Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 23, 2024, 03:54:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Alice in chains opening vegas
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Alice in chains opening vegas  (Read 11367 times)
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2016, 01:14:23 PM »

My dream came true. This is phenomenal

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2016, 01:22:03 PM »

Anyone know where the announcement came from initially? I know it was confirmed by GNR twitter, but the original story? Wonder who announced it?

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2016, 01:27:48 PM »

Very cool news, I'm definitely looking forward!

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2016, 01:37:04 PM »

Great news!

AiC last played with GN'R at the 2013 RiverCity Rockfest.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
gnrrock
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2016, 01:44:00 PM »

Great opener for already sold out shows in Vegas. Wasn't expecting this. Nice addition.
aaronjcurtis
Headliner

« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2016, 02:03:16 PM »

God-damn. That's amazing. If I'd known that I would have gotten tickets. Great band.
Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2016, 02:27:48 PM »

I love it!!  love
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2016, 02:31:53 PM »

God-damn. That's amazing. If I'd known that I would have gotten tickets. Great band.

Seeing GNR for the first time in 20 plus years with Slash and Duff wasn't enough incentive?

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2016, 03:00:14 PM »

Seeing GNR for the first time in 20 plus years with Slash and Duff wasn't enough incentive?

Yeah, kinda weird to put that much weight on who the opening act is. And the person is posting on a GN'R fan site...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2016, 03:13:02 PM »

I also seen AIC open for Velvet Revolver in Toronto and they were awesome

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2016, 03:13:43 PM »

AIC was awesome when I saw them open for VR.  hihi

Great opening act...would be perfect for the potential stadium tour as well. peace

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2016, 03:18:29 PM »

Yeah, kinda weird to put that much weight on who the opening act is. And the person is posting on a GN'R fan site...

For shame, for shame.  50 lashes for Agent Mulder here.  Some "fan", amirite??

Or...maybe...just maybe, he (or anyone) might have had an easier time justifying spending like a grand if he was seeing 1 band he liked and 1 band he loved, as opposed to 1 he loved and who the fuck knows who else.

Perhaps that would have been an easier call to make, had this not been announced weeks after the show was long sold out.

But all that speculation is irresponsible and dangerous. 

What's really important is that we question his fandom.  Let's not lose sight of the mission here, folks.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2016, 03:27:58 PM »

I've seen them at Gods Of Metal in 2006, same day of gnr...fuck 11 years ago already..still had my hair  Roll Eyes Nice times & memories  peace
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2016, 03:36:38 PM »

For shame, for shame.  50 lashes for Agent Mulder here.  Some "fan", amirite??

What's really important is that we question his fandom.  Let's not lose sight of the mission here, folks.

No, you are NOT right.  If Mulder posted that on an AiC fan site, you would have been correct.

As JAEBALL and Jarmo pointed out, "the mission" as you call it is GNR fans discussing on a GNR fan site about seeing GNR shows that Slash and Duff will be rejoining Axl onstage for the first time in over 20 years.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2016, 03:46:59 PM »

Semantics: The Motion Picture - Starring GypsySoul.  Coming soon to a theater near you!
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2016, 03:53:04 PM »

No, you are NOT right.  If Mulder posted that on an AiC fan site, you would have been correct.

As JAEBALL and Jarmo pointed out, "the mission" as you call it is GNR fans discussing on a GNR fan site about seeing GNR shows that Slash and Duff will be rejoining Axl onstage for the first time in over 20 years.

Yeah, wasn't really talking to JAEBALL.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2016, 03:53:22 PM »

Semantics: The Motion Picture - Starring GypsySoul.  Coming soon to a theater near you!

Hahaha, pretty much.

GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2016, 03:53:33 PM »

And what D-GenerationX posted wasn't semantics about what constitutes being a GNR fan?  Roll Eyes

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2016, 03:56:51 PM »

And what D-GenerationX posted wasn't semantics about what constitutes being a GNR fan?  Roll Eyes

Correct.

It was not.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2016, 04:00:36 PM »

Of course not. Mr Right is never wrong.
Especially when he's just looking for another argument when there's none to be had.
What's really important is to question this person's lack of logic.  ok

For the record, nobody was question anybody's "fandom". Only wondering how AiC can hold so much weight over the ticket buying decision. Considering the event itself is the first shows with Axl, Duff and Slash on the same stage since 1993. That's not enough? Well, I'm glad there's AiC to make the decision easier. Smiley

Now back to the regular whining about my posts courtesy of Mr Right and his high opinion of himself.

/jarmo

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: