Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 06:01:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228528 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  General "Not In This Lifetime... Tour" thread *1st POST UPDATE NOV 30*
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 119 Go Down Print
Author Topic: General "Not In This Lifetime... Tour" thread *1st POST UPDATE NOV 30*  (Read 515576 times)
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #1700 on: August 02, 2016, 08:55:43 PM »

I would love to hear Axl and Slash write something fresh together......
TBH, I don't care if they do or don't.  If I had my druthers, I would want Izzy n' Chris n' Tommy to be involved along with Dizzy, Richard, Frank, Melissa and Duff.  

Am I reading this right? In a perfect world you would want to hear an album written by a group including Axl, Izzy, Chris Pittman, Tommy, Dizzy, Richard, Frank, Melissa, and Duff... but you could take or leave Slash?

NO!  You are NOT reading it right!!!  That list is in addition to Axl and Slash!!!

But TBH, I was lying about wanting Melissa n' Duff to be included.  Embarrassed

See that's why I had to ask... but I drop Tommy for Duff 1000 times out of 1000 though, and keep Melissa for vocals and what ever Pittman did.
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1701 on: August 02, 2016, 09:09:40 PM »

The only way Slash will be recording with Myles again, is if he and Axl cant come to terms with recording new music again.
I don't believe more than a few days goes by without Slash tweeting thanks to the SMKC fans for their loyalty so it wouldn't surprise me if he and Myles are going to continue their collaborating in his off-time from GNR.
He tweeted this just a few hours ago and is typical tweet of him acknowledging the SMKC fans.
Slash ‏@Slash
Happy 2nd anniversary to @(smkcfan) ! Great job on the #SMKC brigade! Cheers! iiii]; )'

Even with Myles, he's very focused.......... It is known that he is shy. 

Apparently, he's only shy around Myles.  hihi

Ok, there are certain things that I don't want to see from Slash nor Axl. Somethings with both of them need to be covered up.  lol Gross.
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1702 on: August 02, 2016, 09:11:54 PM »

There is no going back now. 

None.

I concur.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #1703 on: August 02, 2016, 09:14:18 PM »

This came via email tonight:

Official "Not In This Lifetime" Tour Merch in the GN'R Store Now!

« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 09:17:29 PM by GypsySoul » Logged

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #1704 on: August 03, 2016, 09:21:37 AM »

My Portuguese and Spanish isn't very good, but from what I can gather the Nov 11 Sao Paulo and the Nov 23 Medellin shows are almost sold out?

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #1705 on: August 03, 2016, 12:37:15 PM »

This came via email tonight:

Official "Not In This Lifetime" Tour Merch in the GN'R Store Now!

Ordered one shirt for Arlington 2016 today and will pick up another (different style) at the stadium tonight. I hope they are good quality, they sure are not inexpensive.

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #1706 on: August 03, 2016, 02:49:33 PM »

My Portuguese and Spanish isn't very good, but from what I can gather the Nov 11 Sao Paulo and the Nov 23 Medellin shows are almost sold out?
I can still select the VIP and some of the chairs in Sao Paulo. Dunno about how many are still available.

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1707 on: August 03, 2016, 03:20:05 PM »

However you view things, the future has to be new music. Without that, GNR in any form is dead in the water as anything more than a nostalgia trip-which leaves me cold.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #1708 on: August 03, 2016, 03:32:57 PM »

However you view things, the future has to be new music. Without that, GNR in any form is dead in the water as anything more than a nostalgia trip-which leaves me cold.

But the flipside of that is asking how many ticket buyers really care.

I happen to think that stadiums in the U.S. might have been a one time thing.  But I think they could do arenas in the U.S. in perpetuity on back catalog alone.

While I share your opinion about something new being welcome, I don't think it's imperative for their business model.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #1709 on: August 03, 2016, 05:09:58 PM »

None.
That's just silly.  Of course Axl n' Slash can go back/move forward without each other.

Slash can (and I believe still plans to) continue his collaborating with Myles and his (Slash's) other artistic endeavors.

As for Axl and GNR, he's having an amazing run not only with GNR but with AC/DC too. 

Supposedly in the not too distant future, Angus will be on the lookout for a vehicle to bring the AC/DC catalogue to live audiences.

Angus himself has an astronomical following.  Axl's no slouch when it comes to his own number of rabid fans.

You yourself raved in the Axl~AC/DC thread how amazing Axl sounded during those shows with Angus.

If for some reason it happens that Slash is once again out of GNR then a hybrid Angus~GNR could work extremely well!

Angus would of course handle the lead on the AC/DC stuff and Richard would take the lead on the GNR stuff!!!

The vast number of AC/DC songs could be rotated in n' out of the setlist each show replacing all the covers so all that bitching n' whining about the setlist n' covers would be eliminated too!!!

And then Izzy comes back to write a new album along with Axl n' Angus!!!

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #1710 on: August 03, 2016, 05:23:12 PM »

Personally I don't think Slash will leave GN'R again. He might continue his solo stuff in a smaller way on the side, but these shows that GN'R are doing now, they are too big a thing.

Sweetness is a virtue
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #1711 on: August 03, 2016, 05:30:23 PM »

Personally I don't think Slash will leave GN'R again. He might continue his solo stuff in a smaller way on the side, but these shows that GN'R are doing now, they are too big a thing.

Agree.  But if something were to go awry, it certainly doesn't mean the end of the careers of Slash or Axl or GNR itself.

Virolec
Rocker

« Reply #1712 on: August 03, 2016, 05:32:27 PM »

I think it's highly likely that they'll all do solo projects, side-projects and all that, but still tour (and hopefully record) together as Guns N' Roses.  

Re: Slash onstage... I think all them are focusing on nailing this.  This, more than any tour with Myles Kennedy, or any Tour Axl has done since 2006, or any tour Duff has done since the first couple of times out with VR, is going to define the next stage of their careers.  They can't afford to half-ass this.  And they're not.

Nargle them.  Fargle them.  Nargle-fargle them.
Factory Girl
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1713 on: August 03, 2016, 05:50:01 PM »

None.
That's just silly.  Of course Axl n' Slash can go back/move forward without each other.

Slash can (and I believe still plans to) continue his collaborating with Myles and his (Slash's) other artistic endeavors.

As for Axl and GNR, he's having an amazing run not only with GNR but with AC/DC too. 

Supposedly in the not too distant future, Angus will be on the lookout for a vehicle to bring the AC/DC catalogue to live audiences.

Angus himself has an astronomical following.  Axl's no slouch when it comes to his own number of rabid fans.

You yourself raved in the Axl~AC/DC thread how amazing Axl sounded during those shows with Angus.

If for some reason it happens that Slash is once again out of GNR then a hybrid Angus~GNR could work extremely well!

Angus would of course handle the lead on the AC/DC stuff and Richard would take the lead on the GNR stuff!!!

The vast number of AC/DC songs could be rotated in n' out of the setlist each show replacing all the covers so all that bitching n' whining about the setlist n' covers would be eliminated too!!!

And then Izzy comes back to write a new album along with Axl n' Angus!!!

Axl does whatever he wants and we know he's capable of the craziest decisions. As I said before, I really don't think that, if Slash happens to leave the band, Axl will be in a good place. I don't think people will have the same interest after seeing the big three together.
By the way, Axl is having a great run with GNR because he's playing with....Slash! And of course he's also doing a great job.
Slash has all his solo projects to go back to. Axl doesn't. We still don't know what Angus wants for ACDCs future, but it doesn't seem bright to me. Sure they can form a new band, whatever, but doing a ACDC/GNR mix cover band makes me cringe. I really hope they don't decide to go in that direction.
Anyway, everything can change, but right now Slash is in a much more comfortable position than Axl. I hope they can make it work and release new material.

By the way, I was listening to the Rolling Stone podcast and one of their journalists doesn't believe they're in good terms. The media silence, the few words onstage etc. I'm not saying that I agree, I don't, but I really think that a lot of people share his opinion. The other journalist did not agree with him either. I really think it would be great if they did some kind of interview. Once again, I'm just sharing.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1714 on: August 03, 2016, 06:02:37 PM »

Ok Ok.... Could we please get this thread back to being about the actual tour and not about whatever might happen outside the tour?

Thank you.

It's impossible to keep track of general tour updates when pages and pages of posts are about other stuff.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #1715 on: August 03, 2016, 06:31:28 PM »

Thank you.

/jarmo

You're Welcome.  Tongue

Jarmo | HTGTH.com ‏@htgth
Buenos Aires, November 4th: Nightrain pre-sale and VIP packages on sale tomorrow August 4th #GnFnR #NotInThisLifetime

sky dog
Legend

« Reply #1716 on: August 04, 2016, 09:17:13 AM »

Piggy backin' off the Bilboard thread on album sales, has anyone else noticed that Live Nation and Gnr aren't reporting their touring numbers to Billboard Boxscore? It is kinda odd considering the numbers they are doing. Undecided

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #1717 on: August 04, 2016, 09:31:03 AM »

Piggy backin' off the Bilboard thread on album sales, has anyone else noticed that Live Nation and Gnr aren't reporting their touring numbers to Billboard Boxscore? It is kinda odd considering the numbers they are doing. Undecided

They might be reported in a big bulk when the leg has ended? GNR occupying the top 20 spots...

Sweetness is a virtue
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #1718 on: August 04, 2016, 10:19:47 AM »

Guns N' Roses ‏@gunsnroses

?Bueno Aires! Entradas para #GnFnR ya est?n disponibles en preventa... http://smarturl.it/GnFnRlatin

Bueno Aires! Tickets for #GnFnR already available in presale... http://smarturl.it/GnFnRlatin 

doooodickiebr
VIP

Police and niggaz...get outta my way!

« Reply #1719 on: August 04, 2016, 12:34:12 PM »

Just got a call from Ticketmaster. Tomorrow night's show in Houston was set to begin at 8:30. It has been moved up a half hour to 8 p.m. . Just thought anyone going might want to know. I'm pretty excited for this one as New Orleans was amazing

Baton Rouge, LA 1992
New Orleans, LA 1992
Biloxi, MS  2002 Cancelled!!!!
Kansas City, MO 2011
New Orleans, LA 2016
Houston, TX 2016
New Orleans, LA 2019
Biloxi, MS 2023
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 119 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: