Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 02:22:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228109 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  RUMOR: Slash reportedly recording for Guns N' Roses
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: RUMOR: Slash reportedly recording for Guns N' Roses  (Read 36219 times)
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #80 on: February 28, 2016, 07:40:50 PM »

I'm really happy about the news obviously, but I wish we got some sort of official thing soon.

I mean all we know is Axl Slash and Duff and Frank are in the band. We know they've booked 6 killer sold out shows, and a rumored 25 date stadium tour is in the works.

We know they are rehearsing without Axl and Slash is writing some new material. That is it. Which is awesome! I just would like something soon to clarify the plans.

As Gn'R fans we've been left in the dark a lot over the years. It would be cool to just have an idea of what is coming forth.

Best Of set? A Set the band actually wants out? Tour dates? New single? Something.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #81 on: February 29, 2016, 01:55:18 AM »

Always knew there would be a G'n'R reunion eventually ok
Yeah and you've got the screen name to prove it.   hihi

Thorned Rose
Legend

« Reply #82 on: February 29, 2016, 11:07:02 AM »

Always knew there would be a G'n'R reunion eventually ok
Yeah and you've got the screen name to prove it.   hihi

nice one. I personally didn't think it would happen ever, maybe when they were like in their mid 60s or something for just 1 tour.

With them being this young just early to mid 50s... they still got a few years left before it is ridiculous (Rolling Stones anyone)

But don't damn me
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #83 on: February 29, 2016, 11:51:52 AM »

Wonder what the chances are of a new song (or two) being debuted in Vegas.  One month away now.  Probably would be our best indicator as far as whether or not new music is going to coincide with the reunion tour.
adydas78
Headliner

« Reply #84 on: March 06, 2016, 06:00:13 PM »

I know if they'd put out now a Greatest Hits album with couple of new songs, lots of people and media will start screaming "money grab". I won't mind it though! A new compilation with new graphics and couple of new songs... The Stones did it with their GRRR album and no one said anything...

It's a bit late on the game though to put out anything...it's only one month until the first show...but still, one can only dream...
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #85 on: March 06, 2016, 06:26:03 PM »

I'm having someone take screenshots for me of this site and others on the 8th and 9th during the shows so I can go back and look at how crazy the internet went while I was at the shows  hihi

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #86 on: March 08, 2016, 08:49:02 AM »

http://www.alternativenation.net/slash-working-on-unreleased-guns-n-roses-chinese-democracy-songs/

The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #87 on: March 08, 2016, 09:38:17 AM »

Atlas Shrugged  drool
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #88 on: March 08, 2016, 09:39:48 AM »

Well, this is certainly what a lot of us think.

An unreleased CD era song or 2 with Slash and Duff on it on some sort of best of retrospective.

Still believe it when I see it, but its not impossible.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
zombux
Legend

« Reply #89 on: March 08, 2016, 09:55:33 AM »

so what songs do we have "confirmed"?

- Atlas Shrugged [allegedly heard by Classic Rock Magazine as reported in July 2007; confirmed by Tom Zutaut to Classic Rock Magazine in March 2008; confirmed by Axl during an online chat]
- Berlin (f/k/a Oklahoma) [first mentioned by Axl to Rolling Stone in January 2000; later mentioned by Guns N' Roses' management to All Star News in January 2001; later discussed by engineer Dave Dominguez in February 2005; confirmed by Axl during an online chat; name change confirmed by Axl during an online chat]
- Daddy Can The Devil Do Mommy And Me? [first mentioned by Axl during an online chat; later described by Axl as a possible solo song during an online chat]
- Down By The Ocean (a/k/a Down By The Sea) [first mentioned by Izzy Stradlin to Da Popular Magazine in 2001; confirmed by Axl during an online chat]
- Elvis Presley And The Monster Of Soul (a/k/a The Soul Monster a/k/a Soul Monster a/k/a Leave Me Alone) [first mentioned on composer Marco Beltrami's website in October 2002; confirmed by Axl during an online chat]
- The General [first mentioned on composer Marco Beltrami's website in October 2002; later mentioned by Sebastian Back to Metal Edge in November 2007; confirmed by Axl during an online chat]
- Ides Of March [first mentioned by engineer Dave Dominguez in February 2005; confirmed by Axl during an online chat]
- Quick Song [confirmed by Axl during an online chat]
- Seven [first mentioned on composer Marco Beltrami's website in October 2002; confirmed by Axl during an online chat]
- Thyme [first mentioned on composer Marco Beltrami's website in October 2002; confirmed by Axl during an online chat]
- Zodiac [confirmed by Axl during an online chat]

(compilation courtesy of Dark Globe @ CD.com forum)

HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #90 on: March 08, 2016, 10:00:44 AM »

Very Interesing

smoking

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
jamillos22
Rocker

« Reply #91 on: March 08, 2016, 11:12:29 AM »

Not to be a negative ass, but I don't really trust this article. It looks like a bunch of unsubstantiated speculations and wishes that "would make sense", but nothing more...

Hell has frozen over.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #92 on: March 08, 2016, 11:35:58 AM »

Not to be a negative ass, but I don't really trust this article. It looks like a bunch of unsubstantiated speculations and wishes that "would make sense", but nothing more...

I don't think you're alone.

A Twitter shot of him in the studio would go a damn sight further than a guy that heard from a guy, which is all this really is.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
zombux
Legend

« Reply #93 on: March 08, 2016, 11:46:51 AM »

I hear you. in fact this COULD be a total bullshit. all that makes it at least remotely legit is the source, as MSL was right in the past, so this MIGHT be true again this time.

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #94 on: March 08, 2016, 12:01:20 PM »

Atlas Shrugged  drool

Atlas Shrugged and The General, the lyrical "sequel" to Estranged.  Only fitting that Slash plays on both.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #95 on: March 08, 2016, 12:28:09 PM »

I don't think you're alone.

A Twitter shot of him in the studio would go a damn sight further than a guy that heard from a guy, which is all this really is.

Exactly, I've learned to take internet heresay and gossip with a huge tablespoon of salt - and altnation.net is noted for it's less than reputable clickbait headlines.

I just agreed with DgenX- Axl and Slash are doing shows, and Izzy has a twitter, what a weird year this is  hihi

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #96 on: March 08, 2016, 12:39:31 PM »

I just agreed with DgenX- Axl and Slash are doing shows, and Izzy has a twitter, what a weird year this is  hihi

It's an amazing time to be alive, Emily.

Thorned Rose
Legend

« Reply #97 on: March 08, 2016, 12:47:43 PM »

That seems to be the easiest and most likely release we'll get. A best of... or "Definitive" thing.

We have a mediocre live album, which I think should get redone... like 1/3 of the songs are from that Tokyo show in 1992, lame.

A GH album that Axl didn't want released at all, while it is a true "GH" album and represents the band's true "hits" that will work forever. All the song's GH are on there. Ain't it Fun is a great song from TSI and was a hit in the UK and a good rock hit in USA. So I really think they don't need another GH release. I hate bands that release them every 5 years.

Yeah no CD songs are on it, but what songs could be... exactly. "Chinese Democracy" at best? I don't see redoing the GH for 1 song inclusion.

The best of!!! That is what I want. Do a Definitive thing man, 2 discs, 24 songs or so, with 2 new songs. Bands notes in a nice thick booklet. I'd grab that so fast.

But don't damn me
Sosso
VIP

Your Pong is no match for my Ping!

« Reply #98 on: March 08, 2016, 12:52:11 PM »

Slash, Robin, Buckethead and Bumblefoot together on the same tracks - yes, I consider that as a "best of"  peace
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 12:53:54 PM by Sosso » Logged

"?the key to that band's success was Axl because at that time his singing really connected with people on a social level." - Tracii Guns
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #99 on: March 08, 2016, 12:59:32 PM »

I hear you. in fact this COULD be a total bullshit. all that makes it at least remotely legit is the source, as MSL was right in the past, so this MIGHT be true again this time.
He wasn't always right in the past, tho. Also, he's likes the drama, so this is the perfect time for it.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: