Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 02:31:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  General "Not In This Lifetime... Tour" thread *1st POST UPDATE NOV 30*
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 119 Go Down Print
Author Topic: General "Not In This Lifetime... Tour" thread *1st POST UPDATE NOV 30*  (Read 514833 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #880 on: April 11, 2016, 02:30:25 PM »

Philly is a large market, but because of the history with Axl I feel like there are a lot of haters in this town. some of the local DJs are very negative towards Axl which helps spread the hate. so I'm glad to see its sold well, especially with it not being on a weekend. I'm sure they'll sell a few more thousand between now and July 14. gonna be a fun night!

Yep.  Pierre is definitely not a fan of Mr. Rose.

I've actually heard more positivity about the comeback and the tour before or after GNR songs are played on 95.7.  Which is cool, but hardly a rock station.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #881 on: April 11, 2016, 04:48:03 PM »

Forosol second date is soldout...

http://www.ticketmaster.com.mx/event/140050499FEC4330
sandman
Legend

« Reply #882 on: April 11, 2016, 06:29:21 PM »

Philly is a large market, but because of the history with Axl I feel like there are a lot of haters in this town. some of the local DJs are very negative towards Axl which helps spread the hate. so I'm glad to see its sold well, especially with it not being on a weekend. I'm sure they'll sell a few more thousand between now and July 14. gonna be a fun night!

I've actually heard more positivity about the comeback and the tour before or after GNR songs are played on 95.7.  Which is cool, but hardly a rock station.

I've noticed that as well on 95.7. was shocked they were giving away tix.

Pierre actually commented on it today. he was discussing with Matt Cord (big gnr fan and good friends with Tommy Stinson), who acknowledged Pierre's dislike of Axl. Then Pierre said he doesn't hold a grudge against Axl, but he would love to have a long interview with him to discuss what he was thinking that night (12/6/02). he was being mostly sarcastic, of course.

it's a shame because when I think about how serious Axl takes his craft, Pierre is someone that really appreciates that in musicians. he also has a big audience so it would be cool to have him on board.

not a big deal. even the morning crew on MMR has been pretty negative. they are idiots and I don't think any are fans. they just make jokes about Axl's weight. last week they even said that it is "well known he has been having money problems". they are really pathetic.

102.9 has been promoting it too. heard someone on there talking about it positively last week.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #883 on: April 11, 2016, 09:04:08 PM »

I got up the interactive seating map for San Francisco. That one is nearly sold-out now. 95%+

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #884 on: April 11, 2016, 09:23:12 PM »

I got up the interactive seating map for San Francisco. That one is nearly sold-out now. 95%+
Does it change to an interactive map the closer it gets to a sellout or what?
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #885 on: April 11, 2016, 09:28:15 PM »

Not sure, some shows had those maps from the very beginning I think.

MetLife never had it, and it sold out.

Sweetness is a virtue
MrMojoRa
VIP

iiii]; )'

« Reply #886 on: April 11, 2016, 10:00:38 PM »

I've noticed that as well on 95.7. was shocked they were giving away tix.

Pierre actually commented on it today. he was discussing with Matt Cord (big gnr fan and good friends with Tommy Stinson), who acknowledged Pierre's dislike of Axl. Then Pierre said he doesn't hold a grudge against Axl, but he would love to have a long interview with him to discuss what he was thinking that night (12/6/02). he was being mostly sarcastic, of course.

it's a shame because when I think about how serious Axl takes his craft, Pierre is someone that really appreciates that in musicians. he also has a big audience so it would be cool to have him on board.

not a big deal. even the morning crew on MMR has been pretty negative. they are idiots and I don't think any are fans. they just make jokes about Axl's weight. last week they even said that it is "well known he has been having money problems". they are really pathetic.

102.9 has been promoting it too. heard someone on there talking about it positively last week.

What's the most flavorless boring thing on the planet?

Answer: Boreass Pierre Robert. He wants everyone to think his last name should be pronounced Row-bare.

Fuck him.

8-13-88 (Pine Knob, Clarkson, Mi); 6-11-91 (Hershey, Pa); 12-16-91 & 12-17-91 (Philly); 12-06-02 (Philly Riot); 5-12-06 (Hammerstein, NY); 10-10-06 (MSG, NY); 11-26-11 (Camden, NJ); 7-14-16 (Philly)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #887 on: April 11, 2016, 10:05:07 PM »

Pierre needs to let it go.  It's just not the time.

Look, I was in the building that night too.  I guarandamntee I took it harder than any radio DJ could have, too.

But is now the time to rehash all that?  Promote *this* show. The stadium damn near sold out in days.  People are clearly into this.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
MrMojoRa
VIP

iiii]; )'

« Reply #888 on: April 11, 2016, 10:39:36 PM »

Pierre needs to let it go.  It's just not the time.

Look, I was in the building that night too.  I guarandamntee I took it harder than any radio DJ could have, too.

But is now the time to rehash all that?  Promote *this* show. The stadium damn near sold out in days.  People are clearly into this.

I was in that building as well.

I got over it when I caught the very next show; Hammerstein May 12th, 2006.

I went to see them live after that historic New York show the night prior (12-05-02). I went to the wrong arena and I was 3 1/2 years early. No big deal.

If what Pierre says mattered, the show wouldn't sell well. It's selling very well. He's shown himself as irrelevant. He thinks it's cool to hate Axl. He's like any other ignoramous who thinks Axl still hits the stage 2 hours late.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 11:01:13 PM by The Seeker » Logged

8-13-88 (Pine Knob, Clarkson, Mi); 6-11-91 (Hershey, Pa); 12-16-91 & 12-17-91 (Philly); 12-06-02 (Philly Riot); 5-12-06 (Hammerstein, NY); 10-10-06 (MSG, NY); 11-26-11 (Camden, NJ); 7-14-16 (Philly)
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #889 on: April 11, 2016, 11:04:41 PM »

Not sure, some shows had those maps from the very beginning I think.

MetLife never had it, and it sold out.
Its odd some have it some don't. I wish they all did it would make it easier to see how well shows are selling.
Ja5oN
Rocker

Maybe I'll get it right next time

« Reply #890 on: April 12, 2016, 05:47:43 AM »

For the Toronto show.....they only show the Pick A Seat Map when sales are slow.  If there was any presale or the actual sale, the maps are disabled and you are left with Let Them Select Seats for you.  The maps should be up for most places now.

Toronto11/29/02 Ottawa11/17/06 London2/25/10
Vegas11/23&24/12 Toronto7/15/13(mic) Vegas5/28(whistle),30&31/14
Toronto7/16/16 Montreal 8/19/17 Ottawa 8/21/17
Toronto 10/29&30/17
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #891 on: April 12, 2016, 06:17:33 AM »

What's the most flavorless boring thing on the planet?

Answer: Boreass Pierre Robert. He wants everyone to think his last name should be pronounced Row-bare.

Fuck him.

that is really funny! like something out of a will ferrell movie.

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #892 on: April 12, 2016, 11:20:53 AM »

New Orleans interactive map available, about 75-80% sold out.

Sweetness is a virtue
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #893 on: April 12, 2016, 11:38:29 AM »

New Orleans interactive map available, about 75-80% sold out.

Was thinking of traveling for this show in addition to vegas and metlife... unfortunately the dates don't work for me.

Suggestion for any non US fans traveling here for a show.... go to NOLA!!!!!!

Could not think of a better time than seeing GNR down there...

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #894 on: April 12, 2016, 12:25:31 PM »

Just looked at Nashville. The lower bowl and ground level stuff is like 80% probably. Maybe 75% The upper deck levels are maybe 50%

It's maybe 70% sold at best. I'd stick with 2/3

It almost doesn't matter if it isn't sold out, because they are getting more people even at 2/3 capacity (40k+) then they would in any arena. Plus the show still has almost 3 months left.

It will be a sell out or 90% sold when the show comes along. Great stuff!

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #895 on: April 12, 2016, 01:50:17 PM »

Just looked at Nashville. The lower bowl and ground level stuff is like 80% probably. Maybe 75% The upper deck levels are maybe 50%

It's maybe 70% sold at best. I'd stick with 2/3

It almost doesn't matter if it isn't sold out, because they are getting more people even at 2/3 capacity (40k+) then they would in any arena. Plus the show still has almost 3 months left.

It will be a sell out or 90% sold when the show comes along. Great stuff!

Yeah, even though many shows don't seem to be instant sellouts, I think most of them will be close to capacity come show time.

To put it another way, if they had booked arenas instead of stadiums, all cities would have had sold-out venues at this point, while some would have had 2 or 3. That puts things into perspective I think. If a stadium has only sold 50% of its tickets, that's still a whole lot of tickets.

Great stuff indeed!

Sweetness is a virtue
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #896 on: April 12, 2016, 10:13:10 PM »

What do you guys think, if they plan on adding 2nd shows to the ones selling out now, they want to do it as early as possible, right?

Sweetness is a virtue
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #897 on: April 12, 2016, 10:20:59 PM »

What do you guys think, if they plan on adding 2nd shows to the ones selling out now, they want to do it as early as possible, right?

I think it might be difficult for them to add 2nd shows because most of the dates seem to be pretty close together and the 'next' venue is a distance away.  I'm guessing the stage is going to be elaborate so they'll be pressed for time to dismantle one venue, transport and reassemble for the next venue.

But if anyone could do it, my money is on the GNR crew!!!  ok

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #898 on: April 12, 2016, 10:23:33 PM »

I think it might be difficult for them to add 2nd shows because most of the dates seem to be pretty close together and the 'next' venue is a distance away.  I'm guessing the stage is going to be elaborate so they'll be pressed for time to dismantle one venue, transport and reassemble for the next venue.

But if anyone could do it, my money is on the GNR crew!!!  ok

I'm sure they have more than one stage.

Sweetness is a virtue
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #899 on: April 12, 2016, 10:26:39 PM »

I'm sure they have more than one stage.
No. I'm pretty sure they dismantle and transport everything.

We're talking about things like the ramps and video screens and that kind of stuff, right?

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 119 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: