Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 04:27:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228527 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  General "Not In This Lifetime... Tour" thread *1st POST UPDATE NOV 30*
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 119 Go Down Print
Author Topic: General "Not In This Lifetime... Tour" thread *1st POST UPDATE NOV 30*  (Read 515533 times)
dmathski
Rocker

« Reply #1160 on: June 02, 2016, 12:29:54 PM »

Hope this doesn't negatively effect the shows.  But how in the world are they going to finish a show at 11:15pm?? If Kravits goes on at 8:00 to 9pm. 30 minutes min for change over and GNR hit stage at 9:30 That's not even 2 hours.  Why would they book this or Foxboro say yes knowing a GNR show ends around midnight.

Kravitz will probably be 30 min 40 max.  They'll fit it in. I saw GNR with Metalica in San Diego in 92 and there was an 11pm curfew and GNR finished right at 11pm on the nose. Seeing them again in SD Aug 22nd and assume it's still 11pm curfew and expect the same result

August 3, 1991  Inglewood, CA. The Forum

September 30, 1992    San Diego, CA. Jack Murphy Stadium

December 31, 2001  Las Vegas, NV. The Joint

August 22, 2016 San Diego, CA. Qualcomm Sstadium
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #1161 on: June 02, 2016, 12:40:39 PM »

I don't see it being an issue...

This ACDC tour has proven that Axl can be on time or perform at whatever show time is... in the past he has chosen not to be on time... or unable to fight thru whatever issue he may have had to be on time.

That's a thing of the past. If they have to finish before 11:15... they'll finish before 11:15. I'm sure the rest of the band prefers it anyway.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #1162 on: June 02, 2016, 12:49:19 PM »

Btw it is a stadium tour... and Foxboro is the stadium in the Boston area... they aren't going to skip it because of a small difference in the curfew.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #1163 on: June 02, 2016, 03:09:37 PM »

This ACDC tour has proven that Axl can be on time or perform at whatever show time is... in the past he has chosen not to be on time... or unable to fight thru whatever issue he may have had to be on time.

...maybe.

Most of us agree that Axl didn't suddenly develop an affinity for punctuality, a love of doing interviews, or posing for group photos, after being loathe to do it for his own band for 15 years. **

** = For the love of god, I beg any of you, please spare me a repost of one same old shot taken backstage that one time that is supposed to "prove" he was Mr. Photoshoot.  Ditto a link to the lone Billboard interview from 2009 that "proves" he was Johnny Talkative.  I'm pretty obviously talking more big picture, and not total absolutes.  Thanks in advance.

However, he did those things because AC/DC is not his band, Angus is the one in charge, and he was being a good soldier.  I think his behavior with them has been exemplary, to be truthful.

But does that carry over to once he is back on his own turf, with his own band, and answers to basically no one?  Dunno.  But I think its a question that can be asked, at least in the eyes of most.  At least until we see how the first shows of his own tour play out.

Coachella, he had no choice in terms of taking the stage, it was their call.  But I was encouraged that the 2 shows in Mexico, he was out there by 9:30.

He's done so much to repair his rep this year.  It's been tremendous.  Really, really not looking for any excuse to start seeing "Yep...same old Axl" stories from any outlet.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #1164 on: June 02, 2016, 03:16:30 PM »

two points...
1. I heard Axl say at one of the AC/DC shows ..."they" as in reference to AC/DC. Now, I do recall a lot of people jumping multiple band members shit...cough...specifically Tommy... when he referred to Guns as "they". It is fucking respect to the brand. If you don't call the shots and didn't write the music that "they" are known for, you fall in line or find another job.

2. With Jaeball, too much coin on the line for Axl not to keep the positive vibes flowing.

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #1165 on: June 02, 2016, 03:22:06 PM »

too much coin on the line for Axl not to keep the positive vibes flowing.

Agree.

The guy is also human.  I'm sure he's not hating seeing all these great reviews of his performances and the general vibe that people are glad to have him back active again.

Why piss that away?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #1166 on: June 02, 2016, 03:24:56 PM »

...maybe.

Most of us agree that Axl didn't suddenly develop an affinity for punctuality, a love of doing interviews, or posing for group photos, after being loathe to do it for his own band for 15 years. **

** = For the love of god, I beg any of you, please spare me a repost of one same old shot taken backstage that one time that is supposed to "prove" he was Mr. Photoshoot.  Ditto a link to the lone Billboard interview from 2009 that "proves" he was Johnny Talkative.  I'm pretty obviously talking more big picture, and not total absolutes.  Thanks in advance.

However, he did those things because AC/DC is not his band, Angus is the one in charge, and he was being a good soldier.  I think his behavior with them has been exemplary, to be truthful.

But does that carry over to once he is back on his own turf, with his own band, and answers to basically no one?  Dunno.  But I think its a question that can be asked, at least in the eyes of most.  At least until we see how the first shows of his own tour play out.

Coachella, he had no choice in terms of taking the stage, it was their call.  But I was encouraged that the 2 shows in Mexico, he was out there by 9:30.

He's done so much to repair his rep this year.  It's been tremendous.  Really, really not looking for any excuse to start seeing "Yep...same old Axl" stories from any outlet.

Wouldn't the quote have to say "Same young Axl"

As Axl, in many many many many year, hasn't had a problem making shows, playing in bad weather/equipment/being sick conditions.

Axl of the the early 90s may have been know for some of this.

Howver Axl of the mid 2000s to current has been just fine

But

A lot of the unwashed masses may not know this.  So I am sure if a show goes late or even missed!  It wouldn't surprise me at all to read some ignorant comment like.  "Same old Axl"   or "Just like he has always done"  or  "I remember he did that once 30 years ago!  What a bad guy!"
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #1167 on: June 02, 2016, 03:33:44 PM »

too much coin on the line for Axl not to keep the positive vibes flowing.

Agree.

The guy is also human.  I'm sure he's not hating seeing all these great reviews of his performances and the general vibe that people are glad to have him back active again.

Why piss that away?

no doubt....plus, you may have only one bite at the apple to really cash in...think Police more so than say the Stones and U2. He still is Axl in the end!  hihi Still may wake up one day and say fuck it...done.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #1168 on: June 02, 2016, 03:36:10 PM »

But

A lot of the unwashed masses may not know this.  So I am sure if a show goes late or even missed!  It wouldn't surprise me at all to read some ignorant comment like.  "Same old Axl"   or "Just like he has always done"  or  "I remember he did that once 30 years ago!  What a bad guy!"

He also made that bed.  

I'm sort of unclear why so many of you seem to punish anyone for having a memory.  He spent YEARS crafting his dogshit rep.  You don't unring that bell in 20 minutes.  I think he's off to a great start in 2016 repairing his perception, but its going to take some sustained behavior to buy some goodwill.

As for the line in bold, I last saw him in November 2011.  Know when the opening chords of 'Chinese Democracy' were struck?  11:15.

I agree he "gotten better", comparatively speaking, but 2011 was not exactly 1991 either, you know?

However, taking the stage on time in Mexico is more relevant than my last show 5 years ago, or any show in the past 10 years, really.  Live in the now.  The now looks good.

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #1169 on: June 02, 2016, 04:25:19 PM »

But

He also made that bed.  

I'm sort of unclear why so many of you seem to punish anyone for having a memory.  He spent YEARS crafting his dogshit rep.  You don't unring that bell in 20 minutes.  I think he's off to a great start in 2016 repairing his perception, but its going to take some sustained behavior to buy some goodwill.

As for the line in bold, I last saw him in November 2011.  Know when the opening chords of 'Chinese Democracy' were struck?  11:15.

I agree he "gotten better", comparatively speaking, but 2011 was not exactly 1991 either, you know?

However, taking the stage on time in Mexico is more relevant than my last show 5 years ago, or any show in the past 10 years, really.  Live in the now.  The now looks good.

I don't think anyone is punishing anyone for having a memory.  I would say lots of people here question people on why there memory is very selective.  Axl has been fine since the mid 2000s.  Shows have gone on late at night and early as well, very rare they have been missed and for me that's the main thing.

We can have the late start time good or bad debate all over again, but it seems like the majority of the unwashed walmart shopping generic crowd is a fan of earlier start times.   I get it.  I wont argue it.   It is what it is and I can see especially why on say a week night it work.   Personally, I love late rock concerts on weekends, especially while I am on vacation some place.

But I am the minority

The minority that remembers Axls good showings at concerts for the past decade.  Not the general majority that may just remember him from when he was mainstream 30 years ago
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #1170 on: June 02, 2016, 05:07:14 PM »

The minority that remembers Axls good showings at concerts for the past decade.  Not the general majority that may just remember him from when he was mainstream 30 years ago

I think you nail it, right here.  It ruffles some feathers around here, but it's the reality of the situation.

Just heard an ad on the radio here.  I'm sure it's in every market.  It opens with Axl screaming and then "THEY'RE BACK!!"

That bothers some people, that mindset.  But it is what it is. 

sky dog
Legend

« Reply #1171 on: June 02, 2016, 05:41:30 PM »

The bed Axl made and sleeps in, both good and bad, has served him and the Gnr brand very well. I'll take his paycheck.  Tongue

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #1172 on: June 02, 2016, 05:57:31 PM »

I think he's in for a summer of good press.

How many big time rock bands on their level are really left?  People are just glad they are back doing their thing.

There is a reason they went right to stadiums.  People are digging all this.

GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #1173 on: June 02, 2016, 06:08:21 PM »

Looks like Guns are gonna be set to a very strict curfew at the Foxboro shows. They were denied an extension on the 11:15 curfew. They asked for 11:40. So fans attending  those two shows better hope the band is on by 8:45 if they want a full 2 1/2 hour show. I mean i doubt they'd cut the power if they went a few minutes past but anymore who knows? And it could likely mean a heavy fine. They were apparently denied the extra time due to it being the middle of the week. Had it been a weekend they would've been granted the extra time.
Not gonna lie.  Part of me would love to see Axl take this stage at 11:10 as a big FU @ the curfew especially after being turned down for the 25 minute extension. 

One would think that in today's world, security will be there in full force anyways so crowd control shouldn't be an issue. And these fine men and women certainly deserve all the OT pay they would be entitled to from the fines incurred.

GNR should pick one of their more obscure, never (or rarely) played live songs to start the show followed by a curfew rant just in case things go awry at the 11:15 mark. 

After that, Axl should keep singing as long as he can until the police - in full riot gear - try to drag him off by his good leg while he hangs on for dear life to one arm of the throne and Slash n' Duff take hold of the other arm of the throne and they play tug-of-W.A.R.

For at least these one or two nights (depending on how quickly he makes bail), I want GNR Axl 2016 to embrace/embody those negative stereotypical Axl-being-Axl things that have been stifled with AC/DC Axl.

Grin

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #1174 on: June 02, 2016, 07:30:37 PM »

http://patch.com/massachusetts/foxborough/selectmen-reject-extended-curfew-guns-n-roses-show-0

Foxborough, MA

By DANIEL LIBON (Patch Staff) - June 2, 2016 12:36 pm ET

FOXBOROUGH, MA - Guns N? Roses might be coming to Gillette Stadium, but they?ll be expected to wrap up the show by 11:15 p.m.

Tuesday, the selectmen approved the entertainment license for the concerts scheduled for July 19 and 20, but the license didn't include a request from the stadium to extend the show?s curfew to 11:40 p.m.

Jess Enos, the director of business development and external affairs for Gillette Stadium, told the board that the tour has been running past 11:30 p.m. but stadium officials are reaching out to band representatives to have Guns' N' Roses end their show by the town?s curfew of 11:15 p.m.

?Asking for 11:40 p.m. doesn?t mean we?re going to check it off our list of things to do because it?s important to be the best neighbors we can be,? Enos said. ?We don?t have a lot of control over what Axel Rose decides to do.?

The request for the late finish didn?t sit well with the board, who noted that the two shows are on a Tuesday and Wednesday night.

?If this was a weekend I wouldn?t have a problem, but it?s a work night. People have to get up early to go to work. This isn?t going to be an acoustic evening,? Selectmen Ginny Coppola said.

Enos said there haven?t been any major issues with the crowds during the tour. During previous stops, the band has played in stadiums with either a midnight curfew or received a waiver from the local licensing board to play later.

Prior to the meeting, Police Chief Ed O?Leary, Fire Chief Roger Hatfield, and the Stadium Advisory Committee all signed off on the license with the 11:40 p.m. end time. O?Leary said he doesn't expect any of the same issues that arose during their 1992 visit to Foxboro Stadium, remarking that may be the result of an aging audience.

Stadium Advisory Committee Chairman George Bell said his committee hasn't received many concerns about noise levels at concerts, telling the board they received maybe two complaints for the past 10 shows.

Selectman Jim DeVellis said he was worried that the waiver would create a precedent for future acts. Last year, the selectmen approved a request for a later curfew for two Taylor Swift shows, both of which were on weekend nights.

?The stadium is a fine balance because the urban/suburban mix is not the same. To break on a rock concert at 11:40 p.m. when people have to get to work it?s not the same,? DeVellis said.

Selectman Chris Mitchell proposed a compromise where the curfew is moved to 11:30 p.m., but no action was taken on the recommendation.

When Selectman Mark Elfman asked if there was some pushback from the band over the curfew, Enos said there was.

If the show goes past the curfew, the stadium faces of 10 cents per attendee for the show going five minutes past 11:15 p.m. The fine increase to 25 cents per attendee for going six-15 minutes late, and 50 cents for 16-30 minutes past curfew.

A sold-out crowd is expected for the first show, with a much small audience for night two. Enos said the stadium is planning to close the 300-level for the July 20th show.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1175 on: June 02, 2016, 07:34:22 PM »

Looks like Guns are gonna be set to a very strict curfew at the Foxboro shows. They were denied an extension on the 11:15 curfew. They asked for 11:40. So fans attending  those two shows better hope the band is on by 8:45 if they want a full 2 1/2 hour show. I mean i doubt they'd cut the power if they went a few minutes past but anymore who knows? And it could likely mean a heavy fine. They were apparently denied the extra time due to it being the middle of the week. Had it been a weekend they would've been granted the extra time.

8:45?  Hahahahaha.  Never gonna happen.

They will just have to pay the fine.
Yeah but damn it will be hefty especially the first show being sold out. It is 10 cents per attendee for 5 minutes past. 25 cents for 6-15 minutes and 50 cents for 30 minutes over. That's anywhere from 600k to 3 million if my math is correct. Apparently the second show is gonna be much a much smaller crowd. The 300 level will be closed.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1176 on: June 02, 2016, 07:40:21 PM »

Hope this doesn't negatively effect the shows.  But how in the world are they going to finish a show at 11:15pm?? If Kravits goes on at 8:00 to 9pm. 30 minutes min for change over and GNR hit stage at 9:30 That's not even 2 hours.  Why would they book this or Foxboro say yes knowing a GNR show ends around midnight.
Actually i think the listed show time is 7 for Foxboro. So if Lenny goes on at say 7:15 plays until 8, that leaves enough time to get the stage setup for guns to do their full set.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1177 on: June 02, 2016, 07:42:31 PM »

Not gonna lie.  Part of me would love to see Axl take this stage at 11:10 as a big FU @ the curfew especially after being turned down for the 25 minute extension. 

One would think that in today's world, security will be there in full force anyways so crowd control shouldn't be an issue. And these fine men and women certainly deserve all the OT pay they would be entitled to from the fines incurred.

GNR should pick one of their more obscure, never (or rarely) played live songs to start the show followed by a curfew rant just in case things go awry at the 11:15 mark. 

After that, Axl should keep singing as long as he can until the police - in full riot gear - try to drag him off by his good leg while he hangs on for dear life to one arm of the throne and Slash n' Duff take hold of the other arm of the throne and they play tug-of-W.A.R.

For at least these one or two nights (depending on how quickly he makes bail), I want GNR Axl 2016 to embrace/embody those negative stereotypical Axl-being-Axl things that have been stifled with AC/DC Axl.

Grin
LOL apparently the only reason the band was denied the extra 30 minutes is cause it is a week night and people in the area have work the next day. Had it been a weekend they would've been granted the extended time.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #1178 on: June 02, 2016, 09:03:42 PM »

Grin
LOL apparently the only reason the band was denied the extra 30 minutes is cause it is a week night and people in the area have work the next day. Had it been a weekend they would've been granted the extended time.

Sounds like a great place to visit!  I am sure glad I am not travelling to this place to be told what time I have to go to bed at as people have to work tomorrow !!   That's the stupdesest thing ever

If I was the band.  I would come on at 745   Play for two hrs and say   Now go home and go to bed and have a safe day at work tomorrow.

So if a sporting event goes into overtime in this place do they start these fines?  Sorry sports team.  People have to work in the morning

I am sure the bars are just so much fun around this place!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1179 on: June 02, 2016, 10:53:42 PM »

Grin

Sounds like a great place to visit!  I am sure glad I am not travelling to this place to be told what time I have to go to bed at as people have to work tomorrow !!   That's the stupdesest thing ever

If I was the band.  I would come on at 745   Play for two hrs and say   Now go home and go to bed and have a safe day at work tomorrow.

So if a sporting event goes into overtime in this place do they start these fines?  Sorry sports team.  People have to work in the morning

I am sure the bars are just so much fun around this place!
Foxboro isn't a real hopping town for nightlife, at least I don't think so. It's a good 40 minutes from Boston, but the main reason people go to Foxboro is for events at Gillette Stadium. Most outdoor venues within residential areas have some sort of curfew, don't they? Maybe that's why the show time is scheduled for 7? Planning ahead perhaps, or is that the start time for all shows?

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 119 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: