Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 10:05:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228131 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Why so silent GNR?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why so silent GNR?  (Read 17297 times)
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2016, 04:24:28 PM »

I think releasing one photo of them rehearsing would be epic...

i always think back to that photo that was taken of them rehearsing for SCOM, the footage was used in the video... something like that would make me go apeshit. lol
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2016, 04:24:51 PM »

BECAUSE THEY ARE CURRENTLY MAKING THE NEXT GREATEST ALBUM IN ROCK HISTORY!! DUH!!!

Grin
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2016, 04:27:09 PM »

BECAUSE THEY ARE CURRENTLY MAKING THE NEXT GREATEST ALBUM IN ROCK HISTORY!! DUH!!!

Grin

If GNR didn't have an album with finished vocals, I'd call b.s. on that notion. But they do, so I can't.  Stranger things have happened.  hihi
Princess Leia
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2016, 04:28:42 PM »

I think for the first interview the 3 of them should do it with Del James and post it in Nightrain. Then fans forums and the media can pick it up from there

That'd be somewhat pointless, seeing how wherever it gets posted it will be on Nightrain within moments. Better to do it on a grander scale.  Go big or go home and all that...

Pointless giving something first to those fans who paid to be members? I don?t think so. But anyway they can do it with Eddie Trunk first, no big deal
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2016, 04:41:05 PM »

Doing an interview at a fanclub behind a paid firewall makes about as much sense as dropping your decade in the making album and "promoting it" via a few random unfocused chats on fan message boards.

Gotta do it where the most people can see it.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2016, 04:41:54 PM »

Other then a presser with all 3 involved... (which i dont see happening), i think the most likely is a RS cover.. or nothing at all between now and the first show.

I have no complaints with how theyve handled this so far...

would i go ape for an interview or some promotion.. of course... but so far its been pretty exciting and the intrigue levels are through the roof....
Whigged
Opening Act

« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2016, 04:49:05 PM »

I think so.  With the VH reunion, there was so much press and interviews before they played that it sort of took the luster off when they actually did.

With Guns, it's like this powder keg that, instead of leaking a little out here and there, they keep packing it full of powder, and keeping everyone guessing and wondering.  Then, when they hit Vegas they blow the roof off the place.  Once the tour (assuming there is a full tour) gets rolling, I think we'll see some interviews.  But until then, IMO they are intentionally keeping silent and letting the intrigue build...and I dig the shit out of that.

VH actually did ZERO press for their 2007 reunion other than the initial press conference. So that's a pretty off-base comparison - unless Guns don't do any either.
Giantrobott
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2016, 04:49:18 PM »

Silence is golden right now!
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2016, 04:50:06 PM »

Rolling Stone would be their best bet at national exposure, I would think.  I walk by lotsa news stands on the way to work, and that magazine is still everywhere.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2016, 04:54:36 PM »

Rolling Stone would be their best bet at national exposure, I would think.  I walk by lotsa news stands on the way to work, and that magazine is still everywhere.

And have always treated Axl very, very well.

Face it, that matters.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2016, 04:56:13 PM »

And have always treated Axl very, very well.

Face it, that matters.

Yeah, we've seen that Axl has a long memory for stuff like that.  Hopefully it pays off on the heals of the reunion.
matty29
Headliner

« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2016, 04:58:32 PM »

Let me start off by saying this is not intended to be a negative post/topic.  So anyone looking for an outlet for negativity, you're in the wrong thread.  Personally, I have my tickets and hotel for Vegas locked and loaded, and CANNOT WAIT for the bounty GNR fans are about to receive, very soon.

...So anyway...

Does anyone else find it odd that Axl, Slash, & Duff have yet to comment on any level on the reunion regrouping?  This is likely the biggest event in rock since the Van Halen reunion with Roth in 2007, and the three main players continue to be mums the word on their feelings, excitement, etc. regarding the upcoming shows, save for sharing the images likely sent by management on their social media pages.

Axl has been known for his exclusivity when it comes to interviews, but Slash & Duff typically are fairly vocal individuals on their social media and otherwise.  I don't imagine that they would be this quiet on the matter, unless otherwise instructed. Could they perhaps be readying a big all encompassing exclusive interview that includes all three of them?  For example, I would imagine the "big three" appearing on the cover of Rolling Stone with a huge article in tow would explain the lack of commenting thus far.

Could it be that we may not here anything until April 8? 

I think so.  With the VH reunion, there was so much press and interviews before they played that it sort of took the luster off when they actually did.

With Guns, it's like this powder keg that, instead of leaking a little out here and there, they keep packing it full of powder, and keeping everyone guessing and wondering.  Then, when they hit Vegas they blow the roof off the place.  Once the tour (assuming there is a full tour) gets rolling, I think we'll see some interviews.  But until then, IMO they are intentionally keeping silent and letting the intrigue build...and I dig the shit out of that.

It seems to me that they are taking a really prudent approach.  I think they all feel that the media has pushed their agenda on the band both during and after their time together.  Those comments taken out of context and shit being stirred up really lead to a lot of the animosity between them.  So I feel like they are purposefully keeping the circle super tight so they can do them.   All  takes is one bad quote or whatever to put things in jeopardy.  As Jarmo pointed out, they sold out 2 nights in vegas at ridiculous prices with nothing more than some generic crowd footage over welcome and some artwork.  

With regards to the VH reunion, you may remember that the first time they were back was the 96 vmas.  Then, during interviews, DLR and Eddie started arguing about answers to the press and they had ANOTHER falling out.  So yeah, i'll wait till 4/8.  Last time i saw them on stage together was 3/17/1993.  I can wait another 10 weeks.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2016, 05:02:47 PM »

With regards to the VH reunion, you may remember that the first time they were back was the 96 vmas.  Then, during interviews, DLR and Eddie started arguing about answers to the press and they had ANOTHER falling out.  So yeah, i'll wait till 4/8.  Last time i saw them on stage together was 3/17/1993.  I can wait another 10 weeks.

This is exactly why I don't share the fire some have for getting chapter and verse about how it all went to hell.

We finally have our miracle, against all odds.  You really want to pick that scab?  The risk of that torpedoing this is worth it to you?

Not me.

They fought.  They made up.  Here we are.  Yay!

All I need.

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2016, 05:03:59 PM »

Perhaps they just don't view the whole 'reunion' as very important? Maybe it's a cash grab to them- they'll play if interested, if not, move on?

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2016, 05:09:09 PM »

Maybe they could release a double album? Why not? It would go platinum so fast.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
Princess Leia
« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2016, 05:09:36 PM »

Doing an interview at a fanclub behind a paid firewall makes about as much sense as dropping your decade in the making album and "promoting it" via a few random unfocused chats on fan message boards.

Gotta do it where the most people can see it.

I don?t think Axl will be very happy doing  interviews with Kerrang and other magazines
matty29
Headliner

« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2016, 05:18:18 PM »

Perhaps they just don't view the whole 'reunion' as very important? Maybe it's a cash grab to them- they'll play if interested, if not, move on?

I have yet to see 1 single piece of information, ever, that says any of these guys are motivated by money as it pertains to their music businesses.  All of them have turned down opportunities, partnerships, etc. So why would that be the case now?  If it was a "cash grab" it would be the opposite.  They'd be plastered on everything trying to milk what they could out of it.  Seems quite the opposite.  If you want to see "cash grab" go check out how kiss promotes tours. 
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2016, 05:22:04 PM »

I have yet to see 1 single piece of information, ever, that says any of these guys are motivated by money as it pertains to their music businesses.  All of them have turned down opportunities, partnerships, etc. So why would that be the case now?  If it was a "cash grab" it would be the opposite.  They'd be plastered on everything trying to milk what they could out of it.  Seems quite the opposite.  If you want to see "cash grab" go check out how kiss promotes tours. 

How about the ticket price for the Vegas shows?

And have we seen any evidence at all that they care? At no point has any member of the band said they are into it, or excited by this. It's weird.

(I'm playing devil's advocate a bit here by the way, as i am excited, and love the band!)

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2016, 05:40:08 PM »

And have we seen any evidence at all that they care? At no point has any member of the band said they are into it, or excited by this. It's weird.

(I'm playing devil's advocate a bit here by the way, as i am excited, and love the band!)

It's a legit point.  I just don't think we can say yet. 

Right now, yeah, seems weird.  Could be part of the plan.  And once they all talk, it won't seem odd.

If that NEVER comes?  Yeah, that's weird.

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2016, 05:42:54 PM »

It's a legit point.  I just don't think we can say yet. 

Right now, yeah, seems weird.  Could be part of the plan.  And once they all talk, it won't seem odd.

If that NEVER comes?  Yeah, that's weird.

For sure. The jury is out as far as I'm concerned at the moment. Initially I thought it wasn't a cash grab, it couldn't be, they wouldn't do it that way etc etc. Recent events (and lack of) have swung me the other way.

Time will tell now.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: