Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 09:47:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  General "Not In This Lifetime... Tour" thread *1st POST UPDATE NOV 30*
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 119 Go Down Print
Author Topic: General "Not In This Lifetime... Tour" thread *1st POST UPDATE NOV 30*  (Read 484846 times)
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #1400 on: July 07, 2016, 07:12:44 PM »

The Wall Street Journal quoted MSL? The Wall Street Journal?
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #1401 on: July 07, 2016, 07:39:58 PM »

The Wall Street Journal quoted MSL? The Wall Street Journal?

A bit out of character I must admit. Live Nation disputes all his claims though.

On another note, not 100% accurate numbers, but still some rounded numbers of attendance from the recent shows:

Kansas City had about 27,000 people grossing $3.5 mill.
Chicago had a combined attendance of 71,000 grossing $9 mill.

I would say the second Chicago show was probably 3/4 filled up which means about 40,000 for the first show and 30,000 for the second (or maybe 45,000 and 25,000).

Not all sell-outs, but these are good numbers I think.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
fozzie10
Headliner

« Reply #1402 on: July 07, 2016, 07:53:37 PM »

I feel the days of complete sell outs are over,people have less money at the moment and while i can't wait for them to tour here in the UK you do wonder with no new album to promote hasnt helped the issue either.

I dont blame the band,they are guided by promoters and the promoters should have known to not go for these huge barns on a second night better to try and sell one night and leave them wanting more.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #1403 on: July 07, 2016, 08:15:07 PM »

I feel the days of complete sell outs are over,people have less money at the moment and while i can't wait for them to tour here in the UK you do wonder with no new album to promote hasnt helped the issue either.

I dont blame the band,they are guided by promoters and the promoters should have known to not go for these huge barns on a second night better to try and sell one night and leave them wanting more.

I don't see the second night in Chicago as a failure. No, it didn't sell-out, but they sold 25-30,000 additional tickets for that one city.

Based on the last years' record, the US must have been GN'R's hardest market to play. Doing as well as they've been doing in the US this year, I have great expectations for the rest of the world coming up.

Mexico City was probably an indicator for the appeal abroad. Two sold-out shows in a 65,000 capacity venue should make any artist optimistic.

Sweetness is a virtue
Bazfreak
VIP

Wololoo

« Reply #1404 on: July 07, 2016, 08:23:37 PM »

I don't see the second night in Chicago as a failure. No, it didn't sell-out, but they sold 25-30,000 additional tickets for that one city.

Based on the last years' record, the US must have been GN'R's hardest market to play. Doing as well as they've been doing in the US this year, I have great expectations for the rest of the world coming up.

Mexico City was probably an indicator for the appeal abroad. Two sold-out shows in a 65,000 capacity venue should make any artist optimistic.

Yep...if they play 5 straight shows in Buenos Aires they will all sell out. Roger Waters managed to sell out 7 nights in River Plate stadium in 2011...GNR could easily achieve that also. Not only Argentina but every show on South America will sell out in hours. They always had packed shows here, with all incarnations of the band.

14/apr/2010 @Apoteose Rio | 02/oct/2011 @Rock in Rio 2011 | 20/mar/2014 @HSBC Arena Rio | 12/nov/2016 @Alllianz Park S?o Paulo | 15/nov/2016 @Est?dio Engenh?o Rio | 23/sep/2017 @ Rock in Rio 2017
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #1405 on: July 07, 2016, 08:24:54 PM »

Take it for what it is, but a user on the Nightrain forum posted that there's a rumor going around town in Nashville that Izzy has arrived there.

Sweetness is a virtue
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #1406 on: July 07, 2016, 08:26:11 PM »

Yep...if they play 5 straight shows in Buenos Aires they will all sell out. Roger Waters managed to sell out 7 nights in River Plate stadium in 2011...GNR could easily achieve that also. Not only Argentina but every show on South America will sell out in hours. They always had packed shows here, with all incarnations of the band.

The rumor right now is two nights in Buenos Aires. Any news on that?

Sweetness is a virtue
Bazfreak
VIP

Wololoo

« Reply #1407 on: July 07, 2016, 08:33:18 PM »

The rumor right now is two nights in Buenos Aires. Any news on that?

Nothing new unfortunately! Rio venue is rumored to be Maracana Stadium though...

14/apr/2010 @Apoteose Rio | 02/oct/2011 @Rock in Rio 2011 | 20/mar/2014 @HSBC Arena Rio | 12/nov/2016 @Alllianz Park S?o Paulo | 15/nov/2016 @Est?dio Engenh?o Rio | 23/sep/2017 @ Rock in Rio 2017
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #1408 on: July 07, 2016, 08:41:52 PM »

Take it for what it is, but a user on the Nightrain forum posted that there's a rumor going around town in Nashville that Izzy has arrived there.

I hope it's true for obvious reasons but also because I found Axl's TY tweet incredibly sad that his "childhood/teen yrs friends" were there at those shows but Izzy wasn't.  Cry

Who's more "childhood/teen yrs friends" than Izzy??!!??  crying

As I posted in another thread, I thought maybe it was worded like that because either Axl was subconsciously wishing Izzy was there also or maybe (hopefully not) Axl was throwing shade at Izzy.

I hope the Nashville rumor is true and that the only reason that Izzy hasn't been at any of the shows yet is because it's just Izzy being Izzy!

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #1409 on: July 07, 2016, 08:58:56 PM »

The Internet will break if the five of them do a couple Appetite songs just them up there on stage.

Gotta admit seeing Steven there in the periscope last night was very heavy.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Fernando
The REAL Fernando
Rocker

Adz sucks irl.

« Reply #1410 on: July 07, 2016, 09:35:38 PM »

All of our shows have been and will continue to be a huge success.  Obviously WSJ is on a witch hunt and clearly some people really hold grudges.  Journalists like this pos should look to write a positive piece given the current headlines; instead he chooses to write a misleading piece on a subject he clearly knows nothing about.  Yeah, I am angry.  I wish I could divulge the emails with this guy that clearly shows his intent.

Let's not give it traction. 

Narcissism has a lot to do with selfishness and deep need for adoration, not giving a fuck for others and promoting themselves at the expense of others often publicly.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1411 on: July 07, 2016, 09:43:02 PM »

Kinda expected. Someone got to focus on the seats that weren't sold, instead of the ones that were....
Business as usual for some. Unfortunately.

The tour has been great so far. Don't miss it!  ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #1412 on: July 07, 2016, 09:47:59 PM »

All of our shows have been and will continue to be a huge success.  Obviously WSJ is on a witch hunt and clearly some people really hold grudges.  Journalists like this pos should look to write a positive piece given the current headlines; instead he chooses to write a misleading piece on a subject he clearly knows nothing about.  Yeah, I am angry.  I wish I could divulge the emails with this guy that clearly shows his intent.

Let's not give it traction. 

Fernando - any chance us O/S fans may have something to look forward to in the near future? (oz for instance???)  Wink
MrMojoRa
VIP

iiii]; )'

« Reply #1413 on: July 07, 2016, 09:49:34 PM »

Re-posting link to the best review yet, along with my favorite line......

http://www.antimusic.com/reviews/16/Guns_N_Roses-_Not_In_This_Lifetime_Concert_Review.shtml

Rose is not a typical performer who does it for ego or pretensions; I have always felt he hits the stage with every ounce of his being because he knows no other way.

8-13-88 (Pine Knob, Clarkson, Mi); 6-11-91 (Hershey, Pa); 12-16-91 & 12-17-91 (Philly); 12-06-02 (Philly Riot); 5-12-06 (Hammerstein, NY); 10-10-06 (MSG, NY); 11-26-11 (Camden, NJ); 7-14-16 (Philly)
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #1414 on: July 07, 2016, 09:49:38 PM »

Kinda expected. Someone got to focus on the seats that weren't sold, instead of the ones that were....
Business as usual for some. Unfortunately.

The tour has been great so far. Don't miss it!  ok

/jarmo

it sure has.

Anyone finding a reason to complain at this point in time really cant be taken seriously.

Id personally like to thank GNR management for making this year unbelievable... its been absolutely sensational.

peace

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #1415 on: July 07, 2016, 09:58:26 PM »

It's been a dream come true all around. My trek to Vegas was incredible and I can't wait for MetLife.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
nalafej
Opening Act

« Reply #1416 on: July 07, 2016, 10:20:47 PM »

I thought the article was fair. The guy who wrote it attended the 01/01/01 show as a fan...
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #1417 on: July 07, 2016, 10:25:09 PM »

All of our shows have been and will continue to be a huge success. 

If the second night in the other 3 cities go as well as Chicago, I see it as a massive success. Even if it goes from 40-50K on night one to 25-30K for night two, that is a win as it blows away what you would do in an arena (even 2 nights in an arena).
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #1418 on: July 07, 2016, 10:47:56 PM »

Not at all.

Those are solid numbers.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #1419 on: July 07, 2016, 11:11:46 PM »

All of our shows have been and will continue to be a huge success. 

If the second night in the other 3 cities go as well as Chicago, I see it as a massive success. Even if it goes from 40-50K on night one to 25-30K for night two, that is a win as it blows away what you would do in an arena (even 2 nights in an arena).

71,000 in Chicago. That's actually nearly 5 packed nights in an arena. Success indeed.

Sweetness is a virtue
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 119 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: