Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 21, 2024, 01:35:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228093 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  RUMOR: Slash reportedly recording for Guns N' Roses
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: RUMOR: Slash reportedly recording for Guns N' Roses  (Read 36059 times)
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #100 on: March 08, 2016, 01:00:47 PM »

Not to be a negative ass, but I don't really trust this article. It looks like a bunch of unsubstantiated speculations and wishes that "would make sense", but nothing more...
I hear you. in fact this COULD be a total bullshit. all that makes it at least remotely legit is the source, as MSL was right in the past, so this MIGHT be true again this time.
He wasn't always right in the past, tho. Also, he's likes the drama, so this is the perfect time for it.
yup, that's why I said "MIGHT" Wink this might be right, might be not. as usually in GNR world, rumors are only sometimes really true peace

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #101 on: March 08, 2016, 01:16:37 PM »

Do "best of" albums even make sense in 2016 for a band like GNR? I don't think so.  Their entire catalogue is already available digitally for anyone who wants it, not to mention the 2004 "Greatest Hits".

I think the next release is a single featuring Slash, leading to a new album.
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #102 on: March 08, 2016, 01:27:34 PM »

Slash, Robin, Buckethead and Bumblefoot together on the same tracks - yes, I consider that as a "best of"  peace

Nah... it would be mostly 87-91 stuff...

They wouldn't be playing on the same tracks either. I would only put 3-4 CD songs on a best of. No more.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #103 on: March 08, 2016, 01:29:49 PM »

Slash, Robin, Buckethead and Bumblefoot together on the same tracks - yes, I consider that as a "best of"  peace

They wouldn't be playing on the same tracks either. I would only put 3-4 CD songs on a best of. No more.

I think he's talking about the new tracks, and how Slash is allegedly recording guitar for the second half of Chinese.  I would imagine some rhythms and fills here and there from previous guitar players will remain on what will be the next release.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #104 on: March 08, 2016, 01:33:35 PM »

Do "best of" albums even make sense in 2016 for a band like GNR? I don't think so.  Their entire catalogue is already available digitally for anyone who wants it, not to mention the 2004 "Greatest Hits".

Oh, I'm with you. 

A single on iTunes for $1.29 makes more sense to me than asking people to buy what is probably their third copy of 'Welcome To The Jungle' and 'November Rain'.

But that option has been out there for years now.  For whatever reason, the GNR camp doesn't seem interested in it.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #105 on: March 08, 2016, 01:35:39 PM »

I would put one, 'Better'.  Maybe, *maybe* 'Chinese Democracy' as well.

I happen to think 'There Was A Time' and 'IRS' are better songs than both of them, but then you are getting into album cuts.

'Better' and 'Chinese Democracy' were at least singles.  Even if the next time any of us hear them on a radio station will be the first time.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #106 on: March 08, 2016, 01:38:52 PM »

Oh, I'm with you. 

A single on iTunes for $1.29 makes more sense to me than asking people to buy what is probably their third copy of 'Welcome To The Jungle' and 'November Rain'.

But that option has been out there for years now.  For whatever reason, the GNR camp doesn't seem interested in it.

That's my point, exactly.  The fans already have all these songs on our respective electronic devices, vinyl etc. The only track I'd purchase is something "new".

And I'll tell ya, if having Slash and Duff back in the fold doesn't motivate Axl to put out new music, nothing will.  NOTHING. WILL.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #107 on: March 08, 2016, 01:44:08 PM »

I don't really think any new music is forthcoming.

If it is, its because Slash and Duff were so enthused by what they heard, they push him on it.

Left to his own devices, he's not putting anything else out.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #108 on: March 08, 2016, 01:47:01 PM »

That's my point, exactly.  The fans already have all these songs on our respective electronic devices, vinyl etc. The only track I'd purchase is something "new".

Yet the old albums, including Greatest Hits, keep selling. So who's buying them since all of us have the songs already?

My point is, just because you or I might not be the target audience for a specific release, doesn't mean there isn't one.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #109 on: March 08, 2016, 01:47:41 PM »

'Better' and 'Chinese Democracy' were at least singles.  Even if the next time any of us hear them on a radio station will be the first time.

'Chinese Democracy' was actually in quite heavy rotation on the radio in the time leading up to the album release.

It fizzled out after that though.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #110 on: March 08, 2016, 01:48:49 PM »

Left to his own devices, he's not putting anything else out.

Yeah, and I would agree. I would imagine having Slash and Duff involved on new music would have them shoulder some of the weight as far as reception is concerned.  As in, Axl will not be the sole target of the media, fans, etc.

But it's hard to say.  The last time Slash & Duff were involved, it was a democracy of sorts.  I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that they likely have very little say in whether Guns puts out a record, be it them recording on Chinese 2 or otherwise.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 01:52:52 PM by sofine11 » Logged
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #111 on: March 08, 2016, 01:50:36 PM »

Yet the old albums, including Greatest Hits, keep selling. So who's buying them since all of us have the songs already?

My point is, just because you or I might not be the target audience for a specific release, doesn't mean there isn't one.

You'd have to trick up another batch though.  There would have to be something different.

A new song or three would be the best way, obviously.

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #112 on: March 08, 2016, 01:52:12 PM »

/jarmo

You could be right.  But I guess that's one of my points.  There's already a pretty well known Guns greatest hits album out there, that still does well to a degree.  

Also, you have to consider that it's initial success was due to physical copies being snatched up in stores in 2004/2005 when it was new.  As we all know, that's a diminishing market.  And if the only sales are coming digitally, well, they're already there.

I can see some vinyl remasters, like what Metallica is doing, but that's a niche market.  
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #113 on: March 08, 2016, 01:52:58 PM »

Yeah, and I would agree. I would imagine having Slash and Duff involved on new music would have them shoulder some of the weight as far as reception in concerned.  As in, Axl will not be the sole target of the media, fans, etc.

But it's hard to say.  The last time Slash & Duff were involved, it was a democracy of sorts.  I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that they likely have very little say in whether Guns puts out a record, be it them recording on Chinese 2 or otherwise.

True.  

But he might at least listen to them.  I kind of always pictured him making the jerking off motion anytime Ron or DJ would broach this subject.

Another way to look at it is that Axl might be...I don't now, flattered?  Is that the word?  Maybe validated is a better one.  But I'm talking about him perhaps being a bit more motivated to get moving on it if Slash and Duff tell him they really like what they hear.

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #114 on: March 08, 2016, 01:57:09 PM »

Yeah, and I would agree. I would imagine having Slash and Duff involved on new music would have them shoulder some of the weight as far as reception in concerned.  As in, Axl will not be the sole target of the media, fans, etc.

True.  

But he might at least listen to them.  I kind of always pictured him making the jerking off motion anytime Ron or DJ would broach this subject.

Another way to look at it is that Axl might be...I don't now, flattered?  Is that the word?  Maybe validated is a better one.  But I'm talking about him perhaps being a bit more motivated to get moving on it if Slash and Duff tell him they really like what they hear.

We've heard the phrase "lack of support" from the label being thrown around a shit ton since late 2008.  If that's been what's hindering Axl from going forward with the next album, I would imagine having Slash and Duff back shoots that excuse to hell. 

What Universal/Geffen/Interscope exec isn't pounding on Axl's door in Malibu as we speak asking for a new record?  If not, they deserve to be dick-slapped immediately.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #115 on: March 08, 2016, 01:59:01 PM »

You could be right.  But I guess that's one of my points.  There's already a pretty well known Guns greatest hits album out there, that still does well to a degree.  

Also, you have to consider that it's initial success was due to physical copies being snatched up in stores in 2004/2005 when it was new.  As we all know, that's a diminishing market.  And if the only sales are coming digitally, well, they're already there.

There's bands with less hits than GN'R, who have multiple compilations out.
You put a new package out, mix up the track list and voila, a new release....

Suddenly people walk into Walmart and there's a GN'R cd in the new releases section....

That kind of stuff is something people often disregard.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #116 on: March 08, 2016, 02:01:59 PM »

There's bands with less hits than GN'R, who have multiple compilations out.
You put a new package out, mix up the track list and voila, a new release....

Suddenly people walk into Walmart and there's a GN'R cd in the new releases section....

That kind of stuff is something people often disregard.

/jarmo

I guess an attractive prospect would be that this would be a "best of" that's handpicked by Slash, Axl and Duff this time around.  All three fought the 2004 release, might be interesting to see it done over a decade later on their terms.  Something tells me SFTD won't make the cut this time.  hihi
xxgunsxx
Headliner

« Reply #117 on: March 08, 2016, 02:02:48 PM »

http://www.alternativenation.net/slash-working-on-unreleased-guns-n-roses-chinese-democracy-songs/
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #118 on: March 08, 2016, 02:18:09 PM »

I guess an attractive prospect would be that this would be a "best of" that's handpicked by Slash, Axl and Duff this time around.  All three fought the 2004 release, might be interesting to see it done over a decade later on their terms.  Something tells me SFTD won't make the cut this time.  hihi

After they fought the 2004 release, there was a "Best Of" double album slated to be released in 2005.

I can only assume that Axl, Slash and Duff collaborated on the track list for the release.

It's been posted several times before, but anyways, here it is:

Track list:

CD 1:
1. Welcome To The Jungle
2. Mr. Brownstone
3. Sweet Child O' Mine
4. November Rain
5. Civil War
6. 14 Years
7. Used To Love Her
8. Out Ta Get Me
9. Down On The Farm
10. Perfect Crime
11. My Michelle
12. Coma
13. Move To The City
14. Nightrain
15. Live And Let Die
16. Don't Cry

CD 2:
1. It's So Easy
2. You Could Be Mine
3. Paradise City
4. Knockin' On Heaven's Door
5. Patience
6. Yesterdays
7. Pretty Tied Up
8. Black Leather
9. Double Talkin' Jive
10. Locomotive
11. Dead Horse
12. You're Crazy
13. Estranged
14. Rocket Queen

EDIT: Obviously, this was before Chinese, so it might look slightly different today.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #119 on: March 08, 2016, 02:20:37 PM »

That's a pretty solid tracklist.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: