Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 04:21:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  General "Not In This Lifetime... Tour" thread *1st POST UPDATE NOV 30*
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 119 Go Down Print
Author Topic: General "Not In This Lifetime... Tour" thread *1st POST UPDATE NOV 30*  (Read 514916 times)
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #900 on: April 12, 2016, 10:37:35 PM »

I'm sure they have more than one stage.
No. I'm pretty sure they dismantle and transport everything.

We're talking about things like the ramps and video screens and that kind of stuff, right?

Yeah, they dismantle and transport the stages...

In the past GN'R has operated with 2 or 3 stages for a tour I believe.

An example: You dismantle the stage for the first show, but you don't transport that particular stage to the second show. You transport that one to the third show and assemble it there. The stage for the second show is already set up.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #901 on: April 12, 2016, 10:42:19 PM »

An example: You dismantle the stage for the first show, but you don't transport that particular stage to the second show. You transport that one to the third show and assemble it there. The stage for the second show is already set up.

You may very well be right but that would mean they would need to have a second or third crew traveling two shows ahead with all that shit?  Doesn't seem logical or economical, does it?

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #902 on: April 12, 2016, 10:55:03 PM »

You may very well be right but that would mean they would need to have a second or third crew traveling two shows ahead with all that shit?  Doesn't seem logical or economical, does it?

For $3 million a show, it seems perfectly economical. Plus (someone might know this better) but there is a chance like with Trade Shows they may be required to use local Teamsters and Laborers for some of the build out an break down.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #903 on: April 12, 2016, 10:57:46 PM »

Economical... maybe not. But you don't want to have one stage crew, with the same one enormous stadium stage, assembling and dismantling it for two months without a break. That's slavery...  Wink

Take the 'Bigger Bang Tour' with The Rolling Stones. Sure, their stage was probably much more complex than GN'R's will be, but the GN'R one will still be sized for a stadium so it's pretty big stuff.

Rolling Stones had 3 identical stages and one assembly took close to a week to complete. It's then illogical to tour around with only one stage. GN'R's stage will probably not take that long to assemble, but I think 2 or even 3 days is probable.

Sweetness is a virtue
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #904 on: April 12, 2016, 11:02:57 PM »

For $3 million a show, it seems perfectly economical. Plus (someone might know this better) but there is a chance like with Trade Shows they may be required to use local Teamsters and Laborers for some of the build out an break down.

Yeah, I think it's pretty common that the local venue also provides a crew to help out.

I'm just guessing, but I would think for the most essential and complex parts of the stage setup, the job is done by the crew traveling with the band.

Sweetness is a virtue
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #905 on: April 12, 2016, 11:13:08 PM »

Economical... maybe not. But you don't want to have one stage crew, with the same one enormous stadium stage, assembling and dismantling it for two months without a break. That's slavery...  Wink

Take the 'Bigger Bang Tour' with The Rolling Stones. Sure, their stage was probably much more complex than GN'R's will be, but the GN'R one will still be sized for a stadium so it's pretty big stuff.

Rolling Stones had 3 identical stages and one assembly took close to a week to complete. It's then illogical to tour around with only one stage. GN'R's stage will probably not take that long to assemble, but I think 2 or even 3 days is probable.

Oh wow.  That sucks for the crews!  They only get to see every other show.  Sad

I was thinking that the reason there was 3 or 4 days between shows was to give the ONE crew - along with local labor - enough time to assemble, enjoy the show, disassemble, transport, reassemble, enjoy the show, etc.

They should travel everywhere with the two crews and two stages and just switch off who's working which show!!!  And this way they'd be able to add a second show to the sold out venues too without putting too much stress on one crew!  Cheesy

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #906 on: April 12, 2016, 11:20:55 PM »

I was thinking that the reason there was 3 or 4 days between shows was to give the ONE crew - along with local labor - enough time to assemble, enjoy the show, disassemble, transport, reassemble, enjoy the show, etc.

You have certain dates in the tour that's closer than that. The July 12, 14, 16 stretch for instance.

Sweetness is a virtue
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #907 on: April 12, 2016, 11:26:23 PM »

You have certain dates in the tour that's closer than that. The July 12, 14, 16 stretch for instance.

That show on the 14th is in Philly so does it really count?  Lips Sealed

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #908 on: April 12, 2016, 11:40:27 PM »

Nah it is typical to have more then one stage and to use local crews to help set it up.
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #909 on: April 13, 2016, 12:26:19 AM »

Chile Confirm BLACK SABBATH For November, Comming Soon GNR For December

beer

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
ckgent
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #910 on: April 14, 2016, 04:41:41 AM »

This article is suggesting 3 dates at Wembley in September.
http://www.spaziorock.it/news.php?&id=guns-n-roses-tour-europeo-stadi-2016
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #911 on: April 14, 2016, 06:04:24 AM »

I'm not sure if they'd start a European stadium tour in September??

The weather can get interesting!
ckgent
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #912 on: April 14, 2016, 10:52:25 AM »

You would be surprised, foo fighters, U2 etc have all done uk stadium shows in september
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #913 on: April 14, 2016, 01:09:49 PM »

You would be surprised, foo fighters, U2 etc have all done uk stadium shows in september

Yeah but if they are touring Europe it's gonna be a two month jaunt.
ckgent
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #914 on: April 14, 2016, 02:09:13 PM »

Maybe not. I'm pretty sure promoters would put top $ for the first few shows of uk Europe
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #915 on: April 14, 2016, 02:45:33 PM »

Yeah but if they are touring Europe it's gonna be a two month jaunt.

If the 3 nights at Wembley Stadium is true, it might just be that for Europe this year. Sort of a teaser for next year.

It might not be a full tour this year.

Sweetness is a virtue
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #916 on: April 14, 2016, 03:08:45 PM »

New Orleans interactive map available, about 75-80% sold out.

Was thinking of traveling for this show in addition to vegas and metlife... unfortunately the dates don't work for me.

Suggestion for any non US fans traveling here for a show.... go to NOLA!!!!!!

Could not think of a better time than seeing GNR down there...

Yeah, would've probably went to NOLA if it fit my schedule but I'm going back to work on August 1st. I've wanted to go to NOLA for some years now but oh well. MetLife it is!  smoking
GNFNR-UK
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #917 on: April 15, 2016, 01:36:05 AM »

The tour has already had its fair share of surprises as well as a few nods to the good old days which got me wondering...
Do you think we will see any of the following on the 2016 tour??

1. The return of the lovely Tracy and Roberta, Teddy Zig Zag and the 976 horn bitches for a few shows.

2. Slash sitting or standing on Axl's piano performing the outro to November Rain.

3. Axl using the phrase 'HOME FUCK' in Double Talkin Jive.

4. Axl performing 'Sail Away/Bad Time' as the intro to SCOM.

5. Axl & Duff duet of 'So Fine'.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 01:41:50 AM by GNFNR-UK » Logged

Previously GNFNRUK, long time poster at HTGTH who forgot his password and had 500+ posts, ooops!
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #918 on: April 15, 2016, 02:38:06 AM »

Slash was on Axl's piano during November Rain Saturday night.
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #919 on: April 15, 2016, 10:54:35 AM »

If the 3 nights at Wembley Stadium is true, it might just be that for Europe this year. Sort of a teaser for next year.

It might not be a full tour this year.

That's how I feel. Quite massive to sell out Wembley three nights in a row but I can easily see that happening. The real European leg next year then peace
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 119 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: