Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2024, 06:59:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228473 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Tommy discusses his departure from GN'R + GN'R reunion
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tommy discusses his departure from GN'R + GN'R reunion  (Read 13505 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2016, 12:13:10 AM »

11,000+ posts here.... 156 posts there, i would have posted it here first and taken cherry out of the loop. BUT do you think you were the first person in the wold to link to the original article??

I took the time to transcribe that part of the interview, he copied and pasted it here.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
jamillos22
Rocker

« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2016, 02:55:50 AM »

I thought Tommy was always excellent, I am sort of sorry he's not with the band anymore, but I'm glad he left on good terms. Hopefully his personal stuff works out

I'm signing this.

Hell has frozen over.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2016, 06:51:25 AM »

I took the time to transcribe that part of the interview, he copied and pasted it here

Thanks for your transcription work.

There's a very simple way to avoid things like this from happening.
Unless you have some kind of petty grudge and you only show up here to point out how you posted something somewhere else first...  Smiley

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2016, 07:18:16 AM »

Hopefully, THAT is clear enough language for the folks who had some doubts.

izovah4me

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2016, 07:20:58 AM »

I took the time to transcribe that part of the interview, he copied and pasted it here

Thanks for your transcription work.

There's a very simple way to avoid things like this from happening.
Unless you have some kind of petty grudge and you only show up here to point out how you posted something somewhere else first...  Smiley

/jarmo

Petty grudge? Typical.  I just asked for a little shout-out to where he got what he posted, what I transcribed.  Not that it was posted first.

rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2016, 07:33:35 AM »

Im glad that Tommy left on good terms.

I really like his new ep, so the album should be great.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2016, 07:43:36 AM »

I remember before There Was A Time in Hammerstein 2006, Axl was trully touched about Tommy saying he was having a good time playing.. Seems he had some hard time about something in the rehearsals?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pf1pg3zVTI

Shiratamaniax
Headliner

« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2016, 08:30:55 AM »

Without him, GN'R couldn't have been what it is. Thank you so much Tommy... Cry

ヽ(゚∀゚)ノ 銃&薔薇ヽ(゚∀゚)ノ
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2016, 09:36:28 AM »

Petty grudge? Typical.  I just asked for a little shout-out to where he got what he posted, what I transcribed.  Not that it was posted first.

And I said that it's easy to avoid that kind of stuff if you want.

Some people would rather just not do that and then complain afterward because of whatever petty grudges they might have.
Is that the case here? You tell me. Smiley

So let me put it this way, if you just had posted it here as well, everybody would've known you did the work. No need for all this discussion. Easy. Smiley

But yeah, not cool to not credit whoever transcribed it....
So thanks for doing that.

Edited to add: Did you see these?
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ex-guns-n-roses-bassist-tommy-stinson-classic-gnr-reunion-will-be-a-healing-thing-for-them/
http://ultimateclassicrock.com/tommy-stinson-guns-n-roses-reunion/

/jarmo
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 11:23:43 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2016, 11:32:45 AM »

I always had the feeling Tommy was cool with Duff coming back, replacing himself. But it's good to know there's no hard feelings, I always liked Tommy.

I think he actually said in an interview a couple of years ago that he wouldn't stand in the way if GNR at one time decided to reunite, he would welcome it.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2016, 11:46:19 AM »

Interesting when he says:  I think Axl got to the position where he was, like, 'Okay, so what am I going to do now? 'Cause I don't have a band. Blah blah blah.'
Indicates to me that Axl was going to continue with the current lineup and just went to Slash and Duff reunion, semi-reunion or whatever this is because his options were limited maybe not necessarily because he wanted to...

I would disagree the last part of this.

The notion that Slash or Duff would just be waiting by the phone ready to enlist as one of Axl's musicians to keep the current version of Gn'r going is far off..in my opinion. These guys were at peace and performing the music they wanted. Obviously $$$ plays a big part..but I think this is going to be more of a collaborative effort than some people are painting.
dmathski
Rocker

« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2016, 12:36:09 PM »

Interesting when he says:  I think Axl got to the position where he was, like, 'Okay, so what am I going to do now? 'Cause I don't have a band. Blah blah blah.'
Indicates to me that Axl was going to continue with the current lineup and just went to Slash and Duff reunion, semi-reunion or whatever this is because his options were limited maybe not necessarily because he wanted to...

I would disagree the last part of this.

The notion that Slash or Duff would just be waiting by the phone ready to enlist as one of Axl's musicians to keep the current version of Gn'r going is far off..in my opinion. These guys were at peace and performing the music they wanted. Obviously $$$ plays a big part..but I think this is going to be more of a collaborative effort than some people are painting.

That's not to indicate that they were waiting by the phone. To me it's an indication that that opened Axl up to talking to Slash with the possibility if it goes well then talking to him if he's open to playing together. Axl's not stupid. For him to bring in 2 new guitarists and a bassist at this point would really be a joke to the vast majority.

August 3, 1991  Inglewood, CA. The Forum

September 30, 1992    San Diego, CA. Jack Murphy Stadium

December 31, 2001  Las Vegas, NV. The Joint

August 22, 2016 San Diego, CA. Qualcomm Sstadium
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2016, 01:06:12 PM »

Yes I did Jarmo.  That ran after I posted it and he did his own transcription.  Again with the petty grudges.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2016, 01:10:27 PM »

You failed to answer my question. Smiley

/jarmo

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2016, 01:15:56 PM »

I have always just posted interviews articles etc. one time, on one website.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2016, 01:20:44 PM »

Ok. Got it.

Well, speaking as someone who's also had his "work" occasionally go uncredited in the last twenty years, maybe being pro-active would help....
Just something to consider.  Smiley

/jarmo

sky dog
Legend

« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2016, 01:28:44 PM »

Tommy or Funky...your choice?  Grin

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
Sosso
VIP

Your Pong is no match for my Ping!

« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2016, 01:57:42 PM »

Robin is gone, Paul is gone, Buckethead is gone, Bryan Mantia is gone, and now Tommy is gone. That sucks! Really. I love the line-ups from 2001/2002.

But I'll see what happens in 2016. Slash N' Duff are back and I wanna see what they could contribute to the band now.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 02:03:20 PM by Sosso » Logged

"?the key to that band's success was Axl because at that time his singing really connected with people on a social level." - Tracii Guns
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2016, 03:31:32 PM »

Robin is gone, Paul is gone, Buckethead is gone, Bryan Mantia is gone, and now Tommy is gone. That sucks! Really. I love the line-ups from 2001/2002.

But I'll see what happens in 2016. Slash N' Duff are back and I wanna see what they could contribute to the band now.

We saw one album from all of those guys and lineups, yet the live aspect of the band was terrific..I see the return as best of both worlds, because Slash is killer live and Duff has his head on straight and is the consumate professional. My hope is that the creative juices will flow again as well.
Continental_Drift
Headliner

MaoAxl (98-12)

« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2016, 04:07:14 PM »

Tommy's a "true Gunner" in my book. Brought a lot of instant credibility to the revamped lineup in the late 90s and had an impressive tenure with the band thereafter (including Chinese Democracy). Thanks for the memories- good luck with your own music- and rock on man. Cool 

#GnFnR
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: