Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 06:58:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228122 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  DJ Ashba talks Axl Rose
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DJ Ashba talks Axl Rose  (Read 19140 times)
Annie
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2016, 06:01:57 PM »

The media has become a very shallow and destructive force in our society. It is a multi billion dollar industry onto itself.

But could you do without it?
Media can be great. We just can't let us manipulate us so much that we are blind to the truth. 
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2016, 06:04:49 PM »

The media has become a very shallow and destructive force in our society. It is a multi billion dollar industry onto itself.

Media can be great. We just can't let us manipulate us so much that we are blind to the truth. 

I honestly don't feel manipulated by what Dj said about Axl.

Going by what us outsiders are privy to of knowledge of Axl, I'd say his characterization of him fits right in with that. I think he answered the question he got honestly.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2016, 06:34:14 PM »

Going by what us outsiders are privy to of knowledge of Axl, I'd say his characterization of him fits right in with that. I think he answered the question he got honestly.

Couldn't agree more Spirit.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2016, 07:10:36 PM »

Absolutely loved the DJ era of GNR!! What a great lineup, saw them live several times.....
dmathski
Rocker

« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2016, 07:49:18 PM »

He was a good employee  Tongue

August 3, 1991  Inglewood, CA. The Forum

September 30, 1992    San Diego, CA. Jack Murphy Stadium

December 31, 2001  Las Vegas, NV. The Joint

August 22, 2016 San Diego, CA. Qualcomm Sstadium
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2016, 10:12:28 PM »

You only get them to manipulate you if you let them by getting narrow minded by the ones with an agenda. The best way to consume media/press is to get more than one source with different sides/opinions anyways.

The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2016, 03:25:35 AM »

This self promotion notion is BS, I'm with Spirit, he gets answered questions into print, and if they are on GnR there is a bigger chance of that happening.  He has a duty to himself and those he works with and those in his personal life to forge a living, but I don't think its done via an agenda. I'd say he'd just love it to be Sixx AM questions only, but is realistic enough to his history will garner questions about his time in currently hot topic band. Face value is often an under-rated or misunderstood notion and I genuinely believe that DJ currently is an exponent of this.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2016, 07:13:03 AM »

The flip side of all this "self promotion" talk, is the fact that he's asked about Axl and GN'R.
What does that say? It pretty much says loud and clear that people would rather ask at least one question about Axl and/or GN'R, than one more about another subject.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2016, 07:20:46 AM »

The flip side of all this "self promotion" talk, is the fact that he's asked about Axl and GN'R.
What does that say? It pretty much says loud and clear that people would rather ask at least one question about Axl and/or GN'R, than one more about another subject.....

Yeah, it's only natural he'll get these questions.

Guns N' Roses is without a doubt the biggest thing to happen in DJ's career so far.

Sweetness is a virtue
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2016, 08:02:36 AM »

he's a cool guy and just answers the questions asked. the funny (and bizarre) thing is, that he's the only guy who was ever a member of GNR, who publicly talks about the band. the rest must have a gag order, or are so tired that they don't want to talk about that anymore? strange.

Annie
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2016, 08:14:31 AM »

/jarmo

Very wise words. That being said the new SIXX Am song RISE was not my cup of tea.  I would actually like those 4 minutes of my life back  hihi
Ringoturtle
Headliner

« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2016, 08:16:52 AM »

yeah right. what can he do? well he could say "no GNR related questions please". but why would he?

All my statements represent MY OPINION. If not, I'll say so by posting references or the like
Annie
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2016, 08:19:19 AM »

he's a cool guy and just answers the questions asked. the funny (and bizarre) thing is, that he's the only guy who was ever a member of GNR, who publicly talks about the band. the rest must have a gag order, or are so tired that they don't want to talk about that anymore? strange.
Look the thing that makes me kinda sad about the whole thing is that he said he was part of Axl's very tight inner circle. I have never met Axl but I do know that he is a very private and loyal person.  DJ could just downplay the questions and not give such over the top answers.  Just my .02 . When  Baz gushes the love seems real. Maybe it's cuz Baz was a huge rock star on his own and their friendship was more of equals.  
Annie
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2016, 08:20:19 AM »

yeah right. what can he do? well he could say "no GNR related questions please". but why would he?
Yes he could. He won't say no GNR related questions cuz his music is not in the same league as GNR   If it were truly great and innovative like the musical HAMILTON he wouldn't have to name drop Axl and GNR   I saw the video of where The star and creator of HAMILTON took a huge leap of faith and decided to perform a number from HAmILTon at the White House.  He was supposed to do another song. He was very nervous but EVERYBODY including the Obamas were spellbound.  This was on 60 minutes.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 08:28:50 AM by Little EMO Annie » Logged
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2016, 09:22:37 AM »

Well, obviously he doesn't have to.

But the fact that these people doing the interviews would rather hear him talk about Axl/GN'R than something else, says a lot about the interest in the subject....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2016, 09:25:34 AM »

My question is, if he only chose to talk about SixxAM would he be getting as much attention and interest?

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
Factory Girl
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2016, 10:20:36 AM »

Come on!

It doesn't matter if is he's being honest or not - and we will never know that for sure. What matters is that he is a classy guy and even if he had any issues with Axl at some point, he's not saying any bulshit in the media just to make headlines. So it's quite the opposite actually. He's being grateful for the opportunity and of course doesn't want to shut any doors in the future. He also has no reason to not talk about Axl and it's not that he's writing a book about him, he's just answering one question. He was in a band with one of the greatest frontman of all time, of course people will ask about that!

Trunk talks about everything. Because GNR is also a big subject right now he gets a lot of questions about the band, since everyone knows how good his realationship with the guys is. He's just writing/speaking about a subject that is big right now exactly like every other site/magazine. Since when it became a bad thing that the media actually cares about your favourite band?!? I don't get what the issue is here.
Of course he wants to interview them. Every other music journalist wants the same. I would love to do that and I'm not even a journalist for christ sake!
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2016, 11:02:28 AM »

My question is, if he only chose to talk about SixxAM would he be getting as much attention and interest?

Of course not.

GN'R is a much bigger and well-known name than Sixx:AM. But he was a part of GN'R, it's part of DJ's history as a musician and as a person. It would be different if he name-dropped GN'R or Axl without having any real connection with the subject.

Let's say he chose to say "no comment" to the question he got in this particular interview. Would that be a better solution and fare better with the GN'R fans? We know Axl's got a reputation when it comes to the subject asked about, however real that reputation is ? there is a reputation.

If DJ had said "no comment", this would in my mind have fueled that reputation in a negative direction, even if DJ's intentions weren't so. It suggests there's something you want to hide. Instead he gave a straight up answer that portrays Axl more positively. I can't say I would have preferred DJ to handle this any differently.

I'm sure if he had said "no comment", the headlines would still be there, albeit they would be negative ? "DJ Ashba refuses to answer questions on Axl Rose". It invites the reader to make their own conclusions, and I think we all know where most people would go.... his reputation.

Most people haven't collected different pieces of the puzzle that is Axl Rose over many years ? to know that his reputation is a very unfair one. I think DJ helps with that here, he's giving most people a piece of the puzzle they might not have seen before. It's a good thing.

Sweetness is a virtue
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2016, 02:09:31 PM »

It depends on the context of the situation. Ice Cube was very classy.. Trunk wants an interview to drive business to his podcast. And he somehow feels entilted to that interview. DJ has a new song coming out today.
So going by this logic, Izzy is just using the upcoming GNR2016 tour - that he is currently NOT involved in - to get twitter followers for himself and his own personal agenda?   

Damn you, Izzy!!!  You self-serving attention whore!!!  *gypsy shakes fist in the air @Izzy*

IZZY was a founding father. He is letting people know that he does not want to be involved at this time. Quite a different story.
So by your logic, you are okay with anything Steven has to say about Axl or GNR because he was there at the beginning? But to you, anything DJ says about Axl or GNR is disingenuous and only for him to self-promote because he wasn't original member of GNR?

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Annie
« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2016, 02:39:26 PM »

It depends on the context of the situation. Ice Cube was very classy.. Trunk wants an interview to drive business to his podcast. And he somehow feels entilted to that interview. DJ has a new song coming out today.
So going by this logic, Izzy is just using the upcoming GNR2016 tour - that he is currently NOT involved in - to get twitter followers for himself and his own personal agenda?   

Damn you, Izzy!!!  You self-serving attention whore!!!  *gypsy shakes fist in the air @Izzy*

IZZY was a founding father. He is letting people know that he does not want to be involved at this time. Quite a different story.
So by your logic, you are okay with anything Steven has to say about Axl or GNR because he was there at the beginning? But to you, anything DJ says about Axl or GNR is disingenuous and only for him to self-promote because he wasn't original member of GNR?

I think I have made it pretty clear that I despise Stevie.  This is a free country.  DJ can do what he wants.  I'm
Just disappointed thAt  he's not the guy I thought he was.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: