Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 04:50:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Anyone else hope Steven ISN'T involved?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Anyone else hope Steven ISN'T involved?  (Read 50405 times)
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #60 on: February 13, 2016, 02:14:14 PM »

I agree with this. This is why I think this thread is useless. I wish that Cherry Garcia would knock this crap off. The threads the person  has made seem more like trolling and trying to stir up trouble than a discussion.  
Even though this thread may not have started with the purist discussion intentions, I think it has brought up legit concerns worth discussing.  And just as GNR decides who will be onstage for these shows, it's the admin/mods here who decide what threads/posts cross the line of trolling.  IMO, they do a very good job of it for the most part.

It's a great time to be a Guns N' Roses fan.  Let's enjoy it!! April 8th can't come soon enough!
And here's to hoping April 9th will be just as great a time to be a Guns N' Roses fan!!!  hihi
  beer

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #61 on: February 13, 2016, 02:22:52 PM »

I agree with this. This is why I think this thread is useless. I wish that Cherry Garcia would knock this crap off. The threads the person  has made seem more like trolling and trying to stir up trouble than a discussion.  
Even though this thread may not have started with the purist discussion intentions, I think it has brought up legit concerns worth discussing.  And just as GNR decides who will be onstage for these shows, it's the admin/mods here who decide what threads/posts cross the line of trolling.  IMO, they do a very good job of it for the most part.

It's a great time to be a Guns N' Roses fan.  Let's enjoy it!! April 8th can't come soon enough!
And here's to hoping April 9th will be just as great a time to be a Guns N' Roses fan!!!  hihi
  beer

My concern is that the person is just causing trouble with this and the thread stating that Slash is holding GNR back. I never mentioned anything about the mods, which I think do a good job.  As far as April 9th, I agree!  Grin beer I just can't wait to hear the announcement of GNR performing at MetLife!
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #62 on: February 13, 2016, 02:57:20 PM »

well, I also feel he shouldn't be involved, due to all the crap he talked during the past years. but on the other hand, at this point it doesn't really matter anyway, because the reunion will most probably be just a nostalgia act. so - so what, anyone can be there and it will work somehow. they might play AFD and some UYI songs from playback and the general public would still shit their pants Roll Eyes

Annie
« Reply #63 on: February 13, 2016, 02:58:50 PM »

If Steven is included as a guest and he totally blows it he hardly has the power to make the first show the last show.
Technically his performance would be fine. He just will give in to his constant need for attention and start blabbing to the media how he deserves to be the full time drummer. Just watching that dreadful BBC documentary showed how he totally lives in the past with his own reality of his "glory days". GNR and TB will make the best decision for GNR.
I am very excited for BOTH of those shows in Las Vegas.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 03:34:09 PM by Little EMO Annie » Logged
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #64 on: February 13, 2016, 03:43:28 PM »

I'm really hesitant to believe he is sober, he has made that claim more than a few times before.

I wouldn't be upset at all if he were excluded, he has given people abundant reason not to include him IMO.

Yeah, I am certainly not campaigning against him, I am just indifferent to him being there.  I know I might rip on him on here from time to time, but I really have nothing against the guy.  I get more irritated at the idea that it is somehow not Guns N Roses if he is not involved.  One night I was randomly on the Sunset Strip when I was working out in LA for the week and his band was playing at the Whiskey.  I paid money and went inside and watched him play drums for 2 hours and I enjoyed it.

But something of this magnitude, I just have reservations about him being heavily involved.  If he comes out mid set and bangs out a couple tunes from "Appetite" am I going to be mad?  Of course not, I'll probably enjoy that. 
   This

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #65 on: February 13, 2016, 03:55:35 PM »

Unless the stories of bad blood between different AFD5 members has been a total ruse over the past 20+ years, the 'rejoining' has to be a fragile situation to say the least. 

I don't think it's a far stretch to imagine Steven being the catalyst to causing "a disturbance in the force"

Like many are saying, it would be fine if he did guest on some of the songs.
Just hoping he doesn't fuck up the rest of the show/tour.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Annie
« Reply #66 on: February 13, 2016, 04:03:26 PM »

Unless the stories of bad blood between different AFD5 members has been a total ruse over the past 20+ years, the 'rejoining' has to be a fragile situation to say the least. 

I don't think it's a far stretch to imagine Steven being the catalyst to causing "a disturbance in the force"

Like many are saying, it would be fine if he did guest on some of the songs.
Just hoping he doesn't fuck up the rest of the show/tour.

I think people have grown and matured over the years. I understand the nostalgia of certain fans in wanting Stevie to be included. This reunion is going to kick ass. There may be some bumps in the road but it's hardly a fragile situation. We are talking about grown ass men who are some of the best in the biz. Stevie will be so thrilled to be included at first that things will go well. Even if he f***ks up, he is hardly a major player. The only real damage he could do is run his mouth to Trunk who is also starved for attention and information. But the rest of the band WILL RISE ABOVE IT!
What some people consider fragile, I consider exciting. What kind of magic is going to happen after all these years. smoking beer
« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 04:13:02 PM by Little EMO Annie » Logged
danrose51705
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #67 on: February 13, 2016, 05:09:03 PM »

Dont care either lol as long as  its  AXL ,SLASH, DUFF  and  maybe IZZY  its all good
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #68 on: February 14, 2016, 11:51:39 AM »

I'm really hesitant to believe he is sober, he has made that claim more than a few times before.

Watching the BBC special I am convinced he isn't sober. I know he had a stroke related to drug use, but what is happening with his mouth when he talks in that special looks more like a phenomenon called 'coke jaw' where your jaw slides left to right like a swinging gate... I could be wrong, but I doubt it...
siraddam
Headliner

« Reply #69 on: February 14, 2016, 01:27:22 PM »

Shouldn't this thread be deleted - kind of disrespectful. I'm sure if this post was about Dizzy Reed  or Richard Fortus it would be deleted.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #70 on: February 14, 2016, 01:33:48 PM »

Shouldn't this thread be deleted - kind of disrespectful. I'm sure if this post was about Dizzy Reed  or Richard Fortus it would be deleted.

Sure, it can be viewed that way.
In my opinion though, it speaks more about the posters than this site.

We've seen how this alleged "happiest time ever!!!!", has turned into a whine fest for some. Some would rather focus on negativity. Even at this particular moment in time.... What does that say about them?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
raindogs70
Rocker

« Reply #71 on: February 14, 2016, 01:56:43 PM »

If Steven is happy to be a part of it and isn't resenting Axl, Slash and Duff for the windfall of money they're getting, it would probably go well.

Maybe Adler did the BBC interview before he went into rehab.

CherryGarcia
Rocker

« Reply #72 on: February 14, 2016, 03:23:23 PM »

We've seen how this alleged "happiest time ever!!!!", has turned into a whine fest for some. Some would rather focus on negativity. Even at this particular moment in time.... What does that say about them?

/jarmo

I am happy about it, if this is directed at me. I just don't want Steven Adler involved because I despise the guy as a human being, and I think he brings with him so much drama that it would represent a danger to GN'R. Even Axl said just a gig or two with Steven could result in years of court nonsense. I don't want that junkie ruining the band.
Annie
« Reply #73 on: February 14, 2016, 04:13:40 PM »

/jarmo

I am happy about it, if this is directed at me. I just don't want Steven Adler involved because I despise the guy as a human being, and I think he brings with him so much drama that it would represent a danger to GN'R. Even Axl said just a gig or two with Steven could result in years of court nonsense. I don't want that junkie ruining the band.
Stevie is annoying as hell but he does not have the power to ruin the band. He is not worth the drama but he would be an annoying irritant and not a force of destruction. Like it or not he is a part of the band's history. and he will never let anybody forget that. damned if you do and damned if you don't with a guy like that. Nothing will ever truly make him happy as he is always in search of the next high.
GazT
« Reply #74 on: February 14, 2016, 04:51:04 PM »

Unbelievable...Not only is this topic absolute drivel but it's disrespectful to a member of one of the greatest hard rock band line-ups of all time.  To say Adler is "too dangerous" for the so called "Most Dangerous Band in the World" is ridiculous.

All the drummers who've played in GNR are phenomenal, however a browse through GNR's back catalogue quickly reveals that the most memorable and inventive drum parts mostly lay on the first album and were WRITTEN by Adler.  You could literally pick out a standout drum part on each and every AFD song that is inventive, played with character and entirely for the song.

GNR without Adler is akin to ACDC without Rudd.  Both crazy bastards that come with their own issues but with these guys behind the kit it is a force of nature.
The Hinge
Headliner

Here Today...and every bloody day

« Reply #75 on: February 14, 2016, 05:24:39 PM »

If he can knock out some decent drums then why not include him. To have all 5 play again would be awesome effort considering. It would be cruel to leave him out considering he has lived his life stuck in that moment...I mean releasing paintings with AFD titles is about as stuck in the past as you can get.

'Most organized religions make a mockery of humanity'
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #76 on: February 14, 2016, 06:00:03 PM »

1. Slash "holding GNR back"Huh That's idiotic.
2. I hope Stevie plays some part in the tour.

Man I can't wait for these shows.

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #77 on: February 14, 2016, 06:15:58 PM »

Unbelievable...Not only is this topic absolute drivel but it's disrespectful to a member of one of the greatest hard rock band line-ups of all time.  To say Adler is "too dangerous" for the so called "Most Dangerous Band in the World" is ridiculous.

All the drummers who've played in GNR are phenomenal, however a browse through GNR's back catalogue quickly reveals that the most memorable and inventive drum parts mostly lay on the first album and were WRITTEN by Adler.  You could literally pick out a standout drum part on each and every AFD song that is inventive, played with character and entirely for the song.

GNR without Adler is akin to ACDC without Rudd.  Both crazy bastards that come with their own issues but with these guys behind the kit it is a force of nature.

Interesting comparison to Rudd, big difference is Rudd was able to keep it together enough to be in AC/DC for 30 years, Steven barely cracked 4.  But I agree with what you are saying for the most part.

As far as Steven's playing ability, that is subjective.  The opinions on his playing really are all over the spectrum in this thread.  I personally never cared for his playing especially when compared to other drummers that GNR have had over the years.  As far as the "classic" line up, I preferred Matt's playing of the "Appetite" songs live.   That's my opinion, doesn't make it fact.

I can't speak for anyone else, but the overall feeling towards Steven seems more of a concern for how he could negatively impact the band with his bullshit, not his chops on drums.  Looking at his track record, is it really that crazy that some fans have reservations about his involvement?

You can put me in the camp of thinking the band knows what they are doing better than we do.  If Steven is involved, they obviously have come to some resolution and they think he can pull it off.  They know better than us.  They actually know Steven the person, and they know his behavior better than any of us.  If they worked something out with Steven where they can play some songs together again, that is actually a wonderful thing, not a bad one.  I don't think many people will be upset if Steven comes back to play some songs and completely nails it.  That would be a weird way to look at it.

I  know some are worried he might do something drastic on stage to embarrass the band.  If he did that, which I really don't think he would, he would only embarrass himself and further cement the thinking that he is a royal fuck up. Guns will be 2 minutes into the next song with Frank on drums before security even got Steven out of the building.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 06:21:48 PM by Bodhi » Logged
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #78 on: February 14, 2016, 06:57:47 PM »

before security even got Steven out of the building.
could you just imagine the kayos that would ensue at the venue if that were to happen.  nervous

But Jarmo is right and now I'm done with being focused on the negative.

You can put me in the camp of thinking the band knows what they are doing better than we do.  If Steven is involved, they obviously have come to some resolution and they think he can pull it off.  They know better than us.  They actually know Steven the person, and they know his behavior better than any of us.  If they worked something out with Steven where they can play some songs together again, that is actually a wonderful thing, not a bad one.  I don't think many people will be upset if Steven comes back to play some songs and completely nails it.  That would be a weird way to look at it.
Okay Bodhi, you can put me in this camp too.  #theyknowbetterthanus #fingerscrossed  #thinkhappythoughts 

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #79 on: February 14, 2016, 07:08:33 PM »

before security even got Steven out of the building.
could you just imagine the kayos that would ensue at the venue if that were to happen.  nervous

Ha! Yeah that's why I said it like that, because i think it is pretty much impossible for anything like that to happen.  hihi

If he gets the chance to play some songs, I'm sure he will do fine.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 07:10:08 PM by Bodhi » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: