Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 02:28:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  General "Not In This Lifetime... Tour" thread *1st POST UPDATE NOV 30*
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 119 Go Down Print
Author Topic: General "Not In This Lifetime... Tour" thread *1st POST UPDATE NOV 30*  (Read 514808 times)
jc_seven
Opening Act

« Reply #800 on: April 06, 2016, 12:54:58 PM »

Hey guys!  I am new around these parts (well, I have lurked on these boards for years).  I just had a question for y'all.

Since there is no LA show (to date), I was thinking of making the trip up to SF.  I have a two year old kid.  I was wondering if anyone here has ever taken a child this young to a show?  Much less a GnR show.  Would this be advisable?  I am heading out to the two shows in Vegas and leaving him with his g-ma but do not really want to do that again.  I was hoping I could just bring him along.  My first GnR show was at 11. Smiley

Thanks in advance.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #801 on: April 06, 2016, 12:56:16 PM »

Going to be a late and noisy night for the little man.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #802 on: April 06, 2016, 01:05:30 PM »

Hey guys!  I am new around these parts (well, I have lurked on these boards for years).  I just had a question for y'all.

Since there is no LA show (to date), I was thinking of making the trip up to SF.  I have a two year old kid.  I was wondering if anyone here has ever taken a child this young to a show?  Much less a GnR show.  Would this be advisable?  I am heading out to the two shows in Vegas and leaving him with his g-ma but do not really want to do that again.  I was hoping I could just bring him along.  My first GnR show was at 11. Smiley

Thanks in advance.

Um I would not.

This is why. I tried doing this with my son, who was 1. We have ear muffs for him too, the ones that cancel the sound. We were sitting high up too, and this woman got all on our case about it. She ended up gettin kicked out lol

It seemed somewhat taboo when I tried it. Who knows though.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #803 on: April 06, 2016, 01:10:22 PM »

Um I would not.

This is why. I tried doing this with my son, who was 1. We have ear muffs for him too, the ones that cancel the sound. We were sitting high up too, and this woman got all on our case about it. She ended up gettin kicked out lol

Oh, there would be some of that.  No question.

Do you have buy a ticket for a 2 year old?  Or do you just hold him?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jc_seven
Opening Act

« Reply #804 on: April 06, 2016, 01:12:26 PM »

Going to be a late and noisy night for the little man.

Um I would not.

Thanks, guys!

I was also considering the start time and the ramifications of a possible late show.  Lol @ Thorned Rose.  Cool story.

I do not like leaving him for sleep overs but I guess.  I am not sure I want to wait around and see if an LA show comes around.
Thorned Rose
Legend

« Reply #805 on: April 06, 2016, 01:12:38 PM »

Yeah we had no choice really. We planned on hanging out on the dining area and taking turns watching the show and someone watch him.. she was so pissed that we brough a little kid, and my wife got so upset she just left during the Wylde set.

They were cool enough to give her a refund.

But don't damn me
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #806 on: April 06, 2016, 01:17:15 PM »

Thanks in advance.

A two year old at a GNR concert would be really challenging, it would take away from your experience and at that age a child would have no recollection of it when they were older most likely.

I took my 7 yr old daughter to a Beach Boys concert last month , I figured this would be a good concert to take her to as John Stamos was sitting in that show and she is nuts about Full/fuller house.

She enjoyed some of it, but did not do really well overall , the amount of people there and the music volume was a lot for her to handle. Kid ended up taking a nap for part of it as she couldn't hang after 10PM.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Thorned Rose
Legend

« Reply #807 on: April 06, 2016, 01:20:01 PM »

Yeah, thinking more about it, I would not take anyone under 10ish to a Gn'R show. In my opinion. It would take away from the experience, as some have said.

But don't damn me
jemin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #808 on: April 06, 2016, 01:20:34 PM »

I have my 9 almost 10 year old son in tow with me for this show.  Not sure about a 2 year old.  Going to be a little loud for him/her.  
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #809 on: April 06, 2016, 07:10:11 PM »

Some promo pics provided by Live Nation, photoshopped mind you.  Wink

Houston:

Chicago:

Philadelphia:

Detroit:

Toronto:

Atlanta:

San Francisco (this one's real):

Phoenix:

San Diego:

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #810 on: April 06, 2016, 07:21:29 PM »

Wow, Photoshop disaster material there.

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #811 on: April 07, 2016, 10:28:31 AM »

Was there anything to the rumor that GN'R was in Dallas a few weeks back rehearsing?

I saw Richard Fortus recently started following Ken Pooch Van Druten, an audio engineer, on twitter. He has his home base in Dallas.

Van Druten has been the audio engineer for GN'R on the road before, in 2001 and in 2009. Usually he sits behind the mixing desk for Linkin Park, but they are not touring now, so..

Sweetness is a virtue
Ja5oN
Rocker

Maybe I'll get it right next time

« Reply #812 on: April 07, 2016, 12:16:36 PM »

Took my daughter to see KISS.  It was a late night (Guns is gonna be way later!).  She was about 6 at the time.  Hearing protection is a MUST (your ears never recover from hearing damage).

Toronto11/29/02 Ottawa11/17/06 London2/25/10
Vegas11/23&24/12 Toronto7/15/13(mic) Vegas5/28(whistle),30&31/14
Toronto7/16/16 Montreal 8/19/17 Ottawa 8/21/17
Toronto 10/29&30/17
Factory Girl
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #813 on: April 07, 2016, 12:45:46 PM »

Took my daughter to see KISS.  It was a late night (Guns is gonna be way later!).  She was about 6 at the time.  Hearing protection is a MUST (your ears never recover from hearing damage).

She's so adorable! Love the makeup!
bailyrose
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #814 on: April 07, 2016, 03:29:38 PM »

Got my tickets today for the Toronto show. Half decent seats too. Q107 had a pre sale today.
Ja5oN
Rocker

Maybe I'll get it right next time

« Reply #815 on: April 07, 2016, 03:48:37 PM »

i tried the FB presale but was still only getting 500 section row 19 kinda seats for toronto....gonna try again tomorrow and then maybe look at Platinum tickets (super jacked up, high priced tickets from Ticketmaster) or try TicketsNow and pay the scalper prices.....

Toronto11/29/02 Ottawa11/17/06 London2/25/10
Vegas11/23&24/12 Toronto7/15/13(mic) Vegas5/28(whistle),30&31/14
Toronto7/16/16 Montreal 8/19/17 Ottawa 8/21/17
Toronto 10/29&30/17
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #816 on: April 07, 2016, 03:49:22 PM »

Was there anything to the rumor that GN'R was in Dallas a few weeks back rehearsing?

I saw Richard Fortus recently started following Ken Pooch Van Druten, an audio engineer, on twitter. He has his home base in Dallas.

Van Druten has been the audio engineer for GN'R on the road before, in 2001 and in 2009. Usually he sits behind the mixing desk for Linkin Park, but they are not touring now, so..

Pooch was doing FOH for GNR at one point.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #817 on: April 07, 2016, 03:53:55 PM »

Yup, that's the main mixer. Mixing the sound that the audience hears.

Sweetness is a virtue
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #818 on: April 07, 2016, 03:59:01 PM »

Yup, that's the main mixer. Mixing the sound that the audience hears.

Correct, got a friend in that field so Im familiar with the term.

Pooch uploaded some youtubes of GNR rehearsals a few years back that got removed.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #819 on: April 07, 2016, 04:35:03 PM »

I saw my first big concert (Robert Plant) when i was almost five years old. Still remember it. It was awesome.

I saw GN'R When i was ten in 2006. That was pretty kick ass as well.
I/we had no problems at either gig.

Two years old can be tricky... Three or Four years old is much better.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 119 Go Up Print 
« previous next »