Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 10:15:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228527 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  General "Not In This Lifetime... Tour" thread *1st POST UPDATE NOV 30*
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 119 Go Down Print
Author Topic: General "Not In This Lifetime... Tour" thread *1st POST UPDATE NOV 30*  (Read 515176 times)
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #1020 on: April 27, 2016, 04:38:56 PM »

Who said i am upset that theyre wrong? Obviously you didnt get what i was saying

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1021 on: April 27, 2016, 04:43:59 PM »

Who said i am upset that theyre wrong? Obviously you didnt get what i was saying

I pointed out GN'R proved all those people wrong.
You seem to take offense to what I was saying. You never said you agreed.

I don't know why. Maybe you and some others feel personally targeted. Which could be the reason for your overreaction.
Some don't like to be wrong... But that's life!  Cheesy

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #1022 on: April 27, 2016, 04:55:31 PM »

I wasnt taking offense. Read what i said again. I am not those people you were aiming,  but nice try.
I just didnt understand why you need to take a jab at other people, instead of just enjoying things. Isnt that what you always tell other people to do?

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1023 on: April 27, 2016, 05:01:10 PM »

Great!

So maybe you can say that you agree?

Or would you rather comment about my looks and call me a nerd again?  rofl

I just didnt understand why you need to take a jab at other people, instead of just enjoying things. Isnt that what you always tell other people to do?

Apologies to all those people who want GN'R to fail for taking a jab at them and all those who sympathize with them.
I'm happy that the ticket sales are exceeding expectations while feeling bad for all those who were wrong. Virtual hugs to all those affected by my posts!

Seriously, why does it bother you that I said that? I don't get it.
Those people would be happy if the tour failed.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1024 on: April 27, 2016, 05:11:39 PM »

Listen To Win Tickets To Guns N? Roses At Dodger Stadium!
http://931jackfm.cbslocal.com/2016/04/25/listen-to-win-tickets-to-guns-n-roses-at-dodger-stadium/

/jarmo

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1025 on: April 27, 2016, 05:14:50 PM »

My god why are we arguing about this in a completely unrelated thread? Who cares who said what about slash or when? Some days i hate coming here and reading comments because some people start the most ridiculous bullshit.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #1026 on: April 27, 2016, 05:21:08 PM »

My god why are we arguing about this in a completely unrelated thread? Who cares who said what about slash or when? Some days i hate coming here and reading comments because some people start the most ridiculous bullshit.

Exactly right.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1027 on: April 27, 2016, 05:23:26 PM »

You just brought it back. Wink

Sorry! Couldn't resist.  hihi

Win Tickets to Guns N? Roses at Dodger Stadium
http://thesoundla.com/2016/04/gunsnroses/

/jarmo
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 05:25:40 PM by jarmo » Logged

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1028 on: April 27, 2016, 05:27:18 PM »

You just brought it back. Wink

Sorry! Couldn't resist.  hihi

Win Tickets to Guns N? Roses at Dodger Stadium
http://thesoundla.com/2016/04/gunsnroses/

/jarmo

LOL sorry Jarmo, i just can't stand when people start shit for no good reason. Even worse that it is completely off topic.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #1029 on: April 27, 2016, 05:28:36 PM »

LIVE NATION PRESALE FOR JULY 24 METLIFE SHOW.

Guns N' Roses
Not in This Lifetime

July 24 - Second Show Added!
MetLife Stadium

July 23 - SOLD OUT!

Presale starts:
Thursday, April 28 at 10AM

Presale ends:
Thursday, April 28 at 10PM

Use Password: BACKSTAGE

Public On Sale: Fri, April 29 at 10am

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1030 on: April 27, 2016, 05:29:29 PM »

Interesting they're using the same password as the previous shows.
adydas78
Headliner

« Reply #1031 on: April 27, 2016, 06:55:55 PM »

I created a thread a few days ago about how cool it would be if GN'R makes available as digital download the soundboard of each of their shows. Just like Springsteen does. And Slash did it on his first tour with Myles Kennedy back in 2010. Sure enough, some admin deleted my thread...Is this like a forbidden topic or something? I said that fans would love it, I know I would buy at least the show I went to. Maybe throw in a few good looking official pics shot at each show...

But yeah, the thread was removed in a heartbeat...I was hoping that someone close to the band might read the post and would get the message.

Also, going one step further, maybe, just maybe if the band makes available on the website a few clips and pics from each show, people won't be filming and recording like crazy during shows. Fans, including myself, love to have some memory of the shows they attended. If better quality pictures and videos are provided by the band I for sure won't care much about filming and recording with a crappy phone during the show...Not that I do it too much anyway.

Anyhow just a few thoughts, with the hopes that Jarmo, Fernando or whoever close to the band reads this before taking it down.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #1032 on: April 27, 2016, 06:59:57 PM »

I created a thread a few days ago about how cool it would be if GN'R makes available as digital download the soundboard of each of their shows. Just like Springsteen does. And Slash did it on his first tour with Myles Kennedy back in 2010. Sure enough, some admin deleted my thread...Is this like a forbidden topic or something? I said that fans would love it, I know I would buy at least the show I went to. Maybe throw in a few good looking official pics shot at each show...

But yeah, the thread was removed in a heartbeat...I was hoping that someone close to the band might read the post and would get the message.

It wasn't deleted:
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=67443.msg1431006#msg1431006

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
adydas78
Headliner

« Reply #1033 on: April 27, 2016, 08:01:48 PM »

It wasn't deleted:
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=67443.msg1431006#msg1431006

Sorry, I didn't realize, working day and night these days, while looking for another job in another state...hard to keep up with what's happening Smiley. Thanks!
gnrrock
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1034 on: April 27, 2016, 08:16:36 PM »

I don't know if this has been posted yet. Las Vegas numbers based on gross are in. Pretty great numbers based on the size of the arena.  http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/7340864/rolling-stones-america-latina-ole-hot-tours
johnreed3344
Rocker

« Reply #1035 on: April 27, 2016, 09:10:56 PM »

I don't know if this has been posted yet. Las Vegas numbers based on gross are in. Pretty great numbers based on the size of the arena.  http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/7340864/rolling-stones-america-latina-ole-hot-tours

that is awesome and the tour this summer is going to be HUGE

12/5/02
5/17/06
11/5/06
11/17/11
11/26/11
2/10/12
2/24/12
6/8/13
4/8/16
4/16/16
7/14/16
7/23/16
10/11/17
10/12/17
10/15/17
10/16/17
7/1/18
10/1/19
8/5/21
8/11/23
8/15/23 NE
MrMojoRa
VIP

iiii]; )'

« Reply #1036 on: April 27, 2016, 09:13:56 PM »

So far so good regarding proving naysayers wrong.

But, there's still a ways to go to shut the Sheeples up. You know, the ignorants who live on mass thought, the reality TV junkies, who rely on the collective brain cells of the numb-skulls......

I've heard, "Yeah I'll bet you Axl doesn't finish the fuckin' tour"......or....."Axl makes everybody wait can't even take the stage on time".

That's old news. He's been on time, for years. YEARS! Y-E-A-R-S, you stupid dumb fucks.

Axl has finished every tour since 2006.

HE BROKE HIS FOOT AND STILL HONORED HIS COMMITMENTS!

Ignorant Idiots! Every fuckin' one of them!!!!

People just like to run their mouths. No filter. No thought. No intelligence. Shit, I even heard he already quit GN'R and cancelled the Summer Tour to join ACDC.

Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

8-13-88 (Pine Knob, Clarkson, Mi); 6-11-91 (Hershey, Pa); 12-16-91 & 12-17-91 (Philly); 12-06-02 (Philly Riot); 5-12-06 (Hammerstein, NY); 10-10-06 (MSG, NY); 11-26-11 (Camden, NJ); 7-14-16 (Philly)
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #1037 on: April 27, 2016, 09:28:19 PM »

I checked out Taylor Swift's 1989 tour number to see what kind of capacity we might expect for the GN'R shows. She played many of the same stadiums, and had an end-stage setup just like GNR. Numbers are rounded to the nearest 1,000. I had to supplement with numbers for other artists for some of the venues, but all arranged an end-stage setup.

So, I think these capacity numbers are fairly accurate, give or take a couple thousand maybe.

Detroit, MI, United States @ Ford Field   50,000
Washington DC, United States @ FedExField   53,000
Kansas City, MO, United States @ Arrowhead Stadium   53,000
Chicago, IL, United States @ Soldier Field   55,000
Cincinnati, OH, United States @ Paul Brown Stadium   49,000
Nashville, TN, United States @ Nissan Stadium   ?
Pittsburgh, PA, United States @ Heinz Field 55,000
Philadelphia, PA, United States @ Lincoln Financial Field   50,000
Toronto, ON, Canada @ Rogers Centre   50,000
Foxboro, MA, United States @ Gillette Stadium   58,000
East Rutherford, NJ, United States @ MetLife Stadium   55,000
Atlanta, GA, United States @ Georgia Dome   56,000
Orlando, FL, United States @ Camping World Stadium   52,000
New Orleans, LA, United States @ Mercedes-Benz Superdome   45,000
Arlington, TX, United States @ AT&T Stadium   62,000
Houston, TX, United States @ NRG Stadium   55,000
San Francisco, CA, United States @ AT&T Park   ?
Seattle, WA, United States @ CenturyLink Field   56,000
Glendale, AZ, United States @ University of Phoenix Stadium   56,000
Los Angeles, CA, United States @ Dodger Stadium   53,000
San Diego, CA, United States @ Qualcomm Stadium   ?

If we assume 50,000 for the three venues I wasn't able to pull numbers on, the total number of tickets (excluding Dodger Stadium) is: 1,060,000

I excluded the LA date, as well as all three second shows recently announced to compare the number with the one reported by the Live Nation rep, which was 1 million sold.

That leaves 60,000 tickets left for the tour (excluding the 4 new shows), a number which in reality I think might be a little too low, but not much. So, I think the capacity numbers should be quite accurate.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
SkeletorSerpent
Rocker

« Reply #1038 on: April 27, 2016, 09:29:32 PM »

So far so good regarding proving naysayers wrong.

But, there's still a ways to go to shut the Sheeples up. You know, the ignorants who live on mass thought, the reality TV junkies, who rely on the collective brain cells of the numb-skulls......

I've heard, "Yeah I'll bet you Axl doesn't finish the fuckin' tour"......or....."Axl makes everybody wait can't even take the stage on time".

That's old news. He's been on time, for years. YEARS! Y-E-A-R-S, you stupid dumb fucks.

Axl has finished every tour since 2006.

HE BROKE HIS FOOT AND STILL HONORED HIS COMMITMENTS!

Ignorant Idiots! Every fuckin' one of them!!!!

People just like to run their mouths. No filter. No thought. No intelligence. Shit, I even heard he already quit GN'R and cancelled the Summer Tour to join ACDC.

Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

Yeah, but a lot of the negative reputation is self-inflicted. Remember, they have come light years, but they are digging themselves out of a deep fucking hole, e.g. One in a Million, domestic violence, People magazine article about beating his wife, drug glorification, homophobic impression, riots, St. Louis, Metallica animosity, Montreal, deaths at Donnington, 2002 aborted tour/Mickey Mouse voice, Charles Manson obsession, etc.
But every time the critics swear them off, claim them dead, or irrelevant, they just keep coming back. NO OTHER BAND could've pulled the shit they did, not released new music for years, and then still be an immediate Internet buzz and sell out stadiums! These mother fuckers were so great . . . . the fans, the media, pop culture, die hard fans, casuals, average rock fans, NO ONE can forget them or let them go, or keep them in the past. We are forever hungry for more GNFNR!!!!

So, all things considered, the fact that they are even relevant is a miracle. Only a band this fucking great could survive all the shit they've pulled. Their antics over the years would have killed and buried any other band. These resilient mother fuckers won't ever die. They're too good.

BUT, to bury all the naysayers and critics once for all, they need some new, kick ass music to shut them up for good. Remember, GNR's strongest point has always been their studio-produced music. Their great radio music is what built their legacy. It was above and beyond their image, their notoriety, their antics, their live shows, etc.
At the end of the day, it was and is and will be their fucking music that silences every body and firmly and irrevocably places them back on top.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 09:33:55 PM by SkeletorSerpent » Logged
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #1039 on: April 27, 2016, 09:33:05 PM »

Axl is certainly on a role.  Both figuratively and literally these days!

I believe the momentum will continue to build.  While there are some hardcore AD/DC fans who might not be happy, oh and perhaps Roger Daltrey, those gigs will give Axl another boost of goodwill amongst the masses.  He's beginning to win people over, one by one, and he hasn't even done an interview yet. Good times indeed.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 09:37:46 PM by 14 Yrs Of Silence » Logged

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 119 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: