Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 10:24:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228527 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  General "Not In This Lifetime... Tour" thread *1st POST UPDATE NOV 30*
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 119 Go Down Print
Author Topic: General "Not In This Lifetime... Tour" thread *1st POST UPDATE NOV 30*  (Read 515212 times)
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1040 on: April 27, 2016, 10:16:38 PM »

I checked out Taylor Swift's 1989 tour number to see what kind of capacity we might expect for the GN'R shows. She played many of the same stadiums, and had an end-stage setup just like GNR. Numbers are rounded to the nearest 1,000. I had to supplement with numbers for other artists for some of the venues, but all arranged an end-stage setup.

So, I think these capacity numbers are fairly accurate, give or take a couple thousand maybe.

Detroit, MI, United States @ Ford Field   50,000
Washington DC, United States @ FedExField   53,000
Kansas City, MO, United States @ Arrowhead Stadium   53,000
Chicago, IL, United States @ Soldier Field   55,000
Cincinnati, OH, United States @ Paul Brown Stadium   49,000
Nashville, TN, United States @ Nissan Stadium   ?
Pittsburgh, PA, United States @ Heinz Field 55,000
Philadelphia, PA, United States @ Lincoln Financial Field   50,000
Toronto, ON, Canada @ Rogers Centre   50,000
Foxboro, MA, United States @ Gillette Stadium   58,000
East Rutherford, NJ, United States @ MetLife Stadium   55,000
Atlanta, GA, United States @ Georgia Dome   56,000
Orlando, FL, United States @ Camping World Stadium   52,000
New Orleans, LA, United States @ Mercedes-Benz Superdome   45,000
Arlington, TX, United States @ AT&T Stadium   62,000
Houston, TX, United States @ NRG Stadium   55,000
San Francisco, CA, United States @ AT&T Park   ?
Seattle, WA, United States @ CenturyLink Field   56,000
Glendale, AZ, United States @ University of Phoenix Stadium   56,000
Los Angeles, CA, United States @ Dodger Stadium   53,000
San Diego, CA, United States @ Qualcomm Stadium   ?

If we assume 50,000 for the three venues I wasn't able to pull numbers on, the total number of tickets (excluding Dodger Stadium) is: 1,060,000

I excluded the LA date, as well as all three second shows recently announced to compare the number with the one reported by the Live Nation rep, which was 1 million sold.

That leaves 60,000 tickets left for the tour (excluding the 4 new shows), a number which in reality I think might be a little too low, but not much. So, I think the capacity numbers should be quite accurate.
I'd be willing to bet each one is more then half sold out by now with the few we know that are completely sold out.
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #1041 on: April 28, 2016, 05:20:34 AM »

'NOT IN THIS LIFETIME...' TOUR

Confirmed dates:

August 9, San Francisco, CA, United States @ AT&T Park   FEW TICKETS LEFT

This AMAZING Stadium !!!

love

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #1042 on: April 28, 2016, 05:57:03 AM »

I checked out Taylor Swift's 1989 tour number to see what kind of capacity we might expect for the GN'R shows. She played many of the same stadiums, and had an end-stage setup just like GNR. Numbers are rounded to the nearest 1,000. I had to supplement with numbers for other artists for some of the venues, but all arranged an end-stage setup.

So, I think these capacity numbers are fairly accurate, give or take a couple thousand maybe.

If we assume 50,000 for the three venues I wasn't able to pull numbers on, the total number of tickets (excluding Dodger Stadium) is: 1,060,000

I excluded the LA date, as well as all three second shows recently announced to compare the number with the one reported by the Live Nation rep, which was 1 million sold.

That leaves 60,000 tickets left for the tour (excluding the 4 new shows), a number which in reality I think might be a little too low, but not much. So, I think the capacity numbers should be quite accurate.
I'd be willing to bet each one is more then half sold out by now with the few we know that are completely sold out.

I thought this might be relevant

From http://www.billboard.com/articles/business/7341859/axl-rose-image-guns-n-roses-reunion-tour

"For Live Nation's part, sources tell Billboard that sales are going exceedingly well, topping 1 million, with dates added to the route."
Mike McKagan
Rocker

I'm a small town white boy...

« Reply #1043 on: April 28, 2016, 09:46:34 AM »

Fwiw, Nissan Stadium in Nashville is listed on Wikipedia as having a capacity of 69,143. I'm not sure if that's for football or not. If so, I'd assume the field-level seating would bump that number up a bit further. Qualcomm shows 70,000 and AT&T just under 42,000. I suspect Nissan and Qualcomm would be bit harder to sell out based on those numbers.

VR--Nashville, TN--10/16/04
GNR--Portland, OR--12/11/06
GNR--Rosemont, IL--11/15/11
GNR--Nashville, TN--07/09/16
GNR--Saint Louis, MO--09/09/23 (canceled)
SF--Terre Haute, IN--07/21/2024 (cancele
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1044 on: April 28, 2016, 10:19:50 AM »

Fwiw, Nissan Stadium in Nashville is listed on Wikipedia as having a capacity of 69,143. I'm not sure if that's for football or not. If so, I'd assume the field-level seating would bump that number up a bit further. Qualcomm shows 70,000 and AT&T just under 42,000. I suspect Nissan and Qualcomm would be bit harder to sell out based on those numbers.

Probably for football games.

True, concerts have spectators on the field, but also have at least one end of the stadium blocked (unless the show is a center stage setup or they sell seats behind the stage).

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #1045 on: April 28, 2016, 12:32:51 PM »

Checked Soldier Field 1st night, there is a total of 2 tickets left.  hihi

1 GA VIP, and 1 VIP A ticket.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #1046 on: April 28, 2016, 12:38:51 PM »

Just to add to the capacity number I posted earlier, and include the 4 new shows.

If all shows are sold-out, 1,280,000 people will see GN'R this summer!

Sweetness is a virtue
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #1047 on: April 28, 2016, 12:53:44 PM »

Any international ticket buyers who have any experience with Will Call? How long before the shows have you gotten the tickets? Do you pick them up where you usually pick up stuff that has been sent/mailed to you? peace
Princess Leia
« Reply #1048 on: April 28, 2016, 01:36:38 PM »

Any international ticket buyers who have any experience with Will Call? How long before the shows have you gotten the tickets? Do you pick them up where you usually pick up stuff that has been sent/mailed to you? peace

You need to pick them up at the venue (will call window) before the event with your ID and the credit card you used to buy them. I did it once but it was a sports event. I don't think it's different in the case of a music concert. In fact I have will call tickets for their show in San Francisco
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

« Reply #1049 on: April 28, 2016, 02:03:04 PM »

You need to pick them up at the venue (will call window) before the event with your ID and the credit card you used to buy them. I did it once but it was a sports event. I don't think it's different in the case of a music concert. In fact I have will call tickets for their show in San Francisco

Thanks for answering! Never done that before.  Nothing else? No special code or anything? Can I pick them up a couple of days before the show or on the day of the show or what?  Smiley
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #1050 on: April 28, 2016, 02:10:00 PM »

Thanks for answering! Never done that before.  Nothing else? No special code or anything? Can I pick them up a couple of days before the show or on the day of the show or what?  Smiley

Here's the info from MetLife's website:

Ticketmaster will-call is available at any open ticket window. Guests who are picking up tickets at will-call will need picture ID, their confirmation number and the credit card with which the tickets were purchased in order to pick up the tickets.  For select events, specialty will-call may vary. Please see the nearest team member for details.

They mention "speciality will-call", don't know if the GN'R concert goes in the "select events" category.

Sweetness is a virtue
CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #1051 on: April 28, 2016, 02:27:00 PM »

Here's the info from MetLife's website:

Ticketmaster will-call is available at any open ticket window. Guests who are picking up tickets at will-call will need picture ID, their confirmation number and the credit card with which the tickets were purchased in order to pick up the tickets.  For select events, specialty will-call may vary. Please see the nearest team member for details.

They mention "speciality will-call", don't know if the GN'R concert goes in the "select events" category.

Thanks mate! You da MVP!

Sadly, I got the same bullshit as last time I tried to buy tickets. At least I'll see them on the 23rd. There's lots of section 1 and 5 tickets for Metlife.
Mike McKagan
Rocker

I'm a small town white boy...

« Reply #1052 on: April 28, 2016, 02:36:20 PM »

Probably for football games.

True, concerts have spectators on the field, but also have at least one end of the stadium blocked (unless the show is a center stage setup or they sell seats behind the stage).

/jarmo

Oh yeah, I totally forgot about the blocked seats. So probably more in the ballpark (no pun intended) of the other venues listed.

VR--Nashville, TN--10/16/04
GNR--Portland, OR--12/11/06
GNR--Rosemont, IL--11/15/11
GNR--Nashville, TN--07/09/16
GNR--Saint Louis, MO--09/09/23 (canceled)
SF--Terre Haute, IN--07/21/2024 (cancele
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #1053 on: April 28, 2016, 09:38:48 PM »

Just to add to the capacity number I posted earlier, and include the 4 new shows.

If all shows are sold-out, 1,280,000 people will see GN'R this summer!

New Generationn N' Haters Listen Alive:

- TWAT
- BETTER
- THIS IS LOVE
- CHINESE DEMOCRACY

Direct To Buy Chinese Democracy Album & Kick Ass

smoking

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1054 on: April 29, 2016, 01:36:43 PM »

So what goes on with tickets in America? I was looking at the LA dodgers stadium gig- wildly considering getting a ticket to fly over- and the was there on ticketmaster the very second they went on general sale. No tickets available ANYWHERE in the stadium? What on earth? The whole place didn't sell out on pre-sale surely?!

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
jc_seven
Opening Act

« Reply #1055 on: April 29, 2016, 01:39:16 PM »

I was on at 10 looking for some 45s for Dodger Stadium and of course, they are all gone.  I did, however, see that a lot of those seats are on resale also on ticketmaster (sometimes in rows of Cool.  What happened to "there is a two week hold just to make sure the fans are the ones getting tickets."  If it is just fans going, there would be no resellers at the same time as the public onsale.  
jc_seven
Opening Act

« Reply #1056 on: April 29, 2016, 01:40:09 PM »

So what goes on with tickets in America? I was looking at the LA dodgers stadium gig- wildly considering getting a ticket to fly over- and the was there on ticketmaster the very second they went on general sale. No tickets available ANYWHERE in the stadium? What on earth? The whole place didn't sell out on pre-sale surely?!

Some of the $100 seats still pop up for me.  Maybe just keep trying, man.  I am still getting offered those seats.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1057 on: April 29, 2016, 01:41:19 PM »

But they were sold out at 10- not ten past 10, but bang on the dot, at 10, when they were supposed to be on sale the entire stadium was sold out!

What. On. Earth?! W

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1058 on: April 29, 2016, 01:45:25 PM »

Some of the $100 seats still pop up for me.  Maybe just keep trying, man.  I am still getting offered those seats.

Cheers, but I'm out. Was considering it if i could get good tickets, but this all looks totally corrupt to me. Those tickets never even went on sale. A joke, so I'll opt out and hope they come over the pond!

jc_seven
Opening Act

« Reply #1059 on: April 29, 2016, 01:50:19 PM »

Which do you mean?  The 45s?  Yeah, I agree with the corrupt part.

Oops.  You meant the floor/ground level seats.  Yeah.  Only the $100 seats show up.

I think LA gets a 2nd show.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 01:51:57 PM by jc_seven » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 119 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: