Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 11:10:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228124 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GNR at the Superbowl?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: GNR at the Superbowl?  (Read 9823 times)
raindogs70
Rocker

« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2016, 09:10:44 AM »

Axl made fun of the Chili Peppers using prerecorded tracks, but Flea wasn't trying to hide it.

Has GNR even been asked to ever play Super Bowl? When Appetite came out, they were still having Up With People do halftime (Google it, you'll have a laugh).
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2016, 09:15:11 AM »

Axl made fun of the Chili Peppers using prerecorded tracks, but Flea wasn't trying to hide it.

Has GNR even been asked to ever play Super Bowl? When Appetite came out, they were still having Up With People do halftime (Google it, you'll have a laugh).

One would think a version of GNR with Axl and Slash would be somewhat appealing to the Super Bowl...

Especially since GNR songs are played multiple times a game in basically every NFL stadium all year long.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2016, 09:19:46 AM »

If this tours goes well and this is seen as a viable enterprise again, I assume they would at least be asked.

I used to think Axl would never do this sort of thing.  But in the face of this upcoming tour, I'm not sure you can predict Axl any more.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2016, 01:30:35 PM »

Slash playing with Fergie was about as bad as things can get for him.

Never got that thought process... Bad how?

Worse than Axl performing with the actor from The Gilmor Girls or The Broadway performer (Sebastian Bach)?
cbeier78
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2016, 10:50:25 AM »

I agree.  how was that bad?  I loved it.  it was fucking epic when he came up through the stage.  I am a huge football fan.  best halftime show for me in many years!!!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2016, 11:53:14 AM »

I agree.  how was that bad?  I loved it.  it was fucking epic when he came up through the stage.  I am a huge football fan.  best halftime show for me in many years!!!
It was cool to see Slash, but I don't remember the actual performance being very good.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2016, 11:55:25 AM »

Worse than Axl performing with the actor from The Gilmor Girls or The Broadway performer (Sebastian Bach)?
You really can't compare Axl performing with Baz in front of 10k to Slash playing with Fergie in front of a billion. Not saying one is worse/better, but the stage surrounding each event was vastly different.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2016, 01:48:03 PM »

You really can't compare Axl performing with Baz in front of 10k to Slash playing with Fergie in front of a billion. Not saying one is worse/better, but the stage surrounding each event was vastly different.

Regardless of the size of the audience, I'm just saying I don't see how one is anymore or less embarrassing depending on how it's framed. Most people who hate it do so because it's Fergie and they don't like her music or the group she is a part of and they think it looks bad for Slash. BUT it's stuff like that keeping him relevant across musical genres, which is going to help pack stadiums, I know it's an unpopular thought but there is a very strong chance that because of his appearances with people like Fergie on a stage like the Super Bowl that there are going to be more people (outside of these forums) that are there to see Slash than Axl.
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2016, 11:56:26 PM »

If this tours goes well and this is seen as a viable enterprise again, I assume they would at least be asked.

I used to think Axl would never do this sort of thing.  But in the face of this upcoming tour, I'm not sure you can predict Axl any more.

very true. harder than ever to pigeonhole the guy.

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2016, 12:47:09 AM »

I don't really see playing the Super Bowl as GNR's kind of thing. However,  It would be an opportune time for a commercial with stadium tour dates to drop.  The only thing is how cost feasible is that?  Is it worth the price tag on a super bowl add to promote tour dates ? 
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2016, 03:14:39 AM »

It's been a rumour every year for the past 15 years or so - hopefully it will come true! A short three song set would be cool, two classics plus a new song if they have one

Here today...ready to rock
THeRoCK2
Banned
Opening Act

hi!

« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2016, 12:07:02 PM »

to underline worlddomination i would welcome that  ok

IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHO YOU ARE, WE DO!
TokyoRose
Headliner

« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2016, 12:12:38 PM »

the world needs G n R at the superbowl.  enough with the pop crap.  drool

time to rock  beer
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2016, 12:29:09 PM »

How GNR would fit in with Beyonce and Cold Play are effing beyond me.  NR maybe?
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2016, 12:42:11 PM »

Axl's a Raiders fan, so it's doubtful for the foreseeable future!
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2016, 02:05:13 PM »

For the US posters: Keep us updated just in case GN'R pops up with a commercial during the Super Bowl broadcast. There are slim chances I think, but you never know.

Here in Europe, the commercials are of course not included in the broadcast.

Edited to add: If the tour has an official sponsor, that could open up the chances of financing such an expensive commercial.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 02:08:33 PM by Spirit » Logged

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
gnrrock
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2016, 06:10:34 PM »

For the US posters: Keep us updated just in case GN'R pops up with a commercial during the Super Bowl broadcast. There are slim chances I think, but you never know.

Edited to add: If the tour has an official sponsor, that could open up the chances of financing such an expensive commercial.

If something GNR related is played I will let you know. I think commercials are too expensive. Better chance of a promo at the stadium in my opinion and not on air.
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2016, 07:05:48 PM »

Think I just heard WTTJ during a Taco Bell commercial!
adman2374
Rocker

« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2016, 07:05:59 PM »

Jungle played in Taco Bell commercial...cool!!!

If something GNR related is played I will let you know. I think commercials are too expensive. Better chance of a promo at the stadium in my opinion and not on air.
gnrrock
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2016, 07:11:19 PM »

Ha. Reminds me of Axl's tweet.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: