Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 10:24:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  General "Not In This Lifetime... Tour" thread *1st POST UPDATE NOV 30*
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 119 Go Down Print
Author Topic: General "Not In This Lifetime... Tour" thread *1st POST UPDATE NOV 30*  (Read 515870 times)
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #1660 on: August 01, 2016, 04:46:49 PM »

An interview about how they got back together might not be what we all had imagined, as was said in this thread.

An interview at this point would be an interesting one though, four months since their first show together. They probably have a lot to say about how it feels to be on a stage together again.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #1661 on: August 01, 2016, 05:35:56 PM »

An interview about how they got back together might not be what we all had imagined, as was said in this thread.

An interview at this point would be an interesting one though, four months since their first show together. They probably have a lot to say about how it feels to be on a stage together again.

I would pay good money for that

Not like some people that just wait for a band to come to there city or download bootlegs

I would pay actual cash for this.

It would be great if it was a part of some blue ray

Half one disk a live concert. 

The other half.  Talk about the songs.  Interviews.  Road stories.  Yada yada
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #1662 on: August 01, 2016, 06:04:12 PM »

They probably have a lot to say about how it feels to be on a stage together again.
We all know that when they do interviews - individually or collectively - they are going to be telling some really great stories/anecdotes and the fans are going to hang on/slice/dice/probe every word and repeat them back as the absolute god-honest truth.  Doubt any one of them is going to say "it's only business..... we show up separately ... go onstage together ... give our all to the fans .... walk offstage together... go our own separate ways until the next show time."

But really what's to say after ...  yeah, it feels good or meh, feels like it always did or it is what it is.

Two specific incidents tell me that there's probably not much going on on the onstage feelings front.  One was when Axl was joking with Frank about what was written on Axl's t-shirt.  Frank and Axl were having a really good laugh over it.  Axl taps Slash on the shoulder and points to the shirt.  Slash gave him an obligatory heehee smile and then went back to being stone-faced.  The second was when Axl was being silly n' playful and he tickled Slash.  Again, Slash gave him an obligatory heehee smile and then went back to being stone-faced.

Axl has always been very generous with his stage-presence going from bandmember to bandmember so the natural focus that's on him while he's singing also draws attention to whomever he's standing/interacting with at that moment.  Slash's onstage persona seems to be more focused and on doing the job to the absolute best of his abilities.  (I find it kind of sad that Slash doesn't seem to be having too much fun.  Maybe he should try wearing a silly hat or something.)

I'm sure we would all love it if they said how magical it is to be back onstage together and how they have so much fun ... like the time Axl came out wearing that shirt with the silly saying on it and they were all rolling with laughter or the time Axl was tickling Slash to teasingly distract him while he was playing.

I do look forward to any interviews.  I just don't give too much credence to the truth or accuracy of what's going to be said.

It's meant to be entertainment not the gospel truth.  Like that time Axl said "not in this lifetime".....

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Factory Girl
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1663 on: August 01, 2016, 06:15:40 PM »

I think the interview could only be a bummer if you expect a beautiful story about how they missed each other. I don't, so I would love to know how this all happened, the rehearsals, playing with Richard and Frank, how they did the setlist, how it felt like playing together after so much time, how the tour is going.
Although I do think they secretly missed each other at some point, when for a few minutes they were able to forget they hated each other. Just look what these guys are doing every night on stage. Slash is much better with Axl and Axl is much better with Slash.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #1664 on: August 01, 2016, 06:44:47 PM »

Two specific incidents tell me that there's probably not much going on on the onstage feelings front.  One was when Axl was joking with Frank about what was written on Axl's t-shirt.  Frank and Axl were having a really good laugh over it.  Axl taps Slash on the shoulder and points to the shirt.  Slash gave him an obligatory heehee smile and then went back to being stone-faced.  The second was when Axl was being silly n' playful and he tickled Slash.  Again, Slash gave him an obligatory heehee smile and then went back to being stone-faced.

You say it doesn't seem like Slash has a lot of fun. Maybe an interview would dispel that impression, he might not show enjoyment on stage by going around laughing. You're only guessing right?

I'm mostly interested in how they feel now, as time has passed since they got together again. What their thoughts are on the future, maybe about making music again. I get that it's always considered "Area 51 level" of secrecy around this subject, but it's still what I hope for.

Axl didn't seem very shy to talk about all sorts of subjects during the London interview, with questions coming from the audience no less. I think if they do decide to do an interview somewhere, sometime, it won't be for contractual purposes, but because they are into the idea and then will be open to any question. It will be a great interview.

Axl already proposed a new interview with Eddie Trunk, so let's see what happens with that.

Sweetness is a virtue
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1665 on: August 01, 2016, 06:57:46 PM »

I'm with Gypsy on this.

I think that interview might wind up being a bummer.

I saw Axl & Slash play Coma front row center.  I care not how that came together, only that it did.

And hell, if my pie in the sky wish for a new album comes true, ya think I'm gonna say "But...But...they never told us HOW they got back together!!" Hell no.

TESTIFY
ok
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1666 on: August 01, 2016, 07:03:51 PM »

You say it doesn't seem like Slash has a lot of fun. Maybe an interview would dispel that impression, he might not show enjoyment on stage by going around laughing. You're only guessing right?

I'm mostly interested in how they feel now, as time has passed since they got together again. What their thoughts are on the future, maybe about making music again. I get that it's always considered "Area 51 level" of secrecy around this subject, but it's still what I hope for.

Axl didn't seem very shy to talk about all sorts of subjects during the London interview, with questions coming from the audience no less. I think if they do decide to do an interview somewhere, sometime, it won't be for contractual purposes, but because they are into the idea and then will be open to any question. It will be a great interview.

Axl already proposed a new interview with Eddie Trunk, so let's see what happens with that.

Who's to say that Slash isn't having fun? Slash is a very focus guitarist. Even with Myles, he's very focused. I saw him twice with Myles. He really didn't say much. It is known that he is shy. 
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #1667 on: August 01, 2016, 07:05:48 PM »

Who's to say that Slash isn't having fun? Slash is a very focus guitarist. Even with Myles, he's very focused. I saw him twice with Myles. He really didn't say much. It is known that he is shy. 

I'm not saying that...

Sweetness is a virtue
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #1668 on: August 01, 2016, 07:16:59 PM »

I'm not saying that...

I was the one that said it SEEMS like he's not having fun because he seems to be more focused.

I also said he should maybe try wearing a silly hat.  Lips Sealed

Slash's onstage persona seems to be more focused and on doing the job to the absolute best of his abilities.  (I find it kind of sad that Slash doesn't seem to be having too much fun.  Maybe he should try wearing a silly hat or something.)

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #1669 on: August 01, 2016, 07:27:34 PM »

I'm not saying that...

I was the one that said it SEEMS like he's not having fun because he seems to be more focused.

Slash's onstage persona seems to be more focused and on doing the job to the absolute best of his abilities.  (I find it kind of sad that Slash doesn't seem to be having too much fun.  Maybe he should try wearing a silly hat or something.)

... and my point was that an interview could reveal what their true feelings about this thing is. Of course, if no one are having fun, there won't be an interview. I don't think that's the case though.

Sure, we could get answers like "it's great" and "we love it", but it depends on the interviewer I think.

The onstage thing is just one small thing though, as I said before I hope they will sit down and talk about what the future holds, if there are any plans and maybe some details around that. If they've thought so far ahead yet, that is.

Sweetness is a virtue
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1670 on: August 01, 2016, 08:10:23 PM »

Reminder: Buenos Aires is going on sale for fan club members this week, August 4th.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Jbat81
Rocker

NY FOOTBALL GIANTS

« Reply #1671 on: August 02, 2016, 11:34:26 AM »

http://www.laweekly.com/arts/canters-deli-is-hosting-an-exclusive-guns-n-roses-photo-exhibit-this-month-7205489

5-14-06 NY
5-15-06 NY
11-08-06 MA
11-17-11 NJ
11-19-11 CT
11-25-11 MA
12-30-11 NV
12-31-11 NV
2-10-12 NY
2-12-12 NY
2-15-12 NY
4-8-16 NV
4-9-16 NV
7-19-16 MA
7-20-16 MA
russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #1672 on: August 02, 2016, 01:04:11 PM »

I've seen Slash and Myles a bunch of times and you are right that Slash does not talk much, but I am not sure that talking or not is the correct measure of having fun. When I saw the band last time in Denver (October 2015) Slash was smiling a lot and clearly having fun. You can tell. Maybe it was the "mile high" city. But I for one don't think that talking is best way to tell.

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #1673 on: August 02, 2016, 01:07:13 PM »

I'm not saying that...

... and my point was that an interview could reveal what their true feelings about this thing is. Of course, if no one are having fun, there won't be an interview. I don't think that's the case though.

Sure, we could get answers like "it's great" and "we love it", but it depends on the interviewer I think.

The onstage thing is just one small thing though, as I said before I hope they will sit down and talk about what the future holds, if there are any plans and maybe some details around that. If they've thought so far ahead yet, that is.

About the future: I find it curious that no one in the band or associated with it, to my knowledge, has said that the US tour and the dates to follow mean that the band is back together on a permanent basis. They've just said they are doing a whole tour. So what happens after that has run its course? It's entirely reasonable that Slash and Duff go back to their solo projects. That leaves Axl kind of stuck. At this point Axl needs Slash more than Slash needs Axl. Or maybe GNR will come together on an "as needed" basis which leaves plenty of time for side projects. In any event, I would bet money that we have not heard the last of Slash with Myles and the Conspirators. Unlike VR, which does appear to be dead.

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #1674 on: August 02, 2016, 01:19:39 PM »

I'm not saying that...

About the future: I find it curious that no one in the band or associated with it, to my knowledge, has said that the US tour and the dates to follow mean that the band is back together on a permanent basis. They've just said they are doing a whole tour. So what happens after that has run its course? It's entirely reasonable that Slash and Duff go back to their solo projects. That leaves Axl kind of stuck. At this point Axl needs Slash more than Slash needs Axl. Or maybe GNR will come together on an "as needed" basis which leaves plenty of time for side projects. In any event, I would bet money that we have not heard the last of Slash with Myles and the Conspirators. Unlike VR, which does appear to be dead.

The only way Slash will be recording with Myles again, is if he and Axl cant come to terms with recording new music again.

If Axl wants to play these giant American stadium shows, he will still need Slash.

However if aftr all this is done, Axl could easily get any guitar player to tour with him, just like he has done for years
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #1675 on: August 02, 2016, 01:24:41 PM »

Thought VR was over even before Weiland died.

This one I really would like to hear/see. Since the CD saga we all have to get tidbits here and there about new and unreleased stuff, which are just the things Im more interested on.

Id also love to get some details of Slash and Duff's rehearsal on the CD songs, stuff like that.

Factory Girl
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1676 on: August 02, 2016, 01:35:20 PM »

I'm not saying that...

The only way Slash will be recording with Myles again, is if he and Axl cant come to terms with recording new music again.

If Axl wants to play these giant American stadium shows, he will still need Slash.

However if aftr all this is done, Axl could easily get any guitar player to tour with him, just like he has done for years

Do you really think that, after touring and playing with Slash and Duff, Axl will get a good response from the public, media etc. picking new musicians to form a new GNR? I don't think so.
Princess Leia
« Reply #1677 on: August 02, 2016, 01:58:16 PM »

I'm not saying that...

Do you really think that, after touring and playing with Slash and Duff, Axl will get a good response from the public, media etc. picking new musicians to form a new GNR? I don't think so.

I don't rule out the possibility. We don't know if the are writing songs. We don't know if they are or will be recording. Even if they are doing all this it is up to the record company to make that happen. 

Axl still owns the name (as far as I know) so he can do whatever he wants. Frank and Richard are already there. Maybe DJ and Tommy could join them again. And so could Finck or somebody else.

Of course they won't perform in stadiums. But Axl and the people I mentioned have their fans. So they can always perfom in Vegas
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #1678 on: August 02, 2016, 02:00:26 PM »

The Pink Slips and Alice as openers in Seattle.  Smiley

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #1679 on: August 02, 2016, 02:26:12 PM »

I'm not saying that...

He wouldn't get much of a response at all in the states...  But just like last time, he did it.   

The response is still there no matter what world wide.    So it really all depends.  Does he want to write new music with this band and tour and promote that.  Or not....
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 119 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: