Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 12:20:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns n Roses network like wwe
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns n Roses network like wwe  (Read 4123 times)
danrose51705
Headliner

Here Today...

« on: January 27, 2016, 10:28:30 PM »

How would  you guys like a guns n roses network? Old footage  new footage old  concert films  and Doc ??  They should  do this like the wwe network charge  people for it then when the concert hits  you get the concert live  then on video On  Demand  !!!  Any thoughts ? They could do it threw  guns n roses .com
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2016, 10:39:29 PM »

Seems like an expensive big production thing.

Any other bands do this?

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2016, 11:04:47 PM »

Doubt you'd have enough content.

WWE has a new PPV each month, several original series, and 30 years of PPVs in the back catalog from 3 major companies over that time (WWE, WCW, ECW).

Other than a Stones or Beatles, I don't know what band would have enough content of interest to do something like this.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Princess Leia
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2016, 03:49:14 AM »

Nah, they could eventually have their own official GN?R youtube channel or something like it. So they can upload shows, interviews or documentaries  from all eras.
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2016, 12:30:33 PM »

They could easily do this. It wouldn't be as big as WWE Network obviously so that is a poor comparable in size and content, but they could do something like it.

We all know very very little from 1994 through 2008 really about this band. That is a large gap in mostly unknown stuff. Was their footage of studio time?

Was their letters or interviews that never made it out?

Demos? Unreleased stuff? Mainly what about high quality concert footage or backstage footage during the UYI tour? There's quite a bit of stuff I think that MIGHT be out there. Who knows?

They could milk this so hard and really do the fans a lot of love and support by giving us some more material. At the end of the day we have 14 new songs in a period of 16 years or so...

that is moot, and I bet some of you were bitching and whining badly that you just had the ep from 87 until 91 lmao smoking

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2016, 03:17:22 PM »

I can't see a whole network, there just isn't enough content.  I can think of any band in history that would have enough content for something like that.  However it would make a lot more sense as a members only section on "Nightrain."  Lots of bands put exclusive video and music on their fan club page only accessible to members.  That would be really cool.
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2016, 04:02:30 PM »

I can't see a whole network, there just isn't enough content.  I can think of any band in history that would have enough content for something like that.  However it would make a lot more sense as a members only section on "Nightrain."  Lots of bands put exclusive video and music on their fan club page only accessible to members.  That would be really cool.

I'd love for them to have their own channel on Sirius, like PJ.  They could play live shows, deep cuts, interviews with band members, songs that inspired the band, etc.  That would be killer.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2016, 04:04:56 PM »

I'd love for them to have their own channel on Sirius, like PJ.  They could play live shows, deep cuts, interviews with band members, songs that inspired the band, etc.  That would be killer.

oh yeah, a Sirius channel for sure,  They have more than enough material for that.  I would actually have to subscribe to Sirius if this happened.
Sosso
VIP

Your Pong is no match for my Ping!

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2016, 04:31:09 PM »

Why not something like www.metallicalive.com with past and present tours? That would be awesome.

"?the key to that band's success was Axl because at that time his singing really connected with people on a social level." - Tracii Guns
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2016, 05:44:08 PM »

I thought everything was about on demand / streaming these days....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
doooodickiebr
VIP

Police and niggaz...get outta my way!

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2016, 05:46:40 PM »

Doubt you'd have enough content.

WWE has a new PPV each month, several original series, and 30 years of PPVs in the back catalog from 3 major companies over that time (WWE, WCW, ECW).

Other than a Stones or Beatles, I don't know what band would have enough content of interest to do something like this.

I agree. You'd need tons of backlog to keep content fresh

Baton Rouge, LA 1992
New Orleans, LA 1992
Biloxi, MS  2002 Cancelled!!!!
Kansas City, MO 2011
New Orleans, LA 2016
Houston, TX 2016
New Orleans, LA 2019
Biloxi, MS 2023
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2016, 10:20:38 PM »

Qello is a cool little app that has been introduced to most smart TV's as a downloadable app. tons of concerts archived on there from over the years.

would be cool to have a GNR feature.
danrose51705
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2016, 10:29:26 PM »

Im all about older  stuff  But I think it be real cool if  they decided to put the shows  live as well 
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2016, 06:15:07 AM »

As long as its something you can watch in your TV with Apple TV, Chromecast or whatever. I hate when people use those crappy flash players for video content that can only be viewed on your PC/Mac.

Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2016, 02:12:35 PM »

I would watch it if it was made available, but I think illegal downloading would limit any income, possibly?
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2016, 06:33:46 PM »

Yeah, I'd love that... Past shows in HD, all the crazy days with Buckethead, the acoustic shows... I'd sure pay for this...

kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2016, 09:38:18 PM »

A network, as in television? Too costly. WWE can do it because they already have a video production (and movie production) department and produce multiple hours of television content per week (3 hours of RAW plus Smackdown plus original shows like Total Divas Live, Legends House, etc) plus their extensive video library.

GNR doesn't have nearly that much material, and convincing cable providers to carry it would be a nightmare. It's too limited an audience.

As a Satellite FM channel or something? That could be possible, but in this day and age, Guns would be best served to start a streaming service/video library via their website, and charge a nominal fee for it.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: