Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2024, 09:28:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228100 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  [UPDATES] April 19, 2016 ? Foro Sol, Mexico City
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: [UPDATES] April 19, 2016 ? Foro Sol, Mexico City  (Read 82854 times)
FreddieJames
Rocker

« Reply #280 on: April 20, 2016, 06:05:26 AM »

During some songs, the actual ground was bouncing because of the crowd jumping. That's not something I have experienced at every show....

What an amazing show!

/jarmo

but maybe except for SCOM..

https://youtu.be/DMR_cOJJUS8

sorry man, but seens to me some kind of 'funeral' crowd.. Sweet Child does not deserve that, at least

anyway, it must be a hell of show and I m happy 4u and everyone else who was there!

I don't think it's a funeral. Just listen to them singing. I guess the issue is the phones. Now people are recoding. If they jump up and down with their phones in their hands they get bad quality videos. They can't have it both ways I'm afraid

Recording? Really? Ask this to the south america guys.. if I was there, I could record something of the show, of course, but some minutes,you know what meaning?

I'd rather enjoy the show so I see your point. But at the same time because of phones we have periscope and videos. So there are positive things and negative things about recording

You're right, but 90% of  people know for sure their videos will suck for many reasons and they keep on filming anyway. Plain stupid. Its' sad, proving you've been there actually is more important than be there, people can't do anything for themselves without showing it to the others. Obviously they can do whatever they want, but i won't stop judging them in a bad way  ok

It's the disease of this age: narcissism. It doesn't matter anymore whether or not you had fun, as long as you can portray the image that you had an AMAZING time and everything is SO AMAZING and you are SO GRATEFUL to spend time with all the AMAZING people you meet everyday and how FABULOUS your life is  hihi hihi hihi

When I can finally see Guns next year somewhere in Europe you can be sure I'll be jumping up and down like it's 1988 and I'm at the Ritz. And anyone getting in the way because they have to film well....'get in the ring motherfucker'  hihi

Don't need your religion,
Don't watch that much T.V.,
Just making my living baby,
And that's enough for me.
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #281 on: April 20, 2016, 08:19:56 AM »

Well, it is cool to see youtube clips, so I am grateful to those who bothers.

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
Hypird
Headliner

Hanoi Rocks

« Reply #282 on: April 20, 2016, 09:09:50 AM »

"Just because I don?t sleep
Doesn?t mean that I?ve stopped dreaming"
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #283 on: April 20, 2016, 09:33:35 AM »

Seems a little backwards to hear all this bitching about the phones at concerts when we spend every show thread looking for as many Periscope links as we can find.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #284 on: April 20, 2016, 09:46:04 AM »

Updated the 1st post with the videos I could find.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #285 on: April 20, 2016, 09:48:00 AM »

Well, it is cool to see youtube clips, so I am grateful to those who bothers.

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
FreddieJames
Rocker

« Reply #286 on: April 20, 2016, 09:49:59 AM »

Seems a little backwards to hear all this bitching about the phones at concerts when we spend every show thread looking for as many Periscope links as we can find.

I don't think its backwards at all, and let me explain why....

I rarely watch these clips on YT because the quality is usually crap, and it takes away from the experience I will have when I'll actually go to a show. So these clips aren't for me. Also, to me at least, there's a difference between someone periscoping the show from a seated area way up high (like FEDE did in Las Vegas) or having the pit up front consisting mostly of people standing still watching their phones. It simply takes away from the experience. I'm not that old (36) but back when smartphones weren't everyone's life support people actually jumped, danced, sang and did whatever at a rock show. I remember going to a Prodigy show once and the entire audience bounced up and down throughout the venue ALL NIGHT LONG. I literally saw every corner of the venue and it was such an amazing feeling to be part of such an experience, with all these people at the same time.

To me, all these people standing still holding up their phone are prohibiting me from having a similar experience. It's a rock show so I am going to get pumped when I hear the opening to WTTJ or ISE. If I then have to stand still because some people want to stand still to film they get in the way of me enjoying the show.

So to me "bitching" about the phones is definitely legit. I don't need the crappy YouTube uploads. Just because you enjoy them doesn't mean everyone does. Also, people pay quite some money for a show. If they can't really see the stage because everyone and their mother is holding up their phone blocking the view it devaluates the tickets and thus the experience.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 09:51:50 AM by FreddieJames » Logged

Don't need your religion,
Don't watch that much T.V.,
Just making my living baby,
And that's enough for me.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #287 on: April 20, 2016, 09:53:11 AM »

To me, all these people standing still holding up their phone are prohibiting me from having a similar experience. It's a rock show so I am going to get pumped when I hear the opening to WTTJ or ISE. If I then have to stand still because some people want to stand still to film they get in the way of me enjoying the show.

You owe them nothing.

If they want to do whatever with their phones...hey, have at it.  But they work around everyone else and they get what they get.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Eduardo
VIP

Its just that demon life has got him in its sway

« Reply #288 on: April 20, 2016, 10:10:14 AM »

Brazil, where I live, used to be one of the best crowds in the world. Until smartphones came. Now people just stand there filming the whole goddamn show.

On the Stones show in March Mick Jagger even made a comment about it

Argentina now is the best crowd in the world
Six Strings
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #289 on: April 20, 2016, 10:12:05 AM »

I don't think its backwards at all, and let me explain why....

I rarely watch these clips on YT because the quality is usually crap, and it takes away from the experience I will have when I'll actually go to a show. So these clips aren't for me. Also, to me at least, there's a difference between someone periscoping the show from a seated area way up high (like FEDE did in Las Vegas) or having the pit up front consisting mostly of people standing still watching their phones. It simply takes away from the experience. I'm not that old (36) but back when smartphones weren't everyone's life support people actually jumped, danced, sang and did whatever at a rock show. I remember going to a Prodigy show once and the entire audience bounced up and down throughout the venue ALL NIGHT LONG. I literally saw every corner of the venue and it was such an amazing feeling to be part of such an experience, with all these people at the same time.

So to me "bitching" about the phones is definitely legit. I don't need the crappy YouTube uploads. Just because you enjoy them doesn't mean everyone does. Also, people pay quite some money for a show. If they can't really see the stage because everyone and their mother is holding up their phone blocking the view it devaluates the tickets and thus the experience.

Amen my friend. I'm 100% with you here. Actually to all the rock-heavy-punk concerts that I'm attending I usually leave my phone home. And I really don't care about the people that want to film or whatever. I jump, I enter the mosh-pit (if any). If you want to film, go to the floor section. At least this is how it works in Europe. I'm OK with it. Smiley

"...It don't really matter..."
Zak Alexander
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #290 on: April 20, 2016, 10:12:15 AM »

I find it amusing everyone going mad about people recording because if it wasn't for them we'd have nothing to watch and would then moan about that... I can record on my I phone and go mad at the same time, seen GNR four times and i go crazy but I like to record and look back, no big deal at all..seriously. I'm sure when they go to South America we will see wild crowds, Europe is great too. Just be happy that we can actually see videos of them.
Six Strings
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #291 on: April 20, 2016, 10:14:40 AM »

Brazil, where I live, used to be one of the best crowds in the world. Until smartphones came. Now people just stand there filming the whole goddamn show.

On the Stones show in March Mick Jagger even made a comment about it

Argentina now is the best crowd in the world

In general I agree, however there are some crazy crowd in The Balkans as well,  believe me. Smiley

On topic: Another great show. The band is on fire. I'm happy. Hey, D-G, remember I told ya, they will sold out everywhere? Do you believe me now?  Grin

"...It don't really matter..."
gunsbetterthanever
Rocker

« Reply #292 on: April 20, 2016, 10:39:17 AM »

Anyone notice his voice is better than any point from 2011 to 2014?

He has that extra rasp on the lower and upper registers.  Estranged sounded best since 1993.   It is all so good, but for Axl to perform at this level and Slash next to him....I honestly still am stunned!

The fact that American Stadiums are selling out?   WOW WOW WOW

"How bout a little Arnold"

....Hey Yeah.....Are ya Ready?
gunsbetterthanever
Rocker

« Reply #293 on: April 20, 2016, 10:40:53 AM »

I find it amusing everyone going mad about people recording because if it wasn't for them we'd have nothing to watch and would then moan about that... I can record on my I phone and go mad at the same time, seen GNR four times and i go crazy but I like to record and look back, no big deal at all..seriously. I'm sure when they go to South America we will see wild crowds, Europe is great too. Just be happy that we can actually see videos of them.

The more phones, the more vids for us fans!  LOL

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #294 on: April 20, 2016, 10:42:00 AM »

On topic: Another great show. The band is on fire. I'm happy. Hey, D-G, remember I told ya, they will sold out everywhere? Do you believe me now?  Grin

VERY encouraged and happy about the ticket sales.

I had a serious fear of them playing half filled venues and how that would be perceived.  Could not be happier with the outcome.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #295 on: April 20, 2016, 10:48:01 AM »

It sounds like there is more behind it. 

He was never going to sound like 1992 again, and that was not a realistic wish.  But I was so down on the 2011-2014 shows because he just had no power behind it.  I was in my iTunes last night and called up some 2012 shows.  They are painful and depressing.  Still boggles my mind they put that DVD out with him sounding like that.

Very much hope there is a DVD live album from this tour though.  More prefer the live album though, as I'm more of an audio guy.

JUST DON'T MESS WITH IT THIS TIME

johnreed3344
Rocker

« Reply #296 on: April 20, 2016, 11:05:29 AM »

seemed like a killer crowd this is tremendous!!!

12/5/02
5/17/06
11/5/06
11/17/11
11/26/11
2/10/12
2/24/12
6/8/13
4/8/16
4/16/16
7/14/16
7/23/16
10/11/17
10/12/17
10/15/17
10/16/17
7/1/18
10/1/19
8/5/21
8/11/23
8/15/23 NE
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #297 on: April 20, 2016, 11:11:54 AM »

i saw paul mcartney the night before last and i can think of ten people i saw who spent the entire show watching it through their phones. these days it seems, that's how people are taking in life, through their phones. it's scary. the high definition quality of a show if you put your phone away is amazing. Would you guys really be upset if you didn't get to see some videos from the tour? the video you watched of WTTJ live is probably exactly the same as the video you watched last week.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 11:14:55 AM by Axlfreek » Logged

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
gunsbetterthanever
Rocker

« Reply #298 on: April 20, 2016, 11:13:14 AM »

He was never going to sound like 1992 again, and that was not a realistic wish.  But I was so down on the 2011-2014 shows because he just had no power behind it.  I was in my iTunes last night and called up some 2012 shows.  They are painful and depressing.  Still boggles my mind they put that DVD out with him sounding like that.

Very much hope there is a DVD live album from this tour though.  More prefer the live album though, as I'm more of an audio guy.

Agree Gen x, He sings You Could Be Mine, PC, and so many songs better than he did for those 4 years.  I am wondering if he will get even closer to 2010 as he seems to be getting more rasp in his lower register on sings he had not since then.

I am loving these shows.  Slash and Axl.  Everytime I watch, I am so amazed!

Factory Girl
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #299 on: April 20, 2016, 11:19:54 AM »

Agree Gen x, He sings You Could Be Mine, PC, and so many songs better than he did for those 4 years.  I am wondering if he will get even closer to 2010 as he seems to be getting more rasp in his lower register on sings he had not since then.

I am loving these shows.  Slash and Axl.  Everytime I watch, I am so amazed!

I think this is the one thing we can all agree on: this whole April has been AMAZING!
I can't wait for him to get better and get out of that f$&@ throne.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 19 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: