Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 07:55:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  General "Not In This Lifetime... Tour" thread *1st POST UPDATE NOV 30*
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 119 Go Down Print
Author Topic: General "Not In This Lifetime... Tour" thread *1st POST UPDATE NOV 30*  (Read 520744 times)
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1200 on: June 04, 2016, 09:49:47 PM »

In the macro sense, everyone loves the idea of a downtown stadium. 

Know who doesn't?  People that live "downtown".

Here in Philly, the local neighborhood HATES both stadiums.  You would too, I imagine, if every Sunday during football season and a few times a week during baseball season you had people pissing on your lawn and leaving their shit everywhere.  To say nothing of the noise at night games.

You can't be blind to that stuff.  And answers like "then you should move" are juvenile and impractical.  People built these stadiums there. 

Ditto saying "what do you expect, its rock n' roll and supposed to be loud" when it comes to concerts.  What practical application does that have if you are just trying to go to bed on a Wednesday night?  You give zero fucks about how "rock n' roll" it all is.

Here in Edmonton we are just about to finish work on our new downtown arena and I cant wait.   Our downtown has been a dirty unpopulated area for years.  Nothing to do other than work and go home.

Now with this new "Down town entertainment district" being built, that has cost billions, the downtown is vibrate and exciting again.  It will be the place to be.   Tens of thousands of new resedences being built as a part of this.  So I do not think anyone of those people will have a problem with any noise or increased traffic.  In fact they may welcome it.

I travel to Seattle a lot for sporting events.   There downtown has two major stadiums side by side, just on the out part of down town, but easy walking distance from any downtown major hotel.   I always have such a great time there.   Late baseball games on a Friday night, bar hop to the game and bar hop back to the hotel.  Its great!

A lot of cities "get it"   A ton of people that go to these events are from out of town (especially sporting events).   When I am on vacation or travelling to see a show I do not need or want a curfew.  I will respect the cities laws that do have these, by never going to them

Nothing is better than arenas downtown!!!!!!!
Foxboro isn't a city though. It's a town, and not a very large one at that. As was mentioned, the stadium is about the only reason to visit the town. Town ordinances are different than city ordinances. It's just the way it is. They could've played Fenway Park right in downtown Boston with no curfew. But you're looking at 35k capacity instead of 65k. That's a lot of dollars you'd be losing. It is what it is. In the end, I hope it's not a big deal. If they could take the stage around 8:30, it'll all be good. We'll have to see how the first few shows go as far as start times, setup time after the opening act, and show length to see how big a deal this will or won't be come July 19th.

I really like this reply and it pretty much answers if guns will go over curfew I this location

The answer is no

The will start early and endearly and not receive one cent in fines

Why

Well like posted above they are playing this venue pressicelly because it hold more bodies and generates more money.  They are not playing this cation to loose money in any ways.   So everything will be on time

A down down ball tour spread out over two or three nights would be fantastic. Especially with no curfew.   

Is Toronto the only ballpark they are playing this tour so far?
Yep, the fine for just going 5 minutes over would be astronomical. You figure 60,000 people times 10 cents per each. That's hundreds of thousands of dollars. 6-15 minutes over it jumps to 25 cents per person. 30 minutes over it jumps to 50 cents. It would start at 600k and end up being 3 million if they went 30 minutes over. Which means they'd break even for the show.
Yeah, something tells me they're not in this to break even. I think it'll all be good. I won't worry until I'm in my seat at 9 o'clock and they're not on the stage yet. But I don't think that'll happen.
I don't see it being an issue either. I'm sure they'll go on on time. They did in Mexico because of curfew. So there's no reason they can't in Foxboro.
neon2002
Rocker

What the hell is a hab?

« Reply #1201 on: June 05, 2016, 11:02:20 AM »

I have 2 tickets (Section A5 Row 1 - Live and Let Die VIP Tour Package) and it looks like I won't be able to attend. These tickets can't be picked up until the day of the show. PM me if you're interested.

"This Melody Inside Of Me Still Searches For Solution"
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #1202 on: June 05, 2016, 01:42:26 PM »

Guns N' Roses ‏@gunsnroses  40 minutes ago
Ready to bang the sh*t out of these bad boys... #NotInThisLifetime #GnFnR

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #1203 on: June 06, 2016, 05:43:33 PM »

Any news on openers for the remaining dates this summer?

Sweetness is a virtue
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #1204 on: June 06, 2016, 06:42:34 PM »

A couple of new promo videos:

https://twitter.com/LiveNation/status/738114639389560833

https://twitter.com/LiveNation/status/738476058823954432

Sweetness is a virtue
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #1205 on: June 06, 2016, 06:51:15 PM »

"The top 15 must-see concerts for June in Michigan"

GN'R is of course.. #1  Cheesy

http://www.mlive.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2016/06/the_top_15_must-see_concerts_f.html#18

Sweetness is a virtue
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1206 on: June 07, 2016, 09:56:01 AM »

A fan who met Fernando was allegedly told about upcoming plans: http://gunsnrosesnews.com/2016/06/06/mes-da-passagem-do-guns-n-roses-pelo-brasil-e-confirmado/
With my limited Portuguese knowledge, I believe it says something about shows in Brazil later this year.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #1207 on: June 07, 2016, 10:06:35 AM »

A fan who met Fernando was allegedly told about upcoming plans: http://gunsnrosesnews.com/2016/06/06/mes-da-passagem-do-guns-n-roses-pelo-brasil-e-confirmado/
With my limited Portuguese knowledge, I believe it says something about shows in Brazil later this year.

/jarmo

One can only hope that this tour hits every part of the world for as long as possible... who knows what the future holds...

Let's all cherish this as long as it lasts.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #1208 on: June 07, 2016, 10:18:58 AM »

Agree with JAEBALL.  Want them to hit every corner of the globe on this.

Re-establish the brand, and give us that many more opportunities for quality bootlegs.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #1209 on: June 07, 2016, 11:22:21 AM »

Another guy who met Fernando, posted on mygnr that the tentative plans are to hit South America late this year, then Australia and Japan in Jan/Feb, and finally Europe in mid-2017.

He also posted a picture with Fernando, so there's proof he met him.

The rumors we've seen lately seem to all point in the same general direction, the itinerary seems to be shaping up now.

Sweetness is a virtue
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1210 on: June 07, 2016, 05:50:12 PM »

The blog, Porto Alegre Cultura, created a Facebook event an hour ago for the show in Porto Alegre: https://www.facebook.com/events/235613830151852/
They claim it's on November 8th.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #1211 on: June 07, 2016, 06:23:56 PM »

The blog, Porto Alegre Cultura, created a Facebook event an hour ago for the show in Porto Alegre: https://www.facebook.com/events/235613830151852/
They claim it's on November 8th.

/jarmo

Same date as we had from before.

Porto Alegre Cultura, is that some publication or the venue?

Sweetness is a virtue
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1212 on: June 07, 2016, 07:16:23 PM »

A blog that posts about events in the city, like concerts....

/jarmo

erikmathaus
Opening Act

« Reply #1213 on: June 07, 2016, 08:56:05 PM »

This indicates that the tour begins in Brazil in Porto Alegre
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #1214 on: June 07, 2016, 09:19:20 PM »

A blog that posts about events in the city, like concerts....

/jarmo

I'm thinking the "leaked" dates we got from a little while ago are starting to look legit then.

Sweetness is a virtue
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #1215 on: June 09, 2016, 12:46:28 AM »

Guns N' Roses Return To Santiago Of Chile, National Stadium, October 2016

http://www.latercera.com/noticia/entretencion/2016/06/661-683418-9-las-gestiones-para-el-retorno-estelar-de-guns-n-roses---al-estadio-nacional.shtml

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #1216 on: June 09, 2016, 01:34:42 PM »

Sneak peak at the VIP merch for the shows coming up:

Sweetness is a virtue
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1217 on: June 10, 2016, 01:37:57 AM »

This is random, and really has nothing to do with the tour, but it is Guns related.

The New England Patriots beat reporter has been tweeting the song list from each practice lately. WTTJ is a given and I think has made the list once already this week. And Coach Belichick is friends with Jon Bon Jovi, so he gets fair play as well as Springsteen, but I would have never guessed the GNR version of Sympathy for the Devil to make the cut. Whoever is responsible, I fully support. Maybe they're getting Gillette Stadium ready for July 19th and 20th.

@MikeReiss: Music set list: "I got 5 on it" by Luniz; "Sympathy for the Devil" by Guns N' Roses; "Welcome to the Jungle" by Guns N' Roses; (cont...)

@MikeReiss: Music set list: "Halftime" (Stand up and get crunk!) by Ying Yang Twins; "Whoomp!" by Tag Team; "Pipe it Up" by Migos; "Sandstorm" by Darude

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #1218 on: June 10, 2016, 01:39:52 PM »

Sneak peak at the VIP merch for the shows coming up:

Excelent

smoking

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #1219 on: June 11, 2016, 10:59:29 AM »

And with my limited English knowledge, here's what they said:

A colaborator of the [blog's name, Guns N' Roses] News (Kleber Maniga) met Fernando Lebeis at the Boston Music Room in London. In their talk, Fernando confirmed that the band will come to several shows in Brazilian stadiums in November. He didnt mention the cities, but Fernando's words were "several cities".

We looked for more info and some details are still being finalized, hence why we'll wait to release the dates, cities and venues correctly. A South-American tour starts in October, Argentina and Chile will also have shows, other South-American countries are still being considered.

And another important warning, lots of surprises are yet to come, just be patient. The Guns N' Roses name will get stronger in rock n' roll history after the next events. More details soon.

Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 119 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: