Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 18, 2024, 07:51:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228077 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  [CONFIRMED] Izzy talks: Not involved with GN'R at this point
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: [CONFIRMED] Izzy talks: Not involved with GN'R at this point  (Read 58463 times)
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #120 on: February 24, 2016, 08:20:44 PM »

The two latest tweets from Andy Greene:
I don't know who this is.  I don't know who chopaway is either.
They don't appear to have a "pick up the phone to say hey" kind of relationship with Izzy so why would I care or believe them either way?

Not that it matters.  I personally am fine with Izzy showing up if/when he so chooses.  I think most fans feel the same and over the years have come to accept this too.  Izzy being Izzy.

Also, I think if you showed casual GNR fans a pic of GNR2016 with Richard standing on Axl's right and Slash & Duff on his left, 75% would probably make the comment that Izzy hasn't aged in 20 years!  hihi

Andy Greene works for Rolling Stone magazine. If he ends up confirming, it can be trusted.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #121 on: February 24, 2016, 08:38:30 PM »

Andy Greene works for Rolling Stone magazine. If he ends up confirming, it can be trusted.
Okay but I don't understand why that should make him trustworthy on this.  Does he have a personal connection to Izzy?  And if he does, what's taking him so long to confirm or deny this?

What I'm trying to say is that there are too many people inside the GNR camp (whose names we would all recognize as such) that I would want to hear from before believing this is really Izzy's twitter.

Not that it matters either way really.

Just don't like the thought that someone is using Izzy's name to dupe the fans or to make themselves appear more inside than they actually are.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #122 on: February 24, 2016, 08:45:25 PM »

I'm not honestly sure what to believe, would like to hear from a trusted and reliable source before I believe this full on.

"Won't get fooled again"- the Who.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #123 on: February 24, 2016, 08:47:24 PM »

Okay but I don't understand why that should make him trustworthy on this.  Does he have a personal connection to Izzy?  And if he does, what's taking him so long to confirm or deny this?

No personal connection, but as a professional he would know the proper methods of confirming.

Sweetness is a virtue
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #124 on: February 24, 2016, 08:51:43 PM »

No personal connection, but as a professional he would know the proper methods of confirming.
RS isn't exactly the WSJ.  (Not that the WSJ is the WSJ anymore either.)

Has Slash or Duff followed this Izzy999 twitter?  If not, IMO that's a telling sign.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #125 on: February 24, 2016, 09:01:55 PM »

RS isn't exactly the WSJ.  (Not that the WSJ is the WSJ anymore either.)

Has Slash or Duff followed this Izzy999 twitter?  If not, IMO that's a telling sign.

Rolling Stone has done some mistakes in the past yes.

But I can't see that there's any chance Rolling Stone will run with a story coming from a fake twitter account. It's amateurish.

Slash doesn't follow Duff either.

Sweetness is a virtue
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #126 on: February 24, 2016, 09:11:40 PM »

But I can't see that there's any chance Rolling Stone will run with a story coming from a fake twitter account. It's amateurish.
I just find it unusual that it would take them so long to confirm or deny this.

Slash doesn't follow Duff either.
Shocked  So Slash is confirming that Duff's twitter is fake??!!??
Guess we're going to have to wait for confirmation from Axl's cat's twitter. hihi

It does surprise me that they don't follow each other.

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #127 on: February 24, 2016, 09:17:44 PM »

I just find it unusual that it would take them so long to confirm or deny this.

The obvious hurdle is no personal connection from before.

I'm no journalist, but if I had to guess I think they have to go through other known and trusted sources who can get to Izzy for a confirmation. It will take longer.

Sweetness is a virtue
GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #128 on: February 24, 2016, 10:01:47 PM »

Does anyone know if Izzy has ever talked about his relationship with Axl lets say from 2000 and on when you had this NuGnr lineup. My reason for asking is if there is any of the original AFD5 that i feel axl would have been most likely in contact with in the last 16 years it would be izzy and seeing as izzy has performed with axl in the last 10 years im sure Axl knows exactly where izzy stands in regards to this current tour and any potential future recording. So have just a little patience and once the tour gets under way everyone will know just exactly what izzys role will be or won't be in this.
Princess Leia
« Reply #129 on: February 25, 2016, 02:14:25 AM »

What I'm trying to say is that there are too many people inside the GNR camp (whose names we would all recognize as such) that I would want to hear from before believing this is really Izzy's twitter.

Not that it matters either way really.

Just don't like the thought that someone is using Izzy's name to dupe the fans or to make themselves appear more inside than they actually are.

When Izzy opened his account he send a tweet to this RS assitant editor saying he was also sending him an email. But the guy never got any email from Izzy. He kept sending Izzy more tweets  asking about that email. He even sent Izzy other RS twitter/email accounts and his own phone number. But he never heard from Izzy again.

So  it's odd that Izzy started the whole thing sending a tweet to this guy. Telling him he was also sending him email that the guy never got. Nor he has heard from Izzy again.

Andy Greene is an assistant editor at RS magazine. So he is in a position to contact people and get answers
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #130 on: February 25, 2016, 07:48:11 AM »

Andy Greene
‏@greeneandy
@JustinTHW There have been minor developments, but I don't want to share them until I know what's happening for sure. Sorry to be vague.

Sweetness is a virtue
stephan
Headliner

« Reply #131 on: February 25, 2016, 02:02:50 PM »

new tweet

"we are waiting on verification from Twitter
Izzy"
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #132 on: February 25, 2016, 02:20:45 PM »

We are waiting on verification from Twitter . "Be patient,can take a while" according to their website .
Izzy

[twitter url="https://twitter.com/IzzyStradlin999/status/702926797407518720"]

"Shut the fuck up."
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #133 on: February 25, 2016, 02:24:50 PM »

new tweet

Izzy"

Again, please be very careful what you believe.  Saying "waiting on verification" can just be a stalling tactic.

From Twitter:  Most celebs don't petition Twitter for a verified badge by themselves; they have an agent do it for them. Hiring an agent will lend your "public figure" status more legitimacy, especially if you can find an agency with prior connections to Twitter.

Plus anyone can fake an email address like izzystradlin999@gmail.com or @icloud.com or  some other 'hotmail' type service.

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #134 on: February 25, 2016, 02:35:46 PM »

new tweet

Izzy"

Again, please be very careful what you believe.  Saying "waiting on verification" can just be a stalling tactic.

From Twitter:  Most celebs don't petition Twitter for a verified badge by themselves; they have an agent do it for them. Hiring an agent will lend your "public figure" status more legitimacy, especially if you can find an agency with prior connections to Twitter.

Plus anyone can fake an email address like izzystradlin999@gmail.com or @icloud.com or  some other 'hotmail' type service.

I don't think the name in the e-mail address is their big qualification.

If it gets verified, we can trust that.

Sweetness is a virtue
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #135 on: February 25, 2016, 02:48:33 PM »

I believe they try to verify it by the celebrity's OFFICIAL website but since Izzy doesn't have that, I don't know what other means of verification they use.

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #136 on: February 25, 2016, 02:53:39 PM »

http://www.wsj.com/articles/BL-SEB-64158

https://www.quora.com/How-do-social-networking-websites-like-Facebook-and-Twitter-verify-celebrity-pages-accounts

"Shut the fuck up."
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #137 on: February 25, 2016, 02:57:27 PM »

I believe they try to verify it by the celebrity's OFFICIAL website but since Izzy doesn't have that, I don't know what other means of verification they use.

Full contact information and photo of an ID I believe.

Sweetness is a virtue
Kasanova King
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #138 on: February 27, 2016, 08:45:46 PM »

Izzy apparently told Downliner (aka Chopaway) in an email that his tweet was intended to "have some fun with the fans" aka, he was basically getting a rise out of people...and it worked.

If you look at his initial tweets, he comes out and says stuff like "no longer avocado farming"  "wanted to update fans on the April gigs" "writing new music" and that "he just bought a computer"....all lighthearted stuff..... but wasn't involved in the April shows "at this point in time"....meaning if he really wanted to troll fans, he could have said it moments before signing on for the Vegas shows.

Odd sense of humor but Izzy has always had that sort of odd, recluse type of sense of humor....and that's very apparent in some of the lighter songs he's written.

I could totally see him tweeting that, then putting his phone down and signing on for Vegas.  If he wanted to get a rise out of people, that would be the way to do it.  lol

-KK
will (uk)
Opening Act

« Reply #139 on: February 27, 2016, 11:20:38 PM »

Izzy apparently told Downliner (aka Chopaway) in an email that his tweet was intended to "have some fun with the fans" aka, he was basically getting a rise out of people...and it worked.

Don't think thats what I said  ok I just think Izzy is trolling. I've not heard from Izz since he phoned me to confirm that his email hadn't been hacked  Smiley

Also why do I have different usernames on every GNR forum. Definitely seems to be confusing the issue because I see people saying that chopaway has confirmed downliners story, or will has confirmed chopaways story etc. It's still just little ol' me reporting Izzy news direct from the man himself like I have for the last 10 years but suddenly a lot more people seem to take notice, and analyse or question everything I say, just because it involves reunion rumors and not his (incredible) solo albums  Angry

downliner/chopaway/will/will (uk)  rofl
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 11:24:43 PM by will (uk) » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: