a ticket. Cheesy

More so in your town though, I'd think.  In that scenario, I could see the argument the opening band would matter very little to not at all.

But plane tickets to and fro, hotel accomodations, and the general expense of a few days in Vegas adds up.  I could see needing some extra incentive to rationalize that.

All the more so if you are under the impression that they WILL be coming to your town this summer.  Or, at least, closer to your town than Nevada.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #47 on: March 02, 2016, 04:15:13 PM »

Hey, I've got news for you, pal.  Mine is nowhere near as nefarious and conspiratorial as the ones run by me here, there and everywhere.

I just figured you had shit to do.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #48 on: March 02, 2016, 04:16:36 PM »

But plane tickets to and fro, hotel accomodations, and the general expense of a few days in Vegas adds up.  I could see needing some extra incentive to rationalize that.

It all depends.

If you're a really really hardcore fan who's spent your money on travels to see GN'R in the last 15 years or so, I'm sure you don't need to know the opening act to make those plans again.
And if you didn't go see GN'R between 1993 and today because certain people left the band, do you need to know the opening band?

Just saying, it's all relative.

Now, let's say GN'R is one of your favorite bands.... And/or you don't really travel to see them and so on.
Then it all gets a bit different.

Hey, I've got news for you, pal.  Mine is nowhere near as nefarious and conspiratorial as the ones run by me here, there and everywhere.

I just figured you had shit to do.

Care to share?

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #49 on: March 02, 2016, 04:21:00 PM »

Care to share?

Oh, you can probably foster a few guesses.

GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #50 on: March 02, 2016, 04:47:14 PM »

With whom and why would you be discussing Jarmo's whereabouts outside this board?  nervous

On topic:  Congrats to AiC for scoring these gigs!  ok

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #51 on: March 02, 2016, 04:47:35 PM »

Care to share?

No, I really can't.
I'd love to hear the theories.

/jarmo

crash_diet
Rocker

"...too stupid to leave with nothing to loose..."

« Reply #52 on: March 02, 2016, 05:25:40 PM »

Axl and Slash on the same stage after 23 years...
I d sell my car/home/kidney to be in vegas thst night...
Even if the support act was Britney Spears, singing sick on drugs.. hihi rofl
And we are seriously talking about this???

PS: i suggested selling smth like our car, to my wife and although she thought about it for a sec, she told i m nuts..i m sleeping on the couch now.. hihi rofl

This i love -------> Prostitute
...a shot of vitamin C and a bottle of booze...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #53 on: March 02, 2016, 05:31:51 PM »

Axl and Slash on the same stage after 23 years...
I d sell my car/home/kidney to be in vegas thst night...
Even if the support act was Britney Spears, singing sick on drugs.. hihi rofl
And we are seriously talking about this???

PS: i suggested selling smth like our car, to my wife and although she thought about it for a sec, she told i m nuts..i m sleeping on the couch now.. hihi rofl

Whenever I am making one of these arguments, I always tell the person to imagine it as their favorite thing, and be fair.

Basically, the closing argument in 'A Time To Kill'.

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #54 on: March 02, 2016, 08:34:46 PM »

AIC doesn't have much live shows lined up. Maybe we're looking at a longer stint with GN'R this summer.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #55 on: March 02, 2016, 10:24:49 PM »

Cool News

peace

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
--DEA--
Rocker

Try it!!

« Reply #56 on: March 03, 2016, 03:08:50 AM »

Boring.. There are so much better bands out there. I don't like AIC at all..
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #57 on: March 03, 2016, 07:15:56 AM »

Boring.. There are so much better bands out there. I don't like AIC at all..

I'll have a word for you. See if we can get the opening band changed.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #58 on: March 03, 2016, 04:09:46 PM »

AIC doesn't have much live shows lined up. Maybe we're looking at a longer stint with GN'R this summer.

Yeah I was thinking about that today actually.  They really seem to be a perfect support act for a stadium tour.  A very well known band with songs lots of people love, but definitely not an arena level band on their own anymore, although they are close.  They can still play decent size venues and be high on the bill for festivals which is a very hard thing for a band that has been around for so long to do. 

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #59 on: March 04, 2016, 08:38:54 AM »

Care to share?

No, I really can't.
I'd love to hear the theories.

Seems awfully quiet...

What happened to all those secret theories?

/jarmo

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: