Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 12:39:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  General "Not In This Lifetime... Tour" thread *1st POST UPDATE NOV 30*
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 119 Go Down Print
Author Topic: General "Not In This Lifetime... Tour" thread *1st POST UPDATE NOV 30*  (Read 516051 times)
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #1640 on: July 31, 2016, 12:19:54 PM »

Just take a deep breath. Think back to a year ago. Did you think this is where we'd be today?
Puts things in perspective.

Impossible to dispute.

And honestly, I'm more excited about the rave reviews each show had gotten than a sit down interview.

Who are you and what have you done with DGenx?   Shocked

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #1641 on: July 31, 2016, 12:24:31 PM »

Why would wanting more gnr be a bad thing?

It depends on how you present it.

Some are supportive and positive, others just come off as a bunch of whining people who'll never be happy.

Just take a deep breath. Think back to a year ago. Did you think this is where we'd be today?

/jarmo

Exactly- as bizarre as it seems, some "fans" enjoy finding things to whine about.

Guess if they found a suitcase with a million dollars in it they would complain about the condition of the suitcase and having to count all that pesky money.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #1642 on: July 31, 2016, 12:28:31 PM »

I believe all kind of debates are legimate and all opinions should be heard. Otherwise this forum and all the others have no reason to exist.
We all share a common thing here supposedly - the love for the band.
Criticism is ok, of course. We all have opinions about stuff. But when its just negative stuff and debbie downers, I think we have plenty already on YouTube and other boards. I mean, we had decades of people complaining already. More than enough IMO.

There are actually more posts on here complaining about other people's posts

Than there is posts complaint about the band

So it's ok to complain about posts but not ok to be critical about aspects of the band?  

Ok got it

woohoo!!!!  Guns n roses!!!  

Everything thing do is the best and I am just happy they are doi g what they are doing!! Yessssss!  I never would of thought in all my years we would be here hahaha

As I have said many times this is great    It truely is.  

But there are a few things I can not stand.   It is what it is.    
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #1643 on: July 31, 2016, 12:54:05 PM »

Take away your sarcasm and rethoric. It doesnt work.

Like I said: criticism is ok.

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #1644 on: July 31, 2016, 02:00:48 PM »

What's with the Glastonbury rumour Huh

Surely, it would fit in perfectly but is there any real info behind that? We know they'll be in Europe, we know what Glastonbury is but anything else?

No concrete sources other than the bookies having them as favorites to headline the festival. Traditionally bookies have sources as a base for setting their odds.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Princess Leia
« Reply #1645 on: July 31, 2016, 02:13:31 PM »

No, I don't think this is about critisism or complaints. Many things went on from Vegas 2014 to this day. Axl went from his not in this life time and Slash is a cancer to doing a reunion tour with Slash, now all is smiles and tickles. We also have Adler as a guest, the unthinkable happened. Yet Izzy who seemed most likely to join it is not there so far. On top of that the Pitman thing. He went from I see you in Coachella to no longer being in the band after like 20 years as a member.

I don't know about you. But I'd like to have more information about all these events that seemed to come out of nowhere. I don't mean to know every single detail but at least I wanna know a little bit more. I don't see anything wrong with that.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #1646 on: July 31, 2016, 02:45:51 PM »

No, I don't think this is about critisism or complaints. Many things went on from Vegas 2014 to this day. Axl went from his not in this life time and Slash is a cancer to doing a reunion tour with Slash, now all is smiles and tickles. We also have Adler as a guest, the unthinkable happened. Yet Izzy who seemed most likely to join it is not there so far. On top of that the Pitman thing. He went from I see you in Coachella to no longer being in the band after like 20 years as a member.

I don't know about you. But I'd like to have more information about all these events that seemed to come out of nowhere. I don't mean to know every single detail but at least I wanna know a little bit more. I don't see anything wrong with that.
I agree with you on everything here. I wasn't talking about this kinda of information or people actually wanting to know more. I even said in that Axl's interview in the China Exchange thing that I didnt understand how people didnt want to follow up some questions and his answers with more digging.

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1647 on: July 31, 2016, 07:25:11 PM »

Critical opinion is one thing-I've been vocal on here in the past about some things, as loads of us have- but relentless negativity really is draining. Way I see it, there's little to complain about at the moment, except maybe ticket prices being steep. Really though, if you can't enjoy things at the moment, I'm not sure why on earth you would be a GNR fan! And I haven't managed to see the tour yet!

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
zod
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1648 on: July 31, 2016, 08:03:30 PM »

Anyone heard any rumours as to the Seattle (and most likely San Fran) opener is?  I find it wierd they've held off on announcing it so long.. seeing as it's less than two weeks away.
Factory Girl
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1649 on: July 31, 2016, 09:57:09 PM »

Totally agree.
I'm not asking for a tell all interview, details about their lawsuits and fights. I don't really care about any of that.
I just wanna know about how this all happened, just questions about what is going on now with the band, the rehearsals etc. Would be great to hear from them for a change. I also don't buy the "they don't need to do any interviews, the shows are selling, it would ruin the band's mistique" speech. There's a million ways they could do this having total control of the content and Axl seemed comfortable at the China Exchange event, I don't think he has any problems talking about this. The tour is amazing so far, but this is a missing piece in the puzzle imo.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #1650 on: July 31, 2016, 10:24:21 PM »

Totally agree.
I'm not asking for a tell all interview, details about their lawsuits and fights. I don't really care about any of that.
I just wanna know about how this all happened, just questions about what is going on now with the band, the rehearsals etc. Would be great to hear from them for a change. I also don't buy the "they don't need to do any interviews, the shows are selling, it would ruin the band's mistique" speech. There's a million ways they could do this having total control of the content and Axl seemed comfortable at the China Exchange event, I don't think he has any problems talking about this. The tour is amazing so far, but this is a missing piece in the puzzle imo.

Yep you are totally right

I have said for years I would love to see some sorta coffee table book about the making of the album CD. Full of never be fore seen pictures and interviews

How cool now would a interview with all band members be!   It would be epic.  It could be pre recorded with all the questions known.  What is there to hide or not want to talk about?

You are also right.  The whole the tour is selling its self so they do not have to promote it.  Is bs

MLB NHL games are sold out all the time.  Players still talk.   It's how it is.

So when your sales go south.  Hope not, but if they do.  Then they have to start promoting it?  Then we as good fans just accept it?   Well I probably will still haha

This tour is dong great to sell the fac tto fans and promoters that the band is back to do buisness

There we so many stories to tell and as a fan I want to hear them.   
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #1651 on: August 01, 2016, 01:43:33 AM »

How cool now would a interview with all band members be!   It would be epic.  It could be pre recorded with all the questions known.  What is there to hide or not want to talk about?

What if there really aren't any stories to tell?  What if the truth of the matter is that it's just a business arrangement?  Just because everyone is all full of shits n' giggles onstage doesn't mean they're buddy-buddy offstage.  Does anyone really think they all now are having some interactions together offstage on some personal level??  Does anyone really want to hear them say that it's all just business?

If that is the truth of the situation then they're obviously NOT going to say that in any interviews.  Chris sort of said it out loud and we all know how that worked out for him.

Just like the 3 or 4 different versions of Axl n' Duff bumping into each other in London, do we really want to hear 7 different stories about how all this came together if none of them are the truth?  (how many years has it been now and we all still can't agree 100% if Used To Love Her is about a dog or a person!!!)

Sometimes truth is the truth hurts, don't you agree?  (especially when the truth is there's nothing to tell)

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #1652 on: August 01, 2016, 07:15:45 AM »

Totally agree.
What happensd to Paul?

He stunk

But axl himself  said he was the reason gnr was still around. 

I love rnr baby. 

D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #1653 on: August 01, 2016, 09:28:18 AM »

Impossible to dispute.

And honestly, I'm more excited about the rave reviews each show had gotten than a sit down interview.

Who are you and what have you done with DGenx?   Shocked

I was finally dealt some new cards.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #1654 on: August 01, 2016, 01:17:51 PM »

What if there really aren't any stories to tell?  What if the truth of the matter is that it's just a business arrangement?  Just because everyone is all full of shits n' giggles onstage doesn't mean they're buddy-buddy offstage.  Does anyone really think they all now are having some interactions together offstage on some personal level??  Does anyone really want to hear them say that it's all just business?

If that is the truth of the situation then they're obviously NOT going to say that in any interviews.  Chris sort of said it out loud and we all know how that worked out for him.

Just like the 3 or 4 different versions of Axl n' Duff bumping into each other in London, do we really want to hear 7 different stories about how all this came together if none of them are the truth?  (how many years has it been now and we all still can't agree 100% if Used To Love Her is about a dog or a person!!!)

Sometimes truth is the truth hurts, don't you agree?  (especially when the truth is there's nothing to tell)

Yea that's it. 

There just is nothing to talk about.

Some people find a birthdate enough to talk about.  Haha
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #1655 on: August 01, 2016, 02:35:46 PM »

Yea that's it. 

There just is nothing to talk about.

Some people find a birthdate enough to talk about.  Haha
Oh fuckin' please get over that I like to celebrate people on their birthday.

And try taking a reading comprehension course in your spare time. 

I didn't say there was nothing to talk about.  I only asked a 'what if' the REAL story is that it is just a business arrangement and there is no glamorous "by happenstance we bumped into each other on a beach on a warm moonlight night ... are eyes met and instantly all those long-ago emotions just came flooding back... we jumped into each others arms and simultaneously said.... let's go do a stadium tour together and afterwards we'll hang out and eat junk food (only occasional popcorn) and watch the Turner Classic Movie channel till the sun comes up!!!"

Yeah.  That's an interview I want to hear.  Roll Eyes

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #1656 on: August 01, 2016, 02:37:46 PM »

Perhaps there was some agreement upfront to not do press, for fear that something could be said that would jeopardize this whole thing.  If they ever decide to do some real interviews, a sit down interview with Howard Stern would be incredible.  His celebrity interviews are the best in the business, giving each subject well over an hour uninterrupted and unfiltered.  

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #1657 on: August 01, 2016, 02:38:48 PM »

I'm with Gypsy on this.

I think that interview might wind up being a bummer.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1658 on: August 01, 2016, 03:29:06 PM »

I'm with Gypsy on this.

I saw Axl & Slash play Coma front row center.  I care not how that came together, only that it did.

And hell, if my pie in the sky wish for a new album comes true, ya think I'm gonna say "But...But...they never told us HOW they got back together!!" Hell no.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #1659 on: August 01, 2016, 03:30:44 PM »

I'm with Gypsy on this.

I saw Axl & Slash play Coma front row center.  I care not how that came together, only that it did.

And hell, if my pie in the sky wish for a new album comes true, ya think I'm gonna say "But...But...they never told us HOW they got back together!!" Hell no.

TESTIFY

Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 119 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: