Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 12:27:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  General "Not In This Lifetime... Tour" thread *1st POST UPDATE NOV 30*
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 119 Go Down Print
Author Topic: General "Not In This Lifetime... Tour" thread *1st POST UPDATE NOV 30*  (Read 516013 times)
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1780 on: August 30, 2016, 05:51:32 AM »

I'd be more concerned with Izzy's absence if they were actually going to try an album.

Live?  Not as crucial.

I reckon it's a pipe dream we'll hear new music. I'd be stunned if that ever happens.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #1781 on: August 30, 2016, 07:53:59 AM »

How could you possibly be stunned by anything happening with GNR after what's happened in 2016?

Maybe you don't understand what the word stunning means... I would call this whole year very stunning.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #1782 on: August 30, 2016, 09:19:36 AM »

I see both arguments there, fellas.

I also am not holding my breath on any new material.  But if this year taught us anything, it's never say never.

I think it probably hinges on Slash more than Axl.  I think Axl would be more content to just keep touring with nothing new.  Been doing that forever now, anyway.

Not sure Slash is as receptive to that.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #1783 on: August 30, 2016, 09:43:16 AM »

I also am not holding my breath on any new material.  But if this year taught us anything, it's never say never.

I think it probably hinges on Slash more than Axl.  I think Axl would be more content to just keep touring with nothing new.  Been doing that forever now, anyway.

We all know that Axl time is different than real time... and it could be a few years or 15 years.

That is different than just saying I don't think anything ever comes out because that's just what I think based on no real reasoning.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #1784 on: August 30, 2016, 10:06:31 AM »

That is different than just saying I don't think anything ever comes out because that's just what I think based on no real reasoning.

My reasoning is actually simple.

I don't see 'Chinese Democracy II : Now With More Slash & Duff!' ever coming out.  Playing 3 songs to placate Axl for the live show < > accepting a clearly subordinate role on an actual release with the band's name on it.

And if the alternative is starting from scratch, what's the realistic time table on that?  Also accounting for them being on the road much of next year.

For the record, I would still go see another tour in 2019 or whenever, regardless.  And frankly, most of the ticket buying public would too, I reckon.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #1785 on: August 30, 2016, 10:26:56 AM »

I don't see 'Chinese Democracy II : Now With More Slash & Duff!' ever coming out.  Playing 3 songs to placate Axl for the live show < > accepting a clearly subordinate role on an actual release with the band's name on it.

And if the alternative is starting from scratch, what's the realistic time table on that?  Also accounting for them being on the road much of next year.

For the record, I would still go see another tour in 2019 or whenever, regardless.  And frankly, most of the ticket buying public would too, I reckon.

A new song on a movie soundtrack would be very easy
The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #1786 on: August 30, 2016, 10:43:34 AM »

Follow the money  Wink  Touring is where it's at these days  peace
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1787 on: August 30, 2016, 05:38:53 PM »

And somewhere down the line a new album could help sell more tickets. And a new album could be completed quicker by having Slash and Duff add their input into existing songs. Anything is possible if they want to keep this train moving.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #1788 on: August 30, 2016, 07:52:02 PM »

Guns N' Roses set to sell out NZ tour within morning:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/music/83742927/guns-n-roses-tickets-on-sale-this-morning-for-wellington-and-auckland-shows

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #1789 on: August 31, 2016, 03:52:42 AM »

And somewhere down the line a new album could help sell more tickets. And a new album could be completed quicker by having Slash and Duff add their input into existing songs. Anything is possible if they want to keep this train moving.
No doubt about it, but and its a big but, until they run out of things to tour against that album is miles away. They have Europe festivals and stadiums after SA, Japan Australia and NZ, then back to the US and Canada, to do arenas back to SA, then Japan,Australia and NZ arenas, followed by European arenas. So all in all, you probably have another 3-4 years of touring before they run out of NITL options....
Mike McKagan
Rocker

I'm a small town white boy...

« Reply #1790 on: August 31, 2016, 07:48:37 AM »

I'm with you--I wouldn't be shocked either way, though the general entropy of GN'R over the years has me leaning toward "no new music." That said, I remember lots of interviews in the '80s and '90s where various band members talked about how songs grew out of riffs and jams during sound checks, and for the first time in decades, they're back doing sound checks. So maybe, if there's going to be new music, that's where it'll come from. But that's (obviously) just me spitballing.  beer

VR--Nashville, TN--10/16/04
GNR--Portland, OR--12/11/06
GNR--Rosemont, IL--11/15/11
GNR--Nashville, TN--07/09/16
GNR--Saint Louis, MO--09/09/23 (canceled)
SF--Terre Haute, IN--07/21/2024 (cancele
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1791 on: August 31, 2016, 10:07:54 AM »

We all know that Axl time is different than real time... and it could be a few years or 15 years.

It's opinion though- I know things this year have been unexpected, but personally I'd be amazed if we see any new material at any point in the near future. Obviously, I'm more than happy to be proved wrong on this- but based on how long Chinese took, how we've not really had any indication they're even writing together, let alone recording, I'd say it's way more likely we see nothing new than we see something, other than a live recording/dvd.

I'd say that's a pretty reasoned approach- as reasoned as saying 'we will see new material' certainly. We don't know either way- but as someone above said, if they're following the money, it's all about major tours. I can't see new material being even a major consideration.

Also- and this is a whole different debate- do people actually WANT new material? Obviously 99.9 per cent of the people on this board do, but we're not 'normal' fans. We were there through all the Chinese years and tours, discussing it all, etc etc. Does the average man on the street give a shit about new GNR material? Sure he might go and see them, love Appetite, maybe even buy a tshirt from a high street store, but he wants to go to the shows, sing along with SCOM, and that's it. As far as new material goes- I doubt that many people actually want it, sad as it seems. It's sort of irrelevant to them. They might listen to it once or twice, decide "it ain't Paradise City" and go back to their lives. Nostalgia is a major driving force in commercial music now, and it's what sells. New music doesn't fit in with that- so I'm not sure the band will be under much pressure to bother doing new stuff, certainly from a commercial point of view. I think that will have some sort of impact on things too.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #1792 on: August 31, 2016, 10:53:24 AM »

A new song on a movie soundtrack would be very easy

Sure, but that has been true for the past 15 years.

Now, could this current band crank out at least one original song?  One written by them, and not them cutting and pasting over something Robin Finck wrote in 2001?

Yeah, I suppose so.

But would that help or hurt CD II stuff coming out?  Dunno.  I think hurts more than it helps.  Once they see they can do something new that is their own, why be content touching up songs that have sat in the magical mystery vault for all this time?

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #1793 on: August 31, 2016, 10:57:09 AM »

Also- and this is a whole different debate- do people actually WANT new material? Obviously 99.9 per cent of the people on this board do, but we're not 'normal' fans. We were there through all the Chinese years and tours, discussing it all, etc etc. Does the average man on the street give a shit about new GNR material?

I really doubt it.

49,328 people were at my show.  If 5,000 said new material affected their attendance at a future show, I'd be stunned.

Furthermore, you could fill those 5,000 seats with people that didn't take the plunge on NITL and will do so next time out.  And they ain't coming for new songs either.

Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #1794 on: August 31, 2016, 11:03:11 AM »

Better chance I think of new music with Slash and Duff on board VS previous Nu Guns lineup.  Not sure if that means it will actually happen though.

This tour could go on for a few years. And Id go see it again when / if it comes back to my neck of the woods new music or no new music.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1795 on: August 31, 2016, 12:03:16 PM »

Next up Latin America, then Japan, New Zealand and Australia in early 2017. After those, there's still places to go...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1796 on: August 31, 2016, 12:20:50 PM »

Also- and this is a whole different debate- do people actually WANT new material? Obviously 99.9 per cent of the people on this board do, but we're not 'normal' fans. We were there through all the Chinese years and tours, discussing it all, etc etc. Does the average man on the street give a shit about new GNR material?

I really doubt it.

49,328 people were at my show.  If 5,000 said new material affected their attendance at a future show, I'd be stunned.

Furthermore, you could fill those 5,000 seats with people that didn't take the plunge on NITL and will do so next time out.  And they ain't coming for new songs either.

Agree with that totally. I find it pretty depressing, but there's no point dressing it up as something it isn't. It's the state of affairs. I think Roger Daltry did an interview recently in which he said pretty much the same thing about The Who- that there just 'wasn't any point' in them recording new music, as it's not what people want. I seem to remember Kiss saying a similar thing too at some point. I think it's a case of enjoying this tour, staying in the moment, and not pinning any hopes on what may happen in the future. 

GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #1797 on: September 01, 2016, 05:23:14 PM »

Guns N' Roses ‏@gunsnroses
SYDNEY - you asked for it! #NotInThisLifetime 2017 Tour http://smarturl.it/GNROz  #GNROz pic.twitter.com/qP2tAlwfCG

Saturday, February 11    
ANZ Stadium
Sydney, AU
NIGHTRAIN PRESALE - SEPT 2 @ 3PM   
VIP ON-SALE - SEPT 2 @ 3PM   
ON-SALE - SEPT 7 @ 3PM

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #1798 on: September 01, 2016, 07:08:05 PM »

The first Sydney show is sold-out?

Sweetness is a virtue
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #1799 on: September 01, 2016, 07:34:38 PM »

There's a 7-day gap between Osaka and Tokyo, something's bound to show up there I think.

Sweetness is a virtue
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 119 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: