Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 11:45:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228107 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  [UPDATES] April 19, 2016 ? Foro Sol, Mexico City
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: [UPDATES] April 19, 2016 ? Foro Sol, Mexico City  (Read 83024 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #80 on: February 04, 2016, 10:47:51 AM »

The Best -->

smoking

Wonder how many people would just assume that pic of Richard is Izzy?

And how about that pic of Chris?  He could be one of Lord Humungous's crew.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #81 on: February 04, 2016, 11:33:44 AM »

Yeah casual of new fans might look at Izzy and then think he is Richard for sure.

They do have a look a like quality.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
dmathski
Rocker

« Reply #82 on: February 04, 2016, 12:28:53 PM »

I just saw that Mexico City is at 7,400 feet. That has to be pretty hard on vocals for Axl.

August 3, 1991  Inglewood, CA. The Forum

September 30, 1992    San Diego, CA. Jack Murphy Stadium

December 31, 2001  Las Vegas, NV. The Joint

August 22, 2016 San Diego, CA. Qualcomm Sstadium
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #83 on: February 04, 2016, 01:50:36 PM »

most probably just stupid journalist, having no idea who's in the band (well, okay, we don't know much more) and who's on the picture.
but as I said before, BBF is not back, at least according to his current plans and whereabouts. + he's not that crazy to waste his time and talent in GNR again hihi

The UK paper that is in is notoriously awful- constant errors, false information and rabble rousing. They'll have put 'guns n roses' into their picture archive and used the first thing that came up.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #84 on: February 04, 2016, 02:06:47 PM »

I just saw that Mexico City is at 7,400 feet. That has to be pretty hard on vocals for Axl.

Yeah, he says that very thing in the Oklahoma concert from April 1992. 

The previous show was there 4 days earlier, and he said he wasn't used to having this much oxygen.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #85 on: February 04, 2016, 02:13:16 PM »

Its not promoting the show, the Band and management do that.  It's lazy journalism...
Thank you for the clarification.  I should NOT have used the word "promote" and in no way did I mean to imply that the band or management had anything to do with this particular article and pic.

I am owning a pressite and to be honest , I think this is part the fault of Management.
Let me explain.

I often get pressreleases ( or not )  without press pics. If an band/Management wants to be certain that the press won't make a mistake or use an outdated pic.... well management should provide it . This way the journalist is less able to make an mistake.

On the other hand if i get an press release without press image i have three choices :
1:  don't publish (  that would be real lazy )
2: Ask the source for an current image
3: Do some homework and go looking for an updated picture!

If GNR Management provide better resources for the media this kinda mistakes would be less.....
You are 100% wrong in placing any blame on GNR Management in this case.

First off, I looked up what "pressite" is:  "Introducing Pressites.  A landing page for your press release, from The Press Writers."

In the article itself, the dailymail.co.uk clearly states THEIR SOURCE IS THE VIDEO FROM THE BAND'S WEBSITE.

NOWHERE DID the dailymail.co.uk QUOTE OR REFERENCE THE PRESS RELEASE ISSUED ON www.gunsnroses.com.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/afp/article-3430645/Guns-N-Roses-reunion-heads-Mexico.html

Guns N' Roses reunion heads to Mexico
By AFP

PUBLISHED: 15:56 EST, 3 February 2016 | UPDATED: 15:56 EST, 3 February 2016

The long-in-the-making reunion of Guns N' Roses has gone international, with the hard rockers announcing a show in Mexico City.

The band, performing for the first time in 23 years with the original lineup of Axl Rose and Slash, posted a video on its website giving an April 19 date for a concert at the Foro Sol stadium.

And I am positive that the press release and video provided by the GNR camp did NOT contain that particular pic used by the dailymail.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #86 on: February 04, 2016, 02:17:50 PM »

Great post and seconded Gypsy! No way is mgmt to blame for some lame journalism article that could have been researched better with very little effort.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #87 on: February 04, 2016, 02:23:36 PM »

As far as Gn'R management goes... they sucked big time in the past.

I'm talking from 2002-2005 or so. That was just the most frustrating stuff ever.

They've never been really good up until the last few years.

Lately they've been fantastic. Awesome!

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #88 on: February 04, 2016, 02:24:43 PM »

Yeah, they've done a great job with this whole most recent tour.

All aces, from what I see.  Everything has been top notch.

lassie4ever
Headliner

« Reply #89 on: February 04, 2016, 02:24:53 PM »

Its not promoting the show, the Band and management do that.  It's lazy journalism...
Thank you for the clarification.  I should NOT have used the word "promote" and in no way did I mean to imply that the band or management had anything to do with this particular article and pic.

I am owning a pressite and to be honest , I think this is part the fault of Management.
Let me explain.

I often get pressreleases ( or not )  without press pics. If an band/Management wants to be certain that the press won't make a mistake or use an outdated pic.... well management should provide it . This way the journalist is less able to make an mistake.

On the other hand if i get an press release without press image i have three choices :
1:  don't publish (  that would be real lazy )
2: Ask the source for an current image
3: Do some homework and go looking for an updated picture!

If GNR Management provide better resources for the media this kinda mistakes would be less.....
You are 100% wrong in placing any blame on GNR Management in this case.

First off, I looked up what "pressite" is:  "Introducing Pressites.  A landing page for your press release, from The Press Writers."

In the article itself, the dailymail.co.uk clearly states THEIR SOURCE IS THE VIDEO FROM THE BAND'S WEBSITE.

NOWHERE DID the dailymail.co.uk QUOTE OR REFERENCE THE PRESS RELEASE ISSUED ON www.gunsnroses.com.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/afp/article-3430645/Guns-N-Roses-reunion-heads-Mexico.html

Guns N' Roses reunion heads to Mexico
By AFP

PUBLISHED: 15:56 EST, 3 February 2016 | UPDATED: 15:56 EST, 3 February 2016

The long-in-the-making reunion of Guns N' Roses has gone international, with the hard rockers announcing a show in Mexico City.

The band, performing for the first time in 23 years with the original lineup of Axl Rose and Slash, posted a video on its website giving an April 19 date for a concert at the Foro Sol stadium.

And I am positive that the press release and video provided by the GNR camp did NOT contain that particular pic used by the dailymail.

Aye I agree ... but when no news is provided or given out ..... then this shit happens ...
Like I said don't say it's all Management fault .....
But I know that things can be rolled out better

Still you got an valid point that this site does not function the way the must....

And Thank god like someone pointed out it has been much worse with management ....
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 02:27:33 PM by lassie4ever » Logged
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #90 on: February 04, 2016, 02:27:07 PM »

As far as Gn'R management goes... they sucked big time in the past.

I'm talking from 2002-2005 or so. That was just the most frustrating stuff ever.

They've never been really good up until the last few years.

Lately they've been fantastic. Awesome!

That is because, we are dealing with entirely different management than what was in place in those yrs. peace ok

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #91 on: February 04, 2016, 02:29:24 PM »

That is because, we are dealing with entirely different management than what was in place in those yrs. peace ok

True, but the past few months have been miles better than anything the past few years.  And that was the same people.

Not sure what exactly it was that flicked the light switch on, but don't care either.  Things are great now and that's all that matters.

jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #92 on: February 04, 2016, 02:37:09 PM »

True, but the past few months have been miles better than anything the past few years.  And that was the same people.

Not sure what exactly it was that flicked the light switch on, but don't care either.  Things are great now and that's all that matters.

True I would agree that there have been some very frustrating times. But I think a big difference here now with management is they allowed Axl to ge to where we are now, on his own without being "forced or shoved into it". At least that's my perception. I don't think Beta, Fernando or anyone was busting his balls on how to move forward with Guns, and that his relation with Slash was more organic. And I'm sure Duff facilitated a lot. But I think that Team Brazil didn't like others try to undermine Axl or try to force something .But now that it's a go. They are proving to be capable of now doing what we always wanted them to. 

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #93 on: February 04, 2016, 03:10:13 PM »

From the GNR twitter:

Guns N' Roses ‏@gunsnroses 
NIGHTRAIN! Tu venta especial est? sucediendo ahora! Obtener m?s informaci?n a http://GunsNRoses.com/community  #GnFnR --> Ciudad de Mexico- Abril 19

Translated from Spanish by Bing
NIGHTRAIN! Your special selling is happening now! More information http://GunsNRoses.com/community  #GnFnR -- > Mexico City - April 19

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
GnFnRs2016
Mr. Brownstone
Rocker

The best thing that you never had

« Reply #94 on: February 05, 2016, 02:56:37 PM »

Yeah, he says that very thing in the Oklahoma concert from April 1992. 

The previous show was there 4 days earlier, and he said he wasn't used to having this much oxygen.

Yeah but he played in La Paz, Bolivia (16,730 feet) some years ago when Duff was filing in for Tommy so this is easier for him
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #95 on: February 06, 2016, 10:11:01 AM »

The press uses whatever photos they want. It?s up to them to use the photos they have bought or have the right to use.

That's why you sometimes see articles use decade old photos, or photos of members who aren't in the band anymore.

Not much the band can do about that....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #96 on: February 06, 2016, 01:49:18 PM »

The press uses whatever photos they want. It?s up to them to use the photos they have bought or have the right to use.

That's why you sometimes see articles use decade old photos, or photos of members who aren't in the band anymore.

Not much the band can do about that....

/jarmo

Yeah, but if a press release is sent with attached promo photos, its easier for the journalist to use it. Of course, big outlets tend to use whatever their archive have. But even on PR Newswire and Businesswire you can at least attach links to hi-res photos for the press. Smiley

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #97 on: February 08, 2016, 10:30:50 AM »

Just out of curiosity anybody have a feel about how many tickets were sold for this yet ?

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #98 on: February 08, 2016, 11:31:52 AM »

Just out of curiosity anybody have a feel about how many tickets were sold for this yet ?

We probably won't know with more certainty until the general sale starts on Wednesday.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #99 on: February 08, 2016, 11:47:01 AM »

We probably won't know with more certainty until the general sale starts on Wednesday.

Oh my bad.. I thought general went on sale already. Thanks.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 19 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: