Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 04:36:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  General "Not In This Lifetime... Tour" thread *1st POST UPDATE NOV 30*
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 119 Go Down Print
Author Topic: General "Not In This Lifetime... Tour" thread *1st POST UPDATE NOV 30*  (Read 516199 times)
Jbat81
Rocker

NY FOOTBALL GIANTS

« Reply #1600 on: July 29, 2016, 12:49:55 PM »

Sure wish Guns would do some sorta interview.   Someone, someplace talk about something GNR.   So much to talk about and they havnt given us anything

Hopefully when they get back on the West Coast between the LA and SD dates then can reschedule the Kimmel appearance. Maybe a quick interview and a 1 or 2 song acoustic set.

I'm surprised they haven't used their social media presence to even do something quick like the AC/DC Euro Tour kickoff video just to see the three of them sitting next to each other talking.

Yea I don't understand why not put out a short video of them. Do an interview...something. The excuse that they dont need to because is selling well n bla bla bla ain't good enough. Do it for the loyal fans like us that have been there thru all the postponed CD release dates, cancellation, heartbreak etc... But they "don't owe us anything"... The reason I think they haven't done any interviews together is to maybe not piss each other off bringing old shit back...  Kinda like my ex girlfriend used to do. "Remember on June 23 2008 you came home late. You were prob w that bitch!!"  So Maybe is better if they dont interview together hahaha

5-14-06 NY
5-15-06 NY
11-08-06 MA
11-17-11 NJ
11-19-11 CT
11-25-11 MA
12-30-11 NV
12-31-11 NV
2-10-12 NY
2-12-12 NY
2-15-12 NY
4-8-16 NV
4-9-16 NV
7-19-16 MA
7-20-16 MA
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #1601 on: July 29, 2016, 01:05:59 PM »

I haven't been "at the office" all summer. Speaking for myself I do a lot of my posting when at work.

I'm sure its the same for a lot of people.

Business will pick up in the fall and if and when they do some interviews people will start dissecting every word they say.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #1602 on: July 29, 2016, 01:38:11 PM »

I actually appreciate that theres not the tsunami of posts like in other boards. Here you can actually follow a conversation and there's less members ignoring everyone outside their little group.

So yeah, to me it's all good even in work days.

D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #1603 on: July 29, 2016, 01:57:32 PM »

I actually appreciate that theres not the tsunami of posts like in other boards. Here you can actually follow a conversation and there's less members ignoring everyone outside their little group.

Yeah, I don't know how one even has a conversation at MYGNR.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #1604 on: July 29, 2016, 02:04:01 PM »

Yeah, I don't know how one even has a conversation at MYGNR.

They have a great picture thread doe.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Factory Girl
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1605 on: July 29, 2016, 02:30:49 PM »

I also think the level of discussion here is much better. I often see that some people just go there to say whatever they want, offend each other and act like a fanboy/fangirl. And I have no patience for that. The upside of that fanboy/fangirl thing is that they find/post some stuff there that people often don't talk about here.

There's also the fact that we already know the show is great, we know the setlist, there's anything to speculate. Everything is fine, they seem to be getting along, so there's not that much to say without repeating ourselves.

But I agree, I'd love to see an interview.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 02:35:33 PM by Factory Girl » Logged
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1606 on: July 29, 2016, 02:42:22 PM »

Here we've got a pretty good mix of attitudes - we call the band out on mistakes and also praise them. People here seem to know their stuff. I like coming on here a lot- it's always good to discuss GNR with people that actually care.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1607 on: July 29, 2016, 02:43:03 PM »

What's with no announcement yet of openers for the last few shows?  Inside two weeks away

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #1608 on: July 29, 2016, 02:46:40 PM »

I don't post too much, but enjoy reading and keeping up, posting once in a while.  I stopped checking mygnr regularly awhile ago.  Since the reunion became official, things have been very copacetic here. No more of the endless arguments,  just all enjoying this beautiful hybrid lineup killing it, Axl doing everything right, and public sentiment becoming more and more positive each day.  

These next 10 years can be some of their best, touring the world, and god willing releasing new music.  

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1609 on: July 29, 2016, 05:59:14 PM »

What's with no announcement yet of openers for the last few shows?  Inside two weeks away
I'm wondering about this as well, maybe there will be no opener.
Bazfreak
VIP

Wololoo

« Reply #1610 on: July 29, 2016, 06:28:32 PM »

I just go to MYGNR threads to seek periscope links!  ok

Its so messy and massive that it annoys me...HTGTH board kicks major ass!!  beer

14/apr/2010 @Apoteose Rio | 02/oct/2011 @Rock in Rio 2011 | 20/mar/2014 @HSBC Arena Rio | 12/nov/2016 @Alllianz Park S?o Paulo | 15/nov/2016 @Est?dio Engenh?o Rio | 23/sep/2017 @ Rock in Rio 2017
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1611 on: July 29, 2016, 07:48:24 PM »

Curitiba is currently sold out on Blueticket

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1612 on: July 29, 2016, 08:20:08 PM »

I think this is a really good board! I have posted in MYGNRforum, but  it's not the same. Some of it deals with the fact that it gets tiring hearing the same complaints. Most of it, though, deals with the fact that I've been visiting this website since the beginning. For me, nothing really comes close to this website.

Jarmo, it would be cool to meet if you are going to the MSG show  for Axl/DC.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #1613 on: July 29, 2016, 11:46:21 PM »

I think this is a really good board! I have posted in MYGNRforum, but  it's not the same. Some of it deals with the fact that it gets tiring hearing the same complaints. Most of it, though, deals with the fact that I've been visiting this website since the beginning. For me, nothing really comes close to this website.

Jarmo, it would be cool to meet if you are going to the MSG show  for Axl/DC.

Well at least with my one question

I got at least 10 posts

Way better than normal

So why do they not play don't cry every night?

Why do they not play more songs from the album lies......

Why is there zero interviews.

So did Matt play drums for 2 shows?   Then sign a some sorta non talk clause

What is izzys thoughts ?

Tommy was at a couple of shows.     Why can't he even speak.     Lock Down.....

What does Robin think of slash totally changing the intro to his! Song?

sky dog
Legend

« Reply #1614 on: July 30, 2016, 08:34:56 AM »

I'll get right back to you with answers to all your questions!  ok

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #1615 on: July 30, 2016, 09:03:18 AM »

Matt Sorum, Izzy, Tommy and Robin are not band members anymore. Maybe they just dont want to speak about something they are not related to anymore. Or maybe nobody really asked.

What's the point anyways? This has nothing to do with the band.

Let's get back to the topic.

I don't think the Sao Paulo gigs are sold out yet, and the November 12th seems to still have tickets in all the sectors. Should be a good opportunity to get tickets if you didnt already. And there's a good probability we'll get a slightly different setlist, maybe some surprise like CITR the other day. Smiley

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #1616 on: July 30, 2016, 12:38:17 PM »

Matt Sorum, Izzy, Tommy and Robin are not band members anymore. Maybe they just dont want to speak about something they are not related to anymore. Or maybe nobody really asked.

What's the point anyways? This has nothing to do with the band.

Let's get back to the topic.

I don't think the Sao Paulo gigs are sold out yet, and the November 12th seems to still have tickets in all the sectors. Should be a good opportunity to get tickets if you didnt already. And there's a good probability we'll get a slightly different setlist, maybe some surprise like CITR the other day. Smiley

The point is to talk or hear about anything guns n Ross's past and present.

You are right

Let's get back on topic

Silence................
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #1617 on: July 30, 2016, 01:28:59 PM »

So why do they not play don't cry every night?

Why do they not play more songs from the album lies......
Isn't Patience from Lies?  As I'm sure you know, they alternate between Patience and Don't Cry.
I'm guessing the reason more songs from Lies haven't been played yet is because they seem to be trying to do an equal percentage of songs from all the albums.  I believe it's just a numbers thing.

Why is there zero interviews.
Even though there have not been any "formal" "collective" interviews, Slash has talked (or should I say given non-answers) to different media outlets.  I believe Duff, Frank and Richard have also individually "answered" questions.
I'm guessing that the reason for no formal interviews by the three or the band as a whole is because they feel that the fans getting to witness the "rejoining" speaks for itself and anything said in an interview would be sliced n' diced n' probed to such an ad-nauseam extent that it would distract from the actual performances. (sort of like all the talk surrounding them playing "Sorry")

So did Matt play drums for 2 shows?   Then sign a some sorta non talk clause
I'm guessing this is a typo and you're referring to Steven.  Steven didn't talk prior to his appearances and everyone figured/hoped it was because he would be invited to perform to some extent, which he was.  We can only guess that the reason for his continued 'radio silence' is because he will return again at some point.

What is izzys thoughts ?
With the "Izzy is family" statement released by the band, one can only guess that Izzy's current non-participation is by his own choice.

Tommy was at a couple of shows.     Why can't he even speak.     Lock Down.....
Tommy has spoken several times in interviews about his time in GNR and what he thinks about the rejoining.  No gag here.

What does Robin think of slash totally changing the intro to his! Song?
Maybe Robin's intro was just something strictly by/for Robin himself and just happened to wind up on the album??  Similar to the intro that Slash plays prior to his version of the Godfather theme.  Maybe it's not really a part of the song so it's no biggie to Robin how/what's played prior to the actual song (which I believe Slash does play 'true' to Robin).

« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 01:31:38 PM by GypsySoul » Logged

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1618 on: July 30, 2016, 01:33:17 PM »

At this stage do we even need interviews? I don't. I like the no nonsense approach- get out there, play the shows. Makes a nice change to the media circus other bands get involved in.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1619 on: July 30, 2016, 01:42:19 PM »

At this stage do we even need interviews? I don't. I like the no nonsense approach- get out there, play the shows. Makes a nice change to the media circus other bands get involved in.
Nope. I know some people don't like to hear it, but this tour is selling itself. Once tens of thousands of people stop flocking to stadiums to see them or they have some sort of product to push, there's really no essential need for interviews. And even then it's not a given. Van Halen never gave interviews after they reunited with Dave and that was by design. They probably didn't want to drudge up any bad feelings from the past, I know we're all dying to hear from them as much as we can. But I'm fine with letting them do their talking on stage.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 119 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: