Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 10:26:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228527 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  General "Not In This Lifetime... Tour" thread *1st POST UPDATE NOV 30*
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 119 Go Down Print
Author Topic: General "Not In This Lifetime... Tour" thread *1st POST UPDATE NOV 30*  (Read 515226 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #620 on: March 16, 2016, 12:51:28 PM »

My best guess is there is a financial and strategic plan behind not announcing the next round of dates yet.

People say that, but what does that mean, though?

Wouldn't a financial benefit being having all our ticket money?  And, strategically, to get it ASAP before anyone has even seen one show?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jamillos22
Rocker

« Reply #621 on: March 16, 2016, 12:56:06 PM »

This is too big. I think they?ll just see how it goes and then book a tour. Or what if they just play a couple of shows and then announce recording this year and a tour for next year? Wouldn?t that be awesome?
I?m a dreamer ...but I?m not the only one.

Hell has frozen over.
shedkid
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #622 on: March 16, 2016, 12:56:33 PM »

Does anyone think we might get an announcement next week?  Lollapalooza announces their lineup next week and GNR are rumored to be headlining so that could be the reason they are waiting to announce the rest of the summer tour dates?  Just speculating but it would line up.  
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #623 on: March 16, 2016, 12:58:03 PM »

My best guess is there is a financial and strategic plan behind not announcing the next round of dates yet.

Wouldn't a financial benefit being having all our ticket money?  And, strategically, to get it ASAP before anyone has even seen one show?

Maybe... but I would just be guessing. I'm assuming tour promoters know better than us.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #624 on: March 16, 2016, 01:00:53 PM »

tour promoters know Gnr......baby steps! Grin

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #625 on: March 16, 2016, 01:05:02 PM »

Yeah, I know its not going to be popular to ask around here.

But just think about what I'm saying.  Could there be a feeling that they'd like to do a big tour, but let's just make sure these first few shows go off without a hitch before committing?

That could be anything from Axl realizing he though he could do this with the old guys, but now sees he can't.  Or Slash and Duff seeing too many things they think are red flags.

This doesn't mean the rumored 25 city tour won't happen.  But to suggest it might be a holding pattern for the time being is, at this point, a fair question.

That's plausible and maybe a prudent way to proceed initially.  Don't see anything controversial about raising that point other than likely checking myself into a the local asylum if they decide not to continue after the April shows.  
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #626 on: March 16, 2016, 01:09:24 PM »

That's plausible and maybe a prudent way to proceed initially.  Don't see anything controversial about raising that point other than likely checking myself into a the local asylum if they decide not to continue after the April shows.  

Hahahaha

You, me, and a lot of us, I reckon.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #627 on: March 16, 2016, 01:12:59 PM »

Let's for a second say yeah this is a trial run.....

I could see them doing Vegas and headlining Coachella....

but why would they then give Mexico City two nights over any other city....

There HAS to be a full tour...  Grin

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #628 on: March 16, 2016, 01:20:32 PM »

Let's for a second say yeah this is a trial run.....

I could see them doing Vegas and headlining Coachella....

but why would they then give Mexico City two nights over any other city....

There HAS to be a full tour...  Grin

That's true.  The Mexico City dates are the outliers so far.

It's just...ugh, just once, can't these fucking guys be normal?

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #629 on: March 16, 2016, 01:55:25 PM »

Just spitballing (and I've brought this up before):

It makes some sense to use the Vegas and Coachella shows as press to announce a tour.  You get a ton more eyeballs on the tour annoucement AND you get a show or two under the belt to "prove" to prospective buyers that this thing is real, and going to work out. 

I've said for awhile, it wouldn't shock me if the tour announcement was either between the vegas shows and Coachella weekend 1 OR between weekend 1 and 2.

And FYI: The band doesn't really get their full share of the ticket money until the shows get played.  The PROMOTER gets a share, and the band gets an advance, but a few weeks isn't going to make much difference, in that respect.  So if you determine you'll get MORE money by waiting..that makes some financial sense. 

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #630 on: March 16, 2016, 02:01:38 PM »

I've said for awhile, it wouldn't shock me if the tour announcement was either between the vegas shows and Coachella weekend 1 OR between weekend 1 and 2.

Yeah, I've been clinging to this too.

It just feels like that sometimes : clinging.

Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #631 on: March 16, 2016, 04:12:17 PM »

Yeah I don't get why they just don't announce the full tour?

I get the risk factor and the lateness and all that. Some people might be waiting for it to blow up..? I think we'll get a list of dates right before, or right after Vegas.

It sounds crazy people, but we are just 3 weeks away from Axl/Slash playing a show together... been almost 23 years. That's crazy right?

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
ckgent
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #632 on: March 16, 2016, 05:04:34 PM »

As a promoter, I can safely say that its sometimes as frustrating for us as it is the fans. You can have a date on hold for ages, then the agent asks for it to be moved etc. It's all to do with routing, availability, what's on the table, having advertising budgets in place etc. That's it in a simple nutshell, there is much more to organise than that. For now, be grateful that there are the shows there are... Large scale reunions are far from easy to coordinate,
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #633 on: March 16, 2016, 05:47:32 PM »

For the first time in, maybe ever, management has bought a lot of goodwill.

I know that I personally think things were handled well enough initially, I am willing to accept there is a plan here.

GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #634 on: March 17, 2016, 01:10:04 AM »

If I remember correctly, didn't they have dates pop up time to time, for the 2011 North American Tour ? 

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #635 on: March 17, 2016, 05:18:00 AM »

I know that I personally think things were handled well enough initially, I am willing to accept there is a plan here.

For emphasis.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #636 on: March 17, 2016, 07:09:10 AM »

If I remember correctly, didn't they have dates pop up time to time, for the 2011 North American Tour ? 

Yes, shows started getting announced in September 2011. Then a full press release came out later that month, but without all the specific dates on it.
More dates kept getting announced during the tour as well.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #637 on: March 17, 2016, 08:06:04 AM »

Spirit, you can remove the Isle of Wight from your page 1 tour speculation list as the final headliner has been announced as The Who.

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #638 on: March 17, 2016, 09:38:22 AM »

Guns N' Roses In Per?:

'' They Are Very Advanced Negotiations ''

ok

GNR In Per? & Colombia, December 2016

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
sandman
Legend

« Reply #639 on: March 17, 2016, 09:39:44 AM »

For the first time in, maybe ever, management has bought a lot of goodwill.

I have no idea how these things work, but in a case like this, where GnR is probably getting some guaranteed amount per show, possibly in the extremely high range of $3M per show, I'm guessing the promoters are making the key decisions regarding how things are handled and that GnR's management is less involved.

I'm also guessing that details are still being worked out and that GnR, under Axl's leadership, are playing it smart and negotiating great deals for them, knowing they are holding all the cards.  

Others have mentioned an announcement coming in april when this thing starts. that is a very possible scenario since 1.5 to 2 months notice is plenty of time (tour could start in late May). I think it would be smart too since the buzz for those shows will be huge. people will be excited hearing/reading about it....then boom! concert is announced in your town. very effective.

but again, we're all just guessing here. I'm just saying I don't think you can blame management in this case for any perceived lack of announcement/activities/info.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 119 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: