Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 07:14:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228122 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  DJ Ashba talks Axl Rose
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DJ Ashba talks Axl Rose  (Read 19142 times)
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2016, 05:03:34 PM »

I'm only chiming in because some people seem to be thinking that DJ is going out of the way to use the GNR name for self promotion.   I won't get into any specifics, but  Sixx:AM has done a media blitz the past week doing several interviews, and a friend of mine was involved in one of the interviews with Sixx:AM.  They were told ahead of time by Sixx AM's people "No GNR Questions."  Hopefully that will put to rest this notion that DJ is going out of his way to bring up GNR.  I can't speak for any of the other interviews they did, but in this instance GNR was off limits.  They want to focus on their new double album and tour, that is what they are promoting.  This is also not a strange thing that people should read into.  It is very common for publicists to give a list to keep the conversation in line with what the band is promoting.

Annie
« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2016, 05:14:18 PM »

I'm only chiming in because some people seem to be thinking that DJ is going out of the way to use the GNR name for self promotion.   I won't get into any specifics, but  Sixx:AM has done a media blitz the past week doing several interviews, and a friend of mine was involved in one of the interviews with Sixx:AM.  They were told ahead of time by Sixx AM's people "No GNR Questions."  Hopefully that will put to rest this notion that DJ is going out of his way to bring up GNR.  I can't speak for any of the other interviews they did, but in this instance GNR was off limits.  They want to focus on their new double album and tour, that is what they are promoting.  This is also not a strange thing that people should read into.  It is very common for publicists to give a list to keep the conversation in line with what the band is promoting.

Unless you are willing to say which interview I have to take what you say with a healthy dose of skepticism.   Jenny is a vivacious gal who is well known from her stint on the View.  DJ could have answered her question by saying just that.  I'm
Here to talk about SIXX Am and not Axl Rose.  Just saying ...
Furthermore I think it is kinda callous for someone like Jenny who has a son with autism. And DJ who claims to be all
Against bullying to rate somebody on the Kanye scale   Kinda insensitive and hypocritical. 
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 05:24:16 PM by Little EMO Annie » Logged
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2016, 07:08:53 PM »

My question is, if he only chose to talk about SixxAM would he be getting as much attention and interest?

Of course not.

GN'R is a much bigger and well-known name than Sixx:AM. But he was a part of GN'R, it's part of DJ's history as a musician and as a person. It would be different if he name-dropped GN'R or Axl without having any real connection with the subject.

Let's say he chose to say "no comment" to the question he got in this particular interview. Would that be a better solution and fare better with the GN'R fans? We know Axl's got a reputation when it comes to the subject asked about, however real that reputation is ? there is a reputation.

If DJ had said "no comment", this would in my mind have fueled that reputation in a negative direction, even if DJ's intentions weren't so. It suggests there's something you want to hide. Instead he gave a straight up answer that portrays Axl more positively. I can't say I would have preferred DJ to handle this any differently.

I'm sure if he had said "no comment", the headlines would still be there, albeit they would be negative ? "DJ Ashba refuses to answer questions on Axl Rose". It invites the reader to make their own conclusions, and I think we all know where most people would go.... his reputation.

Most people haven't collected different pieces of the puzzle that is Axl Rose over many years ? to know that his reputation is a very unfair one. I think DJ helps with that here, he's giving most people a piece of the puzzle they might not have seen before. It's a good thing.

I'm actually aware of those facts about most people's incorrect perception of Axl- Thanks!  Roll Eyes

Your examples and explanation was so enlightening.

It was a neat trick that they brought up Axl AND Kanye, I'm sure that got a lot of clicks and attention for Ashba.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 07:11:59 PM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2016, 08:31:23 PM »

I'm actually aware of those facts about most people's incorrect perception of Axl- Thanks!  Roll Eyes

I don't even know why I respond to your posts... such nice and to-the-point comebacks (see, I can be sarcastic too ok). You didn't address the actual point I was making.

Just my take on a hypothetical, sorry if I over-explained it.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2016, 10:07:16 PM »

I don't even know why I respond to your posts... such nice and to-the-point comebacks (see, I can be sarcastic too ok). You didn't address the actual point I was making.

Just my take on a hypothetical, sorry if I over-explained it.

I think anyone can concoct "If-then" scenarios to support whatever position they choose, I prefer facts.

Fact is mentioning Axl and Kanye in the same interview was bound to get attention and hits, and it is still funny they are more interested in GNR and Axl more than anything going on in Sixxam.

"Shut the fuck up."
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2016, 10:12:08 PM »

I think anyone can concoct "If-then" scenarios to support whatever position they choose, I prefer facts.

Your open question posed was:

My question is, if he only chose to talk about SixxAM would he be getting as much attention and interest?

Aren't you inviting people to speculate here? You're asking a question, don't get all evasive if you happen to get an answer.

Sweetness is a virtue
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #46 on: March 02, 2016, 10:18:59 PM »

Aren't you inviting people to speculate here? You're asking a question, don't get all evasive if you happen to get an answer.

No evasive action taken- it was actually a rhetorical question- no real need to answer the obvious, Duh.

A rhetorical question is asked just for effect or to lay emphasis on some point discussed when no real answer is expected. A rhetorical question may have an obvious answer but the questioner asks rhetorical questions to lay emphasis to the point.

"Shut the fuck up."
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #47 on: March 02, 2016, 10:21:37 PM »

No evasive action taken- it was actually a rhetorical question- no real need to answer the obvious, Duh.

My scenario proposed it wasn't obvious.

If Dj had declined to answer GN'R questions on the air, there's a good chance that would've created headlines. And those wouldn't have been positive.

Sweetness is a virtue
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #48 on: March 03, 2016, 02:40:01 AM »

Unless you are willing to say which interview I have to take what you say with a healthy dose of skepticism. 

Why would Bodhi lie. It makes total sense.  To most people.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Annie
« Reply #49 on: March 03, 2016, 12:10:54 PM »

I am always wary of posts that are not backed up with. Actual evidence. 
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 12:40:00 PM by Little EMO Annie » Logged
Annie
« Reply #50 on: March 03, 2016, 12:13:12 PM »

If Dj had declined to answer GN'R questions on the air, there's a good chance that would've created headlines. And those wouldn't have been positive.

That depends on how he handled the question.  All he had to say was a simple statement.   I am grateful for my time with GNR.  But I want to discuss SIXX am. 
poorlakers
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #51 on: March 03, 2016, 12:40:17 PM »

Kids!

Poorlakers
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #52 on: March 03, 2016, 01:11:08 PM »

That depends on how he handled the question.  All he had to say was a simple statement.   I am grateful for my time with GNR.  But I want to discuss SIXX am. 

Sure, it depends on how he had handled it.

He could still have said "no comment", not thinking much about it.

Saying "I am grateful for my time with GNR" is after all a statement. Pretty good chance that would have generated some articles, and again he's being accused of name-dropping for self promotion.

Sweetness is a virtue
Annie
« Reply #53 on: March 03, 2016, 01:51:52 PM »

Sure, it depends on how he had handled it.

He could still have said "no comment", not thinking much about it.

Saying "I am grateful for my time with GNR" is after all a statement. Pretty good chance that would have generated some articles, and again he's being accused of name-dropping for self promotion.
People do not have to agree with me but I do think in that particular interview with Jenny that DJ was using his past relationship with Axl and GNR for self promotion.  His words rang hollow and insincere to me. Hell I am just taking  INSPIRATION  FROM THEIR OWN WORDS.
A BIG PART of our message is and will always be finding hope in dark subject matters. Taking. Universal messages and rendering them in a way which people can ascribe their own meanings to and relate to their own life experiences.  I hope that people can see the truth about DJ. But I won't lose any sleep if people don't agree with me.
There are people in this world who will do anything for fame. Even if it's just fame by proxy.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 01:57:20 PM by Little EMO Annie » Logged
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #54 on: March 03, 2016, 02:01:45 PM »

The truth you say, but it's the truth in your mind, right?

We have different opinions on the matter, no problem.

Sweetness is a virtue
Annie
« Reply #55 on: March 03, 2016, 02:12:26 PM »

Quote from: Spirit link=topic=67109.msg1418348#msg1418348 idate=1457031705
The truth you say, but it's the truth in your mind, right?

We have different opinions on the matter, no problem.
I am totally cool with us agreeing to disagree.  Like I saId I was inspired to speak up by SIXXAM themselves.  hihi
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #56 on: March 03, 2016, 10:36:05 PM »

Point stands that it is obvious that they would rather hear about Axl and GNR than anything regarding Sixxam.

"Shut the fuck up."
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #57 on: March 03, 2016, 11:11:13 PM »

Point stands that it is obvious that they would rather hear about Axl and GNR than anything regarding Sixxam.

I never disputed that.

I just pointed out that if DJ had declined to answer GNR questions, live on the air, it would also create headlines - probably negative ones.

Sweetness is a virtue
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #58 on: March 04, 2016, 09:25:19 AM »

I just pointed out that if DJ had declined to answer GNR questions, live on the air, it would also create headlines - probably negative ones.

I agree.  It just draws more attention, invites follow up, and worst case scenario speculation.

People are long conditioned to believe Axl is a tyrant.  They don't need to be given much of an opening for people to say "yeah, not surprised."

Which, frankly, would only lead to some people around here freaking out.  If anything, DJ is not allowing that to happen. 

Isn't that a good thing?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Annie
« Reply #59 on: March 04, 2016, 09:36:07 AM »

I agree.  It just draws more attention, invites follow up, and worst case scenario speculation.

People are long conditioned to believe Axl is a tyrant.  They don't need to be given much of an opening for people to say "yeah, not surprised."

Which, frankly, would only lead to some people around here freaking out.  If anything, DJ is not allowing that to happen. 

Isn't that a good thing?
It truly boggles my mind that people can't see that DJ talking about Axl is purely for self promotion. Someone who truly cherished being part of Axl's inner circle would respect that Axl is a very private person and keep comments about him to a minimum. The fact that this interview took place on a day that DJ was releasing a new song is no coincidence.  I am sure that talking about Axl was not forbidden.  Otherwise it wouldn't have come up.  DJ is a master of PR.  The music industry is a cut throat business. And players gonna play play play.  Anything for a pay Day day. DJ has the freedom to do what he wants to further his career.  Even if it means trashing a friendship. Some of us can see behind the veil.   
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 09:42:36 AM by Little EMO Annie » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: