Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 02:13:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  General "Not In This Lifetime... Tour" thread *1st POST UPDATE NOV 30*
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 119 Go Down Print
Author Topic: General "Not In This Lifetime... Tour" thread *1st POST UPDATE NOV 30*  (Read 516086 times)
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #1620 on: July 30, 2016, 01:54:52 PM »

At this stage do we even need interviews? I don't. I like the no nonsense approach- get out there, play the shows. Makes a nice change to the media circus other bands get involved in.
Nope. I know some people don't like to hear it, but this tour is selling itself. Once tens of thousands of people stop flocking to stadiums to see them or they have some sort of product to push, there's really no essential need for interviews. And even then it's not a given. Van Halen never gave interviews after they reunited with Dave and that was by design. They probably didn't want to drudge up any bad feelings from the past, I know we're all dying to hear from them as much as we can. But I'm fine with letting them do their talking on stage.

Yes

Why would it be so bad to have an interview?  Why would knowing more things gnr a bad thing?

I havnt heard a decent interview in years.  One with actual questions and then when answers are given, you know, follow up questions.   

So as a gnr fan I am asking for more gnr exposure......   More content....

Less cover songs and more guns music!!!   

People can say they are happy with what is happening and I am....   

But

I want more

I do love reading though, how people are ok with the lack of interviews, lack of playing all the classic songs, happy with covers

Why would wanting more gnr be a bad thing?
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #1621 on: July 30, 2016, 02:00:30 PM »

So why do they not play don't cry every night?

Why do they not play more songs from the album lies......
Isn't Patience from Lies?  As I'm sure you know, they alternate between Patience and Don't Cry.
I'm guessing the reason more songs from Lies haven't been played yet is because they seem to be trying to do an equal percentage of songs from all the albums.  I believe it's just a numbers thing.

Why is there zero interviews.
Even though there have not been any "formal" "collective" interviews, Slash has talked (or should I say given non-answers) to different media outlets.  I believe Duff, Frank and Richard have also individually "answered" questions.
I'm guessing that the reason for no formal interviews by the three or the band as a whole is because they feel that the fans getting to witness the "rejoining" speaks for itself and anything said in an interview would be sliced n' diced n' probed to such an ad-nauseam extent that it would distract from the actual performances. (sort of like all the talk surrounding them playing "Sorry")

So did Matt play drums for 2 shows?   Then sign a some sorta non talk clause
I'm guessing this is a typo and you're referring to Steven.  Steven didn't talk prior to his appearances and everyone figured/hoped it was because he would be invited to perform to some extent, which he was.  We can only guess that the reason for his continued 'radio silence' is because he will return again at some point.

What is izzys thoughts ?
With the "Izzy is family" statement released by the band, one can only guess that Izzy's current non-participation is by his own choice.

Tommy was at a couple of shows.     Why can't he even speak.     Lock Down.....
Tommy has spoken several times in interviews about his time in GNR and what he thinks about the rejoining.  No gag here.

What does Robin think of slash totally changing the intro to his! Song?
Maybe Robin's intro was just something strictly by/for Robin himself and just happened to wind up on the album??  Similar to the intro that Slash plays prior to his version of the Godfather theme.  Maybe it's not really a part of the song so it's no biggie to Robin how/what's played prior to the actual song (which I believe Slash does play 'true' to Robin).

haha, Yes I meant Steven

I have zero interest in Matts thoughs
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #1622 on: July 30, 2016, 02:46:04 PM »

Matt Sorum, Izzy, Tommy and Robin are not band members anymore. Maybe they just dont want to speak about something they are not related to anymore. Or maybe nobody really asked.

What's the point anyways? This has nothing to do with the band.

Let's get back to the topic.

I don't think the Sao Paulo gigs are sold out yet, and the November 12th seems to still have tickets in all the sectors. Should be a good opportunity to get tickets if you didnt already. And there's a good probability we'll get a slightly different setlist, maybe some surprise like CITR the other day. Smiley

The point is to talk or hear about anything guns n Ross's past and present.

You are right

Let's get back on topic

Silence................
Dont know why you have to be such a smartass about everything. All you do is complain and then get sarcastic about peoples replies. It gets old very fast.

The thing is that your bitching is just not the point of this thread. You rather beat the dead horse? Be my guest, Im not a mod here nor I pretend to be one. But there is actually new dates announced, and I am excited about it. That's what I was willing to talk about and what you call "silence". 

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #1623 on: July 30, 2016, 02:50:04 PM »

Matt Sorum, Izzy, Tommy and Robin are not band members anymore. Maybe they just dont want to speak about something they are not related to anymore. Or maybe nobody really asked.

I don't think the Sao Paulo gigs are sold out yet, and the November 12th seems to still have tickets in all the sectors. Should be a good opportunity to get tickets if you didnt already. And there's a good probability we'll get a slightly different setlist, maybe some surprise like CITR the other day. Smiley

You are right

Let's get back on topic

Silence................
Dont know why you have to be such a smartass about everything. All you do is complain and then get sarcastic about peoples replies. It gets old very fast.

The thing is that your bitching is just not the point of this thread. You rather beat the dead horse? Be my guest, Im not a mod here nor I pretend to be one. But there is actually new dates announced, and I am excited about it. That's what I was willing to talk about and what you call "silence". 

Ok talk away. I can't wait to read it!
Princess Leia
« Reply #1624 on: July 30, 2016, 03:05:49 PM »

At this stage do we even need interviews? I don't. I like the no nonsense approach- get out there, play the shows. Makes a nice change to the media circus other bands get involved in.
Nope. I know some people don't like to hear it, but this tour is selling itself. Once tens of thousands of people stop flocking to stadiums to see them or they have some sort of product to push, there's really no essential need for interviews. And even then it's not a given. Van Halen never gave interviews after they reunited with Dave and that was by design. They probably didn't want to drudge up any bad feelings from the past, I know we're all dying to hear from them as much as we can. But I'm fine with letting them do their talking on stage.

Yes

Why would it be so bad to have an interview?  Why would knowing more things gnr a bad thing?

I havnt heard a decent interview in years.  One with actual questions and then when answers are given, you know, follow up questions.   

But

I want more

I do love reading though, how people are ok with the lack of interviews, lack of playing all the classic songs, happy with covers

It's not a bad thing wanting more albums or more GN'R songs instead of covers. I want more UYI songs in the setlist. As for news, yeah there are things that need to be explained. Just the other day someone poisted at mygnr some chatting that Richard had in his FB. Someones said "I miss Pitman" and Richard's answer was "What exactly is it that you miss?" rofl

That answer shows me that things with Pitman were worst than I thought. One day I hope to know what happened.

More Adler and Izzy are going to happen at some point. If it is not during the U.S. it will be in South America or Europe
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #1625 on: July 30, 2016, 03:08:10 PM »

Yes

But

I want more

It's not a bad thing wanting more albums or more GN'R songs instead of covers. I want more UYI songs in the setlist. As for news, yeah there are things that need to be explained. Just the other day someone poisted at mygnr some chatting that Richard had in his FB. Someones said "I miss Pitman" and Richard's answer was "What exactly is it that you miss?" rofl

That answer shows me that things with Pitman were worst than I thought. One day I hope to know what happened.

More Adler and Izzy are going to happen at some point. If it is not during the U.S. it will be in South America or Europe

I would love to know more about the whole pitman thing.  There has to be more to it than a couple of drunk txts.   Cause there is def nothing wrong with that   Hahahaha
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #1626 on: July 30, 2016, 04:50:52 PM »

You are right

Let's get back on topic

Silence................

Ok talk away. I can't wait to read it!
That all you got? Cool. Keep moaning then.

GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #1627 on: July 30, 2016, 06:59:42 PM »

As for news, yeah there are things that need to be explained. Just the other day someone poisted at mygnr some chatting that Richard had in his FB. Someones said "I miss Pitman" and Richard's answer was "What exactly is it that you miss?" rofl

I would love to know more about the whole pitman thing.  There has to be more to it than a couple of drunk txts.   Cause there is def nothing wrong with that   Hahahaha

That's a misrepresentation of the conversation on Facebook -  albeit partially Richard's fault for his phrasing or lack thereof. 

People were discussing the whole 'why a 2nd keyboardist' with some making disparaging remarks about Melissa and her being in the band when someone replied with the "I miss Pitman" comment. 

In what I'm guessing was Richard's (failed) attempt at chivalry, he posted the "what exactly is it that you miss?" comment, which of course in the GNR world translates into him throwing shade at Chris. 

The conversation then moved to the forums and became 'Richard hates Chris!!!' when in actuality all it was was Richard trying to be Gallant* but wound up being a Goofus*  (I love Richard but sometimes the shit he and other band/camp members post on social media just makes me shake my head and roll my eyes.)  I can't decide if it was smart or not but I don't believe Richard posted anything else in that Facebook conversation to quantify/clarify his question to that comment.

P.S.  I miss Pitman too.  Cry

P.P.S.
*Old school HIGHLIGHTS reference!!!! headbanger

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1628 on: July 30, 2016, 07:05:46 PM »

It depends on how you present it.

Some are supportive and positive, others just come off as a bunch of whining people who'll never be happy.

Just take a deep breath. Think back to a year ago. Did you think this is where we'd be today?
Puts things in perspective.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1629 on: July 30, 2016, 07:38:41 PM »

It depends on how you present it.

Some are supportive and positive, others just come off as a bunch of whining people who'll never be happy.

Just take a deep breath. Think back to a year ago. Did you think this is where we'd be today?

/jarmo

Definitely not, i'd have asked you what you were smoking and where i could get some hihi
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #1630 on: July 30, 2016, 07:53:28 PM »

What's with the Glastonbury rumour Huh

Surely, it would fit in perfectly but is there any real info behind that? We know they'll be in Europe, we know what Glastonbury is but anything else?
GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #1631 on: July 30, 2016, 08:13:37 PM »

It's pretty sad when for years you had nothing going on and people wondering if anything would ever happen with this band. Then the unthinkable happens and you get the big 3 back together on a tour that is kicking ass and people want to complain. It's obvious there are people in here who will never be satisfied GNR could come out with a brand new album tomorrow and there are a bunch of people who would complain oh why haven't they given us an interview to talk about it. Im sorry but you people who complain there is not enough  GET A LIFE!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1632 on: July 30, 2016, 11:37:27 PM »

Yes

But

I want more

Nobody ever said wanting more from your favorite band was a bad thing. I'd love to hear them on Stern. See them on Kimmel. Have them perform at the VMA's, SNL, and the Super Bowl. Those things are all normal. But none of that is scheduled. A whole bunch of shows are scheduled though and they're getting rave reviews at every stop. That's the reality of the situation. Maybe we'll get some extra curriculars someday, but it's been pretty clear from the outset that it hasn't been in the cards. At least not anytime soon, no matter how badly we want more.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #1633 on: July 30, 2016, 11:52:53 PM »

Impossible to dispute.

And honestly, I'm more excited about the rave reviews each show had gotten than a sit down interview.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #1634 on: July 31, 2016, 12:17:37 AM »

And honestly, I'm more excited about the rave reviews each show had gotten than a sit down interview.

I've said it before but I'll say it again. A really deep interview would take so much out of the mystique that the band still without doubt has. Let's enjoy this now and maybe get an interview later. That'll be so much cooler in 14 years time remembering this already amazing tour.
Princess Leia
« Reply #1635 on: July 31, 2016, 02:38:52 AM »

As for news, yeah there are things that need to be explained. Just the other day someone poisted at mygnr some chatting that Richard had in his FB. Someones said "I miss Pitman" and Richard's answer was "What exactly is it that you miss?" rofl

That's a misrepresentation of the conversation on Facebook -  albeit partially Richard's fault for his phrasing or lack thereof. 

People were discussing the whole 'why a 2nd keyboardist' with some making disparaging remarks about Melissa and her being in the band when someone replied with the "I miss Pitman" comment. 

In what I'm guessing was Richard's (failed) attempt at chivalry, he posted the "what exactly is it that you miss?" comment, which of course in the GNR world translates into him throwing shade at Chris. 

The conversation then moved to the forums and became 'Richard hates Chris!!!' when in actuality all it was was Richard trying to be Gallant* but wound up being a Goofus*  (I love Richard but sometimes the shit he and other band/camp members post on social media just makes me shake my head and roll my eyes.)  I can't decide if it was smart or not but I don't believe Richard posted anything else in that Facebook conversation to quantify/clarify his question to that comment.

P.S.  I miss Pitman too.  Cry

P.P.S.
*Old school HIGHLIGHTS reference!!!! headbanger

I never said that Richard hates Pitman. I don't care about Richard's feelings toward Pitman. But with that kind of answer it is clear Pitman didn't part ways in good terms. I don't miss Pitman at all nor I think a second keyboard is necessary. But Melissa's main  contribution  is her back up vocals more than the keyboards.

I believe all kind of debates are legimate and all opinions should be heard. Otherwise this forum and all the others have no reason to exist.
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1636 on: July 31, 2016, 02:48:38 AM »

But he is fair in asking what exactly do you miss? Was it his stage presence? His keyboard playing? His stage banter? It's a fair enough question and not a dig as far as I can see anyway.

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #1637 on: July 31, 2016, 07:45:28 AM »

I've said it before but I'll say it again. A really deep interview would take so much out of the mystique that the band still without doubt has. Let's enjoy this now and maybe get an interview later. That'll be so much cooler in 14 years time remembering this already amazing tour.

Agreed.... I think it was an interview with Doug Goldstein, maybe, but not 100% sure with Eddie Trunk, back in January when the whole regrouping thing had just broken, he said the bands dynamic changed when Axl went to dinner with David Bowie and Mick Jagger and was told by Jagger that the band is now a business and that he advise Axl to leave everybody wanting more.  My guess is that Axl is living that mantra and as such being illusive, the media in particular, but the fans also, are getting a sip if the GnR champagne whilst knowing that there is a whole bottle to drink...

Once the bottle is gone, so is the mystique   Wink
« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 07:47:51 AM by The Wight Gunner » Logged
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #1638 on: July 31, 2016, 11:39:19 AM »

I believe all kind of debates are legimate and all opinions should be heard. Otherwise this forum and all the others have no reason to exist.
We all share a common thing here supposedly - the love for the band.
Criticism is ok, of course. We all have opinions about stuff. But when its just negative stuff and debbie downers, I think we have plenty already on YouTube and other boards. I mean, we had decades of people complaining already. More than enough IMO.

sky dog
Legend

« Reply #1639 on: July 31, 2016, 12:00:29 PM »

Impossible to dispute.

of course....makes us proud to be Gnr fans. A sit down interview would just be generic bullshit....they will NEVER tell you all the sordid details. This isn't Motley Crue. I hope they don't do any interviews ever just so they can spit in the face of this generations craptastic media.

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 119 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: