Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 01:14:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228144 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Anyone else hope Steven ISN'T involved?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Anyone else hope Steven ISN'T involved?  (Read 50489 times)
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2016, 10:40:03 PM »

I'm really hesitant to believe he is sober, he has made that claim more than a few times before.

I wouldn't be upset at all if he were excluded, he has given people abundant reason not to include him IMO.

Yeah, I am certainly not campaigning against him, I am just indifferent to him being there.  I know I might rip on him on here from time to time, but I really have nothing against the guy.  I get more irritated at the idea that it is somehow not Guns N Roses if he is not involved.  One night I was randomly on the Sunset Strip when I was working out in LA for the week and his band was playing at the Whiskey.  I paid money and went inside and watched him play drums for 2 hours and I enjoyed it.

But something of this magnitude, I just have reservations about him being heavily involved.  If he comes out mid set and bangs out a couple tunes from "Appetite" am I going to be mad?  Of course not, I'll probably enjoy that. 
kuetastic
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2016, 12:48:35 AM »

If they let him on stage for even a nanosecond he would be the straightest most sober person on planet earth.

It has meant so much to him for so long I don't think he could fuck it up regardless of addiction.

I think his smile would be incredible to see and dude could die happy, sad if he doesn't get a chance to bash out a few songs here and there.

I'd rather Frank over Sorum and can't even explain why. I think it is because Frank just shuts the fuck up and does his job and does it well and if this falls apart I don't want to hear anymore bullshit interviews with Matt. He is a great drummer but he was never integral to the band in my opinion. I'd probably hold him in higher regard if he had a higher appreciation of the time he was afforded with the band. I really like his work, just not so much his baggage.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2016, 01:33:47 AM »

Do you really have to post all your thoughts as a main thread?

Are you really that important
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #43 on: February 13, 2016, 05:26:46 AM »

what's your biggest contribution to the world?

probably this post.
it says a lot.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Ringoturtle
Headliner

« Reply #44 on: February 13, 2016, 06:51:09 AM »

Wow.

You guys are so bored that you need ANOTHER thread devoted to hating Steven?  Did we not understand it the first ten thousand times?

It's long been obvious that since Slash is no longer hate-worthy on this board, you had you turn your Guns elsewhere.  Says more about you than it does about Steven, that's for sure.  Because despite your allegations that Steven contributed "nothing" to Guns N Roses, Steven still has an incredibly powerful presence in your lives.  He's obviously worth talking about ad-infinitum, and you all prove it every single time you spend copious amounts of time bitching, pissing, and moaning about him.

Really, this says it all....

To be honest, Steven is the only past member of GN'R I dislike. Yeah, he played some cool drumming parts on AFD. But for me, he's a relic. A living, breathing wax statue perpetually stuck mentally in April, 1990. He's childish, bitter, petty, demanding and he's just...With his Sarah Connor-style perm, even now in 2015, he would've really dated GN'R's image even more in the '90s, made them truly a subject of ridicule for the grunge bands and their fans. The guy is like the living embodiment of everything that was tacky and gross about the L.A. hair metal scene. GN'R were never a hair metal band - and they were a better band after Steven left. I know he'll probably play some songs on the tour, but I wish he was far away from Guns. For me, his biggest contribution to the world was the hilarity he helped create on Celebrity Rehab.

A vitriolic, childish, bitter, nasty post full of purposeless insults from someone who turns around and claims the same thing is true about Steven.

Sweet jesus, look in the fucking mirror.

Absolutely right, Mister!

All my statements represent MY OPINION. If not, I'll say so by posting references or the like
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2016, 08:14:50 AM »

Wow some harsh statements....Would like to see Steven for at least 1 or 2 songs...Always up there looking like he's having fun...Excellent and heartbreaking book he wrote a few years back...I definately have compassion for his struggles and wish him the best..
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #46 on: February 13, 2016, 09:45:42 AM »

Some of you need to chill the fuck out seriously. He's not played a show with them in almost 26 years.

26 years is a long time and yeah he's said some stuff that he shouldn't of said but he doesn't really kiss anyone's ass. He had probably the least to do with the "making" of Appetite For Destruction as he didn't write any lyrics or didn't come up with and parts really. He did come up with the drums, and played drums great on that record. Which is a ALL-TIME album in any genre of music. Period.

While he had the least to do with the actual production of writing of the album, his "feel" to the record is probably the most noticeable. His loose swinging drum beats really push AFD. He's a large part of that album. I mean, he played the fucking backbone beat to the songs...

Steven Adler gets this perception that hes a bad to average drummer that is a junkie and can't hack it anymore. He can't play UYI songs... when he was involved in like 1/3 of them at somepoint. He's a idiot and a loudmouth... etc...

He's been clean for 2 years roughly as far as we know, and he's been doing much much better since 2007ish. He is right in his interview from this previous fall on Eddie Trunk. Guns N' Roses will always be those 5 dudes. It is pretty hard to argue this. The original 5 members had magic, made the best album they've done and did it with the right reasons and vibe. It is what made them what we all fell in love with unless you're like 15-20 and CD is what you grew up with somehow.

Would I love to see the AFD 5 go out there and tear it up... hell yes. Is that going to happen? Probably not... and here's why.

Steven Adler presents risk. Having him as the main drummer is just too risky. I would like this, but it isn't the best move. Frank is just as good or better than Adler and does his job and is low risk and probably low cost. Plus he's been drumming for 2006 for Gn'R. Matt has a history with Gn'R as his playing is really good but it is too tight for my liking personally. What will probably happen is Frank is the guy, and Steven and Matt take turns or do random encores in the tour. That makes the most sense and is the easiest thing to do. Or 1 drummer is mostly OUT of the deal all together. Who knows?

To leave Steven out of this completely is just bullshit. He's definitely said some stupid crap and probably hurt any longevity chance of playing with Guns for real, but that is kinda what I like about him. He says what he thinks, and most of the time it is about spot on. His comment about NU Gn'R being a bunch of hacks was inappropiate. What he probably meant is that it is pretty silly to have so many come in and go out under the Gn'R name. The players involved in Gn'R were great players, but the pedigree is something else entirely. They didn't come from where he did WITH the band. I understand his stronghold on his view.

Steven Adler will always be the "best" drummer FOR Gn'R.

Here is what they should do....

1. Offer him the full time position, the second he fucks up. He's out.
2. Offer him a spot to split shows with Frank or Matt. He fucks up. He's out.
3. (More realistic) Offer him the chance to play 1 full reunion show at some point, and close the shows for the encore of 2-3 songs)

He's wanted this more than anyone. Leaving him out is just really really harsh, but as others have said... with his silence so far, I'm sure he's doing it in some way and that is the right thing to do.

Easiest way to do it is have Frank drum, then have Matt/Steven do the encores whenever it fits them. Easy.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
Nikki_Sixx
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #47 on: February 13, 2016, 09:56:53 AM »

Do we really want a guy onstage with Richard, Frank and Pitman who said this:
?Axl will probably want to play [the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame] with his hack band ? his band of hacks. ?Axl and His Hacks? ? it shouldn?t even be Guns N? Roses. He?s just driving that name into the freakin? ground.?

Do we really want Richard, Frank and Pitman onstage ?

[Axl] Arnhem '01 (cancelled) - Pukkelpop '02 - Graspop '06 - Nijmegen '06 (+ Izzy) - Paris '10 - Antwerp '10 - Lille '10 - Rotterdam '12 - Paris '12 - Graspop '12 [Axl/Dc] Werchter '16
Mike McKagan
Rocker

I'm a small town white boy...

« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2016, 10:03:24 AM »

Step 1: Fans on HTGTH argue intensely (again) about whether Steven deserves to be in the reunion band, whether he's a waste of space, and how personally they take his comments that aren't actually about them.

Step 2: GN'R decides who's onstage for the reunion without reading any of those comments.

Step 3: Steven keeps cashing Appetite residual checks either way.

beer

VR--Nashville, TN--10/16/2004
GN'R--Portland, OR--12/11/2006
GN'R--Rosemont, IL--11/15/2011
GN'R--Nashville, TN--07/09/2016
GN'R--Saint Louis, MO--09/09/2023
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2016, 10:29:31 AM »

Little more goes into it than that dude... and besides he was a large part of what was so great about AFD

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #50 on: February 13, 2016, 10:47:09 AM »

I look at them as the cost of doing business, personally.  If that's what it takes to get Slash and Duff back, I make that trade in a heartbeat.

I think in large part they are there for optics anyway.  So it appears this is all one big collaborative effort from all eras of Guns N' Roses.

If Axl got back with all old guys and nothing but, its sends the message that he's bailing on a sinking ship and heading back to safer ground. 

He's not putting that thought out there, no way, no how.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Nikki_Sixx
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #51 on: February 13, 2016, 11:36:07 AM »

So it appears this is all one big collaborative effort from all eras of Guns N' Roses.

If Axl got back with all old guys and nothing but, its sends the message that he's bailing on a sinking ship and heading back to safer ground. 

Is that REALLY what you want ?  Do you REALLY care what kinda message Axl sends and how it's perceived by the outside world, and how that makes him feel ?

I honestly don't believe that.

The GNR legacy was built by the AFD/UYI guys.  Do you ANYONE who got into GNR because of Richard's, Frank's or, dare I say, Pitman's contribution ?

Now is the time to close the book on the whole debacle and get rid of those guys.

It's now or never...

[Axl] Arnhem '01 (cancelled) - Pukkelpop '02 - Graspop '06 - Nijmegen '06 (+ Izzy) - Paris '10 - Antwerp '10 - Lille '10 - Rotterdam '12 - Paris '12 - Graspop '12 [Axl/Dc] Werchter '16
Princess Leia
« Reply #52 on: February 13, 2016, 12:23:10 PM »

So it appears this is all one big collaborative effort from all eras of Guns N' Roses.

Is that REALLY what you want ?  Do you REALLY care what kinda message Axl sends and how it's perceived by the outside world, and how that makes him feel ?

The GNR legacy was built by the AFD/UYI guys.  Do you ANYONE who got into GNR because of Richard's, Frank's or, dare I say, Pitman's contribution ?

Now is the time to close the book on the whole debacle and get rid of those guys.

It's now or never...

Although I agree that the reunion should be the AFD line up. And a lot of people here are very unfair with the way the judge Adler. It is not up to us to decide who is in the band.

The only  thing we can?t do it is just not go to the shows. Nobody is forced to go. Am I going to Vegas, Coachella or Mexico? No!!! First I want to see what kind of show they do. If there is any chemistry, good vibe among them. If there are no riots and no mess up of the any kind.

And of course the line up. I won?t pay tons of cash to see Frank and Pitman. I couldn?t care less about them. If there is a U.S. Tour I?m going only to 1 or 2  shows. I won?t travell all over North America if all we have is Axl in bad shape, an hybrid reunion, average show and Izzy and Adler not being part of this at all.

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #53 on: February 13, 2016, 01:03:43 PM »

It's now or never...
What the fuck?

Again, if Izzy is not in there, I'm pretty sure it's his decision.
About Adler, you would never want to work with someone like him, so why ask them to do that? Those guys are not even real friends anymore. Everybody moves away from people they were once attached to in the past.

Its not our decision, of course they will do what works the best to them for now. As much as you guys want it to be all about legacy, it's also about moving foward - be it just in live gigs or (hopefully) new music. If Izzy doesn't want to be there and Adler is not really wanted (lets face it, for the band, not the fans, he's not needed), its time to get over it.

GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #54 on: February 13, 2016, 01:04:39 PM »

It is not up to us to decide who is in the band.

First I want to see what kind of show they do. If there is any chemistry, good vibe among them. If there are no riots and no mess up of the any kind.

If there is a U.S. Tour I?m going only to 1 or 2  shows. I won?t travell all over North America if all we have is Axl in bad shape, an hybrid reunion, average show and Izzy and Adler not being part of this at all.

Hasn't who is in the band already been decided?  Axl, Slash, Duff, Dizzy, Chris, Richard, Frank.

These shows are being promoted as the rejoining of Axl and Slash on stage.
Even Duff is just a side piece because he and Axl have already done this.
It surprises me, even though it shouldn't, how many Slash fans aren't more vocal/excited about this.

I think we all agree that the extent of Izzy's participation is going to be totally up to Izzy because that's what we all have adjusted our realistic expectations of his situation to be.

Steven is the wildcard. As has been discussed to ad-nauseam, no one wants the first show to be the last show due to his issues.  Because of his silence, I think we are all expecting him to be involved in some way/shape/form.  

IMO, the inclusion of Steven is a legit discussion/concern to the fans who have tickets beyond the first show or who hope for shows near where they live.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Princess Leia
« Reply #55 on: February 13, 2016, 01:20:28 PM »

It is not up to us to decide who is in the band.

First I want to see what kind of show they do. If there is any chemistry, good vibe among them. If there are no riots and no mess up of the any kind.

If there is a U.S. Tour I?m going only to 1 or 2  shows. I won?t travell all over North America if all we have is Axl in bad shape, an hybrid reunion, average show and Izzy and Adler not being part of this at all.

Hasn't who is in the band already been decided?  Axl, Slash, Duff, Dizzy, Chris, Richard, Frank.

These shows are being promoted as the rejoining of Axl and Slash on stage.
Even Duff is just a side piece because he and Axl have already done this.
It surprises me, even though it shouldn't, how many Slash fans aren't more vocal/excited about this.

I think we all agree that the extent of Izzy's participation is going to be totally up to Izzy because that's what we all have adjusted our realistic expectations of his situation to be.

Steven is the wildcard. As has been discussed to ad-nauseam, no one wants the first show to be the last show due to his issues.  Because of his silence, I think we are all expecting him to be involved in some way/shape/form.  

IMO, the inclusion of Steven is a legit discussion/concern to the fans who have tickets beyond the first show or who hope for shows near where they live.

There is no official statement about who is permanent member and who is a guest if any. Adler could be a guest for one show and one song. Izzy could be a guest on every show just play 14 Years and Dust N?Bones. We don?t have details.

It is legit to discuss Adler. Is it necessary to have a thread about him all the time? Maybe it is time to discuss how amazing Frank is. I mean for those who think Frank is the new John Bonham or something.

Roll Eyes
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #56 on: February 13, 2016, 01:36:27 PM »

It is legit to discuss Adler. Is it necessary to have a thread about him all the time?
All the time??  I don't see another thread discussing Steven?

Maybe it is time to discuss how amazing Frank is. I mean for those who think Frank is the new John Bonham or something.
Love Frank!!!  He is an amazing talent!!!  Here you go!!!!
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=66810.0

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #57 on: February 13, 2016, 01:47:09 PM »

Step 1: Fans on HTGTH argue intensely (again) about whether Steven deserves to be in the reunion band, whether he's a waste of space, and how personally they take his comments that aren't actually about them.

Step 2: GN'R decides who's onstage for the reunion without reading any of those comments.

Step 3: Steven keeps cashing Appetite residual checks either way.

beer

I agree with this. This is why I think this thread is useless. I wish that Cherry Garcia would knock this crap off. The threads the person  has made seem more like trolling and trying to stir up trouble than a discussion.  It's a great time to be a Guns N' Roses fan.  Let's enjoy it!! April 8th can't come soon enough!
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #58 on: February 13, 2016, 02:02:48 PM »

Cherry Garcia, what is going on with you? First you bring up that Slash would set Guns N' Roses back. Now this?Huh Dude, just be happy that GNR is back!

I wasn't aware they left.

Axl is God.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #59 on: February 13, 2016, 02:04:28 PM »

Do I care about the spin he's trying to put on all this?  No, I personally do not.

I think that's how he's looking at it though.

Also don't care about those other guys like Richard or Frank being part of this.  Never really bought into how Guns N' Roses is some religion that must remain pure.  It's a rock band who's songs I like, that's it.

Axl has put together the most compelling line-up in 2 decades to play those songs.  I'm onboard.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 02:06:55 PM by D-GenerationX » Logged

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: